• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected 23 Hour clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malnaborg

Farmer
Proposal:
Basically in every aspect that this could be used, i suggest the countdown timer is 23 hours instead of the 24 hour clock we have now. So for instance with aiding friends, the clock starts at 23 hours and counts down, or our special buildings we can collect from once a day is on a 23 hour clock.

Reason:
The reason is quite simple. On the work days i use my morning time to play the game and collect from all around my city. say 7 am. I do this monday to friday.
Then the weekend comes, and i relax in the bed a little longer, say 8 am. Go about my day and the game.
Then the new week start, now i cant collect before 8 am, where i need to be out the door. Hence i either need to login to the game at my workplace, or i need to wait to i come home. Then my collect time is maybe 4-5-6 pm and now all other stuff is happening at this hour, so all in all, i might not even have time before bedtime that night monday. So all in all, my collect time is now totally messed up, compared to my free/spare time.

The last reason for this, is that we actually already have some form of this with the Alcatraz building that will give a faster collection time compared to how well and big our guild is. At the moment i have a 22% reduction in time, which give a collection time in about 18-19 hours.

Details:
Use 23 hour clock on all places where a "collection" is happening. That way we can always be sure to more or less keep the best time in our daily life where we can collect. And not be affraid that the time frame will move the next day.

Visual Aids:
None needed

Balance:
This will of cause give the player a faster collection period. The change however (i hope) would be easy, with editing the time frame from 24 hours to 23.

Abuse Prevention:
Compared to how this will be added to the game, the "abuse" as i see it, is a faster collection time, hence a player will benefit more and quicker with what ever the collection is.

Summary:

In summary, a 23 hour collection time would be asked for, so the player in the future can be sure to have a set collection time, or have the possibility to move the collection hour by 1 hour each day.
How this is implemented in the game, is in my view full of possibilities. It can be a direct edit from the developers or be done with some kind of boost as we know it now with "complete a production now" "reduce time by x hours" etc.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Malnaborg

Farmer
Are you talking about the neighbor aid / attack feature ?

If so good point, but never the less there is a lot of possible ways to protect yourself.
You can plant an army in your defends, you can use the shield from the tavern or if a player is really attacking you, aid them or ask them to be your friend ;-)

Lastly you would also have the possibility to attack more often so, for that point of view, i guess it give and takes something with this.

CrashBoom

Legend
there is a lot of possible ways to protect yourself.
the only one which is working perfectly is collecting in time

but that is not possible with 23 hour timer
because it is not possible to be always there after 23h

or should I stand up 1 hour earlier every day ?

so after reaching the earliest time a day a player plays the productions will be 1 hour open to be plundered every day and that forever

Malnaborg

Farmer
That is correct. How ever a lot of the building will not be plundered if they are motivated.
For instance the trainset will not be. Which i think is the only, or one of, that can be plundered in my city.
All the great buildings for instance can not be plundered, the wishing wells cant and some of the new event buildings are also "safe" from plundering.
So in my view there is a very little chance for this. And if 1 hour was the fail time for you, then i would guess you might have lost anyway an hour later.

But no matter what, attacks from neighbors will always be a risk, so the "collect before an attack" will always be the best defense yes.
But compared to the winnings with a 23 hour clock, i see this as a very little "minus" with the addition, because your enemies should also attack you 1 hour earlier the next day and so on.

1BFA

Viceroy
Lets think about it...
e.g. Let's say I collect at 8 am
Monday 8.am
Tue 8.10am
Wed 8.15 am
Thur: 8:30 am
Fri :8:40 am
Sat 8:45 am
Sun 9 am
Mon : 9:15 am

Meaning today due to time to, collect BG, free fp bar, do some rq...time keeps on slipping

Now if we do 23:hr.... in theory it will become...

Monday 8.am
Tue. 7:10am
Wed 6.15 am
Thur: 5:30 am
Fri :4:40 am
Sat 3:45 am
Sun 3 am
Mon : 2:15 am

NOT Going to happen....

Maybe 23hr:55 mins is ok. but not 23hrs.

If you are suggesting that ppl should leave their city uncollected for an hour..you are making it a plunder's paradise....some of us want to collect the city asap..

Tanmay11

Regent
could be fixed by something like mass supply rush, but for all buildings and for abuse prevention it could be limited to one use per week and max 1 hr reduction.

but i dont think it needs fixing in the first place lol..

Malnaborg

Farmer
Well i would say the way it is now is just as much of a plunder option. Because as you point out 1BFA the time slips in either direction, meaning that either i collect later for each day, meaning it might not be in my free time, so i need to leave for work or other stuff, leaving my city open for plunder with all buildings because i have not been online at the time.

With the 23 hour time, i will always have the exact same time frame.
If i collect each morning at 7 am, no matter what. My time frame will at max be from 6 am to 7 am. Maybe 5.XX am but in that zone.

With the 24 hour time frame, and each day as you write move the time frame by xx minutes, One day i simply will not be home and now i might not be able to collect before 4-5 PM. Hence leaving my city open for 7-8 hours.

So in my view, collection wise, it would be safer for me and a win to always know that i can collect in my 6-8 am time frame.

Malnaborg

Farmer
Okay please STOP with the nonsense remarks if you dont have anything to bring to this topic. No need for this people. Be adult come on.

Thunderdome

Emperor
It's a solid no from me. The time doesn't need to be adjusted from 24 hours to just 23. Look at this way, if we go by said rule then as the days go by, we lose an hour for when we have to collect. Take for an example, if a person collects their 24-hour based stuff at 7pm when they are home from work, their stuff will be ready by 6pm when he or she is stuck in traffic trying to get home. Or, if they collected at 6am before heading on with their day, then they will have to set an alarm for 5am so they won't have to get plundered or just sleep on by.

There are days where I stayed up at night to collect, then there are days where I just sleep away until morning to collect. I only have a few buildings that might be plundered but I don't worry on it; little goods, little resources... I am not worried on it. I still get my return when I get froggy with those that dare, sometimes hitting their low defense buddy.

My Alc has an 18 hour recruit timer, time shorter than the rest. Which means, I can recruit nearly twice in a day when it comes about and if I get up too early and stay up too late. I guess I am in a good guild that has that bonus as well.

In summary, don't fix what isn't broken (the timer in this case) just because you wanted it to end early for you.

How about we remove the cooldown so I can plunder you more
The rest of us would like this to happen, but due to the ones who will cry that they got hit multiple times and got plundered dry, Inno places this penalty onto all of us.

1BFA

Viceroy

If i collect each morning at 7 am, no matter what. My time frame will at max be from 6 am to 7 am. Maybe 5.XX am but in that zone.

Give me 1 week collection with 23hr starting at Monday 8am
Well i would say the way it is now is just as much of a plunder option. Because as you point out 1BFA the time slips in either direction, meaning that either i collect later for each day, meaning it might not be in my free time, so i need to leave for work or other stuff, leaving my city open for plunder with all buildings because i have not been online at the time.

With the 24 hour time frame, and each day as you write move the time frame by xx minutes, One day i simply will not be home and now i might not be able to collect before 4-5 PM. Hence leaving my city open for 7-8 hours.

So in my view, collection wise, it would be safer for me and a win to always know that i can collect in my 6-8 am time frame.

So everyday you will let your city uncollected for 15-30 mins?

Malnaborg

Farmer
Fine.

I guess i was completely off with this suggestion. Close this topic since it is done.
Thanks for the comments, apparently only a small community like this, as to why i suggested it. But this was a solid backlash apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.