• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Will Not Fix: [21742] Tooltips of nearby items cover part of the chat window

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
Either:
1.) go to your city and have the chat window open
2.) hover the mouse over a building close to the chat window
--> the tooltip for this building covers part of the chat window

or:
1.) go to any of the province maps in GvG and have the chat window open
2.) hover the mouse over a sector (or river, mountain, ...) near the chat window (e.g. just below the input line of the chat)
--> the tooltip covers part of the chat window - in many cases part of the input line.

Expected result: the tooltip should be placed in a way that it doesn't cover the chat window

Issue Description (10/10): When you click into the command line (wanting to write a line or to into the chat) and then move the mouse a bit to prevent it from covering what you are writing (in most cases a bit down, otherwise it covers the writing of the previous posters) - you end up with a tooltip covering the input line and part of the chat. This is quite nasty - I have to move the mouse by quite a distance to avoid this behaviour.

technical info: 1.48.30261 (26.03.2015 11:00), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 17,0,0,134, Windows 7, Firefox/36.0, 1920x939, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)
note: this also happened in previous versions of FoE

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes, nothing found

Attachments

• Tooltip_covers_chat_1.jpg
    Tooltip_covers_chat_1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Tooltip_covers_chat_2.jpg
    Tooltip_covers_chat_2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

DeletedUser2752

I thought this has been reported somewhere, but I can't seem to find it, so I'll mark as confirmed