• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: [21110 ] Quesdt "Rin Gozen Speaks" doesn't accept house built overnight for population gain

Andi47

Overlord
  • World: zz1
  • Browser and Version: 1.41.27851 (04.12.2014 14:30), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 15,0,0,239, Windows 7, Firefox/34.0, 1920x939, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)
  • Overview of the bug: I have the quest "Rin Gozen Speaks" (not possible to abort this), which asks to make people enthusiastic and to gain 1400 total population. I built a Highrise, which finished overnight (while I was offline), but the quest did not recognize the gain of population. (I gained the first ~300 population by repeatedly building/selling a hut, this worked (sometimes the only way to do such quests without destroying half of a nice city), but afterwards the Highrise was not recognized). I also tried to build a hut and relog, so that I was offline while the hut finished - the population from the hut did not count
  • Screenshots: see attachment
  • How often this occurs: seems to be every time
  • Urgency: High, this affects gameplay. (rebuilding structures or building new ones is costly) Please fix before it reaches the live servers!
  • Preventative Actions: Seems it is necessary to be online when the building finishes
  • Summary: How to reproduce:
    1.) get this quest (or maybe any other quest which asks you to gain population and/or happiness?)
    2.) Build one of any type of house (a hut also triggers the bug, I just tested)
    3.) Log out before the house is finished
    4.) Log in after the house if finished
    Result: the population gained by building the house doesn't count for the quest
    (Expected result: the population should count for the quest)
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: This might be related with this one, although a refresh does NOT help in this case. I did not find any other report related to this.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: I tried to reload the game, but this did not help

Attachments

• Questbug_population.jpg
    Questbug_population.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Amy Steele

Regent
Hi Andi47,

This issue has been reported to the developers for fixing.

Please note: it is important not to delete the building before doing some action that triggers a connection to the server, such as collecting supplies or coins, reloading the game, logging out and back in again. This will force the quest to update. If you delete before doing one of these actions the building will not register for the quest at all.

FOE-21110

Andi47

Overlord
Hi Andi47,

This issue has been reported to the developers for fixing.

There was a minur update on beta since my bug report, and a guild member stated that he did not observe this bug with a similar quest. So there might be a chance that the bug is already resolved. Is the bug still present with 1.41.27931? (until 9:25 the version was 1.41.27851). Unfortunately I can't do the test right now, because I already finished the quest before the update was implemented.

Please note: it is important not to delete the building before doing some action that triggers a connection to the server, such as collecting supplies or coins, reloading the game, logging out and back in again. This will force the quest to update. If you delete before doing one of these actions the building will not register for the quest at all.

FOE-21110

I know - I did not delete the high-rise (no intention to do so as long I will be in modern era), and when I was doing the second test, I also did not delete the hut before reloading and checking back to the quest.

Last edited:

Amy Steele

Regent
This issue seems to be affecting players in a very specific situation.

Where a player shuts down their browser without logging off, then builds the residential building at a later stage without having first logged out and back in again, the building will not register for gain population quests. Until this can be fixed, the best 'workaround' or way to avoid this happening is to always ensure that you log out of the game before closing your browser.

Andi47

Overlord
*bump*
The bug still exists - it bas bitten me on .de5 (the support has resolved the situation for me, but the bug itself is still there)

Andi47

Overlord
No - but right now I have a chance to test it with the easter quest "gain 250 population" If nothing goes wrong I will know in approx. 1 hour.

Andi47

Overlord
I just tested it:
1.) had an (easter) quest to gain 250 population
2.) started building 2 pod houses
3.) did a few more actions (collecting, treasure hunt)
4.) closed browser tab and waited
5.) logged into beta after pod homes were ready
--> bug did NOT trigger, so with population it seems fixed.

If there is a quest in the easter event which demands to gain happiness, I will test with building a cultural building, to see if the bug is still present on beta with happyness.

DeletedUser

If there is a quest in the easter event which demands to gain happiness, I will test with building a cultural building, to see if the bug is still present on beta with happyness.

There is still an issue with gaining happiness quests.