• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Will Not Fix: 2 light units don't attack rogues in range primary

podkap1970

Emperor
well since noone cares seems like, or i might be wrong, anyway here is the bug report

Reproduction Steps:
do a GE fight against Surrogate Soldiers and/or Exoskeleton Soldiers (with own rogues of course:) )

Issue Description (12/10):
the light units do not attack the rogues first, if they are range, they always attack the heavy units first

i think its a heavy unit only problem

Player:
Podkap1970
World: .de
Operating System: Win7 64bit
Browser Version: Firefox 48,0
Viewport Size: 1920x943

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes

podkap1970

Emperor
for me it seems like the range as it shows on the field/map (from those 2 units), is not the real/correct range as they can attack a rogue
maybe those 2 units, (not sure its only those 2 units) needs an adjustment

but its annoying, when they attack my champion instead of the rogue

Edit: or maybe it have something to do with their skill 'close quarters' ?

i hope you find it out soon

Last edited:

podkap1970

Emperor
you can add Ultra-AP aswell
you only can see that when you move a champion, (not sure about all heavy units), move a little closer to one of those light units, even rogue is in range, he will attack the champion instead of the rogue, but its not always,
i havent found out why it do happen, maybe its just a KI problem,
but i hate it, in the last 5-10 fights in the GE, because losing champions through this, or getting heavy damage

Artubar

Baronet
thanks for reporting - I encountered the same thing on live worlds as well a few times, but I haven't been sure if I am was mistaken;

Happens primarily with Exos & Surros, but also encoundered it with an enemy rail gun yesterday.
Own agent is in range >> enemy unit *moves* so that the agent is no more in range >> enemy attacks another non-agent unit

DeletedUser6837

This seems to have been a side effect of the change to move rogues last. It's as if this has effected the decision process of the A.I as to which unit it will attack next.

DeletedUser7028

sorry but like i've understood....there is a different IA for continet mao and jungle and neighbors....the IA in the continent maps is very strong then other....they attack first the soldiers and after the rouge...the other IA first attack the rouge...maybe this information can help you

DeletedUser4130

If the rouges have changed then there is no bug. IA will normally target your next unit to move, which would be the non-rouge unit since the change that rouges move last. If rouges have not changed and are in range, then this is the same issue we had a few months back.

podkap1970

Emperor
even you changed the surrogate soldier to a ranged unit, he still don't attack the rogue first which is in range
just right now i had a rogue very close, he still did attack my arctic champion

it does not always happen, but like 50 % ?

i guess this will not be fixed any time soon, since its a KI problem, and harder to fix
or never

podkap1970

Emperor
since a patch this week i think, the Recon Raiders are bugged too now
they don't attack rogues in range, in a GE match

DeletedUser730

Why would this be a bug? Inno is free to make the AI act however they like. Makes the game more unpredictable, which is good.

podkap1970

Emperor
Why would this be a bug? Inno is free to make the AI act however they like. Makes the game more unpredictable, which is good.
because, if the enemy don't attack the rogue first anymore, than the rogue will be an useless unit, and sure the fights will be harder
but it doesn't matter, it won't get fixed anyway
you can delete this bug report if you want, i just don't care anymore :)

Artubar

Baronet
My guess: There's some kind of priority list, and the AI 'plans' its moves according to this list.
And in some cases (recently more and more), the 'attack rogue' goal is not on top anymore.

When I noticed that bug the first times, it's always been with Exoskeleton soldiers which didn't attack rogues at the edge of their range but some unit closer to them - so either the 'Blast' ability (less range > more damage) or/ and 'Close quarters' (bonus on attacks with range = 1) did definitely have a higher priority, and it still has.

Also Surrogates tend to attack my Dragon drones or Recons instead of rogues; most likely because they have a bonus against fast and light units, but this doesn't happen always, no obvious pattern there.
(I already have a ton of screenshots showing the positions of my units, especially rogues, and the range of the enemy units - taken whenever I feared the buggy behavior to appear, and the respective afterwards screenshot in case it happened; but I guess those screens wouldn't be of any help to find the bug, right?)