• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Dynamic Tower Icon not disappearing.

• Thread starter DeletedUser6863
  • Start date

DeletedUser6863

Reproduction Steps:
1. Collect from Dynamic Tower
2. Aid players
3. When all aids used the icon is stuck on 1 aid left and does not disappear until refresh.

Issue Description (10/10):

Please include the following information:
- What you were expecting to happen When all aids finished I would expect he green hand icon on the right hand side to disappear.
- What actually happened All aids finished and the green hand icon on the right hand side is still visible. Disappears on refreshing.
- Visual reference if available

Player: *Dragonsden86
World: *zz1
Operating System: *Windows 10
Browser Version: *Chrome/63.0.3239.132
Viewport Size: *1366x662

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes/No Yes

Amy Steele

Regent
Hi dragonsden86, thanks for your report!

At first I thought I could reproduce this... with a level 1 Dynamic Tower, with 12 uses available, I aided 12 players, and the icon was still there. However, I then tried again, looking closely at the tooltip for Dynamic Tower icon in the side bar, and discovered the following...

when 'there were no buildings to polish or motivate at the moment' the counter did not decrease. Therefore after 12 aids the icon was still visible. After I had used up all 12 aids, the icon disappeared correctly. Might this be what happened with you?

Did anyone else experience this issue?

DeletedUser6863

Hi Amy
Thank you for answering. I thought this at first as well so I left it 3 days before I reported it so I could check. Every day it got to 1 aid left. I finished all aids, Guild, neighbours and friend and it was still there. It only disappeared when I logged out and back in again. DT is level 8 (33 aids). I will check again tomorrow morning when I aid again. I will let you know what happens.

Amy Steele

Regent
Thanks dragonsden86, we will try again with a level 8 DT as this might be specific to that level.

Does this happen every time you reach 1 aid remaining, or just some of the time?

DeletedUser6863

Today icon reached 2 remaining. I then visited 2 cities and motivated 2 buildings. The coins for motivating showed but no goods. When I returned to my city I still had the DT icon with 2 aids remaining where it should of gone due to last 2 motivations. When I refreshed the icon disappeared. This is happening everyday atm.

DeletedUser6863

Today icon disappeared when final of my 33 aids was used. I will keep watching just to make sure though.

Amy Steele

Regent
Thanks dragonsden86, I was hoping that by following your steps, and visiting each city rather than aiding, as I had been doing so far, I could reproduce your steps. However I am still unable to reproduce this issue, even by visiting. Please do let us know how it goes tomorrow - it may just be that this was fixed with today's update :)

DeletedUser6863

This has not stopped happening since I first reported it but seeing as it had been archived I assumed it could not be fixed.
This has now started happening on live as well as Beta. It seems to happen when switching between Guild members and Friends lists while aiding. As the Dynamic Tower gives goods from the age of the building aided I switch between both so as to get the highest goods. If I do this often for the last 4 or 5 DT goods the icon becomes locked and does not disappear when it should. Only way to remove it is to re load game.

DeletedUser8277

I encountered this on my live city today. Level 10 DT. I used the aid button and my DT counter was stuck showing 1 though I had no remaining uses left and aiding someone else (and making sure a building was mo/po'd) did not result in a good.

Refreshing the game cleared the icon from the side bar.

DeletedUser6863

This problem is still happening on Beta and also on live.

DeletedUser6863

Today this did not happen but I did not swap between Guild and Friends Icons. It seems to happen when switching between Guild members and Friends lists while aiding. As the Dynamic Tower gives goods from the age of the building aided I switch between both so as to get the highest goods. If I do this often for the last 4 or 5 aids for DT goods the icon becomes locked and does not disappear when it should. This seems to be the trigger as the same happens on live.