• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Challenges await you!

CDmark

Baronet
rivals never asked for 64 or more GE tasks :rolleyes:

it was always the players decission not to negotiate when it was asked
instead they used the loophole of autocomplete those task after 64 encounters were done

they can as always
if they do what is asked and not try to outsmart the system

you NEVER needed autocomplete :rolleyes:
you just need to do what is asked :p
yes. In this rivals, more GE based, I believe it went into L4 GE for the last negotiations, if you follow the quests in order. Other Rivals, L2 or L3 GE at most to finish the negotiation tasks. I think the ones giving attempts as some quest prizes are most fair.

CrashBoom

Legend
yes. In this rivals, more GE based, I believe it went into L4 GE for the last negotiations, if you follow the quests in order. Other Rivals, L2 or L3 GE at most to finish the negotiation tasks. I think the ones giving attempts as some quest prizes are most fair.
yes it will need 4 levels (most likely)
and negotiation will become more expensive there

but it can be done without autocomplete (if they don't increase it in this rival)

and other rivals weren't expedition rivals and shouldn't have GE in it at all

CDmark

Baronet
and other rivals weren't expedition rivals and shouldn't have GE in it at all
I think they use it as filler for quests. Event rivals, if they kept using event based quests for all 32, they would be more difficult. At least having 8-10 GE based, we can get them done. Or it can get to 80 - 24 hour productions or win 50 battles when we have no GBG.

CDmark

Baronet
YEP If you prepared and had all 24 hour blacksmiths ready to go, not happy. I had 12 - 4 hour and 12 - 8 hour quests. I popped the 4 hour ones. I didn't have the 24 hour ones ready to go, I just forgot to do it. I usually have 12 - 8 hour ready to go just for the DC but a few of them were 1 hour, I forget why. So, I am on quest 24, 6 GE fight and 3/12 - 8 hour left...nice time for a break, let the attempts recharge while getting the 8 hour done. I do have 47 hours left, so from a Rivals perspective, time is on my side.

ADSL

Squire
  • FOE-81607: We adjusted Quests that autocomplete:
    • Guild Expedition related quests will no longer complete when you're currently unable to participate. This change is particularly crucial for Bronze Age players and those who have recently switched guilds.
    • Quests requiring actions in Guild Expeditions will now only autocomplete after all possible encounters have been resolved. Previously, they would autocomplete once level 4 was finished.
    • Adjustments have been made to the balancing of quests and rewards, especially concerning Rival Challenges, to accommodate for these changes.
Nothing has been adjusted. The first task of the Rival will not pass in the Bronze Age.

Nothing has been adjusted. The first task of the Rival will not pass in the Bronze Age.
Iirc, the devs have been straightforward regarding this issue. The point of the game is to develop a city through the ages. While there may be a handful of players that want to build boutique Bronze Age cities it's not incumbent on the devs to modify the game to accomodate this very small segment of the player base.

ADSL

Squire
Iirc, the devs have been straightforward regarding this issue. The point of the game is to develop a city through the ages. While there may be a handful of players that want to build boutique Bronze Age cities it's not incumbent on the devs to modify the game to accomodate this very small segment of the player base.
  • Adjustments have been made to the balancing of quests and rewards, especially concerning Rival Challenges, to accommodate for these changes.

CrashBoom

Legend
bronze age never could do GE
why should there be changes ?

the adjustments are just because of level 4 doesn't auto-complete anymore
:rolleyes:

CDmark

Baronet
AD they did make adjustments for 99.9999% of the players
12 - 4 hour productions
12 - 8 hour productions
so far
2 significant adjustments

Now, a GE based Rivals giving GE rewards is going to have GE quests and BA players will just have to sit it out or make an adjustment, go to Iron Age. I was Iron Age, loving it there, even had a few toga parties. Then it came, the Antiques Dealer quest. I wanted the prize so I went to EMA so I could get it. Actually, I find GE 5 easier in EMA because the pesky mounted archers come all the way over, convert a few rogues but I have enough to slap them right back with the 1-hit kill. Then auto battle.

bronze age never could do GE
why should there be changes ?

the adjustments are just because of level 4 doesn't auto-complete anymore
:rolleyes:
Yes. He was specifically talking about adjustments made regarding the change to auto-complete. So, what are you trying to say? That they should enable BA players access to GE? To the AD? Like I said, they have been pretty clear about their intentions relative to this. They want players to age up.

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
Yes. He was specifically talking about adjustments made regarding the change to auto-complete. So, what are you trying to say? That they should enable BA players access to GE? To the AD? Like I said, they have been pretty clear about their intentions relative to this. They want players to age up.
So no more “Play the game your way, do as much or as little as you like.”? Now it has changed to, aging up is your only option. You will have to conform from playing your way, to playing the way the company wants you to, if you would like to play parts of the game you enjoy.

So, what are you trying to say? That they should enable BA players access to GE? To the AD?
If a player is unable to access that part of the game, there should be alternatives that a player can complete. It was like that with the AD. If a player did not unlock that technology, there was always an alternative quest for them that was possible to complete, so they could play a part of the game they enjoyed. You are saying the company will no longer be adding that alternative? The only option now is for the players to not play the game their way?

Will they be coming after tiny town next? You will have to add an expansion as a Rival quest?

So no more “Play the game your way, do as much or as little as you like.”? Now it has changed to, aging up is your only option. You will have to conform from playing your way, to playing the way the company wants you to, if you would like to play parts of the game you enjoy.
There are no rules against playing 18 holes of golf with only a 7-iron and a putter. But, players that choose to play this way understand that shooting par is out of the question. Players that choose to stay in lower eras should accept the fact that there are features. Players in BA can't do GE. They can't do daily challenges, contribute to GBs, QI, AD, Settlements, or PvP either. Choosing to remain in BA has consequences the same as golfing with a 7-iron and a putter.

If a player is unable to access that part of the game, there should be alternatives that a player can complete. It was like that with the AD. If a player did not unlock that technology, there was always an alternative quest for them that was possible to complete, so they could play a part of the game they enjoyed. You are saying the company will no longer be adding that alternative? The only option now is for the players to not play the game their way?
No, the option is for BA players to accept that there may be quests that they cannot complete or age up if they think the events are important.
Will they be coming after tiny town next? You will have to add an expansion as a Rival quest?
Your guess is as good as mine. I don't have a tiny town (neither do you) and don't spend a nanosecond of my time worrying about things that INNO may do that will have no effect on my game. However, if they create a quest that conflicts with my game I will make a decision to either complete the quest or take a pass.

Disappointing that the Rival Challenge released in Beta on 30 April cannot be completed by a player who is ineligible to participate in the Guild Expedition for any reason: Bronze Age players, players who reach Irin Age after the Expedition begins, players who join a guild after the Expedition begins, and those in guilds where leaders do not unlock enough levels.

estrid

Baronet
This is ridiculous... The Rival who appeared today had lots of guests that required either fighting or negotiating on GE.
After doing all these I'm in the end of the whole thing. (Level 5 completely done) And then the task 28 gives me 8 attempts of GE... for what???

Besides, there is one typo: The task requires 4 negotiations but the text says 6.