• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Settlement: Polynesia

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
polynesia_logo.png

Hello Forge Fans!

A new Settlement arrived: Polynesia!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "I would prefer polygons." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Pls include in announcements like this a link to the international (beta) forum, not just discord. Alternatively be upfront and transparent with the intentions for future feedback and giving access to information and discussions. A platform that disallows non-members to read discussions and accessing information shared on the platform and only refer to such a platform is imo very bad and user unfriendly.

Looks interesting. I'm happy to see that the time reward building is not very strong so I can play this at my own pace.
I thought this settlement would contain a new minigame mechanic like Aztecs but there is no mention of it in the announcement. Unless you consider the fact that there are no roads as the new mechanic.
At the moment I can't test it because I'm suffering from the mandatory downtime of 21 hours since I just abandoned my Egypt settlement to play Polynesia.

The diplomacy requirement in the tech tree just encourages people to delete their entire settlement every time they need to do research, is that seriously what inno wants? Theres no way to meet the requirement with anything else in the city. Same problem with mougals, nobody liked it. It's not a challenge, it's just a waste of time.

The final event building kind of sucks and makes other GB get deleted. Who needs that many past age goods per day? I'm swimming in tens of thousands because my defense is now good enough I don't have to neg. There's no other use for past age goods.

CrashBoom

Legend
it is just the old
sell everything, build deco, research, sell deco, build everything

why not making it like the QI settlement
with happinesss --> higher production
and only sell buildings to replace them with better ones

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I agree with others, the settlement is very unimaginative. After such a long break I was expecting something completely different and (hopefully) better, but this is just the Viking settlement with some (admittedly very nice) QoL changes. I will have to wait until after a full play through for full thoughts, but my initial impression is ... meh.

As usual the art department has done a great job :)

The diplomacy requirement in the tech tree just encourages people to delete their entire settlement every time they need to do research, is that seriously what inno wants? Theres no way to meet the requirement with anything else in the city. Same problem with mougals, nobody liked it. It's not a challenge, it's just a waste of time.

The final event building kind of sucks and makes other GB get deleted. Who needs that many past age goods per day? I'm swimming in tens of thousands because my defense is now good enough I don't have to neg. There's no other use for past age goods.
Aka buy diamond expansion

I agree with others, the settlement is very unimaginative. After such a long break I was expecting something completely different and (hopefully) better, but this is just the Viking settlement with some (admittedly very nice) QoL changes. I will have to wait until after a full play through for full thoughts, but my initial impression is ... meh.

As usual the art department has done a great job :)
I guess the Aztecs spoilt us. :p What a unique minigame that was.

The peak in the south has a forced prospective. The top give the impression of being level with the settelement area. While the bottom imply that the top is at a different level (higher).

It induces nausea to me. And I'm firced to either change browser tab of immediately exit the settlement.

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Thank you very much for your feedback so far.
Do you have ideas on how to improve the settlement? Maybe even with what you think are core problems and possible solutions? I think the developers and Game Designers would appreciate this a lot. :)
So far I got:
You have to place lots of diplomacy buildings just to research and then you remove them again. Solution: Add diplomacy modifier to productions in settlement (similar to QI Euphoria)

Communal Cooking Area should give 132 diplomacy to have the same diplomacy per square efficiency of the corresponding not coin producing diplomacy building (Melodic Statue & Statue of Music 11 diplomacy per square, while currently Cooking Area 10.8).

The other building are also slightly off. All other cultural settlement have them alligned perfectly.

Last edited:
So far I got:
You have to place lots of diplomacy buildings just to research and then you remove them again. Solution: Add diplomacy modifier to productions in settlement (similar to QI Euphoria)
The second is an idea to make the settlement more interesting to play. It's not a solution to the issue in the first sentence.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
I appreciate the new time settings for production. They encourage players to take it easy and not rush the productions. The relaxed style kind of fits the new environment...

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Spicing up settlements giving them a unique minigame. Example:

Vikings where the vanilla settlement to learn core mechanics

Feudal Japan: master mind / merchant

Aztecs: minesweeper

Mughals: set & chain buildings

Suggestion for this settlement: battleship; find different islands using clues like waves/birds/stars, etc. Just the same mechanics like battleship. Instead of seeking ships, finding islands

Alternative: reintroduce the treasure hunt but with longer time slots 5h / 7h / 9h / with an expiration time of 20% for the relative time slot. Selling it as different trade expeditions to friendly other islands settlements for assistance. With improving rewards the bigger time slot is reached

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I think a very simple thing to spice things up is to move the starting tiles down here. Currently i think most players will just stick to the rectangle up top, but if you move the starting tiles further down it's easier to use the bottom part as well if the impediments are nice.
xXrLHap.png

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Personally I would want a completely new minigame for the settlement, but that's probably too late now, so how about reworking an existing event minigame?

Wildlife: You have X games per day, replace Paws with the 4 different goods. Either all in same board, or a specific goods type for each board. Will have to change up the balancing of course. Not sure if chests should be a thing or not, perhaps let those give settlement currency?

Anniversary (gems): Instead of keys, give specific goods for full level 3/4 "gems". Make each goods a gem type. Either have all 4 goods on each board, or randomly chose 3.

Winter: please don't :p Although I think a variation with some sort of tile matching game could be fun.

St. Pat: Make stuff cost settlement currency, if you want to go really crazy tie the minigame to technology progression.

Etc...

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
St. Pat: Make stuff cost settlement currency, if you want to go really crazy tie the minigame to technology progression.
Every one gangsta until the Irish settlement shows up. With the SPD event minigame as a need to progress. With settlement coins and goods replacing pots of gold and shamrocks replacing diplomacy & goods requirements for new buildings.
Personally I would want a completely new minigame for the settlement, but that's probably too late now, so how about reworking an existing event minigame?
I want that too. Without settlements feel a little boring and uninspiring. Like the Vikings. That's why I suggested treasure hunt. It's very easy and simple to program and still implement. Although simple it'll add to the uniqueness of the settlement and deepens its lore

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
So far I got:
You've missed something:
Pls include in announcements like this a link to the international (beta) forum, not just discord. Alternatively be upfront and transparent with the intentions for future feedback and giving access to information and discussions. A platform that disallows non-members to read discussions and accessing information shared on the platform and only refer to such a platform is imo very bad and user unfriendly.
Judging from the likes there are more who feel you've missed it

e2m2

Squire
What are the requirements to access this new Settlement? I still can't see it, even though I have Signposts in HMA researched/unlocked already.

shad2389

Viceroy
when i enter the setelment then check the quest giver if i go on the setelment reward i can't see the stats for the building or see the diferent setelment reward for every go around of the setelment