• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Antiques Dealer rebalance

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So you gonna tell me you gonna spend diamonds on coins? How about sell the stuff you not need any longer? On my main world, I am actually selling lots of buildings right now to prepare for this update. But honestly 1M coins as a starter is just a laugh, they really need to fix this. Even in my first main I am not over 1,5M coins.

PS: The preparing is just for the gems, not for coins.
I mean i'm not over 1.5M coins either, but mostly because at 1.2M coins and not spending them I started ignoring the process of selling. Which I recommenced today:

1710362237790.png

Definitely not going to spend diamonds on getting coins, but I do think I'll be saving up for specific odds and ends.

Let's say I'm somehow able to sustain 50k a day worth of trade-in value (maybe not with high individual value items on 24 hr cycle like above as i'll run out of them - but maybe mid-value items I can make a ton of on 8hr cycles twice a day).

And that good items going for 1-2M is "average" eventually. That'd be 1 item every 20-40days - if that 1 item is something I really want, I think I'm ok with that.

I'll have to be selective, but say there's like 50 people in every auction - I can't expect to win them that often if others are going to enjoy the feature too. So things do need to be a little expensive or we'll be back like when the antique dealer was new. A small handful of people using it heavily and most people ignoring auctions and only shopping shelf because they can never win. There has to be more demand for coins than supply to avoid auction barons having *all* the fun.

Caprea

Merchant
As I said, the highest gets you under 10 000 coins, So of that (which is probably very rare in your inventory) you would need more than 120 pieces.
How often do you think you are going do be able to buy something?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
As I said, the highest gets you under 10 000 coins, So of that (which is probably very rare in your inventory) you would need more than 120 pieces.
How often do you think you are going do be able to buy something?
If you only use the highest, not very often because those pieces don't show very often - they're expensive for a reason.

But there are more commonly available pieces that you could manufacture to turn in faster and even focus on if you wanted antique dealer auctions to be a core progress mechanic for you and not just an occasional nice bit of bling.

I'm not really looking to call out specific ones as that might be asking for them to be nerfed, but our cities make a *lot* of crap we don't use these days. Not all your trade-ins have to be 24-hr.

Caprea

Merchant
You would need 300 pieces of something worth 4 000 coins (for example the rogue hide out). Well I have less than 80 of it. And of most items with similar amount perhaps 1 to 3 items.
Just look into your inventory (inside the dealer) and have a guess how much you are going to get for those pieces, how long it is going to take you to make so many deals, even if you have those items. And especially how often will you be able to do so?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You would need 300 pieces of something worth 4 000 coins (for example the rogue hide out). Well I have less than 80 of it. And of most items with similar amount perhaps 1 to 3 items.
Just look into your inventory (inside the dealer) and have a guess how much you are going to get for those pieces, how long it is going to take you to make so many deals, even if you have those items. And especially how often will you be able to do so?
My estimate was about once a month I could buy something for 1-2M coins based on ~50k a day whether that's turning in 6 big ticket items (ones in the list as ~6k, that actually turn into 9k if done on 24 hr cycle) or 12 medium ones (ones in the list for ~3k which will be 3750 on 8 hr cycle) or 48+ small ones (~1k+ cost items in the list; 8 2hr trades per day - annoying but possible).

I have on one of my worlds (not my main which would have much more, because it's trading right now and i can't see the list):

~120 "big" items (5k+ base, with the highest being almost 26k). At least 20 days to dump them if i decide to, of *way* more than 50k a day on average.

500+ "medium" items (2k-5k base). Another 40+ days backlog on 2 8 hr cycles a day. (hard to count because I have to merge fragments for a bunch of them still)

thousands of <2k base value "small" items.

Some of these items can also be turned into bigger items by combining them and adding a store building to reduce trade-in time and increase coins per trade in time.

And this is without trying to optimize for it - just crap that's built up. I'm relatively confident, if I care about coins because there's things I really want from antique dealer that are hard to get as much as I want from other sources, I can sustain 50k+ coins a day. And therefore 1.5M+ coins a month.

My estimate was about once a month I could buy something for 1-2M coins based on ~50k a day whether that's turning in 6 big ticket items (ones in the list as ~6k, that actually turn into 9k if done on 24 hr cycle) or 12 medium ones (ones in the list for ~3k which will be 3750 on 8 hr cycle) or 48+ small ones (~1k+ cost items in the list; 8 2hr trades per day - annoying but possible).

I have on one of my worlds (not my main which would have much more, because it's trading right now and i can't see the list):

~120 "big" items (5k+ base, with the highest being almost 26k). At least 20 days to dump them if i decide to, of *way* more than 50k a day on average.

500+ "medium" items (2k-5k base). Another 40+ days backlog on 2 8 hr cycles a day. (hard to count because I have to merge fragments for a bunch of them still)

thousands of <2k base value "small" items.

Some of these items can also be turned into bigger items by combining them and adding a store building to reduce trade-in time and increase coins per trade in time.

And this is without trying to optimize for it - just crap that's built up. I'm relatively confident, if I care about coins because there's things I really want from antique dealer that are hard to get as much as I want from other sources, I can sustain 50k+ coins a day. And therefore 1.5M+ coins a month.
I don't think that 50K coins per day is sustainable. I just cherrypicked my inventory and selected 7 top shelf items (2 Rogue HO, 2 WW, 1 WW shrink, 1 carousel, and 1 GB Elephant). On a 24 hour cycle I will get 47K coins. The only reason that I have these items is that I've been lazy selling junk. Normally, all I have to sell is stuff like 10% attacker boosts because I like to use the SAT RQ for selling stuff in the AD. The average player might be able to collect 50K a day for a few weeks but I doubt much longer. If I were to guess, I'd say that 20K/day could be sustainable but only for players with a high level ToR (or maybe a high level FI if they want to sell Renos/One-ups/Store Bldg).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't think that 50K coins per day is sustainable. I just cherrypicked my inventory and selected 7 top shelf items (2 Rogue HO, 2 WW, 1 WW shrink, 1 carousel, and 1 GB Elephant). On a 24 hour cycle I will get 47K coins. The only reason that I have these items is that I've been lazy selling junk. Normally, all I have to sell is stuff like 10% attacker boosts because I like to use the SAT RQ for selling stuff in the AD. The average player might be able to collect 50K a day for a few weeks but I doubt much longer. If I were to guess, I'd say that 20K/day could be sustainable but only for players with a high level ToR (or maybe a high level FI if they want to sell Renos/One-ups/Store Bldg).
I don't think ToR alone is going to keep up for the bulk that well (though it may have gotten some of its value back for an AD-player to get an occasional lazy 24 hr day). I'm mostly looking at event buildings that pop out things on a regular basis and what if you built up a whole bunch of those.

You can also use some of the events you don't care for the prizes from to target daily specials that sell well.

Ultimately though I agree the 24 hr cycle is not sustainable alone for 50k a day because you need really high quality fodder for that.

But the 8 hr cycle with "decent" fodder might be - particularly if you optimize for it.

And the 2 hr cycle definitely is (probably actually 1 8 hr + a few 2 hrs a day). Yes you need 40+ pieces of crap a day to sell but have you seen recent event buildings rate of producing crap?

Ironrooster

Baronet
Well, in my AD the Sparkborn upgrade starting at 616k coins got no bids.

I don't have enough coins for that kind of bidding.

Also I'm not going to sell any event stuff since new upgrades keep appearing.

At this point the only thing I might buy are off the shelf next age goods. And only because I don't see that anything else useful showing up

Thunderdome

Emperor
Looky here. It's a nooblet trying to price gouge at high prices and tries to buy stuff at toddler low ball prices. Yeah, I guess I will use the AD to sell items for quests now since they took out the coin for buying stuff and just left the gem price on them along with bidding with coin at an OMG that's too much price.

Kemosabe, when we said we need an update to the AD, we meant a new array of stuff.......... NOT the expensive tag!

God, you're idiots!
29 gems for rogues actually equals just 7 of them, which is in line of expectations since rogues should be ''harder'' to get than just regular units.
I beg to differ. One Rogue Hideout or Den and a 'Traz solves that :cool:

I don't think ToR alone is going to keep up for the bulk that well (though it may have gotten some of its value back for an AD-player to get an occasional lazy 24 hr day). I'm mostly looking at event buildings that pop out things on a regular basis and what if you built up a whole bunch of those.

You can also use some of the events you don't care for the prizes from to target daily specials that sell well.

Ultimately though I agree the 24 hr cycle is not sustainable alone for 50k a day because you need really high quality fodder for that.

But the 8 hr cycle with "decent" fodder might be - particularly if you optimize for it.

And the 2 hr cycle definitely is (probably actually 1 8 hr + a few 2 hrs a day). Yes you need 40+ pieces of crap a day to sell but have you seen recent event buildings rate of producing crap?
I have a bunch of event buildings that spawn frags of items that can be sold in the AD. Even so, my daily production of complete items is nowhere close to producing 40+ pieces that can be sold. 10-15 is more like it (and most of these items, such as Finish Special Production, go for <1K coins).

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I am still confused about key master selection kit is given in the antiques list, but inside anniversary epic kit 2024 they didn't include key master upgrade kit.

Inno doesn't need competitors to destroy its brand, they do it on their own hahahahaha people say something about improving the AD and they now leave the AD unusable placing gems on one side and coins on the other, both difficult to obtain. In which most items are worth no more than 3,500 coins. Including also not being able to use the coins we produce in game to buy these AD coins just like with FPs. They don't want improvements to the game, they want the game to be laborious to the point that everyone dislikes playing because it runs on a wheel like a hamster.I WANT YOU TO CALCULATE THE TIME IT WOULD TAKE TO GET A GOLDEN UP COSTING APPROXIMATELY 1,700,000 COINS if in slots I can barely exceed 40,000 coins in 6 slots a day. So "improve" the the castle system.

lord2403

Merchant
There is a great tale about the golden antelope. In fact, this tale is about human greed. It ends with the antelope throwed the padishah to the death with gold.
RIP Inno

And this has been since the beginning of AD and won't even be enough for a complete building. Imagine when your resources run out, the frustration you will be left with. Inno create a GB (DNSL MOMENT) that gives plenty of coins from the antiquities and gems center and in addition do the same in the castle system in the passive bonus of increased production when exchanging coins with buildings (50%) more at level 50.