• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New Idea Daily challenge final chest reward with epic kits during events

joyfulrider

Squire
Reason
It's an interesting addition to the daily challenge chest rewards at the time event progress.
Details
Add epic selection kit reward in the daily challenge "challenger chest", which will be retrieved as 100% reward with any one of the other random rewards from the chest. That 100% event epic kit reward will be available only when the event is still active.
Balance
It keeps balance.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse
Summary
Epic selection kit reward only at the time of event active period to be presented on the daily challenge final chest. Small enhancement which will be (hopefully guessing like) interesting to many of us
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Not suggested
Whenever a player completes 7 out of 7 daily challenges, they get rewards randomly from the challenger chest which are provided already. Just an addition to that, when an event is alive, include epic selection kit as mandatory event reward item which will be retrieved for sure with any one of the other random rewards from the chest.

Sl8yer

Regent
Grab a pair, mate. All you're crying is about imbalance of something that is close to non-existence.

Is your pair between your ears? All I am asking him is why there is no imbalance. He should be able to explain, don't you think?

To get the end chest, one must complete the challenges 7 days in a row. That's a week's time to get that "limited" item.

Is that hard for you? For me it is a give away.

To get the end chest, one must complete the challenges 7 days in a row. That's a week's time to get that "limited" item.

How does 3 more that you otherwise would not get not make you richer?

And, you're b****in' because YOU CAN'T DO THAT? Give me a break! Last I checked, this isn't an "exploit" simply because it's part of the game. But, thanks for the tip. I will try it once I have "time" in doing so out of my busy schedule, lol.

No. I am telling HOW EASY IT IS!

Thunderdome

Emperor
He should be able to explain, don't you think?
Yeah, he should, but I don't reckon it would take a degree in rocket science to understand what was being conveyed easily just by reading in the first place.
Is that hard for you? For me it is a give away.
Again, read my quote that you had placed. 7 days! If it's easy for you, then you must be using a hack to get them coming to you while the rest of us had to wait until the next one comes via timer. And again, I had stopped doing DQs as they aren't even worth the effort in terms of reward (was doing them for the Store Building items but can get them through the Monster's Ranch Nightmare Boxes in my city; they only had to be motivated; and only needed a few more of them so I can clean up my city of items I deemed useless and make room for future buildings). Hell, you can best rest assured with my logic, I'd probably won't get that max building (and it's probably for a useless one, anyways... inventory clutter or AD selling for the cheap "toddler" price)... so, no imbalance there, mate.
How does 3 more that you otherwise would not get not make you richer?
Maybe if you can EXPLAIN on how it does make a player richer then maybe we're on to something. Else, I don't see how pieces short of a complete building during an event would make anyone richer. They still have to take the time (and luck) in getting the kits needed for a fully maxed building.

There are some events I can do without (Candy Crush and those that give out crappy luck as a reward) whilst others I would welcome with open arms in spending my money (it's how I get castle points to go faster for me, heh heh) to make sure I get a max building from if I don't have the time. Either way, stuff will sit in my inventory until I feel it is time to be used (complete max set, that is).

Emberguard

Emperor
The only way I could see this being implemented is if you have to start from 0 at the start of the event. Otherwise everyone would leave it at 6/7 before the Event and immediately get it on day 1 of said event

That being said, would I actually want this? Not really. I already get enough Epic Selection Kits from the Event. Therefore I'd prefer the actual Daily Challenge Challenger Chest contents over that. You'd effectively be removing the normal Challenger Chest from the game given there's very little downtime inbetween Events compared to time in Events

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
everyone would leave it at 6/7 before the Event and immediately get it on day 1 of said event
So they miss few days of daily challenge quest and wait for event to get started to achieve 7/7 rite. Sounds goods to me, since they are sacrificing few quests to obtain epic kits during events. Strategically they make their own choice, nothing wrong in it.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
They created those rules themselves and had them posted on the forum. All it takes is to read them.
So you are the only one who read the rules and some of us didn't.

You mentioned imbalance and didn't give explanation till now why it is imbalance, now trying to blame others with the concept of rules.

Suggested idea is a good one, don't simply pull cards to prove it. Just go for positive or negative vote based on your thoughts process.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
So, getting 1-3 kits extra, while during most events' they're offered as daily specials, enabling to obtain easily 5-10 epic kits or even more, is making players too rich. Although it only contains outdated base buildings and upgrades. While the rival hands out new, efficient buildings. Yet that he's giving much better rewards in a much shorter period of time is no problem. If a few extra epic kits making players too rich, how much too rich makes the rival players?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Richie Rich rich

but the fact that players are not allowed to suggest idea that makes them richer
doesn't prevent InnoGames from making it anyway :rolleyes:
So, those who ain't mods and want to play like a mod, should also be extremely upset about the existence of the rival. As he's making us richer and the game easier through powerful boosts...

How is making us richer defined anyways? Gaining (additional) access to efficient buildings? Gaining more coins/supplies? Gaining more diamonds? Since you're one of the "oracle's..." well at least the only one of the 2 who act like one, who plays the game and doesn't ask AI to write dodgy responses for the lols. I would value the definition brought forth by you decently high. Although the definition brought forth by either Inno's official representatives or an official mod who's tasked to moderate as completely defining.
Most importantly: it's claimed earlier this forum is still actively moderated. Isn't it the task of mods to determine if an idea/suggestion applies to the Inno definition of making us richer? Guess if it was put forth on discord we would've had already an answer from a mod. Much like answers in other topics remain unanswered on this forum but apparently not on discord.

Sl8yer

Regent
Maybe if you can EXPLAIN on how it does make a player richer then maybe we're on to something. Else, I don't see how pieces short of a complete building during an event would make anyone richer. They still have to take the time (and luck) in getting the kits needed for a fully maxed building.

Epic kits hold more than only pieces. Time and luck have nothing to do with it and actually nether does the content. Replace the reward of the epic kit with an expansion. Would I be richer with 3 extra, or not?

Even if richer is debatable, how is this not a change to an existing reward?

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
How is making us richer defined anyways?

By the English definition of richer if you have more resources then you're richer

However, for the purpose of the rule itself, my assumption is it's just saying put some thought into what's being proposed so it's not just "give me more stuff" in a pretty bow. Anyone can say "I want more stuff. Give me more". But to put some thought into an idea that actually enriches the gameplay takes effort

Let's face it. Chances are whatever we propose will end up having rewards snuck in by the developers. So if that's going to happen anyway we don't need to make that the focus of the idea (in most cases). If you remove the rewards part of the idea does it still hold your interest?

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
By the English definition of richer if you have more resources then you're richer

However, for the purpose of the rule itself, my assumption is it's just saying put some thought into what's being proposed so it's not just "give me more stuff" in a pretty bow. Anyone can say "I want more stuff. Give me more". But to put some thought into an idea that actually enriches the gameplay takes effort

Let's face it. Chances are whatever we propose will end up having rewards snuck in by the developers. So if that's going to happen anyway we don't need to make that the focus of the idea (in most cases). If you remove the rewards part of the idea does it still hold your interest?
I agreed and the concept of the intentions appear to be clear. Something to enhance the DC gameplay temporary during events. Similarly to the rival dude. It would've been much more helpful if the DNSL list would include a better definition of things like "ideas/suggestions to make yourself richer."
Which actually is a more constructive part to focus on. Rather than trying to act like a mod. Particularly bad when just using AI to make dodgy responses (not CrashBoom).

Thunderdome

Emperor
Would I be richer with 3 extra, or not?
Don't see how getting 3 sometimes useless items would make me richer as I probably won't put them in my city. Only things I am settling for are any production based building that is 2x3 or smaller (Sunken Treasure, Sleigh Builder, Insect Hotel, etc.) that I can use in events (especially for those quests that asked for x productions in buildings of current age or 1 age lower) or Rival (when I feel like it as I am still trying to shake off the cobwebs of having to do 24 hour productions a massive amount of times in the same age and my building count is up to 22 or so... my poor finish all specials and mass self aids, heh heh). Blacksmiths were the way in the past but won't get me the latter completion.

And trying to sell them in the AD for chump change to only see them being offered (if ever) for some unrealistic price (try 100x).

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
Not relevant at all. If I give you 3 bills of $100 you are richer, even if you decide to burn them.
300 is like 3 dollars for me. It doesn't make me any richer. 300 to another bloke that never seen that amount in their life might consider themselves rich but you have to see the bigger picture where other people would not care for 300 dollars as they are way richer with higher amounts obtained.

So, in short, with this in place doesn't affect my gameplay whatsoever. To the ones that can complete a full 7 day challenge in the end to get said reward, more power to them.

CrashBoom

Legend
it would make sense to adjust other things to the current powercreep too

not only daily challenge (and I think it is great that daily rewards are event related in some events)

the dealer too:
who remembers the dealer exclusive building. who remembers the name ?
was great when released. today it is below average because it just gives FP / goods but no boosts or other additional things (fragments)

GEx
the old buildings from level 1-4 would also need a third building level
(10 goods on 4x3 or 12 FP on 5x6 is terrible today)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
GEx
the old buildings from level 1-4 would also need a third building level
(10 goods on 4x3 or 12 FP on 5x6 is terrible today)
I'm even hardly using the serpents anymore. Just the forgotten temple from GE5. GE1-4 are just inventory clutter. Mainly for the renewable 20%:fpboost: to speeding up my long term goals. Potentially saving months, if not years. The boosts are doing less for me but are a nice bonus.

DC's challenger chests are decent for starters and intermediates. For advanced players it's uninteresting except for the :castlecoin:. The core concept proposed here seems rather to revive and enhance DC. To make it more future prove. Personally I'm only actively playing DC whenever an event enhances it. Like wild life event did.
Giving DC's challenger chest something event related that is valuable but not that valuable seems the best way to go. To me it seems like this proposal is intended for that and not like an AI could mistake for enrichment.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I only use Forgotten Temple for the +50 starter boost in QI; the rest of the perks is okay as well. The buildings and rewards from all levels of GEx is outdated, even for the likes of me. Forge points is nice, but I get a little over than 1.1k a day in collecting from my city that I had to decide where I want to put them on at a moment's notice. Store building items were good but now I get them through the Monster Ranches that is in my city with plans to put in more when they come available as it will be a thing I need the most, especially when it comes to updating my city with the newer stuff and selling off the old (or maybe hold if they come with higher level kits for them). Just kind of glad in not seeing Victory Towers being given out as rewards across anything. I guess they got the message.

While the relic rewards sometimes have their use, there are a few I just wish Inno would update on... like the medal count on the gold relic; it's sad to see 2400 was given as a reward for FE where I can get hundreds of thousands in investing in GBs alone. If this was on a common relic (silver), I would not care as I will feel it's deemed appropriate, especially if more of them pop up on chance. The second tier (gold relic) rewards should be better (like the 100 FP and 200 goods for examples) since it's something that is close to rare, but still comes up. The third tier (jade relic) should be the best rewards given since it's rare to see one popped up, but when it does, I am expecting greatness out of it.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
1000050017.jpg
Pretty damn sure about if suggested antiques withe epic kit concept, it will be DNSL. But developers, did that already.

Based on this, idea suggested stands valid to me even if they revoke the antiques with new epic kit changes. I think, we better not discuss anymore about making richer, changes to existing reward, since no use of arguing about it.