• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Get Ready for Epic Adventures in Polynesia & Enhanced Cultural Settlements!

HardWire

Farmer
Those %:att_def_defender_gbg: are starting to become a little spooky. I mean we're slowly getting ever more of them. While so far it's unused. Similarly how we got quietly %:att_def_defender: on a lot of event buildings months before GE5 was revealed. Kind of making me wonder if we're gonna see an %:att_def_defender_gbg: GbG or some type of new feature in GbG using those buffs. Accidentally we're already able to collect large quantities of the buff.
I thought it was announced that GbG will be getting a 3rd map where the blue values apply. But maybe I read a rumor and was taking it for fact.

I thought it was announced that GbG will be getting a 3rd map where the blue values apply. But maybe I read a rumor and was taking it for fact.
For me, it doesn't make sense for GBG to have blue icons nor for GEX to have blue defense army icons because the modality is exactly the opposite. Attack. So perhaps there is no longer this concept of an attack and defense army, but rather Red and Blue Armies.

Arch1e

Marquis
Those %:att_def_defender_gbg: are starting to become a little spooky. I mean we're slowly getting ever more of them. While so far it's unused. Similarly how we got quietly %:att_def_defender: on a lot of event buildings months before GE5 was revealed. Kind of making me wonder if we're gonna see an %:att_def_defender_gbg: GbG or some type of new feature in GbG using those buffs. Accidentally we're already able to collect large quantities of the buff.
Nothing surprising there, they already said when they announced the changes that blue stats would come to GbG. Better come soon as it’s pretty stale even with the changes by now, same old, same old.

still got one question:

what about the timed rewards? you know, the ones you get when completing a settlement more quickly. do these get a boost too? imho they should, and a good one too, because from what i've seen, hardly anyone bothers to gather them, let alone place them in their city. making them WAY worth your while may make people put some true effort in getting them as well :)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
To simplify the effects of the changes, compiling regular %:att_def_attacker_defender: with specific buffs for GE1-5 and GbG:

GE5 :att_defender_ge: (included % :att_def_defender:)
+280%
+490%:def_defender_ge:

GE1-4 (included % :att_def_attacker:)
+263%:att_attacker_ge:(currently 30%)
+311%:def_attacker_ge: (currently 30%)

Improvements post changes (for those with all affected buildings):
+233%:att_attacker_ge:
+281%:def_attacker_ge:

GbG (included %:att_def_attacker:)
+263%:att_attacker_gbg: (30% currently)
+311%:def_attacker_gbg: (30% currently)

Improvements post changes (for those with all affected buildings):
+233%:att_attacker_gbg:
+281%:def_attacker_gbg:

Quite impressive bump up. Particularly significant for GE5. Didn’t calculate %:att_def_defender_gbg: since it’s currently unused and it’s unclear when it’ll be usable. The 100’s of %:att_def_attacker_defender_ge: probably gonna prove very useful with GE6-10 in the pipeline. Didn't calculate the military benefits for QI but I'm estimating around 60-100%:att_def_attacker_defender: which is sweet but not that much.

Traveler64

Squire
Polynesia is just the beginning. After it launches, stay on your toes for another wave of Cultural Settlement enhancements. Watch this space for more updates, and in the meantime, enjoy the Settlements with the excitement of knowing there's so much more to come.
Has anyone wondered what this might mean

Traveler64

Squire
More settlements might be planned. It's just speculation but perhaps through settlements 1-time buildings they're gonna give us QI buffs
Right, but then their wording might be different, "wave of enhancements" sounds like they might be making changes to existing settlements, like adding extra levels/ making them easier to complete or giving out additional rewards :oops:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Right, but then their wording might be different, "wave of enhancements" sounds like they might be making changes to existing settlements, like adding extra levels/ making them easier to complete or giving out additional rewards :oops:
They’re greatly improving the main rewards. Like the buildings and such

Traveler64

Squire
It's quite difficult to find that little "here" in the main announcement whenever I come here to check for the updates.
Also, it is impossible to find out all the hyperlinks within an announcement these days at a glance without reading a significant amount of it, it can easily be missed.

500 past age goods for main building, kind of terrible price but totally gets rid of any past age good gb, even the gate one....

The timed reward even more terrible, 5% attacker boost for a 2x2 and even more past age goods?? Why would I bother with that?

Last edited:
500 past age goods for main building, kind of terrible price but totally gets rid of any past age good gb, even the gate one....

The timed reward even more terrible, 5% attacker boost for a 2x2 and even more past age goods?? Why would I bother with that?
If you do expedition level 5 and you are not good at blue icons and you need to negotiate, the goods from the past age are necessary for that. in addition to also using it for missions and to negotiate on behalf of the SC.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Hello,
I woke up my city in beta mode to test Polynesia and I just noticed that the buildings in the other colonies (yggdrasil - royal baths and Mughal temple) are no longer motivated. They pass after the residences (Victorian houses).
Is this normal? since their modification? since the change in priority of aid?