• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

Fenix

Viceroy
First of all, I don't dislike everything, but... honestly... a new settlement every raid? 5d to go. If I want to continue my fights (they are more difficult), I need to rebuild my settlement again. In my opinion as a player, the settlement should last the entire season, not just the raid (it should last all 6 raids). The season is over so it's time to rebuild everything, until then the player should be able to maintain what he built.
The only thing I would like to replace between rids is one of the military buildings. (or eventually the goods buildings).

Owl II

Emperor
Mathematics Inno is completely beyond my comprehension. I am building a goat farm, which should take the residents. But for some reason it adds residents. Has anyone figured out what's going on here? Have you created a ticket? I saw the discussion, but I didn't go into details, i'm sorry. It's a pity to waste time on this nonsense

Owl II

Emperor
To say that it is depressing is to say nothing. That is, for six months (or more) people were sitting, doing something, getting paid for it. And in the end we have this. Copy/paste design superimposed on the copy-paste code. And they didn't even bother to check the values of the variables in the code! So what have these people been doing for six months?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think I finally "get" what they were trying to accomplish with quantum incursions and why in their mind they linked it to GvG's removal... I was talking over some FoE-history and how things got the way they are. Frequently the GvG-centric crowd has overlap with the nostalgia crowd that "remembers when the game was _____". And I think this is their attempt at making a nostalgic experience.

However, my one nostalgic moment was some manual ballista fights - which I used to do in iron age GvG. And while that is a happy memory, it will quickly become not a happy memory if it's something I'm doing 11 out of every 14 days - it certainly isn't the *only* thing I was doing back then.

Where I feel they've missed the mark, assuming this was the intention:

- the temporary nature of a settlement: we were still trying to build up a permanent city back then. Not starting over every 2 weeks. There is no sense of persistent progress to QI itself. It's a minigame that might add persistent progress to our main city - but it itself resets over and over and over again. Often a goal for many was to push your city to a 24-hr city that reduced the game's demand for your attention.
- the persistent demand: GvG moved slow back then. Often you'd have weeks between needing to do anything on a map. So when you did "need" to go fight some iron age, and didn't want to burn through troops because you'd rather continue making troops for more important maps, it was a change of pace to do some manual ballista fighting. Not a focus of something you have to do 11 out of every 14 days.
- the richness of the surrounding environment: we did a lot of things with our city back then. Neighborhood PvP, levelling GBs, questing, trading, advancing continent, etc. The simplicity of buildings that make coins, supplies, goods, and troops was complemented by that richness - you needed a well-functioning city to engage further in many other things. QI is not the centerpiece of anything however. It's yet another side-project itself tacked onto a game that already has many much more time-consuming side-projects than we had back in the day - many of which we may well be sick of but feel compelled to engage in if we're continuing to play the game.

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
To say that it is depressing is to say nothing. That is, for six months (or more) people were sitting, doing something, getting paid for it. And in the end we have this. Copy/paste design superimposed on the copy-paste code. And they didn't even bother to check the values of the variables in the code! So what have these people been doing for six months?
Having watched projects from the Financial QA Analyst (Testing) side I can give a plausible answer to this question. I was in all the meetings that I will describe and watched this process happen again, and again, and again, and again… The grunts doing the actual coding have zero to say about what the code does. It is simply their job to take the specifications and make them function, as best as they can.

Their direct Management is in contact with upper management who makes the actual decisions. Upper Management can make changes on the fly, and on a whim, not caring or knowing what effects that change will have ‘downwind.’ The PM (Project Manager) is kind of a moron who thinks they can manipulate time and make things happen much faster than they actually can.

So Upper management (The Big Chiefs) made the decision for this new ‘product’ in FoE. Meetings were had, lunches eaten, plans discussed… They all agreed on a certain plan of action and set it in motion. Functional Specifications were written up and approved. Financial estimates were made, based on those specs, and approved. The PM drew up a timeline for the project and it was approved. All down the line, approvals, approvals, approvals.

And everyone was happy!

Coding starts.

Upper Management, in all their wisdom, decides on a change. It goes through the change process and meeting are held, lunches eaten, discussions held and finally the functional specifications are updated. The PM manipulates dates around to ‘make things happen faster’ as the final product release date is still the same.

And everyone was happy!

Coding restarts

Upper management, in all their wisdom, decides that another change is necessary. The change process starts… The IT manager reports that it is too late in the development to make this change. There is no way they can go back and redo code to fit this in and meet the deadline the PM has set.

This, of course, is unacceptable to upper management. This latest change must be implemented and the final release date must not be changed. The developers will just have to find a way to make it work.

The IT manager goes back to the programmers and presents them with that proclamation. Having no choice in the matter, they start looking at the code…

Upper Management, in all their wisdom, decides another change is necessary. The change process starts… management informs IT that it is a minor change, they are simply going to back out the first change several paragraphs above. This, of course will put them back on the original PM timeline and the project can be completed on time! They ARE the problem solvers of Upper Management!

There is no need to rewrite the specifications, just go and use the previous version. Well… Let’s take that old version and just save it using the new version number.

The IT manager goes back to the workhorses and reports that they are going back to an earlier version of the specifications, the last change is out. The IT manager leaves to go have meetings with the PM…

The programmers gather around the coffee machine. They look at each other.

“What about this change, does it still stay?”

“I do not know, I was wondering about this other thing over here…”

“That should be fine, we can comment it out and not have to rewrite that whole section. They will put it back in with the next change in two days anyway!”

“HA HA HA” Laughter all around the coffee machine.

So the programmers go back to work, removing pieces of the previous version while trying to meet the PM’s deadline.

As you can imagine, the code is now a complete disaster. They grabbed the settlement buildings from really, really old code which had been through 10+ years of updates and changes. They injected new code along the way, to give the old buildings new parameters and added new functions to the old, old Iron Age building codes. They threw the whole thing onto a new background and met the PM’s deadline!

And everyone was happy!

Upper management, in all their wisdom, decides that another change is necessary. It is a minor change, it will take like 2 seconds… …. … … …

The IT manager presents the final product to upper management and meets the PM's deadline! Upper management smiles and tells everyone they are going to run with it.

They present the project to Beta testers. There is really no documentation because the programmers who would have written that documentation are not really sure how things are going to actually function. They understand there are likely to be many changes to what is presented, so why waste time even trying to represent the documentation. They will write it after the final version is ready for production! Maybe.

Owl II

Emperor
I got to this feature on the sixth day of its existence. But I wish I hadn't done that. Were is the emoji with the angry population? Oh. It is :unhappy:. Little bit wrong. There is not enough gradation, as in the quantum settlement. But it will do

If I understood correctly announcement and saw on the first nodes, using certain units doubles not only the progress points, but the rewards too. The same with goods and resources. Right?
So, I hit the node with ballista, where ballista are indicated as preferred units. I get X2 points progress. But the rewards are not doubled. Has anyone seen this before? I'm talking about a node with a boss on the first level

Shelby GT500

Merchant
Having watched projects from the Financial QA Analyst (Testing) side I can give a plausible answer to this question. I was in all the meetings that I will describe and watched this process happen again, and again, and again, and again… The grunts doing the actual coding have zero to say about what the code does. It is simply their job to take the specifications and make them function, as best as they can.

Their direct Management is in contact with upper management who makes the actual decisions. Upper Management can make changes on the fly, and on a whim, not caring or knowing what effects that change will have ‘downwind.’ The PM (Project Manager) is kind of a moron who thinks they can manipulate time and make things happen much faster than they actually can.

So Upper management (The Big Chiefs) made the decision for this new ‘product’ in FoE. Meetings were had, lunches eaten, plans discussed… They all agreed on a certain plan of action and set it in motion. Functional Specifications were written up and approved. Financial estimates were made, based on those specs, and approved. The PM drew up a timeline for the project and it was approved. All down the line, approvals, approvals, approvals.

And everyone was happy!

Coding starts.

Upper Management, in all their wisdom, decides on a change. It goes through the change process and meeting are held, lunches eaten, discussions held and finally the functional specifications are updated. The PM manipulates dates around to ‘make things happen faster’ as the final product release date is still the same.

And everyone was happy!

Coding restarts

Upper management, in all their wisdom, decides that another change is necessary. The change process starts… The IT manager reports that it is too late in the development to make this change. There is no way they can go back and redo code to fit this in and meet the deadline the PM has set.

This, of course, is unacceptable to upper management. This latest change must be implemented and the final release date must not be changed. The developers will just have to find a way to make it work.

The IT manager goes back to the programmers and presents them with that proclamation. Having no choice in the matter, they start looking at the code…

Upper Management, in all their wisdom, decides another change is necessary. The change process starts… management informs IT that it is a minor change, they are simply going to back out the first change several paragraphs above. This, of course will put them back on the original PM timeline and the project can be completed on time! They ARE the problem solvers of Upper Management!

There is no need to rewrite the specifications, just go and use the previous version. Well… Let’s take that old version and just save it using the new version number.

The IT manager goes back to the workhorses and reports that they are going back to an earlier version of the specifications, the last change is out. The IT manager leaves to go have meetings with the PM…

“That should be fine, we can comment it out and not have to rewrite that whole section. They will put it back in with the next change in two days anyway!”

So the programmers go back to work, removing pieces of the previous version while trying to meet the PM’s deadline.

As you can imagine, the code is now a complete disaster. They grabbed the settlement buildings from really, really old code which had been through 10+ years of updates and changes. They injected new code along the way, to give the old buildings new parameters and added new functions to the old, old Iron Age building codes. They threw the whole thing onto a new background and met the PM’s deadline!

And everyone was happy!

Upper management, in all their wisdom, decides that another change is necessary. It is a minor change, it will take like 2 seconds… …. … … …

The IT manager presents the final product to upper management and meets the PM's deadline! Upper management smiles and tells everyone they are going to run with it.

They present the project to Beta testers. There is really no documentation because the programmers who would have written that documentation are not really sure how things are going to actually function. They understand there are likely to be many changes to what is presented, so why waste time even trying to represent the documentation. They will write it after the final version is ready for production! Maybe.
So we are the idiots who put up with all this chain idiocy... we are the plankton of the seas!!!!

Owl II

Emperor
I was in all the meetings that I will describe and watched this process happen again, and again, and again, and again… The grunts doing the actual coding have zero to say about what the code does. It is simply their job to take the specifications and make them function, as best as they can.

And everyone was happy!

Coding starts.

And everyone was happy!

Coding restarts

And everyone was happy!

It usually happens that way. But here it looked different. The student was locked in a windowless room, given a bowl of soup and told to make some new feature. If he doesn't, then they won't feed him. Well.. He did. As well as he could. Poor guy. He didn't even have a chance to escape from there... Because he would run away from this shame if he could

Sorry, guys. I'm... a little upset.

Last edited:
Mathematics Inno is completely beyond my comprehension. I am building a goat farm, which should take the residents. But for some reason it adds residents. Has anyone figured out what's going on here? Have you created a ticket? I saw the discussion, but I didn't go into details, i'm sorry. It's a pity to waste time on this nonsense
They were supposed to release QI at the end of last year, but something went wrong and they fixed QI:D:eek:... Facepalm

MATR

Squire
This happiness bug is ridiculous. I'm not able to collect at proper amounts because houses I recently sold still reflect in euphoria? I have 450 citizens but my demand for happiness is 850? What kind of nonsense is this? Yes, I reloaded, deleted cookies, deleted data, reloaded again....and yes I submitted an actual bug ticket too. ;)

Screenshot shows before i built one more house for 50 more citizens. So 400 citizens and 800 demand??

View attachment 10825
Exit QI back to your main city , then restart it and see if it displays the correct population. I have updating issues as well in QI.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Does it really have to be that access to higher levels is only possible for large guilds? Due to the requirements alone, smaller guilds will fall by the wayside somewhere.
I would like to see this blockage removed
It's not blocked as far as I've seen - just a recommendation. I'm in a guild of 1 in beta, and on the 2nd difficulty (partly due to a bug that allowed me to skip most of the 1st - would've made it this far anyways by the end - but I might manage to finish the 2nd and start the 3rd)

MATR

Squire
You're right.

Day6: 0 fights, I had luck, (someone almost took the whole donation node), I donated 36x, +55 progress, 10k action points left.
187k / 187k production (10h), seems to be enough to participate daily.

You unlocked 14 areas, 3 is ok, quantum shards. Please explain how did you unlocked 11 more areas.
yes, spent quantum shards to unlock expansions.
1707307326624.png

shad2389

Viceroy
They were supposed to release QI at the end of last year, but something went wrong and they fixed QI:D:eek:... Facepalm
lol i think it went horibly wrong but they only part of it fixed and told them selves that it would pass the test and players would have no choice but accept it like it is now
Capture d’écran du 2024-02-07 08-10-30.png

Norde

Merchant
yes, spent quantum shards to unlock expansions.
:rolleyes: yes, we are talking about 5500 additional shards on top of the starting amount, that's what i want to know because
It is not high nor unbalance if the mini city is expanded
certainly nothing unbalanced or difficult for the credit card. but if this is not the case, it means you got them from rewards and you have monster luck.
maybe higher levels gives more, but 13 shards(20%) the most I've seen, -> 5500/13=423
and then I think about how all this participation came together, if you couldnt unlock the expansions at the start

Kronan

Viceroy
Does it really have to be that access to higher levels is only possible for large guilds? Due to the requirements alone, smaller guilds will fall by the wayside somewhere.
I would like to see this blockage removed
Agree and pointed that out very early in reviewing it about a week ago...

Way to GO! -> EXCLUDE vast swaths of your gaming population! Very very ELITEist!!

If I wanted to play a new game, I would venture out of FoE and find one.