• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

Stingy

Squire
It would be very nice if something got explained. What needs to be done, in which order and for which purpose
The way I started, like a lot I presume, is just meaningless. This brings on a very negative feeling towards this part of FoE. Which is going in the direction of "I won't bother at all"
Surely InnoGames has people available to write a good starting manual, explaining the different steps and options available...

Kronan

Viceroy
I'm delighted that this is a standalone feature, distinct from the players' cities. In GBG and GE, we consistently witness dominant players securing the top spots week after week. For the first time, everyone will have an equal opportunity, leveling the playing field and giving newer members a chance to claim the top positions. It is understandable that these players express dissatisfaction with the incursions being separate from their cities, as they no longer enjoy the advantage of consistently ranking first, with even newer members surpassing them in the standings. Why not let a feature exist that works like this, rather than letting the powerful dominate the rankings in every new feature and listening to the feedback they give in these forums! I am excited for the live rollout (with all the glitches being fixed, of course).

2 response vectors:

1) I have NO PROBLEM with a game that proposes a NEW, CLEAN slate - with the premise of egalitarianism. Sure - let's all start over TOGETHER (everyone is naked at birth....) in something new. Whoopie! If you're willing to do it so am I ...but

2) I DO HAVE A PROBLEM with an 11 day game venue that mandates a "build and burn, design and demolish, raise and raze, - in 11 days", cycle. Including perpetual restart.

Want more alliteration? Sure. But as to the execution of that strategy?

Count me out. Not fun. Not interesting - NOTHING personal to Inno. Pass on the opportunity as designed.

Nice try, not what I want for my time in life.

why? Here's why:
I'm not built internally for that, nor feel comfortable to play with the concept of time-compressed racing, resulting in net disposable, even with virtual items. I reject the opportunity for myself. I want to build something OF VALUE.

Just like I did in FoE - slow, build, enjoy the intellectual challenge at that level.

Simple.

Don't EVER forget that you're the customer here. Just because they build something, doesn't mean it fits what you want for your money, your time, your temperment, or your life.

Last edited:

shad2389

Viceroy
i realy don't like fact of restarting in iron age if they would have wanted to not use troops or boost from main city they could have done like in egypt setlement and invent new troops this is just not a finished product that they rushed and told them selves we'd accept like the rest of the useless crap they recently implemented eaven worst is fact it's suposed to be a gvg replacement and is realy far from eaven looking like something that could replace it in the eyes of those who played it

mcbluefire

Baronet
This happiness bug is ridiculous. I'm not able to collect at proper amounts because houses I recently sold still reflect in euphoria? I have 450 citizens but my demand for happiness is 850? What kind of nonsense is this? Yes, I reloaded, deleted cookies, deleted data, reloaded again....and yes I submitted an actual bug ticket too. ;)

Screenshot shows before i built one more house for 50 more citizens. So 400 citizens and 800 demand??

Screenshot from 2024-02-06 12-46-15.jpg

e2m2

Squire
Yes, my euphoria numbers seem off as well. I have 450 population, but demand for euphoria is 550.

Last edited:

Uvuli

Merchant
I just realised that with GBG and GvG you can interact with others and see things move; numbers go up, you see others attack. With QI.. nothing... it's just a static dead line... It would be nice if you could see others doing things and take action.

e2m2

Squire
I just realised that with GBG and GvG you can interact with others and see things move; numbers go up, you see others attack. With QI.. nothing... it's just a static dead line... It would be nice if you could see others doing things and take action.
In QI, you can see progress on each node - see numbers advance as players fight or contribute resources. You can also see how many players are on each node and how much each one has contributed toward the node's completion.

Last edited:

MATR

Squire
ever since QI started I have various game issues:
1. Game locks, can not make any moves unless I restart game, this happens after playing St. Pat's then QI then going back to main city, or can happen in reverse order QI then St. pats then city.
2. Incidences don't show-up properly, I may have 14 and only 2 or 3 show, moving around city or going to GE or GBG then back doesn't resolve the issue.
3. QI buildings don't show connected to roads after I move them even though they are connected.
4. QI Available resources are not updated after collection or after spending
5. Contributions don't show correctly on nodes, I contributed 37 goods but only 20 showed, goods were removed from my inventory.
6. Completing task line items in St. Pats, I pick the collect button, collect the reward but the button still says collect and the task doesn't update. I have to exit St. pats then go back in for the update to show.

Last edited:

MATR

Squire
Next
What about all the other questions?
Can we have a more detailed explanation of how QI work?
Search for Forge of Empires Quantum Incursions, there are a number of reference sources and recent video from mooingcat regards QI that provide excellent info and basic game play in QI

MATR

Squire
The QI Game seems really unbalanced, the costs of everything is just too high
It is not high nor unbalance if the mini city is expanded and bootstrapped from tiny to highly productive with appropriate amount of euphoria to support population, I spent 4 days upgrading and expanding city. Current 24 hour production totals: 422,500 coin, 550,000 supplies. This is after wasting the first day with no euphoria and realizing the 1.5x boost from 200% euphoria is a huge boost on a larger city. Balancing population to euphoria is crucial. Supplies are easier to get than coin. The number of houses is limited by the amount of euphoria you have. Example 2 houses with 200% euphoria is equal to 3 houses at 100% euphoria. Thus, it doesn't always make sense to build another house and crash the euphoria below 1.5x multiplier. Supply buildings have no effect on the multiplier, they just consume population.
I don't have the optimum city figured out yet but it seems for the first days, build the city and use the starting goods/troops for map encounters, then only after city can be productive start building troops and goods for map. Higher level maps are far more difficult than the beginning ones and require a city more capable than just a starter one. A city capable of producing 20 troops and 20 goods every 12 hours needs to produce 100K coin and supplies per collection.
City efficiency: higher level buildings are much more efficient in terms of city space usage. IE: For output of 100K coins per collection, can use any combination of cottages and villa:
1707250576551.png
All combinations create the same amount of population and the same 10 hour coin output but 4 villas use half the space of 8 cottages.
Start-up costs for city "seem" to be more than requirements for map participation at this point but that may change as we get to higher difficulty maps.
Other notes:
I've spent a ton of time on city construction, will be less on future cities as a proper scheme is developed.
Construction of level 3 buildings takes 10 hours then 10 hours for output, basically 1 day to get output from level 3 resource buildings.
Barracks & goods buildings don't need road connection full time. Since production takes a few minutes they can sit unconnected for the majority of the time. When needed, swap them out with other connected buildings, do the production, then swap them back to unconnected location.
It would be nice if the game provided way to select quantity of 20 goods production. The 3rd expansion is 150 goods and takes 8- 20 goods productions. It is a repetitive task that could be simplified. I assume the next expansion is 200 goods, then 250 goods so this repetitive task continues to increase.
Example of my balanced city. Swapping out a cottage for the roof tile house Decreases overall output: Coins 309375>255000 because Euphoria goes from 1.5 to 1.2

Attachments

• QI city layout balanced.jpg
    QI city layout balanced.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
This happiness bug is ridiculous. I'm not able to collect at proper amounts because houses I recently sold still reflect in euphoria? I have 450 citizens but my demand for happiness is 850? What kind of nonsense is this? Yes, I reloaded, deleted cookies, deleted data, reloaded again....and yes I submitted an actual bug ticket too. ;)

Screenshot shows before i built one more house for 50 more citizens. So 400 citizens and 800 demand??

View attachment 10825

Pretty sure QI is just happiness demand = x2

I noticed when adding and removing population it was always at a 1 : 2 ratio.

Forget what ratio Space Outposts has, but that different from the main city too. So it’s plausible QI would use a different ratio as well

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Pretty sure QI is just happiness demand = x2

I noticed when adding and removing population it was always at a 1 : 2 ratio.

Forget what ratio Space Outposts has, but that different from the main city too. So it’s plausible QI would use a different ratio as well
Demand is just population. Enthusiastic requires demand x 2 though. His demand is definitely off - he has 400 people (2x 200 from villas), it should be 400, and then enthusiastic should take 800. i.e. my city atm:

1707254905436.png
My population is 500 (3 cottages * 100 + 4 rooftiles * 50). Demand is 500. 1000 is needed for enthusiastic, so I have 200 spare.

He definitely has some sort of bug. Whether it's display or functional.

e2m2

Squire
Demand is just population.

He definitely has some sort of bug. Whether it's display or functional.
If Demand is just population, then mine is messed up as well. My Demand shows 550 while my population is 450 (4 cottages + 1 rooftile).

HA2KgJB.jpg

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Demand is just population. Enthusiastic requires demand x 2 though. His demand is definitely off - he has 400 people (2x 200 from villas), it should be 400, and then enthusiastic should take 800. i.e. my city atm:

My population is 500 (3 cottages * 100 + 4 rooftiles * 50). Demand is 500. 1000 is needed for enthusiastic, so I have 200 spare.

He definitely has some sort of bug. Whether it's display or functional.2 Arch = 1 350

2 Arch = 1 350
1 bath = 300
1 350 + 300 = 1 650
2 aqueduct = - 450
1 650 - 450 = 1 200

pop = 500
1 000 for euphoria
1 200 - 1 000 = 200 additional euphoria

This seems good

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
2 Arch = 1 350
1 bath = 300
1 350 + 300 = 1 650
2 aqueduct = - 450
1 650 - 450 = 1 200

pop = 500
1 000 for euphoria
1 200 - 1 000 = 200 additional euphoria

This seems good
Yes mine is fine. mcblue's and e2m2's seem to have the wrong math.