• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

Astrid

Baronet
I'm in the same boat. Inno's chief dev. said they didn't like generalists like us, in their announcement for their future plans. Yet they want us to be generalists to beat GE5(+) and be successful in GbG D to receive an advantageous situation in QI.
To me it rather appears odd. That they're stating first shat they don't like generalists and wanna break away from power leap. Yet simultaneously they want us to be generalists who are fanatically active in GE, GbG diamond league and QI. I'm really confused with what they want.
They are blinded by money. That's all they want.

Funny thing how in that announcement they stated that they want to reduce repetitive tasks, increase diversity, interactions between players and then they release quantum settlements :D

Just look at the state of PvP... it's a complete disgrace, being in the last era is more punishing that ever. In Player Versus Player feature you battle bots lol if you want highest score... and guess what, if you even dare to improve your city defence you get heavily penalized in PvP...

Come on Inno...

Fix what's in the game before even thinking of a new feature.

Kronan

Viceroy
Aside from the fact that I think Inno missed the mark on what people would naturally fall in love with from a new gaming adventure...

I would have lobbied hard for an introduction something like this:

The GOAL of what we can do to help is to HELP. That start with learning enough about it so we can be credible in our feedback.

1) No cost - it's here to TEST - succeed at something, fail at something, but certainly not for us to pay for
2) No cost means winning gets paper rewards - just a folder of what we "would have won".
3) It needs to have a tutorial or make our version a sandbox, so we CAN fail and learn why - with impunity from financial costs.
4) It needs resources here (this forum and/or CMs that know this product) to support us learning it and reacting to feeback.

At this point - it's easy to drop interest because it feels like you guys didn't do your homework for your audience.

US.

Pass Go

Squire
"Quantum Incursions introduces a thrilling new dimension to your gameplay." uh, sure. although I wouldn't say it's "thrilling"o_O

Shelby GT500

Merchant
IQ's first problem: The idea!
Second Problem: Implementing the idea!
Third Problem: The player is not stupid, because when he pays he does so because the game is really worth it!
Fourth problem: Whoever had the idea and managed to implement it, trying to sell players a pig in a poke!
Solution? Let Inno decide, but wisely...

Kronan

Viceroy
10 pages of feedback, all negative, and for obvious reasons. Why doesn't Inno include players in their development meetings? Better to get new features right in the first place than suffer this level of criticism, surely.

They can't (hopefully didn't...) spend the kind of time and money they did on this without customer focus groups of hopefully FoE veteran players. They probably ask players to sign NDA legal waivers to inhibit them from detailing their participation or revealing anything else about what they know.

I wasn't one of those, and those that were - can't talk about it.

But in my mind - this was a HUGE miss.... Just huge. I can't believe someone in product management thinks this is what we would fawn over.

I haven't read 1 single - I love it - comment, and to your point - it's 11 pages of harshly critical or at best - diplomatically neutral - reviews.

It's missing so much of the game I do enjoy - and while it's hard to navigate the rocks of what many would enjoy here, this doesn't seem to be it.

I don't play GvG, but it's now a fully-developed martyr. It died so we can get this?

Last edited:

Shelby GT500

Merchant
And the worst part of all this is that InnoGames has a fantastic game called Grepolis, where solidarity between members of the same "guild" was paramount and in case of suffering attacks or wanting to attack!
Does it cost that much to implement the good things Grepolis has?

forwandert

Farmer
10 pages of feedback, all negative, and for obvious reasons. Why doesn't Inno include players in their development meetings? Better to get new features right in the first place than suffer this level of criticism, surely.

They have previously on other games Inno has, trialled a player council players voted in by all the players that lasted x amount of time for a term and then a new group was voted in. Players from the various markets EN/US etc Working on various ideas, concepts and fixing broken things that could work better.

Halfway through the 2nd term is just disappeared into nothing. Player representatives couldn't get any responses and it just fizzled out.

Kronan

Viceroy
I talk with players all over and I've never heard anyone, anywhere believe that "starting a new game venue (mostly fighting focused), or joint city building venue" on a GbG season timer, with no help (essentially no help) from the MOTHER CITY you spend years building- was even on ANYONE's radar!

12 pages of NO - corroborate that.

CrashBoom

Legend
incursion = one season

the ranking reward says the rewards will be payed after an incursion ends

so the ranking reward will be paid every 2 weeks and not after the whole championship ???????

or is the text wrong and should be "after a championship ends" ????

ranking.jpg

Ashura Tsunoda

Merchant
I`m not as negative as the rest here. More neutral I guess.
I need more time to play it for a while and progress further to see how I like the balancing. At the start it is a bit frustrating that it takes 10 hours for more supplies..so no building more troops or goods for a while. Might be a bit more balanced later on.
It is too confusing for most without a proper tutorial. I think I understand most now but it is not intuitive and there are many tool tips missing.

Sheosun

Farmer
It looks for me like there was a guy or a team who pulled this project till recently. He or they did it in a quite balanced way perfectly knowing how to gain and keep the audience. Then some money-man came in and said: guys, you miss so many opportunities to gain an extra coin! And that is where the end of it usually starts.

Sheosun

Farmer
I agree to all that is already said. And one thing I really can't understand. Yes, we are Beta and here to test new features. BUT, shouldn't we expect that before giving anything online, there will have been tests inside your company? It's not a fair way letting your players pay for testing instead of paying your employees for doing this job.
Come on! "PAY MORE" button works perfectly fine! What else do you need?