• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Recent content by joperb

1. Discussion All cities look the same

I still think it's an idea. I've defined problems and proposed solutions to them (as I see them). A major part of posts that followed came down to a thought "don't touch our current metagame" and so were unnecessary (and strange considering that I've posted on a subforum intended to discuss...
  2. Feedback Soccer Cup 2020

Necroposting! (sorry) HOF-2 has a niche usage, IMO. It gives 7k crowns every two weeks in Mars Age. In gold league GBG, guild gets 200-280k crowns (and it can do so with all of its players sitting in an Iron Age, i.e. being a month after registration) and 300-500k crowns in platinum or diamond...
  3. Discussion All cities look the same

I'm not sure it could be a complete solution. It might make cities differ more among different players, but it won't prevent a spam within each city. Look at the city of local top player, Gargamer, for example. Half of his/her city is filled with row upon row of carousels, statues, wells and...
  4. Discussion All cities look the same

If I'm not mistaken, you've pretty much proposed to stop pretending that it's a city builder game. It's a MMOG, your gameplay affects other players. You're also focusing on prettyness, even though I've stated that, IMO, ugliness and building spam are a consequence of a lack of variety and...
  5. Discussion All cities look the same

I like them as well. But I would still like to have more city variety. Builds in RPGs and TBSs exist for a reason. They promote interaction between players, make them look and feel at least somewhat unique and make gameplay more complex. There're basically no builds in FoE. You can play either...
  6. Rejected Improve trading interface

Add a possibility to show only trading lots from friends (an icon on the market, like one that shows only lots from a guild). Add a possibility to filter lots by player name and/or guild name. Add a possibility to sort and/or filter lots on the market by amount of goods offered or required.
  7. Discussion All cities look the same

(I realise that my suggestions would probably get swept under the carpet because they would require significant changes to the game balance. I still want to try. Maybe it could be a food for thought for the dev team.) All cities look the same. They also differ visually from promo shots...
  8. Implemented Extend keyboard scrolling

City map can be scrolled using WASD or arrows. Other maps (expedition, continent, GvG, GBG, etc.) can't. Include scrolling everywhere.
  9. Fixed on Beta: Russian tranlation for SAAB is badly done

As I've said, I've already posted it on Russian forum. I did it 20 days ago here: https://forum.ru.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/oshibki-tekstov-i-perevoda.11/page-15#post-183859 I got no feedback except for other users suggesting me posting here. So I've expanded my notes a bit and did...
  10. Fixed on Beta: Russian tranlation for SAAB is badly done

Russian translation of names of many buildings in asteroid age is badly done. I've got an impression that it was made by an automatic dictionary or by a half-literate person. I'm going to follow with a list of "original name - current translation - proposed translation with a commentary" in case...