• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

Feanor II

Baronet
My opinion: the average player does not look for information before play. This event does not allow trial and error experiments. One mistake and you have to spend diamonds to be able to get the complete #2 set.

My suggestion: reduce the number of tasks to 20... 25 is too much.
And the tasks that get eliminated should be the "hire manager" ones

6zeva9

Baronet
Is this Event being launched at 09:30 GMT on Thursday 20th February as indicated by an on screen padlock?

No notifications, seems to coincide with last years carnival launch time and will therefore miss St Patricks Day by almost a week.

DeletedUser10051

Well, it's almost over and I bought 500 Pots of Gold TWICE, and there is still no way I am gonna get more than the big building, MAYBE the upgrade on that and one small building that I probably got for finishing quests. I made a lot of mistakes at the start, including buying the green boxes and upgrading ALL of my managers to full. As stated above, when you start off making bad choices trying to figure it out, you're sunk. There just are NOT enough Pots of Gold, or not even quests that give them. YES! I picked up all of the instances, got the 100 points several times, even 200 once or twice AND a 500 piece instance prize. I'm almost done with Town #4 and I'm hanging onto my last 600 Pots like they were real Gold in hopes of getting something out of the Green Boxes.

I have towns in two more worlds (one large, one tiny) and I have no clue how anyone is going to finish this.

Jonny1961

Farmer
I would say to inform oneself, to deal with the possibilities offered by the information, to develop one's own appropriate strategy, not to become impatient and not to lose courage. ;)

DeletedUser9666

Actually, I kind of like this event. Mostly, because the main reward (the set) is so weak. I can take it easy and play just for fun - without trying to find most efficient combination to complete the set.
Considering other aspects of the game that already take my time - GBG and GE, this type of self playing thing is a welcome change.

DeletedUser9778

I tried to be on time, I played a lot, it's almost over and maybe tomorrow I will get another kit, and one from the last mission so I will still need one to finish all lv 2 set, maybe someone who played it better will be able to complete it but not bad in the end, I was and I am interested only in 7 kits, I don't really need to upgrade the last 3 pieces, in my case will be only 1 ( I don't think I will be able to complete another 2 limbo runs or get 1200 pots of gold). I didn't use diamonds to buy PoGs.

Was hard and extenuating, I'm not ready to start it again on the live servers :D

6zeva9

Baronet
Are we loosing a day of this Event on the Live Servers?
They are quoting a 20 Day time line yet the Event here says there are 21 Daily Quests.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
.... because the main reward (the set) is so weak. I can take it easy and play just for fun
I can't say I enjoy the event; I detest it actually. But yes, it is so bad that running it in the background and not wasting much time on it will be the plan. Maybe I’ll even get a level 2 Tactician’s Tower and Sentinel Outpost out of it. Not a game changer, but nice.

IMHO, the gap in player experience between those can who spend cash (for diamonds) and those who try to P4F is growing. It’s perfectly logical/acceptable for P4F folks to have to take longer, even much longer, to progress. But it seems now that more and more elements are no longer available to F2P folks who also have normal RL commitments. FoE just is not interesting enough or fun enough to spend this much time on.

I could easily pay diamonds, but what’s the fun in that? Buying my way through eras is even more boring that watching that damn ferry go back and forth.

now, a few days before finalizing I would like to say as follows
- nice quest
- bad beta test and especially bad reaction and compensation of bug
- bad balancing between costs in gold, diamonds, and achievements possible. at least the kosten-nutzen I would have expected a better come out for a diamond. I at least will not invest a single diamond for a goldpot. Doesnt make sence in the hole set up of the kosten-nutzen

Atokirina

Squire
With 11 Celtic kits, is there anyone who can produce more than 22 Forgepoints?

I'm at 22 FP now with a ratio of 0.46/tile.

I was also wondering if someone had a nice 12 kit lay-out focused on the amount of FP and the tile ratio.
yHBT4Zr.png

coolyfooly

Squire
You can produce 24 with 13 kits 0.53 per tile. The original set is 0.47 per tile though and u only need 8 kits

Last edited:

DeletedUser9396

would have been a ton more enjoyable and rewarding if each task completion won a daily prize. would need to have daily prizes of course for that. but you would have gotten far fewer complaints, especially about the bleepin-upgrade-managers-lose-pogs tasks.

DeletedUser8743

would have been a ton more enjoyable and rewarding if each task completion won a daily prize. would need to have daily prizes of course for that. but you would have gotten far fewer complaints, especially about the bleepin-upgrade-managers-lose-pogs tasks.
That would have been ridiculous. I'd have ended up with more than 450 daily prizes.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That would have been ridiculous. I'd have ended up with more than 450 daily prizes.

That's just a percentage thing though. i.e. 5% chance to win a daily per 450 tasks = 22.5; and the non-special contents could be of appropriate value. A bit high, but not much different than Forge Bowl that we just passed.