• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

DeletedUser10346

I don't like the fact that there is progression that cannot be reached via normal play e.g.
1. Upgrading the Festival or the Shipyard to LVL350 would take about 4 days.
2. Completing the LVL100 factory task would take about 9 days.
3. Even if you decide to use diamonds to complete any of those two, it would take 30000 + diamonds to do just ONE.
4. The prizes in the chests are mostly unusable. There are some good ones like piazza selection kit, but there is now way to complete the full set, while in other events you could do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9551

We have a discussion group in our guild & the feedback of many is pretty similar to that what is discussed here.
  • very time consuming
  • no attractive or at least appropriate prizes justifying the huge efforts
  • many otherwise very dedicated players address their frustration
  • a skip tasks function is an urgendly required improvement. Today players are forced to waste their spare gold just to get access to the next tasks without any really value add. As gold is the limiting factor wasting gold is highly frustrating.
  • the need for opening 5 chests for tons of gold with prizes with no or very low attractiveness is another issue causing high frustration. It would be more honest and by this less frustrating if you only place one chest with a 1.900 pots of gold prize tag
If players should have fun with this event they must have the possibility to try out, learn and develop their strategy for success in the beginning, execute their strategy ... and finally win. That's what makes an event attractive. In the current design this is impossible. Either you are already equipped with a functioning strategy before they start (e.g. by beta players) or you will surely fail. But only following a given strategy means endless boring click-exercises. To sum up, you choice is failure or boredom.

I liked to discover the various elements (time, speed, mgrs, ...) and the interactions and also to optimize in a second and third run. I also would like to build a celtic forest - not because of the prizes (not extraordinary attractive to me) but I like the design and would love to have that green island im my town. But forcing players for up to 15 round is far to much. This means at least 10 runs of increasing boredom. I do not understand why only every third grand prize is a celtic forest kid.

So my clear recommendation is to rework metrics & prizes of the game before it's launched to all worlds. Otherwise I'm pretty sure that many recommendations will be to either just skip the event or only play it for fun but without heading for the celtic forest set.

If they don't sell a lot of diamonds, then they'll make major changes. Feedback only goes so far, but diamonds are forever.

Really? I don't have any diamond farms like many others have. I buy diamonds when I need them. And to be honest I was looking forward to carnival event because I wanted bunch of Piazza sets (got 6 of them from last year already on live server - that should tell you how much money I am willing to pay if there is something that I like). With this event I will not spent a single diamond. But perhaps others will. Who knows.

What I find stupid (and frustrating!) is that the cost for 1 level more do cost ridiculous high amount of shamrocks AND the amount my Ship transport "viually" stay at 12,1t going from lvl 347 to lvl348 paying around 25aa !!! Next upgrade do cost 26,3aa, then 28,9aa !!

Last edited:
Inno games REALLY have to change things !
For example : I will be happy if they LOWER the upgrade prices for the levels AND/OR lower the prices for the Managers and their upgrades (so less Pods of Gold to pay) OR they increase the amount of Goods the Ship AND Festival "transport" !
But in short : they've to DO something that helps us and not just changing that buttton, which imo is now even more worst because it give now the impression you can go to a Next Town, no matter if you've gathered Shamrocks left or not, till you clic on that button !! :mad:

conqueror9

Regent
nothing is changed, you still need FIREWORK and also u still need 8.4aa shamrocks to next round

the only different... Inno give u a chance (button) to look ...what will you bring over to next round after completion of current round

that button should not cover 8.44aa. Cover-up lead to mis-leading
that button pop up even u do not build firework <---- the description of daily amendment to this ..is very confuse

conqueror9

Regent
What I find stupid (and frustrating!) is that the cost for 1 level more do cost ridiculous high amount of shamrocks AND the amount my Ship transport "viually" stay at 12,1t going from lvl 347 to lvl348 paying around 25aa !!! Next upgrade do cost 26,3aa, then 28,9aa !!

u only need ship at level 300
25aa...u just use 8.4aa to go to next round (look at lower right corner, things under "next town" button)

If we assume a few things:

Festival (L300; L3 Manager)
Shipyard (L300; only L1 Manager) <--not doing the task where upgrade from L1 to L4 Manager
Fireworks (L50; L2 Manager) <-- cheaper to do Fireworks L2 Manager than Shipyard from L1 to L4

Can anyone confirm that the total time to do this will only increase from about 16 hours to 24 hours? (We would obviously level Shipyard more earlier & frequent to make sure all 3 are in tandem since it would "only be at L1 Manager").

Like several here have already done the math, but I only need this final piece of information to confirm that we can get a full Celtic set in about 15 days from start of event, which was surprising to me but I'll re-confirm this in the next run/town. I'm on my 7th one but will test this with the 8th town if 24 hours is indeed the total amount of time needed, unless someone already have tried this exact setup and timed this already?

* Achaeus 802 the DaringCa

While I wait to test/confirm the time for the specific strategy above, I thought I should at least explain my rationale below.

First, I'm going to overlay the list of tasks as that helped to grasp the big picture (with some added information on my part).

List of Tasks:

1 Hire a Manager
2 Upgrade Your Hat Factory to level 25
3 Collect 50k Shamrocks
4 Hire a Festival or Shipyard Manager
5 Build a Flowers Factory
6 Upgrade Your Festival Manager to level 3 <have to; will cost 40 & 80 PoG; 120 PoG combined>
7 Upgrade buildings 50 times
8 Collect 1m Shamrocks
9 Build a Cake Factory
10 Upgrade Your Flowers Factory to level 50
11 Hire a Manager to automate Your Cake Factory
12 Transport 250m Goods with the Ship
13 Upgrade Your Hat Factory to level 100
14 Upgrade Your Flower Factory Manager to level 2 <have to; will cost 40 PoG>
15 Upgrade buildings 50 times
16 Generate 1b goods from your Factories
17 Build a Drinks Factory
18 Upgrade Your Drinks Factory Manager to level 2 <have to; will cost 80 PoG>
19 Upgrade Your Cake Factory to level 50
20 Upgrade buildings 50 times
]21 Upgrade Your Hat Factory Manager to level 3 <have to; will cost 20 & 30 PoG; 50 PoG combined>
22 Upgrade Your Cake Factory Manager to level 3 <skip; will cost 60 & 90 PoG; 150 PoG combined>
23 Upgrade Your Flowers Factory to level 100
24 Collect 50b Shamrocks
25 Upgrade Your Shipyard Manager to level 4 <skip; will cost 40 & 80 & 150 PoG; 270 PoG combined>
26 Upgrade buildings 100 times
27 Transport 1t Goods with the Ship
28 Upgrade Your Fireworks Factory Manager to level 2 <have to; to keep 3rd task slot open; cost 100 PoG>
29 Upgrade buildings 150 times
30 Upgrade Your Cake Factory to level 100 <from 50 to 100; needing 9.9t shamrocks>
31 Generate 4t goods from your Factories
32 Generate 10b Flowers from your Flowers Factory <Collecting every 15 seconds; 33.3m each cycle totals to 75 minutes>
33 Upgrade Your Drinks Factory to level 50 <from 25 to 50; needing 10.2t shamrocks>
34 Upgrade buildings 200 times <do next task in advance; 100 left to do>
35 Upgrade Your Hat Factory to level 200 <from 100 to 200; needing 48t shamrocks)
36 Collect 50aa Shamrocks <skip; excessive time used>
37 Upgrade buildings 250 times <can't reach this task after 3 skipped tasks>
38 Upgrade Your Firework Factory to level 100 <can't reach this task after 3 skipped tasks>

Completing 33 tasks per town

Now, as already been posted, the lowest amount of Pots of Gold (PoG) for each town is 580 PoG per town:

Festival Manager 0 to 1 (20 PoG)
Shipyard Manager 0 to 1 (20 PoG)
Hat Factory Manager 0 to 1 (10 PoG)
Festival Manager 1 to 2 (40 PoG)
Festival Manager 2 to 3 (80 PoG)
Flowers Factory Manager 0 to 1 (20 PoG)
Cake Factory Manager 0 to 1 (30 PoG)
Flowers Factory Manager 1 to 2 (40 PoG)
Drinks Factory Manager 0 to 1 (40 PoG)
Drinks Factory Manager 1 to 2 (80 PoG)
Hat Factory Manager 1 to 2 (20 PoG)
Hat Factory Manager 2 to 3 (30 PoG)
Fireworks Factory Manager 0 to 1 (50 PoG)
Fireworks Factory Manager 1 to 2 (100 PoG)

Total: 580 PoG per town
NOTE: best to upgrade up to desired level as soon as possible (i.e. do Festival Manager & Hat Factory Manager to Level 3 at beginning of game)

With Celtic Forest Selection Kit coming up as Grand Prizes in sequence of 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19 (and we need 7 to complete a full L2 set).

So 19 grand prizes means you would have done 25 tasks x 19 times = 475 tasks total

Completing 33 tasks per town means that you need to do 15 towns (33 tasks x 14 completed towns = 462 tasks + 13 more tasks in 15th town).

*If* each town takes "24 full hours" (keeping in mind I haven't timed Shipyard Manager at only Level 1), that's 15 days.
From the start of live event, this is doable because we will get over 10,000 PoG in the entire event and 580 PoG x 15 towns = 8,700 PoG.

Obviously, I'm not purchasing any chests as that's more expensive "to just get the Selection Kit" after the last 5 chests has to be purchased first.

So I was focusing on how many towns we need to do and the answer seems to be 15 towns of 24 hours each.

Cheers,

Last edited:

DeletedUser8743

I had that happen too. I had left the St. Patrick's Day event up on the screen, fell asleep for a bit, then came back and upgraded some buildings. Then I stopped the event screen and so I could read mail. The server had the spinning shield when I clicked on Message Center and never came back. It appears the server reset or I somehow got disconnected but the event screen let me upgrade buildings with no error. When I restarted the browser and went back into the event the buildings were all the same as they had been before I upgraded them. Only a few minutes had passed so I didn't really loose much.
I did have the event window up on the screen when it happened both times. Unfortunately I lost 5 or 6 hours.

DeletedUser8743

If we assume a few things:

Festival (L300; L3 Manager)
Shipyard (L300; only L1 Manager) <--not doing the task where upgrade from L1 to L4 Manager
Fireworks (L50; L2 Manager) <-- cheaper to do Fireworks L2 Manager than Shipyard from L1 to L4

Can anyone confirm that the total time to do this will only increase from about 16 hours to 24 hours? (We would obviously level Shipyard more earlier & frequent to make sure all 3 are in tandem since it would "only be at L1 Manager").

Like several here have already done the math, but I only need this final piece of information to confirm that we can get a full Celtic set in about 15 days from start of event, which was surprising to me but I'll re-confirm this in the next run/town. I'm on my 7th one but will test this with the 8th town if 24 hours is indeed the total amount of time needed, unless someone already have tried this exact setup and timed this already?

I don't think 24 hours is possible with level 1 ship manager. Level 2 seems to be the sweet spot. At lvl 2 manager, the ship was barely keeping ahead so that the festival production wasn't waiting on goods at 250/250 and 300/300.

DeletedUser9749

Pros:
+Happy to see the era and location of setting.
+Happy to see the Irish get their share of the cultural representation in FoE.
+Happy to see new mechanics added to a mini-game in FoE.
+Attractive graphics and character style.

Cons:
-INNO needs to start using scientific notation for these large numbers, it's just silly looking at this point in the event.
-Any event that needs scientific notation, unless it's a "science" event (ex: astronomy), is poorly designed.
-This event has so abstracted the numbers from reality that it's worthy of mockery (ex: quadrillion).
-The explanation page, when a player clicks the "?" icon in the upper right of the window, would require 3 or more pages of diagrams and text to explain the costs and benefits of fully participating in this event.

Conclusion:
This event needs to go back to the concept stage for a re-design. Don't release to the live servers.