• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

DeletedUser10051

Thanks! That's a shame. It'd be great if once you've had a chance to play, you return to let me know what I could have said to help you understand it. I get its hard to know just yet.

No, there isn't a feature like the Reindeer Collection in this event. The Managers are all paid for with Pots of Gold, which are the event's primary currency. You earn these from quests and incidents. You can buy more for Diamonds, of course. The 6 chests you can open with Pots of Gold.

There isn't really an RNG mechanic in the event. Its more about managing the various factories in the event window to output Shamrocks. There is the usual random mechanic associated with the 6 chests (in so far that you don't know which one holds which of the 6 prizes).

You don't have to login more than once per day, unless you want to :) The idea of idle games is you basically set the productions off and they play themselves whilst you're offline, too. Being actively online will allow you to more efficiently spend your Shamrocks, though. E.g. if you're offline for several hours, your productions will continue to collect shamrocks, but only at the rate your factories are currently upgraded to. If you were online and checking in more often, you can spend your Shamrocks to increase your overall output. So actively playing does pay off, but isn't required.

Our Guild is very small, so we're trying to share what we are figuring out as we go. This IS BY FAR the most difficult game to figure out how to make it work. None of us have even managed to get TO the 6 chests yet. I haven't even managed to level the Fireworks stand to 100. Apparently, I - and my guildies - all wasted to many shamrocks leveling up buildings that did not NEED to be leveled and our Ferries and Docks are backed up with goods that aren't being "Processed" fast enough.

One player who made it to level 2 built up his Festival and Ferry to fast and now it's running almost empty and he has already completed all of the quests that award Pots of Gold. He's afraid he'll never get enough Pots to do a 3rd level.

It would HELP A LOT if there were explanation pop ups when you mouse over the numbers below the Festival, the Ferry and the Dock as well as the numbers inside the circles. We have sort-of figured out / guessed that we are letting a huge amount of "Goods" to pile up on these things because we couldn't figure out what was actually happening.

Over all, this game is quite Mesmerizing to watch the boat move and the increase the numbers. However, it's really hard to figure out how to make it work via Trial and Error. I think this could be a very popular game - IF the mechanics were better explained or if we had "Hints" / Roll over explanations of what all the numbers are counting - that STAY there instead of disappearing if you didn't understand or read it all the first time.

housemouse

Squire
Has anyone managed to get the Fireworks Factory up to level 100?
I don't think I can even make it to the end of the event.
Then I only have 3 parts of the building at level 1. Should that be so?
or should I cancel the mini-game?
Do you get to the chests even if you buy the next stage?
stpatricksday_2.png

can I at least take the overproduced shamrocks with me to the next round?

One important part I think is missing is how much the production will go up when you level a building. You just have to click the button and see. Especially that it is nowhere mentioned about the huge breakpoints in output that happen when you complete all the levels to fill the bar.

Also my impression is that I think it's a bit too complicated and takes too much time for an event.
I fully agree on this ! And also the multiplier at certain levels are to fast waved out ... and what does they exactly DO ? (the multipliers)

I'm already still busy with the 1st stage and still seeing no end to complete all 38 tasks because that last one is ridicuous, but ... if I count correct doing all 38 tasks can make a differce later on, but is it really true that at the Next Stage you get not again 38 tasks? If so, do you get more or less tasks?
Do you get back the same kind of taks or other kind ? All so much confusing things ...

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
St Pat's 40 hours.jpg

This run will take almost 48 hours from start to finish, and wasting somewhat less time than first 2 runs. But still way too much effort to bother doing on other worlds. Ship manager, Flowers mngr, and Drinks mngr at level 2. Festival and Hat mngrs lvl 3. Cake mngr lvl 1.

Boredom manager upgraded to level 12, but was committed to the Abandoned Asylum after 3 days. Ship manager went into hold for whiskey, and hasn't been seen since, though occasional bawdy ballads are heard at night. Flowers and Cake managers eloped, and are frolicking under the druid willow, much to the delight of the leprechauns (who are notoriously lecherous). Fireworks manager seen buying the book “arsonism for dummies”.

jovada

Regent
I am at stage 5 now and ready to collect the 3th celtic kit , I always ignore the 3 last missions , you must be crazy to upgrade your fireworks to level 100 by the time you achieve this i will be stage 6 or 7 hahaha.
But as i said before i will not play event on our worlds it takes to much time and i heard several people around me that they also will skip this event+

I think the guy who created those ridiculous high numbers of shamrocks must really LOVE high numbers like ùquadrillion (aa) ... soo much zero's to place behind a 1 to get 1 aa : 1 000 000 000 000 000 = 1 aa so that guy really love many zero's it seems !!
Well, I give that guy a BIG ZERO .... for this idle mini(?) game in a FoE Event ... I do not going to do the Event on life server IF Inno games do not re-ballans anything !! I"m a very patient player, but this is driving me crazy ... too stressfull ... a GAME need to be FUN, isn't it ?
I like to use my head, don't understnad me wrong, but then I rather prefer to start playing a Chess programm than doing this St Patrick's Event !!!

They better make work of a good Cultural Setttlement "Egytians" and bring that to beta server so we can test that out, & will be (hopefully) way more fun than this mini game in an Event of 21 days . ... Already 5 a 6 days passed and I' still trying IF it's mission possible OR mission IMpossible to solve all 38 Tasks on first Stage before clicing on Next Stage ! WHY o Why did they else created that 38th Task? Just to tease use with it? That I can't believe ... .

babs

Merchant
After 2 days of not logging into the game i got enough shamrocks to level my fireworks from lvl 92 to 95.
Next level only requires 65aa.....maybe i can finish the get to lvl 100 quest next week....

So much fun this :cool:
Wow...you are doing better than me. At the rate I am going, the event will be over before I get enough Shamrocks to level my fireworks from lvl 81 to 100. :)

coolyfooly

Squire
I would like to suggest giving all future set buildings that are part of a set 4 bonuses for 4buildings being connected to it, this will allow for unique setups based on what people prioritize.

Deteled other post: thought u got set every odd one out was wrong.

Last edited:

6zeva9

Baronet
I would like to suggest giving all future set buildings that are part of a set 4 bonuses for 4buildings being connected to it, this will allow for unique setups based on what people prioritize.

On another note, If you guys want full lvl 2 set, you just need to complete 33 tasks 10x this will give u 7 set pieces + the 3 free ones you get for doing all quests. This is easy as it takes little less then 2 days to do 33 tasks event being 20days or so.
Only if you open 2 full sets of boxes. 325 Tasks will only 5 selection kits, as it is the 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th, etc that offer the selection kit as the Grand Prize. Not Every Odd numbered Grand Prizes as with other Events.

I have checked the announcements and cannot see any change for Every 3rd Grand Prize to every other Grand Prize for a selection kit.

On another note, If you guys want full lvl 2 set, you just need to complete 33 tasks 10x
10*33 tasks = 330 tasks in total = FIVE celtic kits from main prices and 13 main prices in total.

so even if that was a good idea to do the limbo-game 10 times you get less prices than when you do five limbo-rounds:

10 limbo rounds + 2 chest rounds = 13 main prices and 14 chest prices = 27 prices in total
5 limbo rounds + 4 chest rounds = 7 main prices plus 28 chest prices = 35 prices in total

if you go for reduced price rounds though (shipyard manager @level one) you may be able to go for 10 limbo-rounds plus three rounds of chest = 34 prices in total.
--> that is only an advised strategy if you really LOVE the limbo-game and cannot get enough of it.

note that the math is different if for some reason you are searching for something specific in the chest rounds (say piazza sets):
then you HAVE to to as many limbo rounds as possible (like the 10 above) and hope you find e.g. 3-4 piazza sets.

test tutorial
" As you'll see, along the top of the event window, there are a list of three tasks. "
should be
" As you'll see, along the top of the event window, there is a list of three tasks. "
List is singular.