• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

DeletedUser10039

Final 3 tasks can take a bit of time to finish even if you set it up just before you go to bed. I have manged to finish 37/38 when I wake up. But the one to Level the Fireworks Factory is just insane. You need an extra day just to do that 1 task. for 1 progress on the Grand Prize bar. Even with very high buildings 300+ and level 5 managers for both Festival and Ferry, you just can't keep up with the Shamrocks produced from the Fireworks Factory at high level (even without high managers). Maybe reducing that task to 50 would make more sense.

Even at level 68 the next level takes 1.49aa shamrocks. Hate to think how many days it takes to get to level 100.

I think an idle game is a wrong eventgame in forge of empires. It need to much time.
exactly. cause in combination with an event it no longer stays an idle game (i.e. something you do when you don't have anything else to do), but you have to build your schedule around the idle game - epic fail ...

indian20

Steward
So to be honest this event is the worst, even compared to the carnival the last years. It is annoying, boring, I hate it.
1. The tasks in the main event felt like build, produce, pay - very ingeniuos
2. The idle game is pretty much a joke. From the looks of it after the first round, I´d say it takes 2 days to complete it. As you need to finish the progress bar 19 times to get the 7 pieces you need, it suggests, you have to start over again 13 times. First of all that does not fit in 20 days and I don´t want to spent that much time to rebuild it over and over and over and over and over again.

Sorry guys - this event is simply bs from my point of view and like the carnival events I will ignore it.

DeletedUser9770

Do you offer to do this month? This is one of the worst competitions that has been here in all of the years. I need compensation for the fact that it will last a month ((((

trying to optimise gold consumption in second round.

just spent three hours "idling" (do i want to set the clock for logging in MULTIPLE TIMES when a task is finished: NO, DEFINITELY NOT).

so here's my strategy:

do one run with as few gold pots as possible (25 tasks for 500 gold pots)
buy 3 rounds of chests (yes, includung the expensive ones)

have 7 set pieces.

put them into inventory (it's not as if we had blank spaces urgently waiting to be filled).
wait for next year to get the other three pieces.

or - if it's another dumb idle game next year where you can't really win last year's prices (piazza set anyone?):
wait until it shows up at antiques dealer in 2-3 years.

this is not the forge of empires i want to play:

even the heavy luck games (carnival, summer) somehow always kept a reasonable balance between time and yield.

this event does not.

aragon82

Merchant
If my calculations are good and we get a set piece for every 6 chests opened in the stage rewards, then we only need 7 runs of the idle game for a total of 8960 POG to get two full lvl 2 sets... and there are still some pots left over for mistakes or time skips

PS: not posting the exact strategy intentionally...

your numbers are not good ;)
costs for opening chests:
0+50+100+250+500+1000 = 1.900
2nd round starts with 50(havent tried the rest)

7x chest-buy-out = 1.900 * 7 = 13.300 pots of gold(more than you can get)
...and add what you need to invest in managers for every run(only lvl1 everywhere results in 190 pots of gold per run and very little completed tasks...)
forget it

its possible to do 12x idle games with at least 6x33 and 6x34 tasks = 16 grand prices = 6 selection-kits
but that will be a half-time job for the whole event...
forget it

my best advice so far:
- do 5 rounds for 1.000 pots of gold(36/37 tasks) or for 850(skip ship manager lvl4 for saving rounds) with 35 tasks
- this will give you 3 selection kits as grand-price
- buy 3 additional for 1.900 pots of gold from the chests(dont forget to save 1.900 before hitting next stage button...)
results in a event-set with 4/5 on lvl2, no need to upgrade the "Standing Stone" from my point of view

good planning ahead and a strict timeline(4 days for every stage AND to collect enough pots of gold) is needed, but doable
no diamonds to buy additional pots of gold and a moderate use of online-time

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
costs for opening chests:
0+50+100+250+500+1000 = 1.900
2nd round starts with 50(havent tried the rest)
That is a bummer...
My math was good, just my information was not:
The cost to open a box in the first 6 is 50 Pots of Gold (except for the first which is free). If you opt for a new set of 6 boxes, it increases to 100 per box, and so on. Only the first box opening is free. There aren't daily prizes, no. The kit in the box screen is for unlocking all 6 boxes.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
4. In the event main post there is info about a second boat. But there is no info on how/when to get it.

Has anyone discovered how to get a second boat? Is it related to advancing a certain number of stages, or completing a specific combination of tasks?

Vectus

Farmer
The last quests ("Upgrade Firework Facto to Lvl 100") definitely take all fun of the round.
I am producing 33.3aa Shamrocks in 8 hours and my Firework Factory is Level 87. I need 21.1 for the next Level!!! So in 8 hours, I can manage only one level... And this amount increases!!! Maybe I am finished in 3-4 days. That takes all the good dynamic and all the fun...

aragon82

Merchant
The last quests ("Upgrade Firework Facto to Lvl 100") definitely take all fun of the round.
I am producing 33.3aa Shamrocks in 8 hours and my Firework Factory is Level 87. I need 21.1 for the next Level!!! So in 8 hours, I can manage only one level... And this amount increases!!! Maybe I am finished in 3-4 days. That takes all the good dynamic and all the fun...
just skip it, investment is to high, finishing 35 to 37 tasks is more than needed(see my post #510 )

DeletedUser10346

Final 3 tasks can take a bit of time to finish even if you set it up just before you go to bed. I have manged to finish 37/38 when I wake up. But the one to Level the Fireworks Factory is just insane. You need an extra day just to do that 1 task. for 1 progress on the Grand Prize bar. Even with very high buildings 300+ and level 5 managers for both Festival and Ferry, you just can't keep up with the Shamrocks produced from the Fireworks Factory at high level (even without high managers). Maybe reducing that task to 50 would make more sense.

Even at level 68 the next level takes 1.49aa shamrocks. Hate to think how many days it takes to get to level 100.
You need 820 aa to complete factory level from 79 to 100, everyone take a minute and take that information in, It is NOT an extra day, your production being 30aa/8hours
820aa/30aa =27.33*8=218.66 hours to complete that. This is about 9 days?

DeletedUser9581

Firework, from 50 to 100 lvl reqiure 846,162aa (approximately) ~ 8-9 days

DeletedUser10346

Or you can use the skip time function(8hours) 30 times :D 1200 gold each = 36000 gold, 1750 dia/2000gold = 31500 diamonds :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9778

Firework, from 50 to 100 lvl reqiure 846,162aa (approximately) ~ 8-9 days
i'm at 81fireworks (need to increase production to get more shamrocks so ship and festival good) and asks for 9.14aa, I produce 34.5aa in 8h so it will be 2lv in 8h and then 1lv in8h and then 0lv in 8h OMG, NEXT STAGE, I can't bear this anymore.

Can we get a list of the cost of the levels till 100?