• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think that it should be fair if the ranking is changed to: Total gained victory points divided by number of members in the guild.
Guilds with more members can do more battles/negotiations and automatically end up higher in the ranking

This leads to inactive members getting kicked for harming the guild by dragging down the average. Leagues should handle having you matched with opponents you're competitive with (whether those are larger than you inactive guilds or smaller than you more active ones).

BeeVee

Squire
Leagues should handle having you matched with opponents you're competitive with...
Should is here the key word... But this is not how it happens now.
#1 guild in my competition has 44 members and 29 sectors.
My guild has 4 members and 6 sectors.

DeletedUser10047

Leagues should handle having you matched with opponents you're competitive with...
Should is here the key word... But this is not how it happens now.
#1 guild in my competition has 44 members and 29 sectors.
My guild has 4 members and 6 sectors.
Or you could just give the league system a few more battlefields to get the guilds sorted by participation levels.

(The "I want it now generation" is having a difficult time with the slow way in which guilds are getting sorted.)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Even after the sorting is mostly done there will occasionally be a mismatch as a new guild rises through the ranks or a guild with new recruits starts getting stronger. 1 week's mismatch doesn't invalidate the league system, the team that thumps you will outrank you before long and you won't have to see them again.

1BFA

Viceroy
When compared to GVG with regards to guild ranking points (not guild level), where does GBG stand?

DeletedUser10047

When compared to GVG with regards to guild ranking points (not guild level), where does GBG stand?
When I last made the calculation after the finish of the previous battlefield, the top guild in platinum gained 6131 prestige from GvG and 4986 prestige from Battlegrounds. I would expect that prestige from the top of diamond league will be very close to the prestige earned by the top GvG guild.

podkap1970

Emperor
When I last made the calculation after the finish of the previous battlefield, the top guild in platinum gained 6131 prestige from GvG and 4986 prestige from Battlegrounds. I would expect that prestige from the top of diamond league will be very close to the prestige earned by the top GvG guild.
hmm not sure if these numbers are correct? hmm

Emm55

Merchant
its a matter in which league you play, i think in platinum league you get already 150 FPs in 160 encounters (i would say even more)
Players at the upper levels maybe don't need much extra motivation. But I'm more talking about the lower levels where I play. Knowing that I'm going to win 25 fp, 2 fps at a time, is somehow not as motivating as having a lump sum 25 fp prize waiting for me after 50 encounters. Also, I would suggest that both types of fp prizes be used. After all, an additional 25 fp lump sum prize is pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but it's pretty motivating imo.

DeletedUser6873

IMO, They will not move if they made friends in their present guild. They will start ignore GBG instead. GBG is expensive (troops, goods), time consuming and now there would be also access restrictions?
Why bother playing it at all.

Your idea may appeal to those few hyper ambitious guild leaders but it also adds another reason for an average guild member to ignore GBG.

The problems you dont get is, the player in your guild which want to fight active and efficincy will have the same problem with you, because they can`t controll the flags. They will start losing interest and then will ignore GBG or switch to another guild. The best solution to make one side happy, would be to make this flag controll feature optional and the ather side wouldn`t be hurt.
It will split the community, but the GbG will split the community one way or another, because it is a competitive feature, only the best guild can win or you dont look at your placement, then you dont need the optional flag controll.
So any reason why an optional flag controll create new problems?

LastWarrior

Regent
I think that it should be fair if the ranking is changed to: Total gained victory points divided by number of members in the guild.
Guilds with more members can do more battles/negotiations and automatically end up higher in the ranking
Lol obviously a small guild answer, no chane go ghost elsewhere

DeletedUser10047

No matter what competition you take, both teams always have an equal number of players.
How fair would a soccer match be, if 6 players have to compete against 11 players ?
Guild size has nothing to do with participation. A guild with 80 members might only have 20 members who participate in Battlegrounds.

I have an idea. Why not match up guilds based on performance?

BeeVee

Squire
Guild size has nothing to do with participation. A guild with 80 members might only have 20 members who participate in Battlegrounds.

Participation is irrelevant. If a soccer player doesn't run on the pitch, his team will take appropiate measures. It's not up to FIFA to take lazy players into account.
FoE might consider to introduce a selection system.
Guild A selects 20 players out of 80. Guild B selects 20 players out of 24. Always the same number of players in competition.

DeletedUser10047

Or instead of using false comparisons with team sports like soccer, it is possible to use team sports like track and field. One team might only have 1 person running the 400 meter dash, while another team might have 3 persons running that same event. Performance is the only thing that matters in the end.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Participation is irrelevant. If a soccer player doesn't run on the pitch, his team will take appropiate measures. It's not up to FIFA to take lazy players into account.
FoE might consider to introduce a selection system.
Guild A selects 20 players out of 80. Guild B selects 20 players out of 24. Always the same number of players in competition.

You're playing an 80 player sport then. If you want to only field 4, that's up to you :) But the good news is, mostly, you'll be against teams who by past results should be a good match for you!

aragon82

Merchant
special thanks to the hidden MMR!
we managed to get overall spots: #2 / #2 / #3 while fighting the best-ranked guilds three times in a row now
...but the others did a better performance MMR-wise
I know, only 3rd this time, so staying at the same MMR is fine, isnt it?
It has been only a 5 guild-league, thats easier than fighting in 8 ;)

I REALLY hope we will NOT get promoted to platinum on thursday once again, saves troops, goods and will raise the mood of my fellow guildmates(at least I hope so)

everyone got a break from the top-performers. everyone? no, not the LK, the still get matched with the best, while sitting in Gold-League
So anyone besides the two new platinum-members(Sanctuary - we beat them, White Rabbits - we never fougth them in the highest-ranked leagues until now) have fun!
Saturn, Team Deutschland, Teutonic Knights(who ever got 3rd in highest-gold) we really hope you will take the 5th spot in platinum and not us this time....

@Devs: Dont you think this is frustrating and demotivating for us?
Spread it out more even, fill the leagues quicker!
Think once again about matching the top-performers season after season, thats becoming a chore not a reward!

Last edited:

podkap1970

Emperor
well since you jumped into Platinum league this week, instead of getting rank 4 or 5, you did reach 3rd rank

i'm pretty sure you will play with KYPIA, Sanctuary, White Rabbit and DS in the diamond league next thursday :)

if you really wanted to avoid KYPIA, or other 'good' guilds, you should have reached 4th or more like 5th rank in the last battleground, to not getting promoted to platinum league

DeletedUser10318

I finished 1st in my bronze league with 1728 victory points, and due to inactivity, no rewards were given. For my level I have done a hard job, but in the end it was an absolute waste of time and resources. Thanks Inno for encouraging beginners to play the battleground ☹