• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

DeletedUser10308

Please consider this being interworld and not only within your same world. This will get boring very fast and will be paired against the same guilds every week. If this is to be successful there needs to be constant challenge and competition. Please open this to all worlds across a server like you do with GE but including your MMR. This will fall way short if not

DeletedUser10047

Please consider this being interworld and not only within your same world. This will get boring very fast and will be paired against the same guilds every week. If this is to be successful there needs to be constant challenge and competition. Please open this to all worlds across a server like you do with GE but including your MMR. This will fall way short if not
With the exact same result, only on a larger scale. Except that your competition would be server-wide, which would further reduce the potential for your guild to climb the ladder.

The probelm is: this is the Beta server with a total of one world. The same probelm exists with GE.

LastWarrior

Regent
You cannot put guilds from higher worlds who have been around for years into the same league, only the very top guilds then would ever reach Diamond.
No keep it to one world.

derdelyi beta

Merchant
Disagree, even on GvG one player could do nothing with guild with 3-5 players on timer of course.
On Battlefield guilds should be matching like in GE - by similar sizes.

Guild size and number of active GBG players in a guild are two different matters.
Let's imagine a marginal example, you are in a Guild with 80 members but you are the only one who actually wants to play GBG. It would be quite unfair for you to be matched with a TOP Guild (as currently it is in GE) with 40+ active GBG players just based on Guild size.

DeletedUser9666

Which is why GBG will turn out to be only for top guilds - small and medium guilds are not made up of guild oriented players, but individual players that happen to be in a guild .

As a frequent guild hopper I can say from experience that being "guild-oriented" has nothing to do with guild size. It is about guild "culture".

I think it is a great idea to have GBG for top guilds - it will keep them interested in playing FOE.

And possibly discourage everyone else from continuing playing.

DeletedUser10047

What happens when a guild is disbanded? Do the provinces that it holds become un-conquered? Do any province buildings remain? Does its base province become available for conquering?

DeletedUser9523

What happens when a guild is disbanded? Do the provinces that it holds become un-conquered? Do any province buildings remain? Does its base province become available for conquering?

If a guild gets disbanded ...
- It will lose all provinces
- Its former home province becomes conquerable
- Province buildings it had previously built remain

qaccy

Emperor
I think the most interesting part of Battlegrounds for me has been seeing my guild on live servers suddenly get a collective urge to build the Virgo Project. I tried telling them it's not really going to make much of a difference since fighting becomes impossible with or without it pretty quickly and negotiation can take you much further, but oh well. Maybe I have the wrong idea here.

1BFA

Viceroy
As GBG requires both current and previous age goods, please consider giving away previous age goods as well. So far I have only won current age goods.

DeletedUser10047

I think the most interesting part of Battlegrounds for me has been seeing my guild on live servers suddenly get a collective urge to build the Virgo Project. I tried telling them it's not really going to make much of a difference since fighting becomes impossible with or without it pretty quickly and negotiation can take you much further, but oh well. Maybe I have the wrong idea here.
I might consider building a Star Gazer. Over time, I think goods for trading will become a lot more scarce. GBG really drains the goods.

sirblu

Baronet
Truthfully, I do not believe that I will be playing this on the live servers , as the unit and goods cost are so high for so little reward.
Today I lost 10 units, used about 100 goods and a few diamonds, to gain 15 fps. 10 units might be nothing to some players, but I have recently moved eras , have only just obtained a traz, and so have not built up military units. The military units and goods I produce are fine for playing Guild Expeditions, but not enough to play GB as well. I can only play for half an hour a day on GB and make very little impact on gaining a sector.
It requires the majority of guild players to play to win sectors, and this will not be the case on the live servers unless you are part of a dedicated top guild.
The reward system needs to be looked at to encourage players to start to play and become addicted. As BG stands I think that the majority of players will lose interest after the initial newness of the feature wears off, and the only players will be in the top guilds.
Having said the above, I do enjoy the actual strategy and battling, so hopefully you will improve individual rewards before this goes live.

I agree with this. Although the work around to playing over your head is to wait until midnight server time so the attrition resets and then just play until it gets too expensive.
I do believe that on the live servers, newer players will be overwhelmed almost immediately and the folks playing this will be your large guilds with endless treasuries and troops. If the whole point was to attract players who do not play GvG then this misses the mark. They might play initially because it is now on mobile but the costs far out weigh the rewards for a small to moderate guild. Guilds will need to decide to play GvG, GE or GbG but smaller Guilds will not have the resources to do all three.

DeletedUser10297

Dissent !! Why all the comments on the cost being to high? The costs are controlled by (drum roll ) The players themselves! don't attempt more than is feasible .

LastWarrior

Regent
I noticed today that the little flashes indicating the sector has been attacked are all double now, whereas before if you did a fight only one showed.
Is this intentional or a bug?

DeletedUser9761

After playing one 1 1/2 10 day round of Battlegrounds there is a lot of talk in the Guild I'm in that people are cutting down on battles and negotiations because it is getting very expensive to continue playing. Especially, the lower age players. The players seem to like the idea of the strategy but they don't like that they can only do 10 - 20 battles and maybe 4 or 5 negotiations for the day(10-20 mins) and have to wait until reset to play for another 10-20 mins.
Today I read that a few players are going to discontinue playing as they don't have enough goods or military units to make a difference in getting a sector.
From my experience there needs to be some readjustments to the attrition % to allow players to play more battles, higher personal rewards would help to be an incentive to continue to play and all the Extra Turn from the Tavern when doing Negotiations would save goods. The idea is good it just needs some readjustments for more continued playing. Thank you.

DeletedUser10150

From my experience there needs to be some readjustments to the attrition % to allow players to play more battles, higher personal rewards would help to be an incentive to continue to play and all the Extra Turn from the Tavern when doing Negotiations would save goods. The idea is good it just needs some readjustments for more continued playing. Thank you.
Agreed. I WANT to participate to help my guild, BUT I would have to choose between GE and GBG, and GBG would STILL drain me Super fast. I cannot possibly level enough gb's fast enough to try to help with that. It would take seemingly forever. During which time I would continue to be nearly useless in the GBG effort.
I also have invested much in HC & ToR for GE and love getting those surprise rewards in GE! Especially Reno-kits, which are priceless to me.... GBG renders those lovely gb's a waste of space....
(I am currently in ME. I can't advance or I will be able to do even LESS in both GE & GBG)
I don't like being a disappointment to my guild. And, until GBG, I didn't feel like I was....

DeletedUser10047

I also have invested much in HC & ToR for GE and love getting those surprise rewards in GE! Especially Reno-kits, which are priceless to me.... GBG renders those lovely gb's a waste of space....
Are you saying that Himeji Castle doesn't work with Battleground fights? That sounds like a bug.