• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Antiques Dealer

DeletedUser5097

Excuse me, but now it's time for me to laugh :D
Your welcome :)
there where quite a lot more quotes where I had an urge to answer
Same shame but decided to not bother because I got your point.;)Thnx for responding it made it slightly
more clear to me
Yeah, why give away an advantage for equal chances?
Well I'm getting slightly into the understanding where the problems of this ''blind'' bidding suggestion
is comming from and the hate and paranoid nature towards folks how have diffrent work hours than
most people have. Next to the frustration of not beeing able outbid some folks.
Well just saiding equel chances. All players have the potention to get their hands on as many coins
as anyone else. So that is an equel chance. Next and I think this is what you tried to said is that
players don't have equel chances in terms of time avalaible for the game for whatever reasson
from RL...
If you have to work during an huge sale in your favorite shop, do you really think the shop owner
should wait the sale untill everyone is free from work and school for beeing able to get the best deals
out of the sales? Meh that would be insane so why should an game auction work diffrent?;) That would
mean true equel chances.

With an ''blind'' auction I'm only seeing higher and more grazy bids. Since if some1 really wants
an item he/she would bid like grazy. Not really an equel chance towards ''young''/starting players,
especialy counting on players how don't play Beta, don't check spoilers and don't have any way
to get the information how all of this works.
While sure Inno may has good security in order to protect information sent to them and for that
making it near impossible if not highly unlikely for hackers to strike. I can see the reassons why
an frustrated hacker could work on some way to find out whatever is the highest bid in real
time. This would be in that overly ''equel'' chances mania be an better option:

1 dailly auction of 13h. Starting from 06:00h and lasting untill 19:00. It will be expanded with the
last 30 sec. reset rule. Equel chances to everyone, because now everyone has at least one time
to bid. Bots are pretty much useless as everyone has an equel chance.
There should not be an night auction in local time, because that is not part of the ''equel'' chances.
Since sane people require sleep. Since they sleep it is unfair and not equel for them that there are
any auction during this time period and there should be no auction during this time at all.

As beeing on track for the ''equel'' chances mania. The set time limmit of 1 auction running for at
least 13h from 06:00 untill 19:00 should also be applied to the ''blind'' auction. If not better an dailly
24h ''blind'' bidding process. In wich all players has an dailly ''equel'' chance to bid. Even while we
all know well this is not really equell since some wealthy players have a lot of stuff in stock ready
to be converted into coins and ready to be relleased on much desired items. Long live this equelity
dream.:D :D

hddk

Steward
Some prices changed in AD shop. A few days ago Self-Aid Kit cost was 540 Trade Coins, today's price is 810. Seems they're balancing and still working on items and prices. I don't want to believe the price increases with the number of appearances on the market.

I have higher prices for all 6 items today :(

DeletedUser10144

InnoGames explained that they put the feature in EMA because they don't want new players to unlock new mechanics to quickly. That's the explanation so far, and that's why I asked @Sovereign if they've set this decision in stone yet or if they're considering to move it down to IA.

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2019-07-19 - removed references to deleted post(s)

Last edited by a moderator:

Artubar

Baronet
...If you have to work during an huge sale in your favorite shop, do you really think the shop owner should wait the sale untill everyone is free from work and school for beeing able to get the best deals out of the sales? Meh that would be insane so why should an game auction work diffrent?;) That would mean true equel chances.
That's quite a lame comparison, because
  • In this shop, I can buy my item at a fixed price in the morning, before going to work. I don't have to deposit my money and must hope, living with the chance that the shopkeeper has sold my item to another guy because he gave 5 bucks for tip.
  • In the shops I am buying they tend to have sales of a few days up to weeks, not only 4 hours, so my chance get my hands on an item is quite realistic.
  • "so why should an game auction work diffrent?" - because it's a game auction, and not a RL shop sale. And we're here on Beta to help shaping this game, so everyone is free to make his point and suggestions. Aren't we?

...an better option:

1 dailly auction of 13h. Starting from 06:00h and lasting untill 19:00. It will be expanded with the
last 30 sec. reset rule. Equel chances to everyone, because now everyone has at least one time
to bid. Bots are pretty much useless as everyone has an equel chance.
No, and no again. I've already explained it in this thread, but I'll recap:
Only the ones who can be online at the end of the auction (and with enough time, now with the prolongation mechanism) have a chance to win an auction. No matter if it's running for 1 hour, four hours, or as you've proposed 13 hours. Only at the end of the auction you can (re)act and place a higher bid.
Can you see now why no bidding mechanism with visible offers from other players can grant equal chances?

DeletedUser10186

I have higher prices for all 6 items today :(

Yep, as I compared to last week prices, today's prices are almost twice higher. A bit confused, as seems our selling prices remain the same.

But items refreshing price changed from 100 to 50 Diamonds, thanks. Now please, make refreshing time 12 hours ;)

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Yep, as I compared to last week prices, today's prices are almost twice higher. A bit confused, as seems our selling prices remain the same.
They sure look very expensive now but people may have more value items to sell on live so maybe it's fair enough. The items cost a lot more gems now it seem :-(
Hopeful it can make more do GE to get more items to sell. Also I may an extra time at daily to see if it is worth my time.

DeletedUser

If you actually go back and read, InnoGames explained that they put the feature in EMA because they don't want new players to unlock new mechanics to quickly. That's the explanation so far, and that's why I asked @Sovereign if they've set this decision in stone yet or if they're considering to move it down to IA. You are not only answering a question that was not even targeted for you, you're also presenting false assumptions to why InnoGames made this decision. So who's actually annoying here? You. I'm not dictating what questions that you're allowed to ask so please stop doing that to me. Can we stop having a personal argument now?

Men, you are so tiresome. I never answered any question of yours, how hard is it to get? I just asked you to stop asking - and like a child, you think if you will constantly bring the matter up, some adult will finally agree with you. How hard is it to understand that answer to your question is in your first sentence? But nooo, let's keep on asking and asking and asking... I'm out of this mess, you're not my kid to deal with.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
This is mostly speculation, but Inno knows that Iron is a popular camping age. I think they intentionally put the Dealer in EMA so as not to give Iron campers access to it. Under this assumption, it seems very unlikely to me that they would change the unlock requirement for it.
I'd agree. If the Dealer is seen as being more useful than painful, (and the jury is still out) it should help motivate players to move up.

DeletedUser10144

I never answered any question of yours

Should we go back and see who started this argument between us? It was you who quoted me.

I just asked you to stop asking

Then stop doing that yourself. If I have a question, I don't see a reason why I should not be allowed to ask the developers. If they want to answer or not is up to the developers, not you. If I'm asking too many times or spamming is up to the moderators, not you. Mind your own posts.

How hard is it to understand that answer to your question is in your first sentence?

I never asked why they made the decision, I asked if they're fully determined to do it this way or if they're considering to change it.

I'm out of this mess

Yes, and let's not derail this topic further.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Thank you for your opinions :) But I'm still waiting for a reply from InnoGames ;)
Inno did reply to this fairly early on, saying that people choosing to stay in Iron Age are not the majority of players. That comment indicates that Inno did not consider it necessary to accommodate the Iron Age fans.

I still hope they will change their minds, as I enjoy playing in multiple Ages and Iron Age is one of my favorites. But it is unlikely.

DeletedUser8024

After I opened up a second slot to sell, I was surprised to find that I couldn't use it. I set an item for sale, and then I couldn't figure out how to sell the next item. Perhaps you have to select both items at once and sell them in the same timeframe? At any rate, as far as I can tell, it isn't functioning like I expected.

Artubar

Baronet
Right @jwhester - you can't use the slots individually, you have to sell all items at the same time and duration.

I just noticed (again) that the army units in the shop are animated, although I've turned off animations. No big deal, since I don't have to keep the shop open all day long, but still - is this by design, or did you just forget to check / obey to the animation settings?

DeletedUser5097

No, and no again. I've already explained it in this thread, but I'll recap:
Only the ones who can be online at the end of the auction (and with enough time, now with the prolongation mechanism) have a chance to win an auction. No matter if it's running for 1 hour, four hours, or as you've proposed 13 hours. Only at the end of the auction you can (re)act and place a higher bid.
Can you see now why no bidding mechanism with visible offers from other players can grant equal chances?
I can see how some players simple reffuse to see the point of others.:rolleyes: So let
think about your mindset of ''equel'' chances:

Cancle antique dealers auction
Not every player got the same ammount of event buildings and the exact same event buildings
in stock. So not every player was able to get an equel ammount of TC. So chances are not equel
and for that the entire auction system should be cancled.
Also blinded auctions would not solve this problem. Regardless of what time you give on the blinded
auction. Since it's not granted every player could place an bid at the time the auction was running.
Even if you give it 24h cycles. Also for the reasson above, no1 has an equel ammount of TC he/she
has in stock and can use for bidding.
Realistic speaking there is no way equel chance can be granted for everyone to win, due to pure
ressources and time for the game now, the past and the future. Invested time (event stuff for TC,
TC stock 2day, TC stock in the future). So I will repeat myself once again: equality is an nice
knock-out argument but just an dream. Dream on my friend :)

> Remove Plunder
Not equel; not every1 has the time for this. That is NOT EQUEL!!!!!
Because not every1 has the time for it for beeing just on time online
for 1 attacking, 2 plundering when the stuff is ready. So not equel and
must be removed. Setting plunder options to fixed time is also not
equel; regardless of time there are folks how can not be online at that
time and so it's not equel!

> Remove or adjust GvG
Not equel; not every guild has some1 online for acting whenever they
get attacked or if protection is running out. Protection times should be
''blinded'' and all guilds should be required to have 1 person active
online in GvG and able to act. Otherwise must be removed.

> Remove or adjust GE
Not equel; not every1 has eqeul chances because of time for the game,
resources and army strenght. Should be removed or every1 must be
granted fixed ressources and army strenght
> Remove cmap
Not equel; not every1 has invested in GB's, militairy and goodies and
so it can not be equel. Also not every1 has time for it.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I really don't like the cost of gems, when buying something, it's to expensive now. Sure we got a lot gems from cleaning up the store but now we won't gain as many as we have to wait to we get something to sell.
44 gems for a WW shrink kit to expensive

Artubar

Baronet
...a single unattached unit is 540 TC, 25 goods are 2,030(!) TC, while an item of the Indian Fountain set next to it is 3,780 TC & 4 gems...
I'll never ever buy those every day items for those prices, 50 for an unit and 250 for those 25 goods would be a fair deal in relation to rare item's prices (both buy & sell).
... now I have 10 goods for 1,220 and 2 gems - a I the only one who has a bad, a really really bad feeling about this rebalancing...?
(edit: ok, I'm not alone, I was missing a page while reading up ^^)

DeletedUser8024

I can see how some players simple reffuse to see the point of others.:rolleyes: So let
think about your mindset of ''equel'' chances:

This is a feedback forum. It is natural for people to disagree. It doesn't make our point of view more convincing when we insult others.

Having said that, I would like to weigh in on the bidding process. It is certainly true that players who have the flexibility to return to the game when an auction is about to be over are really the only players who will ever win an auction. If that is by design, then that's fine. Exegghead's idea of a secret auction does mitigate that issue because no one will ever know exactly how much would be required to have the highest bid.

DeletedUser9356

After I opened up a second slot to sell, I was surprised to find that I couldn't use it. I set an item for sale, and then I couldn't figure out how to sell the next item. Perhaps you have to select both items at once and sell them in the same timeframe? At any rate, as far as I can tell, it isn't functioning like I expected.

Yes, all slots must be used simultaneously, and in the same timeframe. If you don't use all your slots, the unused one(s) is/are still blocked until the one(s) you did utilize have run their duration.

sirblu

Baronet

But items refreshing price changed from 100 to 50 Diamonds, thanks. Now please, make refreshing time 12 hours ;)
Yep - the refresh button went from 100 to 50 diamonds - which is STILL TOO HIGH! There was a suggestion early on from someone to make the refresh 20 diamonds. I know I would use it if it was 20 but anything higher than that is just ridiculous!

DeletedUser10186

Yep - the refresh button went from 100 to 50 diamonds - which is STILL TOO HIGH! There was a suggestion early on from someone to make the refresh 20 diamonds. I know I would use it if it was 20 but anything higher than that is just ridiculous!

Agree - thanks for dropping to 50 but it's still too much. BTW, I myself suggested 20 diamonds.