• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Antiques Dealer

1BFA

Viceroy
Why same items (I guess two items are listed due to an earlier bug) have two exchange values?

Annotation 2019-06-27 145202.jpg Annotation 2019-06-27 145607.jpg

PLEASE extend the search as you type feature EVERYWHERE IN FOE.

sirblu

Baronet
It's a good thought, and I'd prefer it (sort of an ebay style environment). I'm open to anything that expands the economic aspects of the game. I just don't think they'd do it since it could potentially take away revenue from event spending.

My general take on criticism of this Antiques Dealer is the old saying "don't look a gift horse in the mouth". IMO this new feature is a boon to all of us, and I don't want to say anything that could make it go away :)
Agreed - it's been a very long time coming after much pleading and begging for a way to get rid of our Junk.

sirblu

Baronet
The Antiques dealer is good. I have no problem with the timeframes for auction, breakdown or sales. If there were no time constraints then it would possibly work against the goal as a long time game. If the inventory was filled over years, it shouldn't be a problem to empty it over years.
If you can empty the inventory to fast, there would be complaints by players, that they do not get enough useless stuff to sell for the dealer. :rolleyes:

What should be considered is that the same item from different eras should give different amount of Trade Coins.
For example Future Era SoK should give slightly more than High Middle Age SoK.
Same with Terrace Farms, but there I am unsure if it should be in reverse, because
1. the population requierement is lower in lower ages
2. High age players can get new high age Terrace Farms, but not lower age ones, which makes them more valuable.
I think the reason they are the same amount when sold by the players to the dealer is that when players purchase them in the shop they get the item in their current age or era. So, there really is no need to have different prices for the same item for different ages. That would only be applicable if players were selling directly to other players which they are not

DeletedUser8168

my major complaint is the timing 1 hour is more than enough time to barter and wait for something to take a trade
2nd ) waiting 24 hours to see change in the shop is ridiculous every 6 hours like in a lot of the past event is more than enough time
to buy something or the shop changes ......now also INNO get your head out and make the change painless and set the diamonds cost at 20 and watch your turnover better it would be closer to 100 times (2000 as compared with 100 any idiot can see which one would be a better return after all your not selling ferrari or lotus )

DeletedUser4381

Great feature, long overdue. Finally some use for the cruft we sometimes get as rewards.

A minor concern is not being able to barter each unlocked slot individually. Rather than locking every slot to the same timescale (and reward level) it would be better to allow each upgrade to have its own timer.

My main concern is the gem cost for some purchases. For example, currently there is a Carousel for sale for however many coins plus 44 gems. At the absolute most it should be half that. Coins aren't an issue, but Gems cannot be bought directly and can only be acquired through breaking down the more special inventory items, and to get the 44 gems to buy a single Carousel takes anywhere from 9-22 Shrines of Knowledge (the best non-set building in the game, for most players) in standard bartering, depending on how unlucky you are and how long you want to spend on it. (Average it to 15.)

15 Shrines of Knowledge for a Carousel, or another special (non-set) building? Surely you jest...

Natalia1

Squire
Overall, like the feature. Do not like how the prices jumped on second day after release. I agree with the above post that the the prices for items sold are a bit steep in terms of gems. I get more gems for GE items, but generally I get one or two good GE items a week. So I have to spend two months doing level 4 GE to get one usable item from the shop. Unless I level the ToR quite high and get more Jade relics.

But then the idea is to get rid of useless inventory, not to level up your ToR so that you can accumulate more useless inventory ;);)

Also agree that it would be nice if separate breakdown slots had separate timers, and that there needs to be a confirmation button for buying an item from the shop :cool:

DeletedUser10014

The price does not interest you. You are ridding the inventory of things you did not get anything. Bonus in the game.

Natalia1

Squire
Yes and no. If I can not get anything useful, or if it takes too long to get anything valuable, then I will not be using the feature and just let the items sit. One needs some incentive to use any feature

DeletedUser9851

Overall, like the feature. Do not like how the prices jumped on second day after release. I agree with the above post that the the prices for items sold are a bit steep in terms of gems. I get more gems for GE items, but generally I get one or two good GE items a week. So I have to spend two months doing level 4 GE to get one usable item from the shop. Unless I level the ToR quite high and get more Jade relics.

But then the idea is to get rid of useless inventory, not to level up your ToR so that you can accumulate more useless inventory ;);)

Also agree that it would be nice if separate breakdown slots had separate timers, and that there needs to be a confirmation button for buying an item from the shop :cool:
...and this is why I raised my Temple of Relics GB on my Live Server account from Lvl 10 to Level 60, so that I have more chances of getting great items from Relics, which I can then sell to the Dealer for some Trade Coins :)

zlobnyj bot

Squire
Analyzed the prices for antiquary. In order to buy something worthwhile for the development of bringing forge points, it is necessary to surrender an approximate 10 buildings that bring forge points. Does not make sense in small eras. An auction with starting non-existent prices also does not make sense, because beginners do not have a ton of trash to participate in the auction.
will explain. for example, I want to change the arena on SoK. Arena gives 2 SoK but takes up more space. it costs 16,200 coins and 44 gems at antiquary prices, if purchased, but I can sell it for the price of 6,000 coins and 5-9 gems without diamonds. To buy SoK need 2000 coins and 24 gem. at purchase prices 2 SoK an approximate arena, however, at sale prices for the purchase of one SoK, I need to sell 3 arenas for 1 SoK. It seems to me that the price is somewhat incorrect:confused:

Last edited:

DeletedUser8449

Does anyone get tholos upgrade kit as a price at the dealer?
Because today tholos kit is on live servers and i need 2 more kits, and don't know if i should spend dias to buy it, or wait for the dealer

zlobnyj bot

Squire
Does anyone get tholos upgrade kit as a price at the dealer?
Because today tholos kit is on live servers and i need 2 more kits, and don't know if i should spend dias to buy it, or wait for the dealer
while none of the friends have not seen improvements tholos antiquarian. and on live servers, the odds are not very good; 1,500 bottles are spent today for 0 upgrades

DeletedUser10151

And what if you add to the functionality of the dealer for example gluing 2 identical event buildings of the same epoch into a building of level 1 ... 2 ...... 10 and so on with an increase in bonuses

brilliant feature, doesn't need altering.
People are asking for faster sales times, not needed. I've spent 7 years accumulating junk in my inventory, if it takes 2 years to sell it all for stuff I actually want I don't have a problem with that. This game has always been about the long term.
I've seen some comments that we get far less for selling an item than spend to buy it. First off, so what? I'm selling things I don't want for things I do. Anything I get for my unwanted junk is a bonus. Secondly, if we got same value selling as buying then who's going to spend diamonds on events? We could just get them cheap from the antiques and inno's diamond sales plummet, so changing for a more favorable exchange rate is highly unlikely to happen.
Some comments about being outbid at last second. I don't see a problem here. If I want an item from auction I'll bid what I think it's worth. If somebody waits till the last second to outbid then it means they've paid more for it than I was willing to so I was never going to get that item anyway. If I place a lower bid than I think it's worth and somebody then gets it for slightly more than I bid but less than I was willing to spend then it would be my own fault that I'd missed the item.
Individual timers on sales slots. Why? If I'm going to be on line after two hours I'll fill all the slots with cheap stuff to sell. If it's overnight or longer then fill all slots with good stuff.

DeletedUser9541

Great Addition thanks FoE Team awesome work, my only criticism is the Buy/Sell Ratios (Gems) it is seriously out of whack classic example Rouge Hideout if i sell one i get coins plus 8 Gems if i want to Buy one its 44 Gems and coins holy cow batman that is a 138% increase David Dickinson would be so Proud !!!

I totally get and understand there has to be profit per-say and an increased cost but that is way way off the mark!!
I read through the forum in search of a similar thought and found it here.
Rogue Hideout cost to buy is 4 times the sell amount, but 12-24 gems received upon sale requires 44 to buy. What is the real purpose of using the "gemstone" as currency in addition to coins?

DeletedUser9541

Problem of not knowing age of item: I had this same problem as sirblu and others until I discovered listing the item from my "inventory list" onto the auction, using the button that replaced the "delete" button in the inventory list.

DeletedUser10002

I bought a Pavilion in the antiques deal but I cannot sell it as the Antique Dealer inventory does not show it.
I even try to build it and store back in my inventory but still the Antique Dealer inventory does not show it.
I can see it in the normal inventory

Now that have unlocked the second slot I still can not see the pavilion on the inventory. Then I had the idea to search it in the second slot and it apears. If I search for it on the first slot it does not appear. In a normal listing in the antiques dealer inventory it does not appear in either slots

DeletedUser7959

I don't know if someone proposed it already but an additional confirmation window before taking offers would be very useful. I accidentally clicked on an item and bought it, luckily it was cheap.

sirblu

Baronet
Problem of not knowing age of item: I had this same problem as sirblu and others until I discovered listing the item from my "inventory list" onto the auction, using the button that replaced the "delete" button in the inventory list.
Yes, this works well - I originally did not have the exchange button but it appeared once I cleared my cache