• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Antiques Dealer

Amdira

Baronet
It hasn't in the whole time I've been playing. If it required players to camp in IA, there would be a point restriction--as in you can not progress out of Iron Age until your global ranking exceeds a certain score, or something of that sort.

It's one thing to stay in IA long enough to build up a stockpile of goods, coins and supplies before moving on. You know you're eventually going to progress into EMA, and you'll have access to the Antiques Dealer then. Consider it a reward for "braving it". It's another thing entirely to dig in and proclaim that you intend to remain in Iron Age forever. That's where the line needs to be drawn. If they're going to remain under protection from pillaging, access to the Antiques Dealer is the sacrifice they have to make. There has to be a trade-off.
I totally agree. Maybe my English knowledge isn't just good enough to point out my thoughts on this issue. I'm "camping" here on beta in IA for reasons I explained before, but I left IA on all of my live servers (too) early. Putting the dealer to FMA won't make a big change except FMA just will become the new camping area, what would be a real release for peaceful IA campers :) From this perspective I appreciate it :D

PromethiusTM

Merchant
Great Addition thanks FoE Team awesome work, my only criticism is the Buy/Sell Ratios (Gems) it is seriously out of whack classic example Rouge Hideout if i sell one i get coins plus 8 Gems if i want to Buy one its 44 Gems and coins holy cow batman that is a 138% increase David Dickinson would be so Proud !!!

I totally get and understand there has to be profit per-say and an increased cost but that is way way off the mark!!

DeletedUser9536

Well I love the idea but I dont see in rewards any upgrades to event buildings(that have many levels and on level 1 are useless). Why you give as reward for instance pilar of heroes level 1 when there is no upgrade? Nobody want pilar on level 1. Eighter add upgrades/sets(level 1 or upgrade) or remove these rewards.

Well I love the idea but I dont see in rewards any upgrades to event buildings(that have many levels and on level 1 are useless). Why you give as reward for instance pilar of heroes level 1 when there is no upgrade? Nobody want pilar on level 1. Eighter add upgrades/sets(level 1 or upgrade) or remove these rewards.
There was an upgrade reward for pilar of heroes as an auction yesterday.

HannahMecoe

Merchant
With yet another currency introduced into the Innoverse, it'd be nice to have a Bureau de Change to convert between them. I tend to have too much Tavern silver building up, and often have a lot of coppers left over from Viking Settlements. Looks like I'll have excess koban too (let us not quibble too much about a rural settlement in Feudal Japan having so many koban floating around, instead of maybe zeni (copper coins)...)

So I'd really appreciate some way of converting those excess coinages into something else....

LordVaderIII

Marquis
A couple of things:

#1 - When a set item appears for sale (ie: Western Tower) it would be nice if we could click on it to bring up the set information. I needed to close the Dealer window, go into my inventory, see if I needed that piece, and then go back to the store.

#2 - Could the Dealer automatically refresh every 12 hours instead of every 24 hours? I know Inno wants us to use diamonds to refresh the dealer but 24 hours seems very long.

LordVaderIII

Marquis
I saw a Sakura Rock upgrade in the store yesterday so the upgrades seem to be there.
upgrade.JPG

Feanor II

Baronet
Love this new feature. One thing that might be nice is when you buy something in the shop, have a new item pop into its place rather than a sold out sign.

That and eliminate the "cool-down" period after an auction ends. What's the point of it? The auction's over, congrats to the winner, here's the next one. When we spin the wheel in the summer event and someone gets the "gold" prize, we don't have to wait for hours for the wheel to refresh.

sirblu

Baronet
ok just
Sry, but this answer is still not logical. With implementing reconstruction to IA you seemed to assume IA players to have so many buildings that this feature is already necessary, but on the other hand you assume them to have not enough stuff in inventory they wanna get rid of? On one hand this game is meant to be a longtime game, which would require ppl staying a bit longer in IA until they have enough resources and understanding - on the other hand you now force them to rush through just to get the dealer (what most will do now). That makes no sense. What really angers me is the feeling you just don't tell us the truth. If you don't want players stay in IA, why not just tell us? There will be many players who agree, including myself - be sure I don't like the looters and spearwarriors either :)
ok, just a thought about the auction. Instead of the current format of an auction and timer that everyone is complaining about, what about structuring it exactly like our goods market where players can offer their inventory items for other players and set their own bid. Either use the coins you have here or in exchange for other items just like we can exchange one good for a different good in the market. Exchange one item for another in the inventory market. This would also work great for exchanging troops as well as BP's.

Feanor II

Baronet
ok just

ok, just a thought about the auction. Instead of the current format of an auction and timer that everyone is complaining about, what about structuring it exactly like our goods market where players can offer their inventory items for other players and set their own bid. Either use the coins you have here or in exchange for other items just like we can exchange one good for a different good in the market. Exchange one item for another in the inventory market. This would also work great for exchanging troops as well as BP's.

I think the counter to this would probably be that it's open for abuse potential. It would inevitably result in players (especially within guilds) using the system to pass along their inventory to other players. That's the whole reason the "gift" idea was scrapped. Inno isn't going to want more advanced players to give excess SoKs, Terrace Farms, etc. to their guildmates and friends because then those guildmates and friends will have no incentive to spend diamonds/money on them during events.

I have no problem with the auction format, I just wish the timers were shorter and that they would eliminate the "dead time" period between an auction ending and the next one beginning.

sirblu

Baronet
I think the counter to this would probably be that it's open for abuse potential. It would inevitably result in players (especially within guilds) using the system to pass along their inventory to other players. That's the whole reason the "gift" idea was scrapped. Inno isn't going to want more advanced players to give excess SoKs, Terrace Farms, etc. to their guildmates and friends because then those guildmates and friends will have no incentive to spend diamonds/money on them during events.

I have no problem with the auction format, I just wish the timers were shorter and that they would eliminate the "dead time" period between an auction ending and the next one beginning.
Yeah, you're probably right - It was just a thought

DeletedUser9937

Great feature, how long will it last for? Will it be rolled out to the general game?

DeletedUser9025

Suggestion - within exchange, where you select the item from your inventory list, have the description of the item pop-up on mouse-over. I have a few items with the same name, belonging to different ages (e.g. Face of the Ancient)

Feanor II

Baronet
Yeah, you're probably right - It was just a thought

It's a good thought, and I'd prefer it (sort of an ebay style environment). I'm open to anything that expands the economic aspects of the game. I just don't think they'd do it since it could potentially take away revenue from event spending.

My general take on criticism of this Antiques Dealer is the old saying "don't look a gift horse in the mouth". IMO this new feature is a boon to all of us, and I don't want to say anything that could make it go away :)

DeletedUser9522

The Antiques dealer is good. I have no problem with the timeframes for auction, breakdown or sales. If there were no time constraints then it would possibly work against the goal as a long time game. If the inventory was filled over years, it shouldn't be a problem to empty it over years.
If you can empty the inventory to fast, there would be complaints by players, that they do not get enough useless stuff to sell for the dealer. :rolleyes:

What should be considered is that the same item from different eras should give different amount of Trade Coins.
For example Future Era SoK should give slightly more than High Middle Age SoK.
Same with Terrace Farms, but there I am unsure if it should be in reverse, because
1. the population requierement is lower in lower ages
2. High age players can get new high age Terrace Farms, but not lower age ones, which makes them more valuable.

DeletedUser9123

I like it, however a lot of this depends on having a store building in order to pull the obsolete building in storage. I would suggest in the building menu, instead of selling an obsolete item, it goes to the break down room to be bartered

DeletedUser10002

I bought a Pavilion in the antiques deal but I cannot sell it as the Antique Dealer inventory does not show it.
I even try to build it and store back in my inventory but still the Antique Dealer inventory does not show it.
I can see it in the normal inventory

Last edited by a moderator: