• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser10107

I would love to get into GvG so much more if I can play on my mobile or tab. It's great idea if you can do it.

Dan 77

Squire
imagine i have no time to make entirely the EG.. no time to start colonies. i dont play gvg too. so add a nyew feature.. no time for it.
with all events, all worlds.. it becomes impossible to make all things foe purpose, because of too much time taken.
other problem is that gcg has many bugs which are not corrected. make another small gvg will again create nex problems of global performance !
new bugs to correct.. and less time for developpers to correct gcg bugs. i would like the nex feature replaces EG which are always the same thing.
make encounters to take sectors with the new system will be more fun as boring EG system. and will take the same time for us to play, and bring changes with direct match with othgers guilds in the nex map, a little more exciting than the actual tournament
Definitely. GE is boring, every week the same. GE is being saved by awads like diamong and a few relics.

DeletedUser9666

Feedback for Inno (continued):

5. Troops/goods - Players struggle each week to do GE because their cities are not designed to make troops and goods. And now they will need troops and goods (they do not have) to also do BGs?

Even if they understand BGs mechanics and have additional time to invest in it - many of them will be simply too poor to participate.

Unless they give up GE or GvG. But do you really want this new feature to cannibalize GE and GvG?

iPenguinPat

Squire
ipenguinpat: Very complex comment full of truth.
Only a few things I would like to add:

1. Tutorials in forums and wikis exist.
2. Every guild can teach own players the basics - it really isn't that complicated. Only the advanced tactics are taught/learned for a longer time than a few minutes. In practice.

Only? Maybe if you do recurring quests really hardly with a highly levelled Frontenac. Otherwise, it's for 2 years of playing actively.

Thanks Dan!

We made a youtube video for our newbies to learn. They all start on "spear fighter duty" until they really get a hang of sieging, filling, slipping DAs, etc. Works out great because they aren't wasting real units, and they are able to contribute regardless of age/gb development. Plus it gives us players with a wider skillset once they grow up :)
The main downside is not as much fighting opportunity.

And yes. 5-6 month is using Arc/CF to pump goods. I often forget not all guilds operate like mine. Point well made. 5-6 months is the minimum, and easily 12+months of GvG no man's land (AF-VF). Not exactly a recipe for drumming up high-end GvG interest.

DeletedUser8088

gvg is only played by 5% of the players, but you can say that about many things in the game, 1) how many% complete an event? how much play the daily challenges.2) the large guilds with young players will have a disadvantage like in GE, not every small player can play it out, so there will be guilds with only experienced players. The younger players will not be able to enjoy the benefits of a large guild anywhere in the long term, which I regret. 3) The new part could be successful if it is not on diamonds. 4) gvg could be more successful, if the profit for the individual player is greater, everyone supports the guild, but own profit is the most likely. 5) a visual learning module for gvg would promote this. 6) maybe only 5% of players play gvg, but they are your most loyal entrants, most have been playing this for years, 9 years myself. 6) The reason it is played less is because the necessary changes are always postponed.

Owl II

Emperor
It's bad that guilds will only fight inside their server. Very few opponents for each League. Maybe you should do something like play-of between servers

DeletedUser10050

Are you crazy? Keep GvG and introduce a new GvG? Do you want us to play 24 hours a day? Where will your GREED stop? Don't you understand that you can destroy the lives of many more people? Do yoy know what is the carpal syndrome?

Devilsangel

Baronet
I'm really looking forward to this new feature. I play mostly on mobile so participating in new type of gvg with both army and goods sounds very exciting :))
Although I have a question regarding the victory points.

Will the age of the participating guild member matter like in GE ( the higher the age of player the more points he scores with both goods and fights ) or will the completion of a fight/negotiation be the same amount of victory points from any player? Making the age of active players irrelevant in this regard?

DeletedUser9570

the GvG is not played in any of my guilds. There already are many other complex things to do and new things to come, like the new villages (when will they be availlable on beta?), so maybe the GvG should simply be dropped. I don't believe more people will play it even if you implement these changes.

Miepie

Baronet
the GvG is not played in any of my guilds. There already are many other complex things to do and new things to come, like the new villages (when will they be availlable on beta?), so maybe the GvG should simply be dropped. I don't believe more people will play it even if you implement these changes.

Problem is, although there is only a small player base for GvG, it tends to be the most active player group. This group does keep worlds alive (otherwise older worlds are completely reduced to diamond farming). So dumping GvG might mean this group starts to look elsewhere for a game that DOES allow to play as a group. Guess they don't want that.

At the same time, it starts to become a bit too much. In a good active guild you already have GE en GvG to play. Smaller players already have a resource problem there. With this guild battleground, they'll need a giant Alca otherwise they won't be able to participate.

DeletedUser6015

Problem is, although there is only a small player base for GvG, it tends to be the most active player group. This group does keep worlds alive (otherwise older worlds are completely reduced to diamond farming). So dumping GvG might mean this group starts to look elsewhere for a game that DOES allow to play as a group. Guess they don't want that.

At the same time, it starts to become a bit too much. In a good active guild you already have GE en GvG to play. Smaller players already have a resource problem there. With this guild battleground, they'll need a giant Alca otherwise they won't be able to participate.

No, trading costs are individual, not form the guilda treasury, avoiiding the pimps and parasites....

DeletedUser9742

Do we really need a new feature? To be played on daily basis? We got settlements recently, and I don't see people playing them too much as they require micromanaging. People haven't got time for this.
All those positive and excited responses ... I wonder who are they coming from? People will try it and as it will require daily participation, most people will just abandon it. Like settlements.

If Inno feels that new feature a must have, why it needs to be battling again?
Many of us were attracted to FOE by adverts to 'develop and grow my city through ages'; not to kill, kill, battle and steal on daily basis.

I would like to see more development opportunities rather battle opportunities.
(just to be clear, negotiating instead of battling in NOT a development of anything.)

Someone mentioned earlier that a guild may be able to develop a city together. I like that.
I could imagine something like settlements could be developed jointly by guild members and earn some reward for them as well as for the guild - THAT would be exciting to me. Not additional daily 15 battle routine.

DeletedUser9982

Do we really need a new feature? To be played on daily basis? We got settlements recently, and I don't see people playing them too much as they require micromanaging. People haven't got time for this.
All those positive and excited responses ... I wonder who are they coming from? People will try it and as it will require daily participation, most people will just abandon it. Like settlements.

If Inno feels that new feature a must have, why it needs to be battling again?
Many of us were attracted to FOE by adverts to 'develop and grow my city through ages'; not to kill, kill, battle and steal on daily basis.

I would like to see more development opportunities rather battle opportunities.
(just to be clear, negotiating instead of battling in NOT a development of anything.)

Someone mentioned earlier that a guild may be able to develop a city together. I like that.
I could imagine something like settlements could be developed jointly by guild members and earn some reward for them as well as for the guild - THAT would be exciting to me. Not additional daily 15 battle routine.
I will participate and play EVERY bit of content that Inno delivers us
If im short on time, i will not play so much then
When ive got time, probably ill play as much as possible!
I love FoE..

Dont try to stop FoE from expanding
If you dont have time, its your OWN problem
Cut it out and let OTHERS enjoy the new features

Miepie

Baronet
No, trading costs are individual, not form the guilda treasury, avoiiding the pimps and parasites....

I don't have pimps and parasites in my guild. Some are stretched pretty thin between GE (everybody plays 64 encounters) and GvG (everybody helps with offence or defence) already. They also need some units and goods for Continent and Tech, else they can't evolve. So I'm not sure how another heavy investment feature will fit into that.

We are a very ambitous guild, we play to win. But we all still need some time left for the rest of our lives. You know, work, friend, family, chores, that kind of stuff

DeletedUser

We are a very ambitous guild, we play to win. But we all still need some time left for the rest of our lives. You know, work, friend, family, chores, that kind of stuff

Devs are never sleeping, so can you! :p

Yeah, and I am afraid that it would be close to impossible for mobile players to gather at one hour to take control over a sector of battlefield. And I imagine that would be unavoidable, at least in certain point, in higher league. GvG players are used to gathering every evening, mobile players not, so that would be very hard for some of us to maintain...

I first thougth the new feature is "new", but will be a replacement for GvG ! But as I read here the current GvG will stay ?
I think if the new feature "Guild Battlegounds" sweets mine likings better I never ever even look at GvG at all ...

I play in more than 1 world, but recently the CS Vikings, now this extra GBG feature ? I go stop playing in all worlds but one, how difficult it will be to "leave" worlds (and nice guilds) ... but it start all TOO much for me haha, silly me ... how could I be o so stupid to start so many cities LOL
(big groan - silly silly me, why o why I did ? )