• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age: Mars!

Luke Stark

Marquis
create new world - X -

would be active only for testing new ages, everybody could start there from the last age before the new one,
and bam You got directly much more feedback ;) after the age goes live, the world X becomes inactive

Dessire

Regent
The new era; has a new music? Or is the same music that we always have since tomorrow era?
(The music changes in industrial, and in tomorrow, that means 5 eras/age per music excepting the first one, since tomorrow to virtual we have 5 eras, the new one is the 6th so..we should have a new background music) also; te design of the tavern changed too or not?

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Since this is beta and according to someone here anything can be done in beta...

Why not allow active accounts to be bumped to mars age (temporally or give alt accounts) so that new age can be tested.

create new world - X -

would be active only for testing new ages, everybody could start there from the last age before the new one,
and bam You got directly much more feedback ;) after the age goes live, the world X becomes inactive

And on which base would these cities be built ? Depending on the way we play, all our cities are very different when arriving at a new age. You would be given a city that might not be the kind of city you would normally have.
The present situation: testing on actual cities that have been developped over time, reflects the reality as it will happen on the live servers.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
They provide Mars Credits. You use this in the colony, as well as for the Exploration Sites on the Campaign Map, which are used for obtaining Mars Ore.
Ah... Thanks ! I really look forward to discovering this age (but will have to wait for it to be in the live servers, since I am too far from it on the Beta one :()

Luke Stark

Marquis
And on which base would these cities be built ? Depending on the way we play, all our cities are very different when arriving at a new age. You would be given a city that might not be the kind of city you would normally have.
The present situation: testing on actual cities that have been developped over time, reflects the reality as it will happen on the live servers.

75% of cities look the same, just buildings in different places :) arc lvl 80, chf lvl 80 and so on :) make few new, ready to use schemes for the players and done, we will be testing the new age not our old cities :)

DeletedUser5097

The new era; has a new music? Or is the same music that we always have since tomorrow era?
(The music changes in industrial, and in tomorrow, that means 5 eras/age per music excepting the first one, since tomorrow to virtual we have 5 eras, the new one is the 6th so..we should have a new background music) also; te design of the tavern changed too or not?
Main city the same old music
In the colony a fresh new music. It's genre is hard for me to said, but it's a bit of a dark
SF yet relaxing type of music. It reminds me a bit of the background music from an old
Nintendo gamecube game and a bit of Daftpunk yet in the music style of FoE. If I could
reckord it for you I would, because it's a wonderfull new sound.

The first look was just amazing. The next goal Ceres? I must look up this on the
internet.xd The units are heavely upgraded in stats compared to VF and The new
skill appear to me as a free default crticial hit skill. On the first looks of things I might
find good use in the new units.:)the new att GB seems to me a bit OP. Yet I think it's
a bit ballanced out with the coin production and limmited use of 3. Where I see the
Kraken more attractive with a smaller footprint and attractive production bonus. As
for the second GB goods from prev. goods is a fantastic GB for good
grinding.
The colony may seem to have a bit limmted use. Yet I think that it can give us much
more involvment with the story and entire project. The discount system with life support
is a great idea. Yet I'm a bit sceptical about the requirment for Mars ore for the good
production. Anyways the music is fantastic in the colony as I did said befor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mars Warning: If you have not reached the end of the VF Campaign Map, do not enter Space Age Mars tech tree. You will not be able to make Mars goods until you battle on the locked Mars Campaign Map. This means you will quickly get Tech Locked and will not be able to make any Mars units, either.

Well, you can make Mars goods using Event Goods buildings like The Ship, the Pagodas, Sleigh Builders, et cetra, but, you cannot make the 6th Mars good (Mars Ore) until you fight the SAMars Campaign Map.

If we are to test SAMars, Betans will need early access to the Mars Campaign Map. Otherwise, given my track record on Camapign Age maps, I will need Mars units to finish the last few VF provinces so, I could spend many months stuck at the beginning of SAMars before I can get Mars Ore using GE won SAM units. Hopefully, I can start SAM Campaign map before Years End. :(

DeletedUser8277

You have main city building as well as colony buildings (different ones though). On the tech tree you can see which ones are for where (the new mars design on a research node indicates it's for the colony, otherwise it's for the main city as usual).
Thank you for explaining. So the goods buildings themselves will be built in the main city and the only things to be built in the colonies are the little techs/buildings with what look like glowing green beaker symbols? Then yes I wouldn't see that affecting DT/Voyager/Atlantis much at all.

Are unrefined goods then in conjunction with the Mars Ore needed to make Mars goods? Assuming AF if the trend continued.

the real victim is any actually challenging one-time or once-a-week fights (hello GE4) that you just wait for a collection and restart til you get the win proc.
I see your point however in your example to game itself would be the victim. Doubt many other guilds in the tournament are really going to suddenly feel the pressure from 1 person making it through maybe 3 harder fights a week than they were before. I'm more concerned with the other players who will be paying the price for this thing and what comes to mind first is the 3 possible hoodies/victims per each Venus in a hood. It will be a matter of 'rub someone who has this the wrong way and you're done, zero defense possible only way to counteract is to build it yourself for payback'. But more likely skip the rub em wrong part and simply they do it because they can.

You say you may not build it and I'm inclined to agree but it could come to the point the only real defense from here on out is having this building as a deterrent showing your would be attacker you can get them back with drummers now if you want to no matter what else they spent the last 7 years building for defense so it's best to leave you alone.
Edit: And since the other bonus on Virgo isn't worth collecting you can separate it from your Kraken procs by collecting it after they're used up and right before whatever fights you deem are worth your virgo procs.
Virgo does cancel out a Kracken boost? Unless they said that it still might be possible for them to work together killing 5 instead of 4 we wont know for sure until someone said it happened or enough iterations of use have gone by we can say for some certainly both boosts should have triggered at the same time by now and they haven't. Sounds like if Kraken can't happen while Virgo is in effect you should not be losing out Kracken chances until your Virgo chances are gone or vice versa. I cant think of any other boost that forced another GBs boost to not work but still counts against the player as a use. Seems like there's a lot of problems with this GB but perhaps I'm being pessimistic.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Virgo does cancel out a Kracken boost? Unless they said that it still might be possible for them to work together killing 5 instead of 4 we wont know for sure until someone said it happened or enough iterations of use have gone by we can say for some certainly both boosts should have triggered at the same time by now and they haven't. Sounds like if Kraken can't happen while Virgo is in effect you should not be losing out Kracken chances until your Virgo chances are gone or vice versa. I cant think of any other boost that forced another GBs boost to not work but still counts against the player as a use. Seems like there's a lot of problems with this GB but perhaps I'm being pessimistic.

I assume they would work together. But if you're already killing 4, what's 1 more going to matter? an 8v4 battle is already trivial. So I'd feel you *want* to seperate them.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You say you may not build it and I'm inclined to agree but it could come to the point the only real defense from here on out is having this building as a deterrent showing your would be attacker you can get them back with drummers now if you want to no matter what else they spent the last 7 years building for defense so it's best to leave you alone.

Do you really still worry about being plundered? I don't. I've left my palaces on my main world sit overnight - or sometimes even for a couple days on my VF world - without them being touched. And I have no defense to speak of that would need a missile strike to beat. Most of the hood is the same, I can auto my way through it but mostly I don't bother.

DeletedUser8859

A basic starting city, at the previous age for the new one, with all expansions released up to this previous age unlocked and placed, with a starting amount of resources (coins, supplies, diamonds, goods, special goods, BPs, unattached troops, ...) equivalent to the basic starting city at Stone Age would be fine. If all previous era's research tree is already done each player could transform the city to his/her play style quickly and then kick off at new age by unlocking the first research tech. This solution would be faster than waiting for months to finish pending research to be able to unlock the new era (depending where the player is at the Research Tree when new era is ready at Beta).

The only thing I see missing is the GBs at the level the player would have developed through time at that era. Maybe Inno could program at that world x to have available to the tester an option to select X number of GBs, each at a level YY, to be placed at the city when starting the world. After that, each additional GB (X+1) would be built by the player the usual way.

That would provide a large number of players able to test a new age in Beta instead to only the smaller group that happen to be at the end of the research tree at the time when a new era is released.
----
A second option I see is for Inno to design a few starting cities, and give the player the option to select the one closer to his/her playing style. These cities maybe selected from the live servers, or designed for playing styles like:
  • Aggressive Battle / Attack / Plunder players
  • Passive Producers / Merchant type players
  • Balanced Aggressive/Passive players
  • Mostly Terrace Farms / Shrines cities
  • Others?

DeletedUser

So the goods buildings themselves will be built in the main city
No. Goods buildings are built in the colony.

Are unrefined goods then in conjunction with the Mars Ore needed to make Mars goods? Assuming AF if the trend continued.
You don't need unrefined goods to produce Mars goods. You need Mars Ore and coins/supplies.
On the map you will find brand new good deposits, just like back in the days in BA.