• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9731

I am not done but I don't like it.I am short now on copper coins so I can't produce anything at 2 of my buildings (3 once my wool farm is built).They didn't fix the problem with the copper coins I am still short on copper coins and I don't like having to figure out what buildings I need to destroy so I can build some other kind of building (we need more land).I don't have diamonds to spend on this settlement (like other do but will not admit it).The Viking settlement is just for those that have diamonds to spend.Fix it don't spend it to us in regular Worlds.

DeletedUser

Got an early x4 with my next settlement ... and made a mistake. :D Bought 3 expansions instead of 2 + unlocking shrines. Now a bit low on money. In 4h I'll unlock shrines. Might only be possible to do 2x4h during night ... but maybe I can do a short 1h with a lot of shrines. We'll see. Having lots of shacks for a bit money now.

DeletedUser9705

The Viking settlement is just for those that have diamonds to spend.

This is 100% false. I used no diamonds, and I finished my 1st settlement with 4+ days to spare for the maximum reward.
If you are short on copper, stop trying to produce goods and concentrate on making copper!
Use your goods immediately after unlocking them for smart expansions. If you do that, by the time you unlock the Beast Hunter you should have at least 6 expansions and you will be able to make enough coins to sustain goods productions in plenty of time to finish for max rewards for the 1st several settlements.

The timed reward is only for Runestone shards. You will still get the Emissaries and Yggdrasil upgrades by taking your time and completing the settlement at your leisure. You should look at the Runestone upgrades to see if that's even a building that interests you. I will do it "just because", but it's certainly not a fantastic building on it's own.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I did not buy any Diamond Expansions, I did use a little diamonds if I needed 1-3 goods to unlock or if I had 4 hours to bedtime and just placed a building, that would take 1 hour to build and 4 hours for a produktion before bedtime.
On live servers, where I play 5 worlds, I may do that if I have bad placed boulders on one of them so it is behind the others.
Don't call us liers, that is not nice

I agree, the greater runestone is not that great. They are nice but not a must have
The Greater Runestone Lvl 1 you can "see" it like a Shrine of Knowledge, but on Lvl 1 it give less coins than a real SoK ;)
On each higher lvl this Greater Runestone becomes only better than a SoK ! I like it and it's lovely to look at too :)
And since I almost see everyone writing a SoK is THE best building for fp's, I find it a bit strange this Greater Runestone get here NOT this "must have" like Shrine of Knowlegde get !
And can you ever upgrade a SoK? Yes, with a Reno kit or One Up kit, but that you can also with this Greater Runestone, isn't it? ;)
But : can you ever upgrade a SoK to lvl 2 or even to lvl 5? No .

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It's good that it isn't that great. Means less pressure to constantly do the settlements in time for the best rewards. Yeah with highest level it really is nice. Especially if you manage to get tons of them - for additional goods and stuff. But then again: Even the perfect players that can play a lot and finish settlements very quick ... will take some time to even get one of thoses runestones at highest level.

Still there might be some billionaire people that just "buy the settlement" (unlocking all with diamonds to finish it instantly almost) to just get tons of runestones. :D

And SoK isn't the best ... with all the event stuff getting release. I mean: Yeah they are unlimited. Event stuff is limited to the event and only 1 to earn without diamonds. But it is even better for fp per space with the latest events. And it means less motivation actions needed per fp. (Bigger buildings are better than more small buildings with the same output.)

Damjan88

Merchant
But isnt having 5 runestones at lvl 1 better than one at level 5 for an average player? I'm sure that there will be a lot of players with dosens or hundreds of them lvl 5 at some point :D

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
But isnt having 5 runestones at lvl 1 better than one at level 5 for an average player? I'm sure that there will be a lot of players with dosens or hundreds of them lvl 5 at some point :D

In the current state of Forge of Events, no not really. Within a year of a server start I tend to have enough SoKs and am looking for things that do more than a SoK with an aid. Or don't eat aid.

DeletedUser9731

This is 100% false. I used no diamonds, and I finished my 1st settlement with 4+ days to spare for the maximum reward.
If you are short on copper, stop trying to produce goods and concentrate on making copper!
Use your goods immediately after unlocking them for smart expansions. If you do that, by the time you unlock the Beast Hunter you should have at least 6 expansions and you will be able to make enough coins to sustain goods productions in plenty of time to finish for max rewards for the 1st several settlements.

The timed reward is only for Runestone shards. You will still get the Emissaries and Yggdrasil upgrades by taking your time and completing the settlement at your leisure. You should look at the Runestone upgrades to see if that's even a building that interests you. I will do it "just because", but it's certainly not a fantastic building on it's own.

I did concentrate on getting more copper coins for a day+ .Where do I go to see what this Runestone gives and what about this emissary what does it give/help you?
I still think when they raise how much we get more of copper from buildings they shouldn't of raised how much more we have to pay for production and give us more land so we don't have to scratch our heads trying to figure out what buildings need to be destroyed.

DeletedUser8119

I finished the 3rd run through comfortably with 2 days and 11 hours to spare. That included waiting for Mead Hall and Willows to finish building overnight. I used goods for 9 expansions and replaced and rearranged buildings to make the most of the space while keeping copper and good production going. I did run out of copper early on so had to sit and do the 5 min tapping on the phone while watching TV a couple of times - this is the least enjoyable aspect at the moment and a waste of my time. I will wait for the mobile update before I start the next run through as I can't face having to do that again. Always sad to see my dedication and effort disappear at the end, but I have some new strategies in mind for next time. The aspects I enjoy most are maximising and making best use of the space with the minimum number of expansions and forward planning to synch copper and goods production and construction of new buildings - diplomacy seems to work itself out for me. I have 3 active worlds on live server and am already wondering how I can sustain this level of play across 4 worlds. Please don't rush to add any additional tasks e.g. fighting etc as there is more than enough to be engaged with. PS access to GVG or a derivative on mobile would be a better option for those needing to fight more.
Keep up the good work Inno and whomever came up with concept deserves a bonus!

I finished the 3rd run through comfortably with 2 days and 11 hours to spare. That included waiting for Mead Hall and Willows to finish building overnight. I used goods for 9 expansions and replaced and rearranged buildings to make the most of the space while keeping copper and good production going. I did run out of copper early on so had to sit and do the 5 min tapping on the phone while watching TV a couple of times - this is the least enjoyable aspect at the moment and a waste of my time. I will wait for the mobile update before I start the next run through as I can't face having to do that again. Always sad to see my dedication and effort disappear at the end, but I have some new strategies in mind for next time. The aspects I enjoy most are maximising and making best use of the space with the minimum number of expansions and forward planning to synch copper and goods production and construction of new buildings - diplomacy seems to work itself out for me. I have 3 active worlds on live server and am already wondering how I can sustain this level of play across 4 worlds. Please don't rush to add any additional tasks e.g. fighting etc as there is more than enough to be engaged with. PS access to GVG or a derivative on mobile would be a better option for those needing to fight more.
Keep up the good work Inno and whomever came up with concept deserves a bonus!

My idea for fighting was not in addition but rather instead of some of the tasks. As it stands it would need quite a bit of reworking for it because there isn't a barracks and isn't room for it anyways. The units would need to be designed along with a map to play on. I doubt that inno would even consider doing a redesign that drastic at this point in their process. It is a thought for the future of these settlements though that I hope they take.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The nice thing is that you don't need to have the 1200 diplomacy permanently at the end.

Is that not a bug @Zarok Dai ?
I thought the "have" in "have 1200 diplomacy" indicates that the quest progress will be lost, when falling below the threshold again as long as the other part of the "and" quest is not fulfilled... At least, I think that was the case with similar happiness quests.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I disagree on that ! I've spend ZERO diamonds and got 5 days left of the time for the best "time reward" !

5 days to spare is quite good I think... did you collect more often than every 4h for copper coins during the day?

I will probably finish today with 3 days to spare and zero diamonds used. I bought 2 goods expansion each from every good and used 4-4-4-8 cycle for copper and goods production - sometimes I got in on or two extra 1h productions for copper. I do not think I could have finished much quicker with my chosen strategy - some hours maybe, but not two days - I will see in the second run (the first one was cut short - so it does not really count...) if I can somehow improve on that.

housemouse

Squire
Not nice, but finished at the last minute.
wickinger_finish_3.jpg

I am annoyed that can not really use the Mead Hall, I would have needed more copper in between to start productions. Then I could have bought more extensions.
I would have had around 24h time, but it seemed impossible to produce enough wool for 2 more extensions. Especially since these are still blocked with rocks. And I can not play the rest of the day.
The construction times for Clan House, Old Willow and Mead Hall are too long. Planning or not. I had to spend diamonds to finish them to get enough diplomacy. Not nice :-(
And with even less time I will not be able to do it anymore.
I would also like to conclude with a beautiful city and not with such a rubbish heap

housemouse

Squire
Post Luthan: The nice thing is that you don't need to have the 1200 diplomacy permanently at the end.

I thought the "have" in "have 1200 diplomacy" indicates that the quest progress will be lost, when falling below the threshold again as long as the other part of the "and" quest is not fulfilled... At least, I think that was the case with similar happiness quests.

If that's not a bug, that might help. Since you can clear some diplomatic buildings again to build goods production. I did not look at it because it had to be the last time. Then I spent diamonds for free. :-(

Last edited:

DeletedUser

In relation to the final cultural quest:
If you gain the 1200 diplomacy, then delete the diplomacy buildings, then build the goods building the quest will complete, but if you build the goods buildings first, then delete them and build the diplomacy the quest will not complete.
This is because the quest only counts the goods buildings when both quest conditions have been met.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
If you gain the 1200 diplomacy, then delete the diplomacy buildings, then build the goods building the quest will complete, but if you build the goods buildings first, then delete them and build the diplomacy the quest will not complete.
This is because the quest only counts the goods buildings when both quest conditions have been met.

that is kind of inconsequent... but good to know