• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

graycat

Farmer
My event window is blank, first time that has happened to me. I tried exiting and opening again but no help. Not sure if I completed the quest for today or not.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
My event window is blank, first time that has happened to me. I tried exiting and opening again but no help. Not sure if I completed the quest for today or not.
Is it the Event window or the Quest overview? With the later it could be a side-effect of playing on both browser and mobile, if you currently have a "wait till next day's quest" timer. When logging in on mobile, if the event is not active there yet, it removes the message and the timer (so next time you login on browser you won't see it). You would still get the quest the next day though.

DeletedUser9606

Dear beta admins,

Can we expect tholos of idols upgrades as a tree prize or daily award in live servers? I'm thinking whether it will be available further along the road in live servers and how far would it be? I need two more to fully upgrade my Tholos of Idols.

Sincerely,
Penki

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear beta admins,

Can we expect tholos of idols upgrades as a tree prize or daily award in live servers? I'm thinking whether it will be available further along the road in live servers and how far would it be? I need two more to fully upgrade my Tholos of Idols.

Sincerely,
Penki
Unlikely, Tholos was a reward during the Soccer event so it's unlikely to show up as a Winter event reward.

DeletedUser9606

The Tholos upgrade was Black Friday special today.
Thanks, but I knew that; got two. I'm still curious to ask beta admins whether forge of idols upgrades will reappear again in Winter Event?

DeletedUser8304

I would like to propose that quest 36: Scout a province be given an "OR" option. It originally had complete x 24 hr productions. To be totally honest, 24 hr productions would be a preferred option for some players who are ahead on their map and have to complete several sectors, then the province, and then scout a new one. Other than that, I am enjoying the Christmas tree and the addition of candles.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Dear beta admins,

Sincerely,
Penki
Hope not and sure not as tree price. I rather see it as a chest in DC, where you can get one of earlier event upgrade, tholos, ship, windmill etc.

DeletedUser

Dear beta admins,

Sincerely,
Penki
the Tholos is a Soccer Event building

so you can expect an upgrade in the next Soccer Event

DeletedUser9606

the Tholos is a Soccer Event building

so you can expect an upgrade in the next Soccer Event
Thank you for your insight. I hope that tholos upgrades will reappear again in offers or events.

DeletedUser9403

Let me guess... there won't be any CHAMPION'S RETREAT at the winter event either...

DeletedUser

Hi. I'm new to the beta forums.
Started with my beta city 2-3 days before the Winter Event started. (Cause I was curious for vikings stuff and wanted to play beta because of that.)

It is possible to do the event with a new city. But I have a lot of time to be online and I know to build efficiently from the main worlds I play on. Doing side quests and the daily challenge (if quests are doable and the rewards is okay) helps - especially with the supplies you are short on. (Coins never really were an issue.)

2 or 3 days ago I reached the daily event quest. The forge point requirements seem okay. 6, 12 ... now 18 for iron age. That is fine. (Also sometimes there are quests in between without fp requirement.)

Goods requirements are fine so far. Can be a bit tricky if you aren't really efficient and started with with a new city. Important thing is not to waste goods on failed attempts for the "forced" negotiations on the event quests. (I skipped expedition but for event it is necessary.) So just pay the 10 diamonds if necessary for another move - instead of trying again.

Prices seem nice. I don't really care about decorations or the defense stuff or medals (I get them from other sources) from victory tower. But nice for the people that need it. Also design looks nice of the upgraded 1x1 buildings stuff.

The cottages is okay I guess - especially if you still need population. The sleigh builder is nice. Also no set. That was too much gambling in last year's winter event - for every set building. I love the huge spire and the design in the different upgrade stages and to see it grow.

But: I hope the kit will be available as daily price. Since I'm going to save the starts (not many other prices that are really interesting) ... and in most previous events it was possible to max the main prize without paying diamonds.

Sad that one ofthe few events where it was not possible for me (playing since fall 2017) was winter/Christmas. (I'm okay with needing to pay diamonds - Inno needs to make money. But would be nicer if this happened during the year and the stuff fully to max without diamonds was at winter/Christmas. But I guess for making money it is the best strategy to have stuff you need to pay on Christmas.)

Edit: After reading a bit in the wiki ... and calculating with the starts and stuff ... I see we need 300 candles to max the spire building. About 150 matches should be sure. (Especially if we get the shuffle or starst every now and then which should happen with this big amount of free gifts we are going to open. Maybe there'll be an email to get some few stars free upon login for 1 world.)

Heavily seems to depend on the chances for 1,2,3 candles. Did anyone check this? (Make a list or someting?) If chances are evenly split between the 3 options ... it does not seem that bad. If 1 appears most often and 3 is pretty rare ... it will be harder. With not enough luck or a bit of bad luck ... you might end up having to use a lot of diamonds.

Now ... I'd suggest to remove the matches. Also saves the annoying animation. Just make it 10 candles per tree with every opened gift automatically lighting 1 candle.