• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Praeceptor

Marquis
Just a few thoughts...

Personally, I'm not too worried about the level of rewards. Like many other games, I play for the enjoyment of participating, as much as for any reward I might get at the end.

The addition of "impediments" to building locations adds an interesting challenge.

Having a minimum 4 hour production means I don't feel compelled to be online all day (unlike the endless historical questlines), and I think the slower pace will suit my playing style without feeling like a chore.

Emissaries look interesting, allowing you to choose which bonus to apply at your Town Hall.

Overall a good addition to the game without making it feel like work, rather than fun.

DeletedUser9022

cool! so it's just timed to get these quests done and then 21 days later it pretty much resets?

It resets if you finish all quests. You get better rewards if you finish all quests fast, you get the best reward if you finish it in 21 days (at least in the first pass). But it does only reset after you finished all of them (or you manually abandon the settlement).

DeletedUser

My 4th quest requires me to unlock shrines, which costs 23 axes. Axe building takes an hour to build and provides 5 axes in 4 hours (10 axes in 8 hours costs more per axe for some reason) so that would be 21 hours minimum for that one quest,
or 115 diamonds

DeletedUser9022

So far it's pretty boring. I hope I am missing something because I played for 5-10 minutes and have to wait 4 hours to play another 5 minutes and then wait 4 hours to play another 5 minutes.

It is not designed such that you have to be online 24 hours a day.

I mean, FoE is and was never a game where you should be online all the time. It is not made to keep you busy the whole day. It is a “background game”, you log in every once in a while, do some things and log out. The settlements are not intended to change this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9123

This is a WIP I'm sure improvements will come with updates an the other cultures - the Egyptian one looks cool - Sumerian, Mongolian, ancient China and Japan would also be cool (avid history buff) - I think the Romans and Greeks are covered in the main game with bronze and iron

[translated with Google. German text is in the spoiler below.]

My first impression:

The feature is very nice. That one builds up his city then in regular intervals - okay then is just like that. Could also lead to the opposite of gameplay, as Forge of Empires now lives to expand its city. I have been building my city on German servers for 6.5 years now and always find corners to improve. Again and again can start to demotivate, as the prices would have to be right.

And exactly then my expectations were probably too high. Or the values become even better with age. I'm in Beta in the Industrial Age. The big tree brings me 10% attack, 10 goods, 3 FP and stuff like coins, supplies and medals at level 9.

For that was spoken of really great buildings in the run-up is now not so great when well-known bonuses are simply thrown together. You may need 8 months or more to get there. With the events that already exist, you only need 2 events. For example Mill of Fall + Checkmate Square. Of course it takes less space, but the effort is many times higher than at events. In my main world on de2, attack boost is not the real thing if you already have Legendary Attack Buildings at level 80, so I'll do just as much damage as before.
I would have been really looking forward to a new kind of bonus.

The second reward, this rune, you have also earliest after 9 passes. This is worthwhile even with the final stage, namely with 2 FP and can then replace a shrine of knowledge - also months of work for a FP more ....

and then after 15 times through his there are only 50 forgepoints - better than nothing - but certainly still be upgradeable there other prices to bring into play.

Maybe I've been too spoiled by all the events so far. Especially the Halloween event has shown how fast you can get to a 3x3 building with 3 FP;)

The emissaries sound nice, additional things that the city hall should issue with. But the amount of bonuses are just a drop in the bucket ...

For example, these people, like the crewmembers in the ports of the OF or AF, can be upgraded. For example, by winning the same person after the 15th time. In my opinion that would be a longer-term goal.

The whole thing is for me rather an unsatisfactory first impression.

Mein Ersteindruck:

Das Feature ist ganz nett. Das man seine Stadt dann in regelmäßigen Abständen neu aufbaut- okay ist dann halt so. Könnte aber auch zum Gegenteil von Spielspaß führen, da Forge of Empires nun davon lebt seine Stadt auszubauen. Ich baue an meiner Stadt auf den deutschen Servern nun seit 6,5 Jahren und finde immer wieder Ecken zum verbessern. Immer wieder neu anfangen kann dann auch demotivieren, da müssten die Preise schon stimmen.

Und genau da waren dann meine Erwartungen wohl zu hoch. Oder die Werte werden mit dem Zeitaltern noch besser. Ich bin in der Beta im Industriellen Zeitalter. Der große Baum bringt mir auf Stufe 9 10% Angriff, 10 Güter, 3 FP und Zeug wie Münzen, Vorräte und Medaillen.

Dafür das da von wirklich großartigen Gebäuden im Vorfeld gesprochen wurde ist das jetzt auch nicht so wirklich großartig wenn bekannte Boni einfach zusammengeworfen werden. Man wird vielleicht 8 Monate oder länger benötigen um dahin zukommen. mit den Events die es jetzt schon gibt braucht man gerade einmal 2 Events. Zum Beispiel Herbstmühle + Schachmatt-Platz. klar es braucht weniger Platz, aber der Aufwand ist um ein vielfaches höher als bei Events. In meiner Hauptwelt auf de2 ist Angriffsboost auch nicht das Wahre wenn man bereits Legendäre Angriffsgebäude auf Level 80 zu stehen hat, da mach ich genauso viel Schaden wie vorher auch.
Da hätte ich mich echt mal um eine neue Art Bonus gefreut.

Die zweite Belohnung, diese Rune, hat man auch erst frühstens nach 9 Durchgängen. DIese lohnt sich auch erst mit der Endstufe, nämlich mit 2 FP und kann erst dann einen Schrein des Wissens ablösen- ebenfalls Monate Arbeit für einen FP mehr....

und dann nach 15 mal durch sein gibts nur noch 50 forgepoints- besser als nichts- wäre aber sicher noch ausbaufähig gewesen dort andere Preise mit ins Spiel zu bringen.

Vielleicht bin ich auch bisher durch die ganzen Events zu sehr verwöhnt worden. Gerade das Halloweenevent hat gezeigt wie schnell man mal an ein 3x3 Gebäude mit 3 FP kommen kann ;)

Die Emissaries klingen nett, zusätzliche Sachen die das Rathaus mit herausgeben sollen. Aber die Höhe der Boni sind nur ein Tropfen auf dem heißen Stein...

Zum Beispiel macht diese Leute wie die Crew-Mitglieder in den Häfen der OF oder AF steigerbar. Zum Beispiel indem man nach dem 15. Mal eine gleiche Person gewinnen kann. Das würde meiner Meinung nach ein längerfristiges Ziel sein können.

Das Ganze Ist für mich bisher eher ein unbefriedigender Ersteindruck.

Is it possible we all have different quests? My 4th quest requires me to unlock shrines, which costs 23 axes. Axe building takes an hour to build and provides 5 axes in 4 hours (10 axes in 8 hours costs more per axe for some reason) so that would be 21 hours minimum for that one quest,
you can save 8 hours from that time by building two axe smiths instead of just one

WhatKnot

Merchant
It appears I am left in the FOG..I played for a bit...then left to go to Regular Beta for collections...now it seems I cannot get back into the Settlements...????
I'm confused (which is not hard to put me in that frame of mind)

DeletedUser8887

How do you get the quotes from other people to show up in your post? thanks

esoterism

Squire
Hi,
We need to get de CHAT in the settlement screen.
We need an indicator in the main city that says an action is required in the settlement.
The first extension should be available before we get all 4 viking ressources.
Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.