• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7959

Well, in short... Without any donations, I could reach only bronze league (almost, I think 2 more shots will bring me the next goal). Kinda sad that I can't get gold league prizes, but I would say that this part of the event (ranking) was the most fairer thing I remember. (all)Efforts bring (the desired)results. Those who spent not only their time but also money, deserve to get a better spot on events. It's understandable much more than that "random" where you personally can't affect on the result. I would like to see more future contents based on this (or better:rolleyes:) system. Random kills the strategy for me. Simply because it's stupid when two players making the same efforts get different results just because, you know, one of them is unlucky...

DeletedUser7454

just wonder if I missed the Tholos ugrade kit as a daily prize ore there was none. If the later is true it really sucks as it is impossible to get a full upgrade without diamonds :(

DeletedUser8277

I am very happy to see an event without required advancement, it's a shame that required diamonds took the place of the advancement but oh well, I didn't find the thoros particularly worth the trouble. I spent the diamonds given to us for this event, and possibly some extra just playing and still only ended up with it at level 8, which just isn't worth it to build for me currently.

DeletedUser

just wonder if I missed the Tholos ugrade kit as a daily prize ore there was none. If the later is true it really sucks as it is impossible to get a full upgrade without diamonds :(

Not putting the upgrade on will make some players go for silver and gold league thinking they will get it, and they might even spend some diamonds…. if the upgrade was on at start or in the middle, IG would miss out on an income from those players.
When the upgrade come as daily things will change in the league ;-)

It is true. There is no way to get to level 10 without spending diamonds. I spend about 3.5k diamonds to get to level 10. Unless you don't mind spending diamonds, I think it is better to skip this event. It might not be bad to just collect the daily sports drinks and maybe do a few quests and try to win a couple of daily special prizes, like SoKs or WW shrink kits.

DeletedUser7454

I am sure there would be players who would not mind spending diamonds to get more then 1 level 10 Tholos, especially with highly leveled BGs. Sure some players will spend diamonds to get to level 10 Tholos (I will on mine main world) but only to get only 1. I would have spent more diamonds if there was an option to get 2 or 3 Tholoses at level 10. I think Inno went for a few heavy diamond players and I am not sure how this will work out -- I think they would have got more diamonds with the the upgrade offered as daily prize. More players would have spend money to buy a few diamonds just to get the building to level 10. Now most people just play for the daily prize rather then the Tholos. But it it is all a theory and in the end the question is what will give most money to Inno -- a lot of smaller diamond purchases or a few larger ones.

DeletedUser8277

How is it not worth it to you? 3 SoK's worth of fp's, 10 goods, supplies, coins, medals and happiness wrapped up in a 4x4 package is not worth it these days?:confused: Guess maybe because they didn't add a cherry on top? Or a partridge in a pear tree?:)
lol it's all personal preference. For me the only really useful thing it provides is the FP, in order to fit it in I'd need to remove a bazar, which provides 1 less FP per day than this would at level 8, however the bazar allows me to do the other productions when needed for quests so I'm opting to keep it instead of put this down.

DeletedUser8391

there are too much quests. they take too much time. It is too long to make all of them.
and this very hard to have 10 upgrade of tholos. too hard event to have maximize size of tholos.

DeletedUser8410

9 upgrades to get full item, and it's not offered as a daily special? Seems odd to say the least.

jtrucker

Baronet
there are too much quests. they take too much time. It is too long to make all of them.
Well, I really don't know what you mean. There was only once "scout province or 10x24 hr production" = long task. I was done with the first set of quests in some 7 days (and I play very slowly, being a truck driver my time with the game is very limited during a workweek) and then you will get just one per day and except of the one I mentioned they are all shorter than a day, so easily doable in the time frame.

9 upgrades to get full item, and it's not offered as a daily special? Seems odd to say the least.
Not odd, it is specifically planned. It was mentioned here before. The event is designed to bring income and the only correct way (from Innogames point of view) is to make the final price unobtainable unless you spend diamonds. Simple as that. The lead developer of Forge of Empires explains it in this video from 2014:
youtu.be/XOtwWfeEDyU

jtrucker

Baronet
Now question for some developers here:
I won't pester you about the nerfing of the Constestant's estate, I do understand the reasons and the fact that we are beta, but allow me a technical question - was there any specific reason why did you start it at 5% after the experiences with Winners plaza? You guys must have known people will go for them in large numbers, so why not to start at 3% right away and save yourselves from this backlash? Please, don't tell me that you didn't expect this players behaviour. every child playing the game for like 2-3 weeks knew after first look at the buildings that he/she wants number of them, so the developers must have known too, ESPECIALLY after Winners plaza, so WHY? That's what bothers me. Not the nerfing per se but why not to start with the "more reasonable" or "more appropriate" value?
Thanks in advance for answering

DeletedUser1418

Well... in the end it kinda suck to play month-long events so fine-tuned where the only outcome to get the main reward at level 10:
IF YOU BUY DIAMONDS...
I see a lot of level 7, 8 Tholosses
Lesson is: Never buy diamonds! You will be cheated out of your money for cheap - ehm worthless rewards

DeletedUser7779

Now question for some developers here:
I won't pester you about the nerfing of the Constestant's estate, I do understand the reasons and the fact that we are beta, but allow me a technical question - was there any specific reason why did you start it at 5% after the experiences with Winners plaza? You guys must have known people will go for them in large numbers, so why not to start at 3% right away and save yourselves from this backlash? Please, don't tell me that you didn't expect this players behaviour. every child playing the game for like 2-3 weeks knew after first look at the buildings that he/she wants number of them, so the developers must have known too, ESPECIALLY after Winners plaza, so WHY? That's what bothers me. Not the nerfing per se but why not to start with the "more reasonable" or "more appropriate" value?
Thanks in advance for answering
I'd very much like an answer to that too!
And if I may bring in VF too, could the devs also explain why the Samurai has contact with a range of 1??? It's like giving dragon drones or scimitars contact. Lol.