• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

At the moment the Hobby league is empty.
actually only the amount of players in it isn't shown anymore

I am still in it with 0 goals
like all other with 0 goals

Gold league has 83 people in it, this is far more than the 1% it should be.
difficult to say without knowing how big hobby league is

How and when are the leagues updated?
I would guess: when somebody scores a goal
(even if most of those goal doesn't change anything they are considered and it is updated in realtime)

DeletedUser

Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is beta, bla bla, the people are only people, bla bla...

Nope, not this time, that's not enough for excuse. Seriously, only because @Robert said that he is actually playing the game and of course, they WANT feedback, you are getting so sweet and righteous? Pfff, I say. Get real. After spoiling plaza, how much of actual thinking should have been taken, that smaller and more powerful building than plaza wouldn't fit in the mythological and sacred "balance" issue? Cause it took players 5 minutes, not 2 weeks. They don't give a damn about our opinions. Yes, they put FPs instead medals in Kraken - and then... tada... Blue Galaxy. MEDALS. Disapointing, although players weren't that demanding after Kraken and coin boost would do perfectly. But no, MEDALS. Because EVERYBODY is soooo in lack of medals, that there's a Gaia in every city... not, pfff.

What is with you Inno people and medals? Get yourselves Arcs and stop putting medals in every possible new building, jeeez.

And stop nerfing what's been nerfed before - why we have to learn on your mistakes, not you?

Mr.Quib

Squire
actually only the amount of players in it isn't shown anymore

I am still in it with 0 goals
like all other with 0 goals

difficult to say without knowing how big hobby league is
Up till yesterday the amount of players in Hobby league was shown, the total of players was around 7000, so the 1% is off most of the time. 'Only the amount of players isn't shown anymore' is pretty much the same to me as that it's empty...

I would guess: when somebody scores a goal
(even if most of those goal doesn't change anything they are considered and it is updated in realtime)
As far as I've seen the leagues where updated once a day, but not anymore since yesterday.

DeletedUser7959

See how they avoid the issue of scamming people for money?
They informed players in the event announce section that something could changes:
"Please note that the numbers and rewards presented above are subject to change according to your feedback and actual distribution we see in the game."
Why do you even spend money on beta? At the beginning of event... :confused:

DeletedUser

And about the "not every building could be SoK" issue... And the sun goes up at east. Sure it couldn't and even shouldn't - but what else is as good as SoK...? And it doesn't really depend on playstyle or age of player - there is literally nothing better than SoK in this game. Everything else is secondary. And don't tell me about japanese sets or level 7 of Pillar. They need much more effort and cost to be put together to work better than several SoKs. So maybe you would introduce into game something as good and as obtainable as SoK first - and afterwards tell "not everything could be SoK".

DeletedUser7959

And about the "not every building could be SoK" issue... And the sun goes up at east. Sure it couldn't and even shouldn't - but what else is as good as SoK...? And it doesn't really depend on playstyle or age of player - there is literally nothing better than SoK in this game. Everything else is secondary. And don't tell me about japanese sets or level 7 of Pillar. They need much more effort and cost to be put together to work better than several SoKs. So maybe you would introduce into game something as good and as obtainable as SoK first - and afterwards tell "not everything could be SoK".
WL7WoIQ.png

Feanor II

Baronet
We're all ripping on Inno pretty hard for the nerf here, and to be honest I do see their side of it. This is the "test bed" area (which is why they give us free diamonds for playing it). This is also why I don't spend any RL money here. I'm frustrated by the nerf after spending a lot of time setting up new designs for the live cities with a lot of Estates, but it is what it is.

I will say something very much in favor of Inno for this event. Clicking through all my energy drinks last night to get CEs (even nerfed, it's still the best building of the event), I noticed that ToI upgrade is sometimes back-to-back as the "goal prize", whereas with the Forge Bowl there was always a filler prize in between each PoH upgrade. This at least makes it somewhat feasible to run it up to a decent level. Probably not 10, but at least respectable. Much appreciated. I'd like to offer a suggestion for the live rollout-eliminate the other prizes entirely. Make each goal reward a ToI upgrade. Your customers will love you for it.

DeletedUser

Well, I don't see it somehow.

I've just removed my city from beta server. This is just it for me, the breaking point. I just don't see how you could be payed for making the same mistakes in evaluating pretty the same buildings and endlessly nerfing them afterwards... Nice job, I suppose, but not the effect of it for your clients and I'm out of this circus. I'm tired after few years and don't see point in "testing" anything, because your attitude to treat us like stoopid milking cows is just growing higher and higher.

DeletedUser1418

We're all ripping on Inno pretty hard for the nerf here, and to be honest I do see their side of it.

I see it different. Nerving happens and did happen on the live servers too. Selling half kilo's as kilo's is outright fraud. It is against the LAW in every country!

DeletedUser7239

I see it different. Nerving happens and did happen on the live servers too. Selling half kilo's as kilo's is outright fraud. It is against the LAW in every country!
I am surprised that US players did not sue them, since in USA everything is an escuse for a class action lawsuit.
We're all ripping on Inno pretty hard for the nerf here, and to be honest I do see their side of it. This is the "test bed" area (which is why they give us free diamonds for playing it). This is also why I don't spend any RL money here. I'm frustrated by the nerf after spending a lot of time setting up new designs for the live cities with a lot of Estates, but it is what it is.

I will say something very much in favor of Inno for this event. Clicking through all my energy drinks last night to get CEs (even nerfed, it's still the best building of the event), I noticed that ToI upgrade is sometimes back-to-back as the "goal prize", whereas with the Forge Bowl there was always a filler prize in between each PoH upgrade. This at least makes it somewhat feasible to run it up to a decent level. Probably not 10, but at least respectable. Much appreciated. I'd like to offer a suggestion for the live rollout-eliminate the other prizes entirely. Make each goal reward a ToI upgrade. Your customers will love you for it.

I would agree with you if beta server did not allow anyone to buy diamonds (besides the one given) AND items released on live server reminded unchanged, OR diamonds were refunded total/partially to players accounts or other compensations.

DeletedUser7239

they can visit InnoGames in Germany and sue them there :p

Last time i went to america things were not like you are saying, even an corporation could be sued in another country, it did happen, in this days i dunno.

Feanor II

Baronet

Not necessarily translatable in this instance. Since the game is owned by Inno, they have full control of the content. In addition, the GTC says that they are even allowed to completely end the games under their license(s) at any time at their discretion. So you could theoretically buy 10,000,000 diamonds worth of stuff, then the next day Inno ends FoE, and you wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on since there is no breach of contract. The question in a lawsuit if you were to bring one here would be whether or not a reduction in attack bonus from 5% to 3% is a cognizable tort. In all likelihood, the judge would rule that the in-game materials have no quantifiable value, therefore you have no case. The problem with your "kilo/half-kilo" analogy is that you're not buying a material good here; you're buying a service-specifically, entertainment. A better analogy would be if you bought tickets to see a baseball game, you take the whole family, then when you get there the star outfielder has been benched for the day so your kids don't get to see him play, and then the team loses on top of it. Disappointing, sure, but you can't sue to get the cost of your tickets back. Or another example, let's say you take your kids to see their favorite band, and it turns out the band sucks live. You can't sue on the basis of "this isn't what they sound like on the album".

I am surprised that US players did not sue them, since in USA everything is an escuse for a class action lawsuit.

I would agree with you if beta server did not allow anyone to buy diamonds (besides the one given) AND items released on live server reminded unchanged, OR diamonds were refunded total/partially to players accounts or other compensations.

I agree completely. I'm not saying the scenario I listed above is ethical. I'm just giving my best guess as to how a legal case would actually play out. You can't sue for a reduction in quality of a good that doesn't exist, especially when that "good" is completely at the discretion of the company per the GTC, which everyone playing the game must agree to in order to play it. It's a cruddy deal for the players but you're not going to get anywhere in a courtroom with it. The Oracle of Delphi fiasco was an excellent example of this. The owner of an intellectual property like a game can retroactively change it at their discretion, provided the contract between the entertainment provider and the customer doesn't prohibit it (which in this case it doesn't).

Aeshma

Merchant

This crap right here is why I stopped lurking on the forum (someone has to post from another type of playstyle :)). You are fully entitled to play however you want but don't assume everyone plays your way. It does depend on playstyle and age of player. There are many things better than SoK in this game. I am in OF and have only 3 of them and and Obelisk Garden which I only build for the looks. If there were 2*2 goods producing buildings or attack buildings I could fit into the areas I would delete my SoK happily. Oh and my Arc is only in the 40s and my Bazaars and Terrace Farms always are producing goods and never fps and I don't have wishing wells and I will probably delete Cape Canaveral in favour of some kind of special goods or attack buildings. Bring out the torches and pitchforks now everyone. :D

DeletedUser7262

should have known they was going to nerf the attack building i was saving all my sports drinks for that reward lost internet and got it back just intime for that building won a few of them then i saw the attack boost is at 3 now

DeletedUser

This crap right here is why I stopped lurking on the forum (someone has to post from another type of playstyle :)). You are fully entitled to play however you want but don't assume everyone plays your way. It does depend on playstyle and age of player. There are many things better than SoK in this game. I am in OF and have only 3 of them and and Obelisk Garden which I only build for the looks. If there were 2*2 goods producing buildings or attack buildings I could fit into the areas I would delete my SoK happily. Oh and my Arc is only in the 40s and my Bazaars and Terrace Farms always are producing goods and never fps and I don't have wishing wells and I will probably delete Cape Canaveral in favour of some kind of special goods or attack buildings. Bring out the torches and pitchforks now everyone. :D

Yes, you are of course fully entitled to play your way :) I myself have had no goods producing building since PE (AF now), they need so much space and are way inefficient. I always wondered why people use terrace farms for producing anything other than FPs - maybe in OF that makes some sense, I may reconsider my point of view, if you please be so kind and explain why? And why not WWs? They give plenty of goods?

For now I would stick to my way, as I have inventory full of AF and even OF goods (not intended, actually), so I am pleased of how my way works for me.

DeletedUser7239

Not necessarily translatable in this instance. Since the game is owned by Inno, they have full control of the content. In addition, the GTC says that they are even allowed to completely end the games under their license(s) at any time at their discretion. So you could theoretically buy 10,000,000 diamonds worth of stuff, then the next day Inno ends FoE, and you wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on since there is no breach of contract. The question in a lawsuit if you were to bring one here would be whether or not a reduction in attack bonus from 5% to 3% is a cognizable tort. In all likelihood, the judge would rule that the in-game materials have no quantifiable value, therefore you have no case. The problem with your "kilo/half-kilo" analogy is that you're not buying a material good here; you're buying a service-specifically, entertainment. A better analogy would be if you bought tickets to see a baseball game, you take the whole family, then when you get there the star outfielder has been benched for the day so your kids don't get to see him play, and then the team loses on top of it. Disappointing, sure, but you can't sue to get the cost of your tickets back. Or another example, let's say you take your kids to see their favorite band, and it turns out the band sucks live. You can't sue on the basis of "this isn't what they sound like on the album".

I agree completely. I'm not saying the scenario I listed above is ethical. I'm just giving my best guess as to how a legal case would actually play out. You can't sue for a reduction in quality of a good that doesn't exist, especially when that "good" is completely at the discretion of the company per the GTC, which everyone playing the game must agree to in order to play it. It's a cruddy deal for the players but you're not going to get anywhere in a courtroom with it. The Oracle of Delphi fiasco was an excellent example of this. The owner of an intellectual property like a game can retroactively change it at their discretion, provided the contract between the entertainment provider and the customer doesn't prohibit it (which in this case it doesn't).

Thanks for your insight, i must conclude we (myself included) are very dumb persons to spend money on a game like this.
Lesson taken.

Aeshma

Merchant
Yes, you are of course fully entitled to play your way :) I myself have had no goods producing building since PE (AF now), they need so much space and are way inefficient. I always wondered why people use terrace farms for producing anything other than FPs - maybe in OF that makes some sense, I may reconsider my point of view, if you please be so kind and explain why? And why not WWs? They give plenty of goods?

For now I would stick to my way, as I have inventory full of AF and even OF goods (not intended, actually), so I am pleased of how my way works for me.

Past level 2 in GE I tend to do more negotiations than fights so that eats up a lot of goods. Also the Orichalcum gets rather expensive. I don't have time for questing so can't get goods like that. I like the terrace farms and bazaars because I don't have to pay for goods, only to produce them, which frees up a bit more of my city since I don't need so many houses and production buildings (can convert productions to gold/supplies for event quests too.) WW I may one day reconsider if the odds are better now for useful stuff but way back when I had a few they gave me mostly supplies or gold and were a waste of space.

How do you get your goods? I only recently got past 1000 of each of good and this only because I left my active guild so I could stop GE and rebuild my stock and finish research.

DeletedUser8150

Past level 2 in GE I tend to do more negotiations than fights so that eats up a lot of goods. Also the Orichalcum gets rather expensive. I don't have time for questing so can't get goods like that. I like the terrace farms and bazaars because I don't have to pay for goods, only to produce them, which frees up a bit more of my city since I don't need so many houses and production buildings (can convert productions to gold/supplies for event quests too.) WW I may one day reconsider if the odds are better now for useful stuff but way back when I had a few they gave me mostly supplies or gold and were a waste of space.

How do you get your goods? I only recently got past 1000 of each of good and this only because I left my active guild so I could stop GE and rebuild my stock and finish research.

Why are you negotiating so early? Bound to eat goods if you do.

Aeshma

Merchant
Lack of time means I have to auto battle mostly, also I don't have insane attack bonuses but I am working on that