• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Show Hall

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser5882

The lag is unbearable!
My GE battles have turned into slow motion picture show.

Aside from this aspect, I have a very negative opinion about an advertisement taking place right in the middle of the game! It kills the quality of the game before any other aspect. Consider placing it at the login window as an option before entering the game or the news image on the left. But please, NOT inside the game!

I understand that you are a business, but this method cheapens the quality of the game, and also makes the lags much much worse. :(

Miepie

Baronet
I think what was meant was you will not get a challenge to watch x ads. If you get an infiltrate challenge, and choose to watch an add to pay for the infiltration, then that is your choice, but not required by the challenge itself.

If those adds are used as alternatives for continent missions (or any mission) it is pure hypocrisy to say they are not required. Just be honest and admit you're gonna force this useless nonsens down our throaths because inno wants to make more mone. It is clear they find that more important than any negative impact on game performance and/or game enjoyment

DeletedUser1418

You have made reference to this concept before. I don't know where you are getting your information to form this opinion but it couldn't be farther from the truth. If anything the game is growing. In fact we just opened new worlds on several of the live servers to accommodate the number of players.

It is Dai... Dead. Dead and ruined when ads getting rolled out on live servers. InnoGames is following GoodGames... down the hill and in the drain. Opening new worlds does not mean the game is growing. New world = lack of new ideas, so lets start a new game!

It is growing in gigabytes however, will give you that credit!

DeletedUser8277

If anything the game is growing. In fact we just opened new worlds on several of the live servers to accommodate the number of players.
Not to be another thorn in your side Zarok. I know as always you are the messenger stuck on the receiving end of the complaints but if that is true, which I do believe it is as any public published information about FoE and Inno revenue seems to say it is, then why is this needed? If the players are already funding the game enough to allow for further growth than why upset them and turn attention to advertisers instead? Why the squeeze for every cent they can get out of every one of us?

This does not have the appearance of a company doing well financially with a strong interest in player relations, yet one desperate for every penny despite the effect on the actual product/game they are producing. Granted now that we are well beyond the future era (showing the interest and love for the game) we have needed to delve into fantasy land. However in the prior eras no one in the Iron Age was showing hotel service ads to their villagers. This is a move that spites the game and does not enhance it.

Also, I do know you're hard pressed answering everyones questions but if you're able I am very curious about the questions I asked earlier about the data on us being gathered by these advertisers via inno.

DeletedUser8872

All of the employees at InnoGames probably come with a very high salary demand like 6 or 7 figures if the money we are chucking at the game especially in the Events to get good stuff for our cities is not enough. I had one guy in my hood build 15 Pillar of Heroes and level each one of them up to level 7. That probably cost him more than 10 Grand for stuff he is just going to have to tear down later if he is still playing and that is just one person. There are lots of players who engage in this kind of spending on the game and do they get thanked for it. I doubt it. We are just handed one money making scheme after another. Folks this game is DEAD just playable DEAD. Only a matter of time before it won't exist. Every business that starts goes out of business sooner or later. That's the way it works. InnoGames knows they are in trouble and that their business is on the line and are grasping at straws on what to do about it when there is really nothing they can do about it.

DeletedUser7779

Is it possible to get any official word regarding the security of these ads? Even if the rewards were great to the point that everyone *wants* to watch ads, I'm not going to if doing so has a chance of installing anything on my PC. Is this something we need to be concerned with or not?
Exactly!!
And even if Inno could guarantee us that no malware can go through and that they won't share any info to third parties, I would not risk my privacy and my comp for 700 coins!

Personally speaking even if it gave 5 diamonds per ad i wouldn't use it, having been a victim of id theft the possibility of being hacked again makes this a complete no-no
Perhaps if everyone ignores it, it will disappear ..... zero clicks = zero revenue

Same. I watched the ad once for the purpose of testing but in no way I'm doing it again.
Inno's really crossed the line with this.....I personally feel very offended and disgusted. It's like giving us the players the leftovers from their feast.

DeletedUser8872

Absolutely agree zwucki. This so called feature is a prime target for hackers to attach malware viruses. Every game I have played online that had this feature in it led me to getting hacked. The last one was a city builder game and I opened up a video to watch one day and bam I got hit with a major malware device that destroyed everything on my PC. This hack was designed to steal personal information off a person's PC by deleting everything and moving it to wherever the hack was coming from and then the hacker could use the information to steal identity. Luckily for me I don't put personal information on my PC. My PC is a gaming computer and that is all I use it for but for others this is not the case. To stop the complete erasing of my PC I killed the power but the damage was done. I had to spend 2 days reinstalling everything from Windows to my games and that really made me angry so I walked away from the game that I got this from and I will do the same with FoE if so much as a twitch of my antivirus says I am being infected with malware.

qaccy

Emperor
I hate to assume as much, but the lack of response regarding the safety of this feature while continuing to respond to other comments has me thinking these ads are NOT guaranteed to be safe for viewing. Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to suspect that these ads have the possibility of doing things that you don't want them to be doing.

DeletedUser

Some of you have voiced concerns over the security of the ads, and how your private data is used, so I wanted to address these things for everyone.

First, as far as your private account data is concerned, nothing is ever shared anywhere in any way. Our privacy policies are very clear in protecting your private account information, and none of it is given to the ad providing companies.

It is also important to note that we have no access to anyone's browsing history, and your online activities in no way are used to determine what ads or content may be available to you. Your location (country) can influence the content, just as it does in many areas of the Internet, but that is the only thing specific to any player that is used.

Now, as to the concerns over potential malware and virus vulnerabilities. The ads themselves do not contain any malicious code. They are simply streamed videos like any others you might find on the web. They are also displayed in a secure frame as another measure of security. There is no greater risk than when watching a YouTube video.

The ads are provided by trusted partners with proven track records, that also take every step possible to ensure the ads pose no threats to you or your system.

I hope this helps address some of the concerns that have been posted. If anyone has any further questions please let us know.
Thank you :)

DeletedUser8048

HATE IT !! I don't watch commericals on TV, and I won't be hitting the show hall or any of the "View Ad" buttons. Really, Inno ? you don't generate enough income from diamond buyers? this is a stupid idea and I really really hope you won't throw it on the live servers

DeletedUser8872

Zarok doesn't understand the world of computer hacking. There is no lock that a determined thief can't pick. The only 100% way to stop folks from getting hacked by this is to throw it out the window. Do away with it but that can't be done now because deals and money exchanges to the 3rd party ads that are being hosted by the game have been made. Like it or not we are going to have to deal with this. The best way is to ignore it. Do not open the theater. Let it sit there and rot.

First, as far as your private account data is concerned, nothing is ever shared anywhere in any way. Our privacy policies are very clear in protecting your private account information, and none of it is given to the ad providing companies.

Let see your privacy policy...

3.3. Advertising by third parties, links to other websites, Google AdSense, Facebook button

3.3.1 From time to time, the website may also contain advertising by a third party and interactive links to third party Internet appearances for which InnoGames is not responsible. In particular, InnoGames has no influence on the content and design of the linked external pages or the Internet appearances which you reach via these pages. The relevant providers are exclusively responsible for the content and design of these Internet appearances as well as their compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.

3.3.2 The website uses Google AdSense, a web services provided by Google, through which third party advertisements are posted on the website. Within these advertisements, Google can post cookies on the user's hard drive in order to read out the data and can use web beacons (small, invisible graphic files) to collect information. Information created by the cookies and/or web beacons are transferred to a Google server in the USA and processed there.

3.3.3 Occasionally, the advertisers or companies use technologies through which advertisements appearing on the InnoGames page are sent directly to your browser, resulting in an automatic transfer of your IP address. The relevant advertisers or companies at times also use cookies as well as other technical means to measure their advertisements' efficiency or to improve their content. This particularly, but not exclusively, affects the allocation of Internet pages to certain interest categories according to your Internet use. In this context, no connection is created between this information and your name, address, telephone number or email address. InnoGames has no influence on this. Data handling by these third parties is therefore not included in this data protection declaration. You can deactivate the use of cookies in your browser settings (refer to clause 3.1). In addition you can prevent the collection of interest-related data and their categorisation by deactivation on www.google.com/privacy_ads.html.

3.3.6 We transfer your anonymized device ID
(IDentifier For Advertisers - IDFA or Google Advertiser ID - GAID) to some of our Marketing partners within or outside Europe (e.g. US) to generate advertisements for certain user groups with the help of our partners or to exclude certain user groups from special advertisements. The collection, storing and transfer of the device ID can at any time be disabled with effect for the future by adjusting the settings of your mobile device as set out under section § 3.5.

https://legal.innogames.com/foe/en/privacy

Last edited:

DeletedUser8872

Zarok is now just trying to dance around the issues with sanctimonious platitudes. Don't worry Zarok the fallout from all this will prove to InnoGames that they should have listened to their customers when their employees suddenly find themselves unemployed because the company went belly up. Its only a matter of time.

DeletedUser8262

Now, as to the concerns over potential malware and virus vulnerabilities. The ads themselves do not contain any malicious code. They are simply streamed videos like any others you might find on the web. They are also displayed in a secure frame as another measure of security. There is no greater risk than when watching a YouTube video.

I am fully aware of the risks involved which is why the computer i'm on has only ever visited FOE so why would i be happy to accept a greater risk of being hacked simply because IG wants more money.

I also read the privacy policy in which IG basically washes its hands of any responsibility for any external content it allows in and consequently i have asked for the removal of my credit card data from the FOE system, overkill?? possibly but i prefer safe to sorry