• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

clebert

Merchant
Very nice Mackie, thanks ! I saw you have Arc, you might be higher ages ,also saw
the black smiths ,part of your city destroyed to finish those ridiculous quests finish a
production xxx times.
Yaaaa Genius,Jokers or Maniacs ? 50 times 1 -hour productions ! bring this for FoE USA and i will quit !

clebert

Merchant
Oh lovely! Talk about Forge of Blacksmiths
50 times 1 hour production !!
Why we do need have the city destroyed during 1 month for finish that kind of quests?
Play in 9 worlds as i do, then you will understand me . I feel pit seeing my cities producing
nothing because all room taken by blacksmiths...

DeletedUser6908

I really hope that Observatory BPs are included in the Event prizes on the live servers. There are new worlds that have no Observatories to get BPs from.

DeletedUser5429

50 times 1 hour production
AND
30 times 5 minutes production

Hello Inno ???
*despair*

DeletedUser8769

For me also: 50 times 1 hour in the event, 12 times 8 hours as DC... tricky. Finally a true challenge ;-)

DeletedUser8341

I have already come to the conclusion that all 14% of the GBs that produce supplies are pointless because we need to have at leasr a dozen production buildings anyway.

But, really, FIFTY times one-hour productions is taking the piss. Even ignoring the multiple worlds, how many buildings is a player 'supposed' to have to deal with this? For someone with a life (e.g. working people .. the ones with most money, by the way) this is a ridiculous request, made even more nonsense for those with young cities that just don't have the size for all the temporary (read: unnnecessary, unwanted for good strategy) buildings.

DeletedUser7779

I have already come to the conclusion that all 14% of the GBs that produce supplies are pointless because we need to have at leasr a dozen production buildings anyway.

But, really, FIFTY times one-hour productions is taking the piss. Even ignoring the multiple worlds, how many buildings is a player 'supposed' to have to deal with this? For someone with a life (e.g. working people .. the ones with most money, by the way) this is a ridiculous request, made even more nonsense for those with young cities that just don't have the size for all the temporary (read: unnnecessary, unwanted for good strategy) buildings.
Absolutely agree!
Not to mention that same quest on live will be due on Dec 29. Yeah, we got nothing to do during the Xmas holidays but stay home and produce 1h productions over and over again...
Still, a little improvement since last year - the very same quest was on January 1st then. I didn't even bother completing it..

DeletedUser

no smart player ever built a GB because it gives supplies :rolleyes:
(supply not supply boost)

clebert

Merchant
I really hope that Observatory BPs are included in the Event prizes on the live servers. There are new worlds that have no Observatories to get BPs from.
Agree,brilliant idea. Also a terrace farm for the 4th level GE addicted as someone said here before

Keritan

Squire
Don't understand the complaint of 50 @1hr. It is doable. maybe not in 10 minutes(yes, I'm exaggerating) like many might want, but it is possible to complete in 1 day with only 5 production bldgs. And I wasn't logged on the whole time. It may take 1.5 day. so?, the quests stack. No one is going to lose anything.

It is a game, It isn't supposed to be super easy. Relax and enjoy.

DeletedUser8769

Don't understand the complaint of 50 @1hr. It is doable. maybe not in 10 minutes(yes, I'm exaggerating) like many might want, but it is possible to complete in 1 day with only 5 production bldgs. And I wasn't logged on the whole time. It may take 1.5 day. so?, the quests stack. No one is going to lose anything.

Yes, I agree, I could do it also within the day, even with the daily challenge of 12x 8 hours in parallel.
In general, most quests are too easily solved in my opinion. I appreciate quests that require some strategical thinking, even if it's only about how to find space for some more blacksmiths ;-)

DeletedUser8341

Logging in to tne game 10 times a day? Sure, for the unemployed or retired. For an active person with a life .. it is far too much.

As for the idea that finding space for more blacksmiths is "strategical thinking", I can only suggest a game or other activity with some true strategy to understand what stategic thinking really involves. "Tactical hacking" is a more appropriate way to describe messing up a city to fit blacksmiths that will be deleted the day after.

clebert

Merchant

I did finish in 2 hours here on Beta ,i work my friend, i have 2 hours available daily
to play in 9 worlds . In your example will spend 5 days to get that done . I will do on
real worlds what i did here, destroyed my city and built 30 black smith :)

DeletedUser8341

It is absolutely terrible that Forge of Empires is described as a strategy game yet the information necessary to determine strategy is not given.

The first two occasions that the Event comes up with wanting a technology to studied there are alternatives. Yet on New Year's Day, the Event requires a technology to be studied with no alternative!

This is absolutely terrible. A player going to a new age is a major step and needs proper planning and timing. The decision whether to go forward an age or not is even more important UP FRONT on an Event that is giving buildings as prizes, because it is ridiculous to go through most of an event picking up buildings which - right near the end of the event - become obsolete.

There is no strategy to this kind of play. That is why, for years before I even started playing, customers were asking for alternatives. It is why Inno said they had "listened to their customers" and would be providing alternatives in future. But now this!!

There is time for Inno to change their mind. If they don't, I suspect they will lose a lot of players who will go off in search of real strategy games.

clebert

Merchant
Yes, I agree, I could do it also within the day, even with the daily challenge of 12x 8 hours in parallel.
In general, most quests are too easily solved in my opinion. I appreciate quests that require some strategical thinking, even if it's only about how to find space for some more blacksmiths ;-)
My strategical thinking is just destroy my city and build 30 black smith, finish that stupid thing
in 2 hours. I don't understand why that anger,rage against the players.

clebert

Merchant
It is absolutely terrible that Forge of Empires is described as a strategy game yet the information necessary to determine strategy is not given.

The first two occasions that the Event comes up with wanting a technology to studied there are alternatives. Yet on New Year's Day, the Event requires a technology to be studied with no alternative!

This is absolutely terrible. A player going to a new age is a major step and needs proper planning and timing. The decision whether to go forward an age or not is even more important UP FRONT on an Event that is giving buildings as prizes, because it is ridiculous to go through most of an event picking up buildings which - right near the end of the event - become obsolete.

There is no strategy to this kind of play. That is why, for years before I even started playing, customers were asking for alternatives. It is why Inno said they had "listened to their customers" and would be providing alternatives in future. But now this!!

There is time for Inno to change their mind. If they don't, I suspect they will lose a lot of players who will go off in search of real strategy games.
Completely agree, not counting hundreds of players i know that chose stay at the same age until
lift important GBs. What they will do ? nothing,just will not finish the quest for a few stars . Let me
take the chance and tell all we understand FoE need sell diamonds, and is creating mini-events
one just after other , plus the mega events that lead you to nothing, as this Winter event. Suddenly
a FoE Genius created the sets, even killing traditional buildings as the confectionary update . Did
you realize the 9 pieces for the set in about 1 or 2 ages will be obsolete , the buildings will be deleted
and diamonds you spent are lost forever. What is the strategy enforcing players go to new age ,
or destroy the city to build black smith ? I do my part of players revenge, i am founder or leader
in 9 worlds, and i tell them if the final reward worth it or not. There are 600 players that follow me,
they tell to his friends,they buy no diamonds, this involves maybe around 3,000 players .
In this event i already said to them do not spend a cent buying diamonds to try complete a set,
save the stars for anything that they like as renew kit, rogue hideout,etc...
Is really time to Inno wake up , stop with "research a tech" or"gain control over a province"
on mini events with 10/12 quests, stop not giving options for those quests, stop with the ridiculous
quests to finish 50 times a production or so. Use imagination ,give something more hard than
that for players don't destroy a city or quit FoE !

DeletedUser5160

You're wasting your breath. We gave the same complaints during Halloween but it fell on deaf ears. Inno went back on the message they said about making the game more playable by offering alternatives that didn't forcefully drive the players in a certain play style.

I can bring up that article if you're curious.