• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Pafton

Viceroy
The event this year is much better than last year's. The 2016 Fall Event was way too complicated. I personally am glad that the Cornucopia was removed since that only added to the confusion. The baskets and lock mechanism was better explained in the announcement, though I have yet to observe the 3-day changing prizes.

One thing that put me off was the amount of apples available from trees. With a max. of 5 apples, we might as well remove them completely. A very minute difference would be felt. Inno has killed off the social interaction element from the event. But, to be the devil's advocate, I will argue that sometimes when you're just a few apples short of opening a basket these trees do help.

And, speaking of apple trees, how can we forget the furore over the visibility of apple trees. Inno seems to have addressed that concern quite aptly by adding some more graphics of baskets around the trees. I found them easier to spot.

In an earlier post, I already expressed my concern over Inno's growing greediness by releasing all event building upgrades at one time instead of spacing them out over the years. I adopted a line from that post as my motto and am proud to see Inno living up to it ;)

All in all, a good event, but most events aren't perfect, Inno really could do some improvising in some aspects and in controlling their greed.

podkap1970

Emperor
The event this year is much better than last year's. The 2016 Fall Event was way too complicated. I personally am glad that the Cornucopia was removed since that only added to the confusion.
better? not really, less confusion maybe
the prices in both baskets are not even close to be intersting, they could remove it too,
when you play the game some time, you have plenty of 1 up kits, reno kits (no use for those anyway),
- BPs ? well there is an Arc, even low era players have a high lvl Arc already,
- Boost Crate ?, the only interesting part in a boost crate is maybe tha attack bonus, the rest ?, sorry, trash in my inventory,
- 2 obs BPs, well thats ok, if still someone needs it,
- Victory Tower, well medals coming from the Arc too, no need
- Store Building, well i don't know how often you guys put something in your inventory, and with the GE you could have plenty of those too already, not spending apples for this ...
- 20 FPs are the best for me, but i'm not spending apples to buy FPs ....

this event needs a new price inside the baskets, a new fresh price, a new created one, otherwiese you can remove those 2 baskets next/this year

and i understand there was no SoK in the baskets, so thats ok for me
and maybe don't bring a Hall of Fame at the beginning (2nd day?) as today's special price, i know it won't come again, like the other events, little sad

Pafton

Viceroy
Yes, the prizes are crap, much of the things the existing players have in hordes. The prices also for the chests have increased making them unreasonable and the diamond costs are as usual, exorbitantly unreasonable.

Lionhead

Baronet
better? not really, less confusion maybe
the prices in both baskets are not even close to be intersting, they could remove it too,
when you play the game some time, you have plenty of 1 up kits, reno kits (no use for those anyway),
- BPs ? well there is an Arc, even low era players have a high lvl Arc already,
- Boost Crate ?, the only interesting part in a boost crate is maybe tha attack bonus, the rest ?, sorry, trash in my inventory,
- 2 obs BPs, well thats ok, if still someone needs it,
- Victory Tower, well medals coming from the Arc too, no need
- Store Building, well i don't know how often you guys put something in your inventory, and with the GE you could have plenty of those too already, not spending apples for this ...
- 20 FPs are the best for me, but i'm not spending apples to buy FPs ....

this event needs a new price inside the baskets, a new fresh price, a new created one, otherwiese you can remove those 2 baskets next/this year

and i understand there was no SoK in the baskets, so thats ok for me
and maybe don't bring a Hall of Fame at the beginning (2nd day?) as today's special price, i know it won't come again, like the other events, little sad

I know you haven´t mentioned anything about the greed of Inno, but others certainly have.
But by this post, talk about greed.
So nothing in the basket is worth anything to you?
What do you want? 6 prizes which all are useful to you? Giving you what then will be a 100% succesrate for obtaining something useful?
That´s really not how these lenghty events works. Never has, and hopefully never will.
I have been playing since october 2013, and I can still use 1 up Kits, and Reno-kits. I do have HoF´s in my city.
And while there may not be many other useful things for me, I can tell you there´s quite a few players in my guild, which could find use for most of the things in the 135 apple basket.
Most of the SoK´s, Rogue Hideout´s, HoF´s etc. I have (and probably you too), has come thanks to these events. Now you want to deprive new players of the same possibilities by having the basket removed? No thanks.

podkap1970

Emperor
well you know, i got plenty of reno kits already, same with 1up kits, and i have only 5 Hall of Fames and 1 champions retreat maybe i need to upgrade, what else do you need to upgrade please ?
since a era takes many months now to get a new one, i just got plenty of those upgrade items i can't use sorry (17 OneUpKit, 25 RenoKit,12 Store building), and not using it on a SoK, to get more coins ....
yes you are right, for new players it might be intersting, but i say no, because of those many events we have in the last 12 months, every player have plenty of everything
and i talked/asked for one new item in the baskets, this can't be hard, so every player maybe get happy ? not only the new players ?
the baskets needs a new price for every player, not only for beginners, its just a slap into our face

oh yes we got a upgraded Cider Mill, they aren't bad, but just nothing in the baskets :)

vesgouo

Baronet
Wishing Well on 1st day.
Shrine of Knowledge on 2nd Day.

The two best prizes of the event are placed in the first two days, when no one has apples, making players rush to accomplish the maximum of missions in the first day (afraid that it will be a unique apparition) instead of really enjoying the event (which will almost a month). I sincerely hope that these prizes will reappear.

About the CIDER MILL:

It is a UNIQUE building.
And you need the injection of 3 upgrades to become ..... worse than 3 Shrines :confused:.

The best thing you can get out of it is FP.
And it produces LESS FP than 3 Shrines, occupying more space, without producing the coins that the shrine produces, and to make matters worse it can be plundered.

UNIQUE, event building, should be something that's really worth having in the city.
Something different.
He is UNIQUE, I will not be able to fill the city with him.

DeletedUser8471

Wishing Well on 1st day.
Shrine of Knowledge on 2nd Day.

The two best prizes of the event are placed in the first two days, when no one has apples, making players rush to accomplish the maximum of missions in the first day (afraid that it will be a unique apparition) instead of really enjoying the event (which will almost a month). I sincerely hope that these prizes will reappear.

About the CIDER MILL:

It is a UNIQUE building.
And you need the injection of 3 upgrades to become ..... worse than 3 Shrines :confused:.

And it produces LESS FP than 3 Shrines, occupying more space, without producing the coins that the shrine produces, and to make matters worse it can be plundered.

UNIQUE, event building, should be something that's really worth having in the city.
Something different.
He is UNIQUE, I will not be able to fill the city with him.

This is actually a good point. SoKs are something that is available at nearly every event, whereas buildings like the Cider Mill or the Rosarium only come around once a year. Why shouldn't they offer up more of a reward? And not just the fps generated, but all the other productions as well.

They should most certainly be made to have more of a benefit to them than other buildings like SoKs or even Terrace Farms. Make them be more viable to actually fill our city with instead of what you see with all the top ranking players, filling their cities with SoK and TFs.

Eventually all the special event buildings are going to be demolished and replaced with buildings that offer better rewards for their space, because when it comes down to it Space is the number 1 resource in the game and the hardest to utilize to the fullest.

DeletedUser

It is a UNIQUE building.
it is better than the terrace farm

and if you have 150 SoK you will be happy about any FP building that doesn't need an aid :p

SoKs are something that is available at nearly every event
and it is hard work: every day aiding all
and at some point you won't get all your SoK motivated every day

so what will you do when you have an average of 10 SoK not motivated every day ?

it isn't unique

soon you will get the chance to win it or an upgrade in the daily challenge

later maybe in other events

so UNIQUE doesn't exist anymore
only the question: when will it be available again ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8341

About the CIDER MILL:

It is a UNIQUE building.

A Bountiful Cider Mill produces 3FP per day, equal to three SoKs but taking up less space and probably less road. It has greater flexibility of production, will not produce both coins and FP at the same time, will provide slightly greater population.

The Cider Mill, in all variations, is fairly well balanced and players can decide which version of it they prefer as their city develops. You should not expect every new building to be amazingly better than anything before it. If Inno got onto that path, they would wreck the game within a year.

DeletedUser5097

Yeah, why compare every fp-producing event building with the strongest fp-producing event building? It's
like compare the SoK with the AO gb or the cape... or in RL comparing the price of gold with diamonds,
comparing something good and expansive with perhaps one of the most expansive things. Just because
not everything is as powerfull as a SoK makes the SoK so strong.;)
I know you haven´t mentioned anything about the greed of Inno, but others certainly have.
But by this post, talk about greed.
So nothing in the basket is worth anything to you?
What do you want? 6 prizes which all are useful to you? Giving you what then will be a 100% succesrate for obtaining something useful?
That´s really not how these lenghty events works. Never has, and hopefully never will.
I have been playing since october 2013, and I can still use 1 up Kits, and Reno-kits. I do have HoF´s in my city.
And while there may not be many other useful things for me, I can tell you there´s quite a few players in my guild, which could find use for most of the things in the 135 apple basket.
Most of the SoK´s, Rogue Hideout´s, HoF´s etc. I have (and probably you too), has come thanks to these events. Now you want to deprive new players of the same possibilities by having the basket removed? No thanks.
Strongly agreed, not every one has a large amount of kits in stock, especialy the new players
how just started. What is usefull and not depends heavy on each player, for example for many
are SoK the best building in the entire game, for others it's not even close to a good building
and for example find the bazaar or oasis the best.;) Making all this wishes comes true for
every player is impossible.:p As Lionhead pointed out with the kits.

podkap1970

Emperor
you both miss the point drakenidder and Lionhead

there should be atleast one price for everyone needs (in one of the baskets), not only for beginners
just a new created item, and everyone is happy, well not everyone, but atleast a better try as it now

qaccy

Emperor
you both miss the point drakenidder and Lionhead

there should be atleast one price for everyone needs (in one of the baskets), not only for beginners
just a new created item, and everyone is happy, well not everyone, but atleast a better try as it now

You can't use FP? That's probably the best catch-all they could have put in the basket, but arguing over what's 'useful' and not is highly dependent on each of us. What's considered 'useful' to you (and since you're complaining, I'm skeptical of what you would consider as such) could be completely useless to me, and vice-versa. FP at least can always be used on GBs, which are an important part of the game no matter what stage you're in.

DeletedUser8471

A Bountiful Cider Mill produces 3FP per day, equal to three SoKs but taking up less space and probably less road. It has greater flexibility of production, will not produce both coins and FP at the same time, will provide slightly greater population.

I would like to know how you did your math here to figure that out.

Bountiful cider mill: 3fp/day takes up 15 squares.
3 SoK = 3fp/day(+coins) takes up 12 squares.

podkap1970

Emperor
and how many street-squares do you need for 3 SoK? :) @Mek2

no idea why you think i can't use FP @qaccy, for me are those baskets not worth a single apple, sorry
you can buy as many lower baskets which you did open, as you want :)
maybe i can say, the lower openend baskets are not worth a single apple, better ? :)
also because the price of those items are overpriced, for me atleast

so my luck will go to the today's special

i only tried to say, that those lower baskets are not worth the apples this year

DeletedUser8471

So I did a little experiment on FoE manager, turns out they equal out space wise with the inclusion of roads. However, if you can effeciently find a way to place the fully upgraded cider mills they would save a small amount of squares worth of space each.

I'm curious to see how the other fp producing buildings match up as well.

DeletedUser8273

There is a small problem for bronze age players. they can not donate 300, ..., 900 good to a Guild Treasury. And they also can not donate to Guild any goods above their era

DeletedUser8316

This event was pretty much a giant waste of time compared to last year. Shrine was never a locked prize so you couldn't buy them with apples. As for the prizes, most are worthless crap you can get in GE or other ways. In reality, for the vast majority of players, SoK is the only good prize to get.

Cider mill is a poor man's Terrace Farm I guess... it gives half the goods and just over half the FPs. Inno has gotten way too stingy on SoKs.

As for the prizes overall:
Boost crates are complete junk. Having them as a daily prize and/or locked prize is some kind of sick joke.

Cider Mill as a daily prize is just a slap in the face since you get one after 10 quests and you can only upgrade 1 all the way given the lack of apples.

Having 5 blueprints and 2 Obs prints as a locked prize is also a sick joke.

Victory Towers rank right up there with Face of the Ancient for useless crap.

All in all, we end up with an inventory of crap we will never build or use.

Forge Points are king .. and now that they screwed up in the past and let older players get hundreds of SoKs... they've decided no one else is going to get that kind of deal again.

Last edited by a moderator:

podkap1970

Emperor
if we are lucky (irony incoming!) we get 4 days long Cider Mill as today's special, like confectionary in the winter event :)

jtrucker

Baronet
You actually get two cider mills (one after first and one after third series of quests. And everyone will get minimum of 4 upgrades - one after each second and third series of quests and 2 as grand prize which everyone will reach if you finish all three lines and if you motivate/collect apple trees daily. Trust me, everyone will.
You MIGHT get lucky and got third grand prize but I seriously doubt anyone would get that without diamonds, the math simply doesn't add up and you MIGHT get lucky to win more upgrades as daily special as well as more cider mills.

jtrucker

Baronet
And here is a constructive feedback for the Devs, but it is too late, sorry about that. But you might use this message for next event with "around the city" collection of something:
It is very inconvenient and on laptop with touchpad instead of mouse right down annoying to have to move the cursor from clicking at the item (apple trees in this case) down to the middle of screen. It was mentioned at the new quest design as annoying to confirm quest cancelation in the middle of screen, but here it is much worse (clicking at the "OK" button), because of the amount of trees to click at in "all corners" of the screen. The confirmation windows SHOULD disappear when you click anywhere outside the window without moving the cursor on the OK button (same as any other message window or the tavern window does = this part of the code already exists, it just wasn't implemented at this particular window, which is pity...)