• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Arctic Future - Part 4

Artubar

Baronet
@Behemoth / Force Field: Is this applying to all own units within the 12 fields range around the Behemoth unit (and stacking in the intersection of 2+ units)?
The the term Force Field implies this at least - if yes, this can be a great new tactical twist! :)
(if no - it's just a degraded reactive armor??)
Can anyone already answer this question? Thanks!

DeletedUser

you guys have a good fantasy

there is no word in the description that says that it will apply to other units
or do you see the "to all friendly units" what other units have (champions, drummer,..)

it is simply a -1 on the damage that that unit gets

it's just a degraded reactive armor
exactly

Artubar

Baronet
Thanks KBE - I already feared that answer... will test-drive the new units with a few free samples from GE/treasure hunt when hitting the live worlds, but can't see any real use for them right now.
@Inno - what's the reason for bringing new units which can't compete with existing ones in most cases?
(Can only judge from the live servers up to AF-III by now [cleared the whole AF continental map with 99.5% FE units], but the known stats of the new ones are keeping my hopes quite low..)

qaccy

Emperor
Thanks KBE - I already feared that answer... will test-drive the new units with a few free samples from GE/treasure hunt when hitting the live worlds, but can't see any real use for them right now.
@Inno - what's the reason for bringing new units which can't compete with existing ones in most cases?
(Can only judge from the live servers up to AF-III by now [cleared the whole AF continental map with 99.5% FE units], but the known stats of the new ones are keeping my hopes quite low..)

Agree that the new units are underwhelming, but perhaps they'll be retuned if we provide enough feedback (like the dragon drone was).

The main things I'll say about Plasma Artillery are that first, it should have a bonus against ranged units instead of light (already stated this once) to keep in line with every unit in an age having weaknesses to two other units. Right now Dragon Drones have an unfavorable matchup against every other AF unit except for Recon Raiders, and one of their bonuses (artillery) is cancelled out by both Rail Guns and Plasma Artillery having a bonus against light units. Rail Guns get a half pass due to being a different age, but same-age units should not cancel each other out like this. Plasma has the blast ability, so it would seem that they're designed to counter Hover Tanks (goes with the heavy bonus) and Surrogate Soldiers (have stealth). There needs to be a ranged bonus here, not a light one! Secondly, I don't feel like it's strong enough to warrant using over Rail Guns. Perhaps there could be some dev insight here on how they feel PGs compare to RGs? In a perfect world we could all just give up our rails, but we all know that isn't going to happen unless we're forced to do so and there's no place in game where that's happening. So what makes them worth training/using?

The Behemoth, on the other hand, I'm not sure what to do with. It's an interesting idea, but I don't think a Rail Gun is going to care about that force field very much and these things aren't moving around very quickly. If the force field could reduce an attack's damage to 0 it could be great, but unfortunately I can't come up with a solution for the situation of two low-health behemoth units blasting each other endlessly for 0 damage each turn.

DeletedUser7649

Two questions of clarification on teh gb:

1. If you have DT and aid with that boost, can you get the good from DT AND a prize from seed vault boost?
2. Is this only from aiding or does SV work on plundering as well? (Better be plundering or I just built a Voyager for nothing)

Can anyone shed some light on the impact of DT and Voyager boosts and SV boost?

qaccy

Emperor
Can anyone shed some light on the impact of DT and Voyager boosts and SV boost?

I don't see why there'd be any concern over conflicting bonuses. Just like BPs, I would assume it's another seperate event and can have them all occur at once.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
and what about promethium and guild goods use?
What about all of the Arctic Future goods in the guild treasury? Is there going to be any use for those besides opening up the third level of GE?
With the 4 Parts of Arctic Future this is the current use of Arctic Future goods from the guild treasury - unlocking the last difficulty in Guild Expeditions. If and what might be added in the future will come with new game content.

@Behemoth / Force Field: Is this applying to all own units within the 12 fields range around the Behemoth unit (and stacking in the intersection of 2+ units)?
The the term Force Field implies this at least - if yes, this can be a great new tactical twist! :)
As someone mentioned above, it applies only to the Behemoth unit itself. It will decrease the damage it is meant to receive by 1, up to a minimum of one. So if the enemy unit is meant to do 3 damage to the Behemoth, it will do 2 instead. If it's meant to do 1 damage, it will still do that 1 damage.

why do i get the impression that the new AF artillery is somehow weaker than the railgun from FE?
Why does the Plasma Artillery have a bonus against heavy and LIGHT units? Dragon Drones have a bonus against artillery units. Unit bonuses should not cancel each other out like this when they're the same age. To keep the pattern with other AF units, Plasma should be boosted against heavy and RANGE units (this also goes with their ability to counter stealth, which surrogates have, with their blast ability). Can this be addressed?
Unit stats, just like building stats and everything else is not necessarily final. The balancing of content is done based on feedback and analysis from Beta. So if you feel certain aspects need an upgrade or a downgrade, point them out and it'll be taken into consideration. :)

I want to know what are the possible resources you can get from the new GB? Coin, supplies, goods - FP/unattached/medals/diamonds???
The new GE provide also diamonds when it is assist? If so, how much?
Possible rewards are similar to those you can receive from the Wishing Well. I believe the only item that is excluded are the FPs (so you can get everything but FPs) but I'm not 100% sure. Will double check.

Any reason why we can't explore until we've conquered each province? At the end of an age, concurrent explore and conquer should be happening.
All provinces have different requirements that must be met before you can scout them. In various cases (not just in Arctic Future) to move to the next province you must complete all your open provinces.

1. If you have DT and aid with that boost, can you get the good from DT AND a prize from seed vault boost?
2. Is this only from aiding or does SV work on plundering as well? (Better be plundering or I just built a Voyager for nothing)
1. Yes, the two bonuses are different and they do not cancel out in any way.
2. Only aiding. The bonus is 'Helping Hands' so it's only intended to work when you're helping out others.

urine luck

Baronet
initial impressions of the two new units is they are both weaker/less useful than railgun.

the painfully slow loading and navigation of the military window is still preventing me from enjoying gvg. an easy fix would be for the window to remember which era was loaded before the window was closed

clebert

Merchant
i was waiting arctic part 3 to get some usefull military units , but nothing . Is frustrating still need use railgun from one age down
can someone tell me about the 2 new units from part 4 ? move,range,attack,defense .

DeletedUser7649

Anyone know if the boosts are age dependent for the new gb? i.e. different amounts of coins/supplies for aiding an Arctic building as opposed to a Prog era one?

DeletedUser5097

i was waiting arctic part 3 to get some usefull military units , but nothing . Is frustrating still need use railgun from one age down
can someone tell me about the 2 new units from part 4 ? move,range,attack,defense .
Stats without bonus:
This?
Plasmaeenheid.png
Superzwareeenheidinfo.png
So far I tested the new artillery, by the winter event. Is this unit more like
a common support unit. It does have a long range, ignore stealth, but not
much special unlike the realgun how blast heavy armors away (ignore the
reactive armor and deal huge damage).
I don't know much about the new heavy unit, but from what I did hear is that
the skill Force field is a downgrade of the reactive armor, but I'm not sure what
this thing can do since I doesn't own this thing and GE and the event give only
the battle fortress, so far.
Anyone know if the boosts are age dependent for the new gb? i.e. different amounts of coins/supplies for aiding an Arctic building as opposed to a Prog era one?
Some outputs;
I got this morning:
  • 4 of each goods of my era(x2)
  • 18700 supplies (x2)
  • 24500 coins (x2)
  • 280 medals
From this topic. If I read this I don't think that the age of a building affect
the output.:)

DeletedUser

Had the hope that with Arctiv 4 we finally get rid of those silly 20 recurrent quests

- that only cost additional time during collecting.

When will Inno decide to return to those recurrent quests that makes sense?

If I wish to play a Klick-Game, it wouldn't be Foe LOL

DeletedUser5097

they are both just too weak in defense. the behemoth with 200 defense might then become the superior unit you would expect a behemoth to be.
I agree, the unit have the name of a huge beast. More defense would be great
for it, since the battlefortress have already a strong reactive armor.
Maybe a suggestion that this thing have 1-2 extra life points from itself. Simelar
with the drummer, but only for itself and not for another units. Maybe even a
simelar skill as the power shot, but instead of ignore defense stuff ignore offensive
stuff, ignore offensive terrain bonus. Another suggestion can by that it support
friendly units if the are close to it. What was expected by Exegghead.

Stingy

Squire
I hope that the stats for the third AF GB will be upgraded on the live servers. The return is at this moment way too low for the investment players do.
I read someone suggesting at minimum 10% chance and increasing with 1% for every level you increase a level. Maybe this is a good starting point

DeletedUser5653

Can anyone upload picture of the new map? I'd like to know, if there is any expansion as a reward.

DeletedUser5429

I hope that the stats for the third AF GB will be upgraded on the live servers. The return is at this moment way too low for the investment players do.
I read someone suggesting at minimum 10% chance and increasing with 1% for every level you increase a level. Maybe this is a good starting point
Well, that would be far too much!
Imagine, a level 60 Seed Vault would get you 70% chance of getting something!
If you have 60 guildmates, 70 neighbours and 80 friends, that would give you 147 rewards. Every day!!!

DeletedUser4285

So plasma artillery only truly beats a railgun in a sense that it hits every turn?
is there anything else special about it?

DeletedUser7495

Can someone explain why Sea-scraper gives less population per tile than Crystal villas? Almost 280 per tile from See-scraper against 380 per tile from Crystal villa