• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Please remove 2000 cap on militairy

• Thread starter DeletedUser1418
  • Start date

DeletedUser1418

It is unfair... you cant distinguish between units because there are so many, now you cap the max. I've asked before to swith the golden band to normal units, so you can use units u train.
All investments of the past are now worthless. Missions cant be completed due to this cap

Please re-consider, as such moves will only make the game less appealing, and force people to quit due to new "handicap-rules"

DeletedUser2752

From what I have heard from the EN server, the main reason the devs are doing this is because army management and the game performance will slow. If they could find a fix for this, I would assume they would lift this limit.

In saying this, you have to note that if you're not using the units, why would the limit affect you (other than recruitment quests which I will need to check up on), or in other words how fast would you spend 2000 units? (Including the gain from Alcatraz + military buildings). Even with a level 16 Alcatraz, it would take over 140 days to reach the limit in the first place and even spending 64 units every day (eight armies in GvG every day), it would take 2000/(64-14) = 40 days to deplete all your units (and the more military buildings you have, the longer it would take to deplete them).

Note I am not 100% for it, but it has to be done at least for now.

DeletedUser

yes I know first hand that it is a pain to have more than 2500 units (i already have so much :p)

but I thought some time they find a good solution to improve the speed
like a new and improved army management

the idea of the cap is the worst solution I can imagine :eek:

maybe thinking before introducing new UNLIMITED things
at some point unlimited can become very large :p

like the 400 billion ranking points of the guy with now level 70 Alcatraz on the french server number (fr5 for those who wants to look)
for him it will take a month to reach 2000 ;)

and unfortunately this years winter quests will end for me when the recruiting quests comes (and that is AFTER the update) :mad:
I will then ask the support to finish the quest for me: but I will sure don't delete so many units to get below 2000

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi47

Overlord
yes I know first hand that it is a pain to have more than 2500 units (i already have so much :p)
and unfortunately this years winter quests will end for me when the recruiting quests comes (and that is AFTER the update) :mad:
I will then ask the support to finish the quest for me: but I will sure don't delete so many units to get below 2000

@Inno: VERY URGENT request (implement before the cap hits the live servers!!): A unit cap can seriously affect gameplay - this happens at the point when a quest to recruit units will come. So please alter the quests so that quests, which asks to recruit units are instantly completed when the cap is reached. Example: Make (or silently imply) "Have 2000 units OR recruit 5 units" instead of "recruit 5 units".

More suggestions:
* PLEASE implement the "show only attached/unattached units" filter already! IIRC this has been promised to come "soon" more than one year ago
* Please add tooltips which say how many units of the "mouseover'ed" type (broken down to attached and unattached units) and how many units you have in total.
* maybe - when you have thousands of units - the army management might be faster if the army management comes with pages (like the message window and the event history) instead of a scrollbar? In this case, show unattached (and such which are not injured) units on the first page - or implement the unattached/attached units filter.

DeletedUser1418

From what I have heard from the EN server, the main reason the devs are doing this is because army management and the game performance will slow. If they could find a fix for this, I would assume they would lift this limit.

In saying this, you have to note that if you're not using the units, why would the limit affect you (other than recruitment quests which I will need to check up on), or in other words how fast would you spend 2000 units? (Including the gain from Alcatraz + military buildings). Even with a level 16 Alcatraz, it would take over 140 days to reach the limit in the first place and even spending 64 units every day (eight armies in GvG every day), it would take 2000/(64-14) = 40 days to deplete all your units (and the more military buildings you have, the longer it would take to deplete them).

Note I am not 100% for it, but it has to be done at least for now.

It affects also the building menu... i cant enter it directly to add forge to the levels. That's for one. There are other ways to save people's excess without slowing game performance... We do have inventories, and instead of trying to show all 2000, use one icon and put a number on it to show how many you have.

How on earth do I know how many I have? I've been testing for over 2 years now...

Please remove this unfair cap, or find another way. ;)

Andi47

Overlord
It affects also the building menu... i cant enter it directly to add forge to the levels. That's for one. There are other ways to save people's excess without slowing game performance... We do have inventories, and instead of trying to show all 2000, use one icon and put a number on it to show how many you have.

That sounds like a great idea!! :cool: Instead of showing a row of umpteen units of the same type, show for every type:
* a pile of attached units (if at least one available) - together with the number of available units of this type (write the number in a similar way as in the inventory)
* a pile of unattached units (if at least one available) - together with the number of available units of this type
* the injured units of this type. It i not necessary to single them out - maybe a pile each for units with one, two, three, etc. hitpoints missing. (or better one pile each for attached and unattached units for every number of missing hitpoints)

I think that even after fighting through a few sectors of GvG (and thus having umpteen injured units) there will be no need to display 2500 or more unit-icons in the army management.

How on earth do I know how many I have? I've been testing for over 2 years now...

I just counted them on de.Houndsmore (and probably miscounted a few times), I currently have ~941 units. With your idea it would be MUCH easier to stay informed, how many units are available, and it would definitly solve the performance problem, which currently occurs with too many units - and it would also solve the problem that it is *very* hard to find attached units in a sea of unattached units of the same type.

DeletedUser

OK, lets review,
Problem: The army management window may have issues with 1000s of troops displayed as it currently is? Let's fix it somehow!
Fix: cap units to 2000/2500 units. horay, we're done!

THAT is unimaginative AGAIN. Same with the numerous complains about the aid system... It's not thought-out.

A little imagination used could help here, here's a simpler way that does not colide with unit numbers:
You have 6 units + 6 Unattached PER AGE
1. heavy
2. light
3. fast
4. ranged
5. artillery
6. champions

+ 6x same units above, unattached.
So that's a total of 12 tiles per age that you need.
Use those 12 tiles and stick a number of units on the tile somewhere
ie. a tile that shows a Grenadier (Colonial Heavy) unit, with a number 1000 in it, would mean you have 1000 heavy units of that specific type

When units are damaged then put them on the end of the list, they shouldn't be a problem. You can even tally up those units as well, since each unit only really has 9 states of damage (+1 of fully healed) to a total of 10 "states" per unit.

So you have 12 Eras, times 12 tiles (fully healed) that's a total of 144 tiles + two more for rogues, a grand total of 146 tiles.
Tada! that fixes it, and with this little bit more imagination there will be no need to put caps, and no complaints. period.

Please please PLEASE use a little bit of ingenuity and creativity when introducing new stuff or 'fixing' (see breaking) old stuff Inno.
Thanks

DeletedUser1418

I've received several mails about this forum post ingame from people not registered to the forum, experiencing this problem. Some has addressed the dev's (support) about this serious issue.

I'm not gonna fill in a form to explain this error. It's common sense, especially since the technology to count exists in our inventories and Flash is known to behave slow when you slap on some more icons or eye-candy.
- Why do you need to show off all icon's if 146 max is needed?
- Why always choosing a solution that never benefits your customers?
- How many units must I delete, and how many do I have?
- Are you seriously thinking I'm gonna delete or destroy units at 50 diamonds a piece?

Really, instead of writing out a 4 day competition to proof bugs and collect 50 diamonds, read this forum. The game is now stuck, I lost 50 units now for not being able to recruit or collect, and future missions won't complete.

Pretty much game over I think?

DeletedUser

I have a good idea to improve performance across the board. Reduce arbitrary big numbers. Player points for example can easily be reduced a lot, this has no impact on gameplay.

conqueror9

Regent
As i suggest in the WISH

allow player to dispose army into Guild Treasure
it will relief the pressure of player army pool

the limitation is no good for GvG active player
as far as i know
some player turn his city into sea of Barrack in EMA, then
fight in EMA GvG
later
he go to play HMA
heturn his city into sea of Barrack in HMA, then
fight in HMA GvG
...etc
he is jumping to help various GVG "era" in guild

the limitation will be a diaster to active GvG player

as i suggest
donate soldier to guild treasure
it will reduce army hold by player
player only keep soldiers that he need to attack
excess army can be placed in guild treasure for future defending army

RedRed

Viceroy
So change the army managment system; stack units by type, separate piles for unattached, sort by heal status and add the number of the units on the top of the pile - easy and fast to handle); and you can add a checkbox to have the view as it is now, if someone wants to see all the units separated.

If the cap limit is removed from the live update I guess the change of the army management can be scheduled for the 1.42/1.43 version, meanwhile who has more than 2k troops can survive with some lags and you avoid spread complaints. :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser2752

If the cap limit is removed from the live update I guess the change of the army management can be scheduled for the 1.42/1.43 version, meanwhile who has more than 2k troops can survive with some lags and you avoid spread complaints. :p
Actually it isn't just lags, the army management and even the game in general would not load for them (which was why this immediate cap was instituted). Stacking would need a completely different code as each unit is unique, and that would take time when the situation had to be dealt with for now.
Please note that there are a very few people with at 2000 units to begin with since most people use them during battles (GvG, PvP, campaign). I am not saying that this is an okay reason to now have a cap, but it is really only affecting those who are farming units for months.

DeletedUser

If they could find a fix for this, I would assume they would lift this limit.

The players figured out solutions to it, in a matter of minutes. Finding a fix isn't the problem, finding devs who care about the players and the quality of the product they put out, now that is the problem!

DeletedUser1264

maybe THINKING before introducing unlimited things
at some point unlimited can become very large :p

Indeed. Maybe introducing THINKING prior to introducing changes would be a good move. Especially prior to changes no one is asking for.

We do have inventories, and instead of trying to show all 2000, use one icon (for each type of unattached unit) and put a number on it to show how many you have.

Sounds like an excellent plan that would solve several problems at once.

DeletedUser1418

I can't complete nor continue the game unless I delete units I paid for... this really sucks!!!

I will only delete if I get 50 diamonds per unit...

DeletedUser1418

Please note that there are a very few people with at 2000 units to begin with since most people use them during battles (GvG, PvP, campaign).

I seriously don't care about this statement. You can't punish people by implementing unfair rules or restrictions... especially where you pay for things. This should have been discussed before implementing it. Trust me, the servers will be extremely mad when this goes live, and I sure as hell will demand immediate action.

I'm not able to play the game now... I'm one of the few who are punished, in a very unfair way.

DeletedUser2752

I seriously don't care about this statement. You can't punish people by implementing unfair rules or restrictions... especially where you pay for things.
Did you not read the next (bolded part of the) sentence? :p

I'm not able to play the game now... I'm one of the few who are punished, in a very unfair way.
There were also people with more than 2000 units before you couldn't log into the game (which is legitimately not being able to play the game) which was why the cap was implemented in the first place. I do not know how long this cap (or the way the army management feature is currently working) will last, but I personally hope something is done soon

DeletedUser1418

Did you not read the next (bolded part of the) sentence? :p

There were also people with more than 2000 units before you couldn't log into the game (which is legitimately not being able to play the game) which was why the cap was implemented in the first place. I do not know how long this cap (or the way the army management feature is currently working) will last, but I personally hope something is done soon

I did read... i just don't understand how you can be okay with a patch not solving a problem for 2k+, the same group who apparently complained not being able to log-on. I never had log-in problems, even with the "excess".

Now apparently they solved an unannounced problem, created a new problem and put my game (and others) to a complete halt as I'm unable to recruit, finish side missions, having a persistant golden crate without being able to collect, not able to finish continent as I'm not allowed to recruit the required units. This is a serious problem, and I'm being denied to play the game 100%

I'm completely stuck, and as previously stated... they are using the stack method in the inventories, and capping and limiting ain't solving problems, they just get worce.

DeletedUser1418

PS: Army management is still as slow as a snail... takes about 5 - 15 sec to respond to a click in some cases in a fresh session.... on Beta (with a lot fewer people than US or UK). Surely this forthcoming update will aggravate a lot of players world wide when they realize they get robbed in stead of served ;)