• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Feedback Update 1.40

DeletedUser4254

This aid system is good but a half-baked one as always been the case with Inno ...so many good things are being spoilt bcoz of trying to hurrying it up and releasing it on the live servers even before its fully ready ... This is just another case ... Nobody and I mean nobody in their right sense would want their decos to be polished ...its an optional stuff just for those hunting BPs and for the owner its just to add that tiny bit of missed happiness for a cheaper resource instead of building a huge CB saving huge space in the city to build better buildings... Some players (mainly the higher level players) do not wish to be polished but instead would need motivation in their city to move ahead ... there are many players on the live servers who still have previous age buildings which gives more output than the current age buildings ... This aid button is only going to throw away all that ... This can only be really good if they incorporate some kind of system whereby it does according to each players Pol / Mot preference ... Atleast a bare minimum necessity will be that this aid button completely ignores all decos... those who want to polish decos can always take the extra effort of visiting the player's city to search for a deco as it will be only for hunting BPs and the polisher has to look for a specific age Deco for the BP... ....otherwise this update will also go the similar way as all the previous updates have been taken ... with loads of complaints and swearing on the forums ... Inno has to try to make their customers happy with very update instead of making more players frustrated ... Good Ideas Bad Implementation worsens the situation rather than making it better ...

DeletedUser1264

It's a great feature, but it should REALLY ignore decorations. Nobody ever wants them polished.
Put them at the very bottom of the priority list, regardless of age, and we will be fine.

This +1

DeletedUser5800

I think overall this will work well for cities with few decorations and a fairly well balanced happiness set up. It may mean some have to re-think their city design but that could be considered part of the challenge. It would be nice to know what it had polivated and decorations should be the lowest priority whatever age they might be but I guess there has to be an advantage for those that take the time to visit a city. Overall if this encourages more to polivate it should be positive to the game as currently visiting every city is a real chore, especially if they are mainly end of tree players.

Personally I've never actually wanted the decorations from events but have used them when I have won them. I would never consider spending diamonds on them and I think that might be the consensus of the majority of players. I would be surprised if it hurt sales.

I'm not sure how the algorithm works but I think it should probably favour premium buildings (not decs) as this could effect diamond purchases if they are being ignored as it would be more beneficial to have a standard building that is getting motivated or polished.

This isn't a feature that would have been on my wish list but I think it has merit especially if some refining is done. As mink has pointed out that if they wait to do the refining on the live server they risk a possible backlash if things aren't working for the better but it seems to be Inno policy to work this way.

I would like to point out the algorithm seems overly biased to polishing. I just did my neighbourhood (70+) and not one motivation from it. How do I know? Well I had a quest running to polish 25 and motivate 25. I know it is unlikely anyone with the power to change things will but I will plead anyway.

Please make the most of this feature and do not go live with it until you have a more refined algorithm. Make this a positive change to the game and reap some praise for once.

DeletedUser4846

I actually really like the new "Aid" feature, in a large guild it's really handy to make a quick run through where before if I didn't have the time my guild went without. I've also seen at least 4-5 times if not more support in 8 hours of this feature running than an entire day before. I almost don't have enough buildings in my town to be supported :) (I haven't even had to fill up my friends list!)

I'm really interested to see how this pans out over a week or two, if the amount of "aid" actions I receive will drop or not. Will admit I've had 1 complaint about my randomly polishing some flowers but I can make a personal visit to anyone with such objections in the future (just wanted to try the feature real bad!).

*1 problem I have at the moment is with the event history lists, would have been nice to have both the "visit" and "aid" buttons present in the list as well as greying them out when no more actions for that person are available.

Not a big fan of the treasure hunt though, it seems really detached from everything else in the game. Rewards for sitting there and collecting at the right times... personally I wouldn't want this part going live.

Last edited by a moderator:

vesgouo

Baronet
yes and I see 0 (ZERO) buildings from your age that can be motivated :eek:

maybe you build some and see what happen if you have some of your age

I´m just come in the L.M.A. Not unlocked any building.
(And the houses and productions buildings i want are on the end of the tech tree.)

DeletedUser5663

I would like to point out the algorithm seems overly biased to polishing. I just did my neighbourhood (70+) and not one motivation from it. How do I know? Well I had a quest running to polish 25 and motivate 25.

Sounds more like a bug on how "aid" counts toward quests. You should ask your neighbors what was done and then report it.

DeletedUser5800

Sounds more like a bug on how "aid" counts toward quests. You should ask your neighbors what was done and then report it.

Chances of neighbours responding is low. If there was an 'all neighbours button' in messages I might consider mailing them. Maybe one of the mods can check into this as I hadn't considered it could be a bug with the quest itself.

Amy Steele

Regent
There is currently an issue with quests requiring players to polish or motivate. Both polish and motivate actions are counting towards the polish requirement, and not towards the motivate requirement. This is the same whether you use the aid feature or visit the players to pol/mot. This issue has been forwarded to the developers for fixing.

DeletedUser5936

As I see no reason to hide the selection algorithm, I will just share it:
  1. Buildings like “Shrine of Knowledge” or “Tigers’ Den” that trigger an additional effect when motivated/polished (most recent age) are prioritized.
  2. If there are no such buildings available or all of them are already polished/motivated, the feature will enhance a random building from the most recent age.

This post seems to have been lost in the flood of complaints, and I did not see it until now. Since this information is fairly critical, I would recommend adding it to the changelog. Until now I believed the aid algorithm was just stupid, now I can confirm that it is not working as intended.

As far as I can figure out, the list of special buildings that are polivated first includes Shrine of Knowledge, Witch Doctor, Tigers' Den and Oasis. I can confirm that it does not include Hall of Fame. I don't know if aid can be used to motivate them at all.

As for the second part, the way the algorithm works is almost entirely different. Firstly, the building polivated is not random. Cultural buildings and decorations are polished first, then apparently coins are motivated, and supplies are motivated last if at all. Secondly, the age of the building plays no role at all. Decorations from earlier ages will be polished before any buildings from the current age are motivated.

DeletedUser5936

So it is, not in the regression mission changelog though.

DeletedUser5800

Aid button automatically motivates or polishes a building of the respective player without visiting him.
How exactly does the order of aid work? It's very simple system:
1. Buildings like “Shrine of Knowledge” or “Tigers’ Den” that trigger an additional effect when motivated/polished (most recent age) are prioritized.
2. If there are no such buildings available or all of them are already polished/motivated, the feature will enhance a random building from the most recent age.

As Roseltyne has already stated and from the feedback I have seen item 2 is not how it is working. Lower age items are being polished when higher/current age buildings are available to be motivated.

DeletedUser1264

As Roseltyne has already stated and from the feedback I have seen item 2 is not how it is working. Lower age items are being polished when higher/current age buildings are available to be motivated.

I can confirm this. I'll leave it to you or Rosletyne to report it as a bug, okay?

DeletedUser5608

from my observations of the cities i am visiting manually, it would appear that Halls of Fame are either very low on the priority list, or being omitted altogether - most cities seem to have them unmotivated - so good news for plunderers in GvG guilds!

DeletedUser4923

I totally agree with everyone who thinks this aid button shall do us no good. Timewise yes maybe, it takes me 10 minutes to motivate my guildmembers. But with this button decorations and polishing are preferred it seems. This is no way to motivate guildmembers and friends. The only thing i could think of is to frustrate my neighbours xd

So please take on the reprovements suggested before by aiding a choice menu or abolish this introduction. With so many people against it, you can not seriously hold on to this not so clever idea.

The only players who will like this button are lazy ones.

kumbaya it never hurts to help.

DeletedUser4379

'. . . So please take on the reprovements suggested before by aiding a choice menu or abolish this introduction. With so many people against it, you can not seriously hold on to this not so clever idea. . . '.

You're new here, aren't you?

Yes, they can/do/will hold on to this not so clever idea.

There is a veritable myriad, an indubitable cornucopia (I might even say 'a whole bunch') of not so clever ideas they have held onto.

Stick around. Just when you think you've seen it all, Mr. Sun rises, and it's a brand new day here with new surprises, and new not so clever ideas to be held on to, regardless of gamer feedback.

DeletedUser1264

from my observations of the cities i am visiting manually, it would appear that Halls of Fame are either very low on the priority list, or being omitted altogether - most cities seem to have them unmotivated - so good news for plunderers in GvG guilds!

And lest we forget: motivation provides protection against plundering. A lot of people are going to miss it if they don't adjust the algorithms to something more astute than the way it's operating now.

RedRed

Viceroy
I like the aid button idea, helps a lot to spend more time with guildmates and to play battles.

In the other hand (as I've written in the aid button discussion), if you don't want to introduce a wish-list or you plan to introduce it later, should be better to introduce an option to let the user to disable the aid actions in their city.
This should prevent issues to players that wants actions in an order different from that you have choosed for the aid button.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5532

I love the aids button as it makes every thing so much faster , how ever , it would be nice to know what we Polish , Motivate for each one.

Andi47

Overlord
I dont need polish. It writed on my profile.

But with AID button:

i2CIRpM.jpg

This image looks like a proof that priorizing the most recent age doesn't work at all. Stone age tree is polished before polishing HMA houses and farms?? (only one farm motivated in this image)

As for now the aid button seems to work like this:
1.) polivate special buildings
2.) polish deco
3.) polivate everything else

instead of the intended
1.) polivate special
2.) polivate most recent age