• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2024

ironsage

Merchant
Progress so far:

Note:
  • "In the level" is a running total. It won't restart if you need to break it up between multiple levels
  • Chests with X stars is an exact number, not that star value or higher
  • Use Extra Moves X times is a running total. Can be split between tickets
Wildlife_Rival_1.png

QuestQuest Task (Iron Age)Reward
1Start a new level by spending 1 Entrance Ticket1 Hammer
hammer.png
2* Buy 5 Forge Points
* Pop 25 Red Tiles in the level
1 Leafy Line
image-2023-11-30_16-27-39.png
3* Spend 70 Forge Points
* Use 1 Hammer booster in level
1 Lightning
lightning.png
4* Delete 4 units from your unit pool
* Pop 25 Blue Tiles in the level
10 Wildlife Coins
5Collect 4 Red Chests with 4 stars1 Entrance Ticket
6Collect 5 Wildlife Paws to progress at Grand Prize Lane1 Hammer
hammer.png
7* Collect 2 Blue Chests with 6 stars
* Win 5 battles without losing
1 Leafy Line
8When moves run out in a level. Use Extra Moves 2 times1 Lightning
lightning.png
9Start new levels by spending 2 Entrance Tickets1 Hammer
hammer.png
10* Buy 10 Forge Points
* Pop 50 Yellow Tiles in the level
1 Leafy Line
11* Spend 100 Forge Points
* Use 1 Leafy Line booster in level
1 Lightning
lightning.png
12* Delete 5 units from your unit pool
* Pop 50 Green Tiles in the level
10 Wildlife Coins
13Collect 4 Yellow Chests with 4 stars1 Entrance Ticket
14Collect 10 Wildlife Paws to progress at Grand Prize lane1 Hammer
hammer.png
15* Collect 2 Green Chests with 6 stars
1 Leafy Line
When moves run out in a level. Use Extra Moves 2 times
1 Lightning
lightning.png
17Start new levels by spending 3 Entrance Tickets1 Hammer
hammer.png
18* Buy 15 Forge Points
* Pop 50 Orange Tiles in the level
1 Leafy Line
19* Spend 150 Forge Points
* Use 1 Lightning booster in level
1 Lightning
lightning.png
20* Delete 7 units from your unit pool
10 Wildlife Coins
21Collect 4 Orange Chests with 4 stars1 Entrance Ticket
22Collect 15 Wildlife Paws to progress at the Grad Prize lane1 Hammer
hammer.png
23* Collect 2 Yellow Chests with 6 stars
* Win 10 battles without losing
1 Leafy Line
if i am happy about anything its that the milestone for 16 gives the lightning and 4 leafy line as quest 17 i wont be reaching as it requires to start 3 new games

Kronan

Viceroy
TOTALLY agree with all of you. Absolutely an insult to "pop" a rival challenge into our event like this with no consideration to alert us it was coming immediately, and us having to grind up 8 hours of wall clock time, to even get started. That's a huge handicap for an event that runs a couple of days.
Oh yes, if you think it's worth 200 diamonds to buy 1 ticket to get started in Rival NOW (since many keep empty event wells - when we get tickets, we use them...)
Then spend 200 diamonds for 1 ticket.
I don't think that's reasonable.

Lucky me, I can't even do Rival, so am absolved of any true decision making.

Last edited:
I am still stuck at quest 2 (pop 25 red tiles) because my last board gave me no red tiles whatsoever. So I'm waiting for my next ticket. Looking at the future quests which have been posted here I can conclude that this is impossible for me to finish in 2 days unless I spend a lot of diamonds (which I don't have).

I will be completing the quests organically and if that ends up being only a handful of them I won't mind.

The only question I have: is the event balanced in such a way that the Rival quests are completely optional to obtain the main event building?

CDmark

Baronet
So, I am playing the game for Q5, collect 4 - 4 star red, this is not a paid ticket. Here is what bothers me, a lot. I am ignoring maximizing my progress/paws, to go for a 4 star chest, color not important for this comment. The purpose of the mini game is to get as many paws and progress to get more grand prizes and better league rewards. Rival is forcing me to settle for less which is backwards thinking. Even worse, to spend diamonds to do worse makes no sense at all.
A possible upgrade, remove all color requirements on all quests, so quest 5, just collect 4 - 4 star chests. That still doesn't answer the problem of going for less but on a game that moves, 4 star chests happen regularly even when going for the bigger ones.

Maybe back in the development lab, if there is one, it makes sense, you can just use tickets or boosters. But when we play, these are our resources and they are limited. So right now, I could use a hammer to make a 4 star red chest...why would I use it on that? Again, backwards thinking.

Now, here is where the color comes into play. First game, my color didn't exist, waste of a ticket. Now I have Q5, 4 - 4 star red and reds are dropping like raindrops in a tropical storm. I just need 1 or 2, 6 drop. Now I have to waste moves to try and get it to 4 star. Make a NON-PRODUCTIVE move or two, more rain, lots of red, so wasted moves and AGAIN, backwards thinking, moves to get less. Result, wasted ticket.

Now to Xiphos point, the tickets. You know we have to play them regularly to make progress. After a week, I would think most have found a daily special to catch up quests and get those queued tickets from the questline (EX, I didn't have animal crossing at all, it was a special so I got my 9...ie tickets used).

If I waited for Rivals, I would have 15 insect farms (my current Alt DS), maybe not, because I would be going for 4 star, color specific chests instead of 6 star chests, progress and DS's. So, backwards thinking again, get DS's you don't want.

Last edited:
I cant see I will get all 11 lvls of the building neither the upgrade to the animal crossing. The leagues are not updated yet. But honestly, although I really love the minigame, I think this is not doable without heavy dia investment

.Chris

Baronet
Requiring a specific color to be popped or combined into chests is really f...n annoying :unhappy: since it's quite possible to not even have that color on the board(s)

I could see these solutions:

For popping:
  • Pop 25 tiles of color x OR color y

For chests:
  • Combine and drop x amount of chests with 4 stars or higher

Kronan

Viceroy
The INTEGRATION of overlapping "micro and macro event things" was poorly thought out, and creates strategy choices.

Maybe you just say - AM NOT DOING Rival, will evaluate the next one in context of where I am in the event, and if it also requires me to damage a 1 month event goal strategy, for a 2 day one.

In other words, just don't take the fishook with the pretty worm.

Maybe this type of 30 day event DOES NOT lend itself gracefully to being "invaded" by a 2 day "break your event strategy" type of concept.

St. Patty's day wouldn't either, if I may be so bold to "forward think" on the subject.

It's also becoming EXTREMELY clear that people designing this game - DO NOT PLAY IT!

SirAlucard

Steward
Well, I do also agree with all negativ comments so far. TTHe implementation of the Rival Quests is basically an insult to every active player and the unreachable carrot dangling in front of every newer player. The new ones will never be able to complete all quests, like every player with an 40h/week job. And reading, that this is just one of three Rival Questlines during the event, it gets even hard to get the full building for every player without spending money on the event. Has the management really become so greedy to force a bad system (Rival Quests) into the events as an addition? IMO, you (INNO) are more likely to drive more player away from your game, than to get them to spend money on events.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Racoons defiantly gonna replace the rouge dense. It's too bad, to see the last bastion of useful nostalgia go. Himaji is at risk too but might be able to stay for the other loot it sometimes drops.

I was already concerned with the rival, showing up in events. The wild quests discussed made me even more concerned. Certainly it's not too far fetched to imagine future events, where you need to complete 1 rival quest series for each special upgrade past gold (platinum, diamond, crystal) and being somewhat successful by understanding the event's mechanics for the special upgrades to gold (copper, bronze, silver).
The rival could very easily turn events into P2W with similar quests as discussed. Kinda appear like the unfair but removed DC quest: complete a neg. at the 1st turn. Hopefully the devs catching on with this and adjust the quests to more fair event quests. An example could be for Halloween: complete a dungeon, beat a lvlX card, use Y special cards. Specifying stuff makes the quest rely on luck and entering the unfairly difficulty zone. The devs should keep this in mind and steering clear from those when designing quests.

Nansoon

Farmer
I decide to stop playing the Rival after 6 quests. All the pleasure to solve the boards disappears due to frustration to be obliged to ruin strategy.
One of my favorite events...what a pity.
The problem so far with the Rival (only 2 for the moments) is that Inno decides for us how to play EG / event / ...next time, what will it be ? Suspense ;)

CDmark

Baronet
So, I am looking at the questline and the rewards, I will guess Q24 will be a lightning, so up to 24
6 of each booster, hammer, leaf, lightning (some forced to use for quests)
3 tickets
30 (thirty) coin

What was spent, most likely 10 tickets, 1800 diamonds to play a backwards thinking mini event, go for less

For 1230 D, I could get 16 hammers, 8 leafs and 6 lightning or spend 1800 on 10 tickets for something I want as a daily and maximize my progress.

Oh, don't forget we have to spend extra moves 4 times so far, 260 coin, get back a whopping 30 back up to Q24.

Lets look at ticket spending,
Q1 - 1
Q6 - 1 (5 paws is an above avg game)
Q9 - 2
Q14 - 2 (10 paws at least 2 tickets)
Q17 - 3
Q22 - 3 ( AT LEAST, 15 paws)
That's 12 tickets, you gave us 3, net -9 tickets for the player
This does not count any tickets wasted for color/chest quests oh there will be a few, especially that 4 - 4 star color specific one

I would predict, Q25, 4 tickets and Q30, 4 more at least - 20 paws I see a pattern, probably get 1 for a reward, net -7

Want to tell us what we win on Q32? At least when you did it before, we walked away with L3 serpents, temple, blue A/D, something we could keep and use in our cities. Now, you are giving us consumable items only good in this event and diamonds need to be spent.

BRRR, BRRR, hear that, that's the horn on the boat, already left the dock, you missed it on this one.

Could we do rivals over a week, take out the forced ticket spending, 1,2,3,4 possible. We will be forced to spend tickets for 5,10,15, etc paws.

I still don't know what we get at the end but I know for sure it will be expensive to get.

EDIT, just saw the milestone rewards, add 6 hammers @ 8, 4 leafy @ 16, 2 lightning @ 24
12 hammers, 10 leafy, 8 lightning (forced to use at least 1 of each)
@ 32 3 golden tickets that's the prize?

Last edited:
Progress so far:

Note:
  • "In the level" is a running total. It won't restart if you need to break it up between multiple levels
  • Chests with X stars is an exact number, not that star value or higher
  • Use Extra Moves X times is a running total. Can be split between tickets
Wildlife_Rival_1.png

QuestQuest Task (Iron Age)Reward
1Start a new level by spending 1 Entrance Ticket1 Hammer
hammer.png
2* Buy 5 Forge Points
* Pop 25 Red Tiles in the level
1 Leafy Line
3* Spend 70 Forge Points
* Use 1 Hammer booster in level
1 Lightning
lightning.png
4* Delete 4 units from your unit pool
* Pop 25 Blue Tiles in the level
10 Wildlife Coins
5Collect 4 Red Chests with 4 stars1 Entrance Ticket
6Collect 5 Wildlife Paws to progress at Grand Prize Lane1 Hammer
hammer.png
7* Collect 2 Blue Chests with 6 stars
1 Leafy Line
8When moves run out in a level. Use Extra Moves 2 times1 Lightning
lightning.png
9Start new levels by spending 2 Entrance Tickets1 Hammer
hammer.png
10* Buy 10 Forge Points
1 Leafy Line
11* Spend 100 Forge Points
* Use 1 Leafy Line booster in level
1 Lightning
lightning.png
12* Delete 5 units from your unit pool
* Pop 50 Green Tiles in the level
10 Wildlife Coins
13Collect 4 Yellow Chests with 4 stars1 Entrance Ticket
14Collect 10 Wildlife Paws to progress at Grand Prize lane1 Hammer
hammer.png
15* Collect 2 Green Chests with 6 stars
1 Leafy Line
When moves run out in a level. Use Extra Moves 2 times
1 Lightning
lightning.png
17Start new levels by spending 3 Entrance Tickets1 Hammer
hammer.png
18* Buy 15 Forge Points
* Pop 50 Orange Tiles in the level
1 Leafy Line
19* Spend 150 Forge Points
* Use 1 Lightning booster in level
1 Lightning
lightning.png
20* Delete 7 units from your unit pool
10 Wildlife Coins
21Collect 4 Orange Chests with 4 stars1 Entrance Ticket
22Collect 15 Wildlife Paws to progress at the Grad Prize lane1 Hammer
hammer.png
23* Collect 2 Yellow Chests with 6 stars
* Win 10 battles without losing
1 Leafy Line

Total insanity. If it turns out that these quests MUST be done in order to get the event building, I predict a one-month vacation is coming when the event reaches Live.

The only way I see making something like this work would to place all the quests into a large pool. Just imagine there are 50 tasks to be done. As you play the mini-game, you satisfy various quests/requirements. Popping tiles or collecting chests might be spread out over multiple mini-games.

The way this is set up now reminds me of a quote from the movie War Games - "The only winning move is not to play."