• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Retired Guy

Marquis
Perhaps we could get some more info on the GBG match making algorithm?? NO idea why we're in a group with the top guild when there's 40+ ranked higher than us..

Arch1e

Marquis
do take advantage
This being the operative few words. Take advantage. Good and competitive guilds got to be that, not because of a mistake or some fluke. Same with strong fighters. The thing that really grates me is the attitude that playing with such a guild is a negative, since it diminishes the ability to - I’ll use that word again - farm fights. Because you have to share. And also work with the rest of the guild. I seriously fail to see how you construe anyone who prioritises this as being less active or being envious. It’s the downfall of many a guild, when the farmers move around to farm more fights off treasuries other guild members who maybe are more guild minded, have worked on creating. Bring the changes fast!

LiMuBi

Farmer
This being the operative few words. Take advantage. Good and competitive guilds got to be that, not because of a mistake or some fluke. Same with strong fighters. The thing that really grates me is the attitude that playing with such a guild is a negative, since it diminishes the ability to - I’ll use that word again - farm fights. Because you have to share. And also work with the rest of the guild. I seriously fail to see how you construe anyone who prioritises this as being less active or being envious. It’s the downfall of many a guild, when the farmers move around to farm more fights off treasuries other guild members who maybe are more guild minded, have worked on creating. Bring the changes fast!
If you are a member of a highly competitive GbG/GvG guild what matters the most is how many goods your city can produce so the guild treasury can keep up with the costs of support structures or sieging if you playing GvG. Some players will naturally play more than others but both have the benefits of this partnership. If you play less, you support the guild with the goods, but those who play more support you with the possibility to take fights once you are around as they make sure the swaps going on and your guild is never cornered. Win-Win situation
If the new system goes live it will be a loose-loose situation, indeed some weak guilds that can not get the numbers to race the sectors when it's needed will benefit from this, but that's about it. Now the active players won´t be able to keep the rotation going, so they will rely on those who play less which can and will result in being removed from the map or having to fight sectors with less support.
The majority of active GbG players will be able to make far fewer fights per season than now, so it's clearly a downgrade.

If you think weaker and less active players will benefit from this change you are wrong, players in the highest eras with high attacking army bonuses and high treasury goods production will just move together to a few power guilds. As it is the most logical way to do it, structures are going to cost more so you would not want to have players who produce 1k goods per day when you can have those who do 4k per day, the same goes with attrition if you have 4-5k bonuses you are going to be far more useful than those with few hundred.

RonTeddy

Merchant
What is different is that 2 top guilds will not be able to control the full map and lock everyone else in their bases. This means much better fighting chance for medium size guilds, who are not as strong as the top guilds but still have fighting power. They will have much better chance to break the swap. Starting point is much better as they can build support at their base, so they are not starting a fight with 100% attrition as today.
Additionally, those top guilds will have a limit in a number of fights they can have as each player will gain attrition.
So, mid-size guilds will be able to play GBG and active players in those guilds will be able to use up their attrition equally as if they were in the top guild.
So no one will be frustrated by not being able to play GBG (as today they are locked in their base) and feeling forced to join top guilds if they want to play GBG.
Well, nice theory - let's wait and see, I can't see any of it - just frustrated fighters who want to fight but aren't allowed to.
...feeling forced to join top guilds if they want to play GBG - that never happened, from the bottom to the top.

CrashBoom

Legend
The majority of active GbG players will be able to make far fewer fights per season than now, so it's clearly a downgrade.
so you are saying the majority of active GBG players were fighting with more than 80% attrition reduction in the past o_O

If you think weaker and less active players will benefit from this change you are wrong,
actually the weaker players in middle to lower guilds are guaranteed to benefit from the changes

because the enemy boost is lower for the same attrition compared to the old version

so they can make more fights before they reach their limit

just frustrated fighters who want to fight but aren't allowed to.
and in the future there will still be frustrated fighters who wants to fight but aren't allowed ;)

the ones who reached their attrition limit to fast :D

I don't understand why you are so enthusiastic about 10,000 fights.
If someone fights 10,000 times, then the rest don't fight.
There are 52 sectors on the map.
Let's say two guilds play chess and make five exchanges a day.
This means that the maximum number of battles per guild is 20,800 per day (for the old version of GBG)..
If there are 60 people in a guild and all of them are active, the maximum per person is 3813 battles.
If someone in your guild has 10,000 fights, there are a lot of passive players in that guild.
I don't understand why you are proud.
About a year ago I analyzed the top 50 guilds on my 5 worlds (250 total). In every one of them, fewer than 20% of the members accounted for 80% of the total battles. The average was 14% do 80% and the 19%/80% Guild was an outlier. I'm willing to wager that your Guild is no different. A few very active players and a bunch that are just doing the minimum required to remain a member. In the interest of full disclosure, my data contained total battles, not encounters and also includes battles in all venues, not just GBG. Regardless, it is clear that there are vast differences in battle activity in every top guild that I looked at.

Last edited:

Hansueli50

Farmer
What is so bad if ther are player that can make 10 K fights a day? This is somthing I do not understand. Maybe jealousy I do not know.
As a battle chief I like the player that are here and help if ther is a need to get a sector. We are a middel sized guild with 45 Player, for a sector fight are not more than 5-max 10 player. We fight versus other guilds and are proud if we win. Farming is useless, what do you do with all the Fp, etc. Fragments etc. We in our guild have evrybody more than 20 K Fragment of the elefant etc. So farming for what??? The real fun is fight versus other guilds, We produce enough goods to be able to have allways near 0% Attrition. The meaning in the guild is if 80 % Atrition comes the interest of GB is reduce to near 0. Same as guild expedition 5 no one of our guild is interst in, due to the high cost, and we are fighters and not defenders. 75% of our guildmembers are even able to fight short befor midnight because the are on attrition level 50 out of possible 100. So tell me what is wrong with this? Evrybody is playing how they want. Whey this should be limited by Inno.

CrashBoom

Legend
Evrybody is playing how they want
and there is the lie :rolleyes:

half an hour ago I wanted to play how I wanted (in my live world)
a few fights in GBG

but surprise: I couldn't play how I wanted
we were locked into our HQ :rolleyes:

Farming is useless
another lie

because
have allways near 0% Attrition

attacking everything with 0% that is farming :rolleyes:

The meaning in the guild is if 80 % Atrition comes the interest of GB is reduce to near 0.
you mean
brainless fighting everywhere is more interesting than smart decissions of when and where to spend the attrition :rolleyes:

and we are fighters and not defenders
then you will really hate the next big change in GBG
when defending boosts will be used instead of attacking boosts :D

Hansueli50

Farmer
and there is the lie :rolleyes:

half an hour ago I wanted to play how I wanted (in my live world)
a few fights in GBG

but surprise: I couldn't play how I wanted
we were locked into our HQ :rolleyes:

another lie

because

attacking everything with 0% that is farming :rolleyes:

you mean
brainless fighting everywhere is more interesting than smart decissions of when and where to spend the attrition :rolleyes:

then you will really hate the next big change in GBG
when defending boosts will be used instead of attacking boosts :D

I recommend you change the guild :D. The good thing, evrybody can decide by him/herselfs

Arch1e

Marquis
I’ll not call you on the rest of what you write, but the ‘majority’ of Gbg players are actually all players, so you are most likely wrong. What you mean is that those who are used to your number of fights will see a reduction, however, I would guess that is a minority, judging by the fact that there are usually 5-6 other guilds on the board while you swap, and there are players in those too, not just your own guildies losing out. Other players who are currently getting fewer numbers may well see an increase, because people who farm won’t be able to do so. In any guild, it may suddenly actually be possible for those who usually get the scraps, or get to take the stuff the farmers don’t bother with but ask the ‘less active’ to take so they can keep going, to feel they are valued and useful.

RonTeddy

Merchant
Wrong. It did happen, when Gbg was new. Good guilds attracted good players, until farming became a thing and sharing did not.
I wasn't here yet - my observation relates to the last 3 years

Farming is great - the best thing in the game. What do you have against farming? Or do you mean another game?

LiMuBi

Farmer
I’ll not call you on the rest of what you write, but the ‘majority’ of Gbg players are actually all players, so you are most likely wrong. What you mean is that those who are used to your number of fights will see a reduction, however, I would guess that is a minority, judging by the fact that there are usually 5-6 other guilds on the board while you swap, and there are players in those too, not just your own guildies losing out. Other players who are currently getting fewer numbers may well see an increase, because people who farm won’t be able to do so. In any guild, it may suddenly actually be possible for those who usually get the scraps, or get to take the stuff the farmers don’t bother with but ask the ‘less active’ to take so they can keep going, to feel they are valued and useful.
If your guild is cornered it's not because the current GbG is bad, it's because your guild is. I won over 90% of GbG rounds since it was released, the only time we got cornered was if we lost multiple races, it happens the other guild was just better prepared. When the GbG starts, you need to have the numbers online, when an important race is gonna happen the same. If you want to keep rotating the map, get people from multiple time zones or those who are online 24/7 so you can make sure you have fighters online across the day. There are many other requirements like enough goods and diamonds... to be a successful guild.
This is a dedication to the guild and to the game, what you call "farming" or "clicking" is the last step.
When the guild is kind of lazy and doesn´t get the fighters up it is kind of their problem not the problem of an active guild that keeps swapping the map day and night. If you don´t want to be locked in HQ and watch the grass grow or dust settles work as a guild to become better and don't cry to Inno they need to screw active players and guilds in favor of lazy ones, cause they require access to fights whenever they feel to log in.

What is so bad if ther are player that can make 10 K fights a day? This is somthing I do not understand. Maybe jealousy I do not know.
As a battle chief I like the player that are here and help if ther is a need to get a sector. We are a middel sized guild with 45 Player, for a sector fight are not more than 5-max 10 player. We fight versus other guilds and are proud if we win. Farming is useless, what do you do with all the Fp, etc. Fragments etc. We in our guild have evrybody more than 20 K Fragment of the elefant etc. So farming for what??? The real fun is fight versus other guilds, We produce enough goods to be able to have allways near 0% Attrition. The meaning in the guild is if 80 % Atrition comes the interest of GB is reduce to near 0. Same as guild expedition 5 no one of our guild is interst in, due to the high cost, and we are fighters and not defenders. 75% of our guildmembers are even able to fight short befor midnight because the are on attrition level 50 out of possible 100. So tell me what is wrong with this? Evrybody is playing how they want. Whey this should be limited by Inno.
I'm pretty sure inno wants players to actually pay for diamonds and not diamond farm on gbg. They also tried getting rid of the wishing wells in events to curb the diamond mine cities.

The repeat quest in the space ages can revolve around farming in gbg. Do 15 fights, gain 10 units, spend 200/250FP, ext. So this can give even more rewards.

Arch1e

Marquis
wasn't here yet - my observation relates to the last 3 years
Quite,

Farming is fine for those who think that is what the game is about but it’s pretty obvious from the comments that those players seem to find no other interest in it. There are better fp streams to be gained from other things, and it’s actually nice to have a team that can compete and enjoy the teamwork that requires. Both to build the treasury in the first place, and their own individual strength to do so. This is a fighting game after all.

Last edited:

Arch1e

Marquis
If your guild is cornered it's not because the current GbG is bad, it's because your guild is. I won over 90% of GbG rounds since it was released, the only time we got cornered was if we lost multiple races, it happens the other guild was just better prepared. When the GbG starts, you need to have the numbers online, when an important race is gonna happen the same. If you want to keep rotating the map, get people from multiple time zones or those who are online 24/7 so you can make sure you have fighters online across the day. There are many other requirements like enough goods and diamonds... to be a successful guild.
This is a dedication to the guild and to the game, what you call "farming" or "clicking" is the last step.
When the guild is kind of lazy and doesn´t get the fighters up it is kind of their problem not the problem of an active guild that keeps swapping the map day and night. If you don´t want to be locked in HQ and watch the grass grow or dust settles work as a guild to become better and don't cry to Inno they need to screw active players and guilds in favor of lazy ones, cause they require access to fights whenever they feel to log in.
I do agree with the general sentiment of this, however, my guild has been a fighting guild for the 2.5 years it has existed, and keeps fighting to the end. Even once the win is settled, there are no organised swaps and no coordination with others, people do what they can. Our experiences are not that dissimilar. But it still sees exactly those 4-5x attrition capacity worth of fights daily for those who are helping the team through the day. I base that on the full experience of Gbg since it was new. If you are consistently taking more, and skewing the table against your team mates, I really would like to see how you fare as a guild once changes are implemented, like I will want to see how we do.

Last edited: