• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

CDmark

Baronet
In fact, I support changes, but not in the form that is currently being offered to us.
Clicking on GBG every four hours for 11 days in a row is tedious and uninteresting. The first four days are fine, then it’s not interesting.
If we were offered a competition, that would be great! But we are offered a random choice for several positions, increased costs, inconvenient start times... And this is presented as a gift, the cherry on the cake is a rating.
I would prefer GBG be 7 days, something less than the 11 days. I understand they want to get 2 weekends so why not start Sat morning, end following Mon, that makes it 9 days. It is too long and I like the time off which is now 3 days, 5 or more would be better.

Kono

Merchant
For those who tried the new GBG this season... How was the spending? Did you find that the higher costs affected your treasury?
Or did you need to build fewer buildings, so it balanced out?
Or... how did it go?
Treasury can be better ballanced. Instead of fixed cost on one sector now we have a choice of 6 different combinations of goods. Our guild is active in GvG so we are critical on some ages goods. In previous version of GBG we simply couldn't build camps on some provinces. Now we don't have such problem, can always build something.
Overall I think that reduced number of buildings will result in lower amount of goods spent. When comparing to full season of constant swaps, much less buildings are constructed. With increased fights per province value of one building in terms of goods/fight is reduced. Also with inscreased attrition gain per player the need for buildings is reduced. That's why I think the change will have a positive effect on treasury. But this is only my impression, I have no data to back it up. Would be interesting if someone had data to compare the total amount of goods spent before and now.

Yekk

Regent
I read through the last few pages. I see alot of general complaining, and opinions about what could be done differently.
Does anyone have some actual feedback regarding the first beta season with the changes?
How did the attrition max affect players?
How did the increased costs affect guilds?
How did it go using the new buildings?
Was there any change in the problem of most guilds being beached for the season on higher diamond maps?
Top fighters lost some battles but can see enough
Better fighters can see more fights if their guild can build
Average fighters have a good number of fights if their guild can build. This group does best.
Guilds that can not build will see more fights from their home base.
Guilds with cheaters do best. Inno must fix their json problems...

So you'd have to do about 2k fights to get a tourney grounds active for every gbg? Seems like a lot, only a few people in my guild do that much. Like the top 2 players do 8k fights and the rest of the guild does under 1k (average 1k for the whole guild). With this update nobody has 2k fights yet but there are 5 days left, still only a couple people.

I think they should lower the frags requirement to 250 keep the 25% appearance the same, then about half an active guild can work to get it. Inno can also limit how many frags are dispensed, aka capping them after receiving so many in one gbg period. Those two guys getting the 8k fights could in theory build 4+ of them per season.

It's almost pointless to build one of these if they can't be maintained constantly. It'll just get forgotten in the pile of frags.

I also don't like how attrition count gets reset daily (??) why is it not cumulative over the season?

Last edited:

Kono

Merchant
So you'd have to do about 2k fights to get a tourney grounds active for every gbg? Seems like a lot, only a few people in my guild do that much. Like the top 2 players do 8k fights and the rest of the guild does under 1k (average 1k for the whole guild). With this update nobody has 2k fights yet but there are 5 days left, still only a couple people.

I think they should lower the frags requirement to 250 keep the 25% appearance the same, then about half an active guild can work to get it. Inno can also limit how many frags are dispensed, aka capping them after receiving so many in one gbg period. Those two guys getting the 8k fights could in theory build 4+ of them per season.

It's almost pointless to build one of these if they can't be maintained constantly. It'll just get forgotten in the pile of frags.

I also don't like how attrition count gets reset daily (??) why is it not cumulative over the season?
I think you miscalculated, you need to do much more than 2k.
From 4462 fights I got 568 fragments. Which is on average 1 fragment on every 7,855633803 fights. That times 500 gives 3927 fights.
So almost 4k fights to get a tourney grounds active for every gbg.

I think you miscalculated, you need to do much more than 2k.
From 4462 fights I got 568 fragments. Which is on average 1 fragment on every 7,855633803 fights. That times 500 gives 3927 fights.
So almost 4k fights to get a tourney grounds active for every gbg.
The graph said 25%, but that's even more awful.

shooter

Merchant
a few thoughts Id like to add from my perspective in game. GBG is incredibly time intensive for Leadership. I will be starting my 102 season on main running it. One of the hardest parts of this game feature is getting people to run it. These changes are not going to help the small guilds on the sides. Just make it that much harder for them.. Most of the Generals are the big fighters.. They run the battlegrounds to get the battles... Every 4 hours the locks open for 11 days. You need to sometimes just be here all the time. As far as I know your not paying us to run it and and paying 125 dimes to rush buildings is a lot to ask. Mostly it is the Generals themselves who pay the costs as noted in another post. You are removing the incentive for players to stick around.. after they are done hitting their attrition level which is going to come much faster then before that's it.. I see other Guilds they have the same issues, players to run it. . its just a constant struggle everywhere. Of course you will yes have a few guilds who have people, but the majority will not. and lets talk about the amount of battles needed now.. 200, 220, 260, 270. Whew just way to much. No one, even me, who is a grinder wants to grind like that with big attrition gains.. Most Guilds are just not made up of those kind of players. Last season on main we played these 2 teams I thought were pretty ok,, well no one over there wanted to do the 3 camps,, no one def wants to do the 2 or 1 camps, so I'm wondering what's going to happen when we have this. My team sat for hours waiting for these teams to complete tiles.. If your swapping or straight playing you still need the other teams to take tiles so you can take them back. The guilds on the sides rarely really even attempt to get out, and guess what these are teams I think should, could, but do not.. mostly because they have no one interested enough to sit all day to run it.... they maybe will have a hitter do a few battles.... which goes back to the fact its to time intensive for people with lives.. I saw it commented by one person how Opening is 8 am.. most of my guild works. Id start with trying to make it maybe 8 hour locks and a shorter game period, maybe 5 -7 days. Not that would probably help the small guilds either but at least your not killing the game with these changes. Perhaps institute a Guild needs to make a certain amount of battles in a season to get to and stay in diamond. Often we meet guilds that ask to be lowballed so they can go back to Platinum. Advancement needs to be modified... Just my opinion. You allow farming in other parts of the game not sure why it is a problem here. My team reaches out to everyone if they want tiles.

Last edited: