• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Interface improvements and feature test

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
What I hate about daily rewards is best reward(s) is(are) from the last day and then, the next day, the counter goes back to day 1 instead of giving you each day the best reward if you are able to log in on time always as other games do. Keeping your counter at max as long as posisble should be rewarded and not punished by returning you back to day 1.
This idea is also interesting, a missing log-in should not push you back to 1, nor a specific day, if you can keep the streak.

I would suggest something like milestones, like the end of the week to be considered a milestone, you log in 1 week, you reach the first milestone, 2 weeks, 2 milestones, you log in 2 weeks and 3 days then miss 1 day you go back to the 2-week milestone, you miss another consecutive day, you go back to the first-week milestone, 3rd consecutive missed day, you go back to day 1.

And if you can push it for more than 4 weeks, don't reset it, keep the good rewards pouring. :cool: This would definitely motivate people to be active.

mcbluefire

Baronet
These pitiful rewards aren't going to get me to login daily. If collecting one's city isn't enough to get them to login on a daily basis how is the possibility of collecting ONE event buidlings' productions from the 28th day's pop-up annoyance going to entice people to login? Just a ridiculous solution to a problem that has nothing to do with wanting more stuff.

If anything the annoyance is going to push me from logging in daily to not logging in at all.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
This idea is also interesting, a missing log-in should not push you back to 1, nor a specific day, if you can keep the streak.

I would suggest something like milestones, like the end of the week to be considered a milestone, you log in 1 week, you reach the first milestone, 2 weeks, 2 milestones, you log in 2 weeks and 3 days then miss 1 day you go back to the 2-week milestone, you miss another consecutive day, you go back to the first-week milestone, 3rd consecutive missed day, you go back to day 1.

And if you can push it for more than 4 weeks, don't reset it, keep the good rewards pouring. :cool: This would definitely motivate people to be active.
Sounds a lot like streakfreezes but than an very powerful one
Inno is moving this game more and more toward mobile (see comments on pop-ups!) I don't do mobile (games.) I'm a paying player. Pay attention Inno or lose another customer!
Even on the app it's an downgrade

Valsace

Farmer
Screenshot%202023-07-25%20111917.png

let's hope we can click on one of those boosts to use that in the right side
(and not always the Kraken is shown)
What is the green tab supposed to be for anyways? It serves no purpose at this time. And what a horrible idea to bury the daily challenges in the story tab.

Atokirina

Squire
The daily login bonus unfortunately provides little incentive for players who have been active in the game for more than a month.

What if we now add castle points? These points would significantly increase when you log in for 28 consecutive days. This would considerably shorten the journey to castle level 20, making it no longer as time-consuming as before (17 years!). This could generate much more motivation among players who have been playing the game for a longer period of time.

Rosiemarrie

Steward
So I wasn't in the group that got daily login bonus.... and I STILL don't have it. It's been LIVE for a week now but I still don't have it in Beta!

Am I meant to have it now it's live. Why would an A/B test still be going on in Beta when the feature is LIVE?

Emberguard

Emperor
Am I meant to have it now it's live. Why would an A/B test still be going on in Beta when the feature is LIVE?
The LIVE portion is A/B as well.

Beta is great for testing mechanics, but is very limited in usefulness for measuring psychological / behavioral tests because people don't put the same emphasis on a test that they would on the actual product if they're not testing it.

It's human nature that as soon as you give the answer to a person, or inform them of a test, it's going to influence their behavior during and towards the test

CrashBoom

Legend
the whole test of this daily reward is useless

why should a player who don't play daily and for that reason lose many hourly FP, building collections, other daily rewards (like Castle) care about this daily new reward and come back just for that more often :rolleyes:

btw:
I don't have it on beta and not on live, but I play daily on both:
so what should be tested for such players ? if they skip a day because of not getting that reward o_O

Emberguard

Emperor
btw:
I don't have it on beta and not on live, but I play daily on both:
so what should be tested for such players ? if they skip a day because of not getting that reward o_O

My assumption is if there's a shift in player behavior that starts after the changes, but it's not related to the changes, the only way you'll be able to detect the change is by having a control group for the duration of the test

I do think there's way too many A/B tests to be effective, but I can see some logic in the actual concept of a A/B test

I wish I didn't have the collapsible bonuses. I can't tell jack moop how many BG bonus I have while I'm collecting my city!!!

And also on live I have 8 collapsible "offers" to buy diamonds that are new and are bolded in red with a "!" that don't go away when I click them and they don't say what the offer is for!!

So be lucky your not on this test big yikes pls go away.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I wish I didn't have the collapsible bonuses. I can't tell jack moop how many BG bonus I have while I'm collecting my city!!!
just click on the boost one to expand it. It will stay expanded until you close it again.

And also on live I have 8 collapsible "offers" to buy diamonds that are new and are bolded in red with a "!" that don't go away when I click them and they don't say what the offer is for!!
It should disappear, once you hover over the offer. You need to expand it as well.

So be lucky your not on this test big yikes pls go away.
Only the Daily Login Bonus is tested. Everything else is available for everyone.

just click on the boost one to expand it. It will stay expanded until you close it again.

It should disappear, once you hover over the offer. You need to expand it as well.

Only the Daily Login Bonus is tested. Everything else is available for everyone.
I didn't come here until after I collected, but the bar did not stay expanded while I was collecting my city - it went back to the condensed flavor at some point and I screamed internally trying to calculate how many uses I had left.

Nope, stayed notified until the offer expired 18 hours later. I clicked on it to expand it. I hovered over it and it just gave copy paste generic text. I even went to the cash page. I EVEN WENT TO ATTEMPT TO USE THE OFFER. But the entire time it was on the notification (!) bolded and red. Maybe it's a bug. I hope it's a bug. :rolleyes:

Rosiemarrie

Steward
The LIVE portion is A/B as well.

Beta is great for testing mechanics, but is very limited in usefulness for measuring psychological / behavioral tests because people don't put the same emphasis on a test that they would on the actual product if they're not testing it.

It's human nature that as soon as you give the answer to a person, or inform them of a test, it's going to influence their behavior during and towards the test
Ah OK thank you. I have it in all my Live worlds so it must be A/B for the whole account I guess. I assumed it had just gone Live when it appeared there.

I log in every day to all my worlds (including beta) anyway... so it won't make any difference to me and I'll just collect the extra and continue as normal.

That does not work in browser. As soon as you move around the city or click anything, it collapses.

The collapsible buff bar is really getting more annoying by the day.
Can confirm, also it goes horizontally instead of vertically, blocking the chat bar which was an original complaint in this thread. At least on pc, it should go vertically.