• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fellowship Event 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kommodor

Steward
or I don't understand something, 15*2(BG) is good, 30*2 is great, 60*2 is very cool ... or I don't understand something..

Kronan

Viceroy
Feedback on the "buffs" presented here: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/fellowship-event-2023.16301/post-158350

1) Appreciated
2) Makes (for me in the Iron Age) the GRILLING GROVE plantable in my city now, vs it's previous rewards - so that's a nice uptick on using what I won.

Candidly, I can't help but wonder what caused this buff, as the buildings were "reasonably" appointed in their original form. Mind you, I'm not complaining and I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist about this, but...

Is the increase you've given us a "counter balance" offering (in wrapping paper with a bow) to tacit changes you're planning to make, or have made to the war venue's AI, to make it a bit more difficult? I know you can't answer that, but I'm reminded of the expression

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.... ;) <--- a solid reference to the horse on the beach during the Trojan Wars (Greek Mythology)

Kronan

Viceroy
I might be blind but I cannot for the life of me find what the "Feasts and Fables Selection Kit" is o_O

@.Chris - I think the F&F kit is the "bonus prize" that comes from doing the ALL chests (1400 discounted gems), or all chests by their posted gem cost. Not everyone used that event methodology, but if you do, that was the bonus prize you'd get for many of the 8.4Q reward decision rounds.

I got 6 of them, and wasn't really considering that I would immediately plant them because they were too inefficient for my city (Iron Age) here in beta.
Now with the buff though, they've crossed over to provide efficient utility, so can plant them all. They will replace checkmate squares, AND Winners Plaza (v2) placements with a 50% increase in performance (and a few extra random things), for much less space (4 squares, vs 9 squares)

A winner's plaza level 2 for me is 5 :att_attacker: in 9 squares.
The Grilling Grove (in the F&F kit) is 7 :att_attacker: 4 squares.

Clearly.... a no-brainer replacement decision.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

Well it continues the self-destructive trend of runaway powercreep...

The new Grilling Grove stats are insane and recalibrate both best FP/tile and best attack/tile.
The sunhaven now mass-produces them twice as fast as the chocolatery makes nutcrackers as it's only 100 fragments instead of 200.
The trailside smithy for the 1% who get one mass produces sunhavens at an incredible clip as well.

Of course it seems like it'll all be trash you don't want anyways in 2-3 more events if the trend continues :p

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I feel sad for those who spend cash, during last winter for chocolate factories. If this continues to escalate, the forgotten temple will be forgotten rather quickly in the dust. Only it's currently exclusive 20%:fpboost: keeps it largely relevant.
The Chocolate Factory is actually a rare one you might not regret (yet) to some extent. The proliferation of efficient small buildings needing aid and the nutcracker guardhouse being the only building that makes mass-aids means you do want 15 nutcrackers. So until a better source of that comes along, you're probably glad if you picked up at least 2-3 chocolate factories. Though once you have 15 nutcrackers they might now go into storage.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The Chocolate Factory is actually a rare one you might not regret (yet) to some extent. The proliferation of efficient small buildings needing aid and the nutcracker guardhouse being the only building that makes mass-aids means you do want 15 nutcrackers. So until a better source of that comes along, you're probably glad if you picked up at least 2-3 chocolate factories. Though once you have 15 nutcrackers they might now go into storage.
I know but it still stings. As 1 free factory could've been pumping out those 15 over time. Sure it'll take a little while but eventually you'll get there:
15 * 200 frag = 3.000 / (6*1,6) = ~312,5 collections with a BG with 60% chance for doubling it. Even at such a weak point of BG, it could be done before the next winter event is finished with 1 factory...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I know but it still stings. As 1 free factory could've been pumping out those 15 over time. Sure it'll take a little while but eventually you'll get there:
15 * 200 frag = 3.000 / (6*1,6) = ~312,5 collections with a BG with 60% chance for doubling it. Even at such a weak point of BG, it could be done before the next winter event is finished with 1 factory...
your math's off - you doubled it and then applied blue galaxy's bonus on top. it's 3000 / (.4*3+.6*6) = 625 collections. You need 2 chocolateries to be done in a year with BG.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
your math's off - you doubled it and then applied blue galaxy's bonus on top. it's 3000 / (.4*3+.6*6) = 625 collections. You need 2 chocolateries to be done in a year with BG.
You're corrected, I got it confused. It's indeed 3 frag/day, resulting with BG 60% chance at an average 625 collections with 1 factory (3.000 frag / (3*1,6) = 625). It's still a bit of a pitty though for those who've payed for it. While they're surely quicker at full potential, it remains a big bummer I guess.

I would kill for gemstones. I am lucky to average 25 a day - probably a lot less, should have kept track - from incidents. Not having them available any other way than event quests (where too few are given per quest) and incidents (which generally don't have them at all) means I can't get to the next town without a third big expenditure of diamonds. I know that's why they do it - but it's not fair to those who can't afford to buy a ton of sparklies.

In the past events there was a small cash/diamond only building that produced fragments for the event building (+ gold upgrade). For this event it is exclusively for those who get in the 1 % tier to be able to get the frags.

It should be a production for the other two diamond exclusive buildings.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
In the past events there was a small cash/diamond only building that produced fragments for the event building (+ gold upgrade). For this event it is exclusively for those who get in the 1 % tier to be able to get the frags.

It should be a production for the other two diamond exclusive buildings.
The other two are not diamond exclusive. If you buy a full set of chests at the end of a city you get a selection kit for one of them. And the main building now makes them (instead of them making the main building).

The other two are not diamond exclusive. If you buy a full set of chests at the end of a city you get a selection kit for one of them. And the main building now makes them (instead of them making the main building).
I want more buildings to make more summer manors as it was accessible to me in previous events !

1 trailside smithy does the work of ~20 cartographers :p Just spend to be in the 1% if you want it that badly ;)
What is INNO thinking? I'd probably be among the last to accuse them of making a pure "money grab" play but the Trailside Smithy defies comprehension. With the help of a L91 BG, this thing will pump out a Sunhaven Palace every 18 days. Unless this thing gets nerfed, and it should get nerfed, the bidding war for Gold status will make the Taylor Swift ticket debacle look like child's play. Players spent what, $15K (USD) to rush a level 20 Castle? I can't imagine what it will cost to get Gold status when this goes live.

Status
Not open for further replies.