• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
What's the thought on the first new city? Go as soon as you can, or collect a certain number of the tasks first?
I would recommend to collect at first a few quests. Though it depends on how much time you have. Personally I would try to complete as many quests with as few gold as possible. Then moving on. At beta I've done 12-14 in the 1st town with little gold. Can't say for sure how much I've completed before I got stuck with lvl up managers.

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
I bought the Event Pass. But I noticed that you get the Golden Druid Hut Upgrade Kit quite late, after finishing task 275. Which means you have to build at least seven cities.
But my strategy in the last events was to finish a city plus one set of treasure chests four times. And most of the fifth city to get the complete Event Building.
If I do that this time will get a Golden Druid Hut Level 9, but no Golden Upgrade?
Even with the Event Pass?
That would be very bad.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What's the thought on the first new city? Go as soon as you can, or collect a certain number of the tasks first?
18 tasks seems the sweet spot to take advantage of the short run for extra cheap tasks. You can do that with festival 1, ship 1, flower 2, cake 1 = 130 pots of gold in an hour or so maybe. The next two tasks after that require significant additions of pots of gold (180 more pots gets you 4 more tasks).

Yekk

Regent
I bought the Event Pass. But I noticed that you get the Golden Druid Hut Upgrade Kit quite late, after finishing task 275. Which means you have to build at least seven cities.
But my strategy in the last events was to finish a city plus one set of treasure chests four times. And most of the fifth city to get the complete Event Building.
If I do that this time will get a Golden Druid Hut Level 9, but no Golden Upgrade?
Even with the Event Pass?
That would be very bad.
@Juber,
Seems like this is a problem. Does the treasure chests have a Golden Druid Hut Upgrade Kit at a certain point (every 4 or 5 completions)??

-Alin-

Emperor
@Juber,
Seems like this is a problem. Does the treasure chests have a Golden Druid Hut Upgrade Kit at a certain point (every 4 or 5 completions)??
There is a 33% chance to get the 5 fragments chest.
Theoretically, at 3 towns You have one chance to get the Fragments, but is just a probability, if You are unlucky You can't get them at all.

1: item
2: druid temple kit, celtic forest kits (2 different versions for the big and small buildings)
3: celtic farmstead kit, celtic trees kit (with only the 2 bad new trees), 5 ultimate kit fragments
4: premium building
5: resources
6: mountain reserve kit, heroes tavern kit

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just to be fair 33% is my assumption, could be wrong

So playing off that assumption, with 10 towns finished if it is 1/3:

1.7% chance of 0 sets of golden fragments. (2/3)^10
8.7% chance of 1 set of golden fragments. (2/3)^9*(1/3)*10

Roughly 89.6% chance you get the last level with such a strategy (10 complete cities + 300 tasks).

15 Cities hitting 450 tasks with 1 or more from chests would be > 99.5% chance to finish. Could drop to ~96.5% if it were say 1/5 odds instead to see the golden fragments. Seems like the safest bet if you wanted to make a plan short of trying for 600 from the start.

So playing off that assumption, with 10 towns finished if it is 1/3:

1.7% chance of 0 sets of golden fragments. (2/3)^10
8.7% chance of 1 set of golden fragments. (2/3)^9*(1/3)*10

Roughly 89.6% chance you get the last level with such a strategy (10 complete cities + 300 tasks).

15 Cities hitting 450 tasks with 1 or more from chests would be > 99.5% chance to finish. Could drop to ~96.5% if it were say 1/5 odds instead to see the golden fragments. Seems like the safest bet if you wanted to make a plan short of trying for 600 from the start.
Are 15 cities in 23 days even possible?

-Alin-

Emperor
Just a text error, is missing the "army" after "attack for attacking"

Or to be simple, attack and defense for attacking army.
Screenshot_20230106-004507-452.png

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Are 15 cities in 23 days even possible?
Yes. It is generally possible to finish a city a day as long as you have at least level 3 festival & ship managers. And availability at the right times (especially a lot of availability at the start of the city).

(Edit: correction on this: my optimized 3-3-1 (festival-ship-fireworks) ignoring tasks appears to still be just under 28 hrs. You have to go to 4-3-1 or 3-4-1 to drop under 24 hrs. 4-3-1 is the slightly better of the two, but 3-4-1 may line up better with the tasks in some runs).

Doing enough tasks per city will also require preplanning your upgrade paths so you have things at the right moments for the next task in front of you and haven't "wasted" cheap upgrades or something that you need to get by a task.

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Baronet
The first town is the same as the other town 1's except for the final cost, so my recommendation would be to play it as a regular town 1, but probably end it a few tasks short after only a few hours, no need for the long wait to get ship/festival to 300 etc.
Would it also than make sense to only "pot" up each worker to say 2 levels, instead of 3 levels on the 1st city and save the Pots for cities 2+ if you do a quick flip on city 1?

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Would it also than make sense to only "pot" up each worker to say 2 levels, instead of 3 levels on the 1st city and save the Pots for cities 2+ if you do a quick flip on city 1?
I'd either do 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 0, 0 for 18 tasks, or do the regular number of managers for 30ish tasks.

GateKeeper

Baronet
but than on the other side of the coin, if it only costs 1M to move to next city , why not take city 1 all the way 37-38 quests? you can blow out shamrocks on higher level buildings and easily get 1M back in one boat trip. this whole first city 1M got me head in a pretzel lol

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
but than on the other side of the coin, if it only costs 1M to move to next city , why not take city 1 all the way 37-38 quests? you can blow out shamrocks on higher level buildings and easily get 1M back in one boat trip. this whole first city 1M got me head in a pretzel lol
Those late tasks take so long to do is the issue. Making the 8Q back after doing them is a drop in the bucket compared to double-digit Qs needed to finish those upgrades off.

The cheap finish is only really beneficial if you break out before the 300/300/50 state (after which it's impractical to make the city more efficient, and making 8Q isn't that much more of a wait). So either you ignore the 1M discount, run it as normal, and save maybe 4-10 hours (depending on manager levels) waiting for 8.4Q. Or you take 18 tasks finished in an hour as a freebie, and start doing "real runs" with the 2nd city.

I spent all my pots on the first town, but you're supposed to go onto the "real" towns after hitting 1M and can't buy managers after the flower shop!! :mad:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
No no no. I want them 1x1.
I just don't want them to require roads. It's just very inconvenient that way.
They'd probably have to cut the stats on the tree of vitality at least to remove the road restriction. It's way too good without requiring road.

As is, they're still pretty useful buildings to put on the inside of a corner as you only wind up with 1 tree having road on 2 sides. i.e.

Code:
3 x 3 R
3 x 3 R
3 x 3 R
T T T R
R R R R

is much more efficient than having the 3x3 itself seated completely into the corner.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
They'd probably have to cut the stats on the tree of vitality at least to remove the road restriction. It's way too good without requiring road.

As is, they're still pretty useful buildings to put on the inside of a corner as you only wind up with 1 tree having road on 2 sides. i.e.

Code:
3 x 3 R
3 x 3 R
3 x 3 R
T T T R
R R R R

is much more efficient than having the 3x3 itself seated completely into the corner.
Or something even better if you have a 4x4 space there:
Code:
3 x 3 R R
3 x 3 T R
3 x 3 T R
T T T T R
R R R R R