• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Owl II

Emperor
Yes, I recognize my miscalculation but you maintain your bad attitude.
When the cost of the trainer goes from 150 to 475 diamonds you protest (rightly) about the cost but when you can earn 5,000 diamonds per month (i.e. 2,500 on average per GbG) it shocks you that Inno reviews its figures at the decrease...
You've raised a lot of dust with your kind attitude, as always. But u did not answer the question

jovada

Regent
but if you have 10000 battles, you wont get 10000 rewards...
distortions and statistical manipulations continue and you are surprised that they are not taken seriously.
probably not , but all i want to say is that the calculation was right and in theory it's possible.

You have on each fight xx possibilities ( 2% diamonds, xx % armies, xx % goods etc and xx % nothing) for a total of 100% so the calculation is right.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
But u did not answer the question

I'll just ask, what do you think will be more profitable for Inno? cut my diamond income by three times, or let me spend at least once a month the way I did that season?
Would you rather have a 3 meter long foam leg or be chased all your life, even in the bathroom, by 10 ducks?

Inno sees that you can earn thousands of diamonds, without spending any and without increasing your attrition which was originally the way to not have infinite fights. The choice they made whether we like it or not, for all of us to understand.

On one of my worlds, I will be a clear loser. I tell myself that in truth I will have benefited from it for 2 to 3 years.
On another of my worlds, I will be a winner, as it will diminish the abilities of the guilds that I unfortunately still face.
On a third it will not change anything for me, I will continue to make about fifty fights daily, with or without camps.

Owl II

Emperor
probably not , but all i want to say is that the calculation was right and in theory it's possible.

You have on each fight xx possibilities ( 2% diamonds, xx % armies, xx % goods etc and xx % nothing) for a total of 100% so the calculation is right.
You are an amazing person. Few people can do that. I admire it, honestly. My screenshot shows 88 rewards and 1.8% in parentheses. Calculate how much will be 100%. Just for the fun

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
the full calculation for 10,000 Diamond League fights is:
10,000 x 48% (of getting a reward) x 2% (let it be 25 diamonds) = 10,000 x (48/100) x (2/100) x 25 = 2,400 diamonds exactly!
Does it make sense to you to be able to earn 4,800 diamonds every month without going over 20 in attrition?
Not me, even if I take advantage of it.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
If they nerfed GBG because of diamonds they would have to nerf dia cities too and also split dias per world so that you can only spend where you earned them.

Are you aware of the consequences this would come with?

No one would need their 2nd 3rd 4th 7th whatever city anymore, and this would make each server dramatically less populated.

Be careful what you wish for, this would destroy the core of the game.

Thats why nerfing stuff is the wrong way, because itll negatively force players to spend more money (which most wont do because they will be pissed)
They can easily hard cap diamonds secretly. For example:

Per week a maximum of diamonds from:
GE - 150
GbF - 50

Maximum annually: 200 * 52w = 10.400

Per 2w maximum:
WW/FoY - 50-100*

50-100 * 26w = 1.300-2.600 annually

Total maximum diamonds from renewable sources: 11.700-12.600 diamonds. Quests and cmap are 1-time deals. This will hard cap renewable diamonds below a value of €100 per player per year. Which is significantly less harmful to their cashflow than current diamond grinds.
Either way if the change is subtle, not publicly addressed, etc. the only way players will notice is by those who’ve keeping track of their average diamond yields. Still inno can downplay it by just plain bad luck, unlucky rolls of the dice can happen at random.

*maximum of once a diamond payout by WW/FoY & other buildings that may give diamonds, it can still be buffed by BG

Beyond that, even if the “catastrophically” consequences are that players shutting down diamond farms, it doesn’t mean active players will drop in each world. Actually I’m very doubtful that diamond farms are contributing that actively to any servers anyways. Beyond collecting BG, WW/FoY and a bit of GE. Maybe it’ll be far more positive as less data of diamond farms need to be processed. This saving even server costs and subtlety pushing up diamond sales when a good event arrives.

———————-

Assuming the following:

10.000 fights / season on average
48% / fight resulting in a reward
2% of those rewards 25 diamonds

10.000 fights * 0,48 =
4.800 rewards * 0,02 (2% are 25 diamonds) =
96 diamond rewards * 25 diamonds =
2.400 diamonds / season

2.400 diamonds / 2 =
1.200 diamonds

1.200 diamonds * 52w =
62.400 diamonds annually

Let’s see how much value that is in €, or missed potential income for Inno each year:

62.400 diamonds / 14.000 =
4,45x a €100 package

Or app. €400-500 per year per player who hits on average 10k fights per season per year.
Assuming throughout all servers “just” 2.500 players are achieving this, boils down to:
€400 * 2.500 players = €1.000.000 lost potential income per year, by GbF farming alone. Even at a low estimate, it’s still a loss of more then €83k at a monthly basis of missed potential income. Sure, sure guys I believe you’re claims of it’s “harmless” to inno. No wonder they’re eager to compensating it with P2W event passes.

Does it make sense to you to be able to earn 4,800 diamonds every month without going over 20 in attrition?
Actually it’s a bit more:
2.400 diamonds/season / 2 = 1.200 diamonds/w * 52w = 62.400 diamonds annually / 12 months = 5.200 diamonds/month. Not far off but still a monthly earning of 5,2k diamonds on average is a huge number and in GbF farming alone. Imagine how high it is taking GE diamond farms and WW/FoY diamond farms into account and 5-10k monthly diamonds ain’t unimaginable.

Owl II

Emperor
People "earn" farmed on GBG only because they are not allowed to spend there. We have never liked chess seasons. But now it is clear that it will never work as intended. Whatever Inno did, they just aren't capable of making competitive gameplay. Or they don't want it. The PVP arena proved it. This was proved by a six-month useless test. We played chess extremely rarely, with only two guilds in our world. Other guilds were forced to spend on rushing buildings in seasons with us. But now I'm tired of being a white crow. Let there be a total farm. There is only one task left to solve now. I have assembled a fighting team that is not interested in stupidly farming. What should I do with them now? GvG? There is nothing else here:D

jovada

Regent
You are an amazing person. Few people can do that. I admire it, honestly. My screenshot shows 88 rewards and 1.8% in parentheses. Calculate how much will be 100%. Just for the fun
I thought an Owl was wise , but you clearly must learn to read first.

I said probably not, and i said in theory. So think twice before you start mockery.

Owl II

Emperor
I thought an Owl was wise , but you clearly must learn to read first.

I said probably not, and i said in theory. So think twice before you start mockery.
Probably? Fuzzy logic is also a branch of math. But simple calculations at the elementary school level are enough for us here.
So how much is 100% if 1.8% equals 88?

jovada

Regent
Well mister Owl , i can also show 1 season of 1 of my worlds , and it shows 2.2% so in theory like i said 2% is possible , And i continue to say probably not , but where are you now with your math of 1 season ??????????

Attachments

• diamant beloning.jpg
    diamant beloning.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 16

it does make alot of sense, it only needs to be balanced within the game.

the good thing is, balance is always an easily possible thing to do.

lets say Inno introduced 10 different shiny things or perma-buffs that everybody wants, and they cost 100.000 diamonds each. And lets also say they embedded these shinies in a fun and exciting game mechanic.

now lets say a very active player who spends most of his free time playing FoE (a so called 1%percenter) can make 10.000 diamonds a month playing GBG. it would then still take them like 8 years to get all 10 of these things from farming GBG, all the while Inno is introducing dozens more of these shinies.

Everybody could get them at some point, but those who cant wait will pay real money.

This would be a concept that can make everybody happy if done right, because those who dont pay will still be highly motivated to reach these shinies. many of the non-payers will flip, not being able to wait, and will buy at least one of those shinies. maybe two, maybe three.

This would be the motivational way to fix any diamond issues.

the other way is the ugly one which most people hate: nerfing the dia drop rates or nerfing GBG at all.

P.S. inno already implemented this comcept successfully when they inteoduced the castle system.

most people seem to be haopy about the castle system.

the only mistake they made (in my book) is not having conmected it with the ability to spend dias on it to speed up the castle leveling a bit.

thay could introduce much more than that castle system

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Knight Roland surely Inno can rebalance their premium feature with inflation. They've proven they can inflate it by more than 100s% in the forge bowl event. Though on the flip side, they should buff the diamonds for cash accordingly.
Let's roll with your 100k example. Instead of super buffs some super deluxe premium event building. Inno surely can make 10 events annually since they love events so much. Let's say those 100k diamonds buildings. Let's say it'll cost in today's diamonds 20.000 diamonds. Which is roughly €170 worth. So, inflate the diamonds for cash by 5x. To keeping the value at roughly €170+ for each super premium building:
€100 = 14.000 70.000 diamonds
€50 = 4.500 22.500 diamonds
€20 = 1.400 7.000 diamonds

I think that's one of the ways but it's probably easier to just hard cap maximum amount of diamonds obtained from renewable sources. Much better than an inflation of 500-600%. To keeping up with the mass diamond farming.
Though I'm unsure how the community will react by an inflation of 500-600% but diamonds for cash deals getting buffed to remain equal in value. I think those who've bought diamonds up to 3 months prior to change should get the diamonds they haven't spend from what they've bought should be buffed in the same way. Still it's probably better and easier to just hard capping renewable diamonds imho.

It's been said a lot already but you continue to get it incorrect. The odds of winning a diamond package after an encounter is not 2%. It's approximately 1%. Do 10,000 battles and you will win, on average 4800 rewards. The breakdown of these rewards depends on which map is being used but the odds of getting diamonds remains a constant 2%. So, of the 4800 rewards, 96 will be diamond packages. In Diamond, these 96 packages total 2400 diamonds. The FOEHelper piechart shows the diamond percentage as a percentage of total rewards, not as a percentage of total encounters.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
total 2400 diamonds.
Still a total of more then 5k diamonds a month...
(((10.000 * 0,48 * 0,02 * 25) / 2) * 52) / 12 = 5.200 diamonds a month so, it's way more the 4.800 diamonds a month...

(((N. Of fights * % chance reward/fight * chance the reward are diamonds * n. of diamonds reward) / 2w per season ) * 52w of a year) / 12 months of a year = average diamonds / month.

Beta King

Viceroy
Lets have a few words about some people here on the FoE Forum community, who also believe they hold the absolute truth, just as i do:

Some of these guys really deserve nothing else than nerfs and copy pasta ages.

Ill give you an example:

I made this suggestion and those who took part in the discussion were - without exception - positive about it

Starship

Some guy wrote in response in another thread:

And he‘s damn right.

But still, the idea got voted down by people who didnt even say a word why. They just voted it down for the sake of it.

They whine and cry about copy pasta ages but at the same time they reject anything fresh.

Sometimes i have the feeling that a few people here on the forums are destructive and pessimistic by nature.

Maybe you are right: Nerf this game down to hell and be over with it.
We would prefer this game to be more like a cookie cutter candy crush style game where you log on for 5 minutes per day at the bus stop and play the few minutes it lets you then wait until the next day for timers to reset and maybe they can incorporate something where your facebook friends can give you some credits so you can get a few more fights in! It will be great for everyone that does not have time to play the game for real!

Beta King

Viceroy
the full calculation for 10,000 Diamond League fights is:
10,000 x 48% (of getting a reward) x 2% (let it be 25 diamonds) = 10,000 x (48/100) x (2/100) x 25 = 2,400 diamonds exactly!
It makes perfect sense because exactly how big of a percentage of players are going to get 10k+ fights in a season? People act like the top 3000 players in every world are collecting 5k diamonds per month and making it rain in every event with 10-15 event buildings all with free GBG diamonds and that just is not the case at all.