• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New Guild Expedition Buildings! (GE Update?)

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Read all about the Guild Expedition Level 5 update here (click)!

In this post you can discuss all about the new spoilers, as we try to figure out what the new level will include!

Edit 20/10: As more and more images are found I'll add them to this post so we can have them gathered in one place :)
Edit 20/11: Fixed broken image links (and wow, it has really been over a month since we got anything new :()
Edit 12/01: Updated fortifications assets have been added to the game:)
Edit 16/01:
GE5 icon has been updated, added "decoration" building, updated fortification "relics".
Edit 22/01: Added GE5 background, fixed updated fortification assets
Edit 12/02: Added achievements, info screen, updated fortification assets, updated "limited" building inactive version.

Some very cool looking new expedition buildings have been added, for what appears to be a new GE Level 5!

Edit: As posted by NoVa here, we now know a bit more about these buildings. It will indeed be a new chain set, the "Feathered Serpent Statue"!

1666280935651.png
This image implies there are three "main" buildings to choose from and three different chain buildings, but the naming of the assets and the fact that there is an "upgrade kit", suggests that it is level 1, 2, 3 of the same building, with three different chain options.

reward_icon_upgrade_kit_feathered_serpent_statue-a48e713ad.png

"upgrade_kit_feathered
_serpent_statue.png
reward_icon_selection_kit_feathered_serpent_statue_chain-843e66f61.png

"selection_kit_feathered
_serpent_statue_chain.png"
reward_icon_selection_kit__feathered_serpent_statue-ae0584591.png

"selection_kit__feathered
_serpent_statue.png"

Feathered Serpent Statue: 3x2 Residential (road required)
Level 1 Level 2 Level 3
R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22a-5e8809ba2.png

R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22a-5e8809ba2.png
R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22b-feda0a31c.png

R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22b-feda0a31c.png
R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22c-bf7f73012.png

R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22c-bf7f73012.png

In addition to the main building, there are also 3 new chain buildings that can be chained behind the main building. Each building is a 2x2 Decoration (no road required), with three different style variations each. Like other decoration buildings with variations, the specific variation will be different each time you reload the city (so you choose between the three different buildings, but can't choose which variation of a building you want).

"Feathers" (2x2, Decoration)"Spikes" (2x2, Decoration)"Scales" (2x2, Decoration)
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Feathers-cd73e1334.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Feathers-cd73e1334.png
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Spikes-99c841f6f.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Spikes-99c841f6f.png
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Scales-453f9c3d2.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Scales-453f9c3d2.png
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Feathersb-6a89c4fe5.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Feathersb-6a89c4fe5.png
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Spikesb-a89db5e11.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Spikesb-a89db5e11.png
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Scalesb-a434ef797.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Scalesb-a434ef797.png
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Feathersc-9ced3af9b.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Feathersc-9ced3af9b.png
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Spikesc-2835bb091.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Spikesc-2835bb091.png
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Scalesc-92769f964.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Scalesc-92769f964.png

In addition to what seems like the "main" building for this GE update, there are also another new building and some additional levels for existing buildings!

Ritual Flame Lv 3Sacred Sky Watch Lv 3
T_SS_AllAge_Expedition16c-34b52d87d.png

T_SS_AllAge_Expedition16c-34b52d87d.png
R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition16e-fddcaccef.png

R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition16e-fddcaccef.png

Update 16/01, a new version of the building that was added months ago has been added. It has the exact same look, except the name is different. The naming scheme suggests this building will actually be a "limited" building, though I'm not quite sure that will be the case or not. Update 12/02, the "decoration" version has been updated, looking like a ruin now, so I think it being a "limited" building has become more likely. In any event, here are the two versions:

"Expedition22""Expedition22Decoration"
W_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22-09faf6bd3.png
W_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22-09faf6bd3.png
W_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Decoration-6315eeba0.png
W_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Decoration-97c1367cf.png

As posted by Flo0Fil2L0 here, we also more or less have a confirmation that this is indeed related to GE Level 5! It will be interesting to see how GE5 will be like! Will it be something completely different, or just an even more difficult Level 4?

1666282681041.png16/01 Updated version:1673881358576.png

Thanks to @beelzebob666 here, we finally have the background of the GE5 level! We also have the level "name", which is "Lush"! (Previous levels are called "Easy", "Medium", "Hard", and "Vulcane", though don't think these appear in the game itself).

index.php

Also, thanks @-ScytheNinjAlin- for this amazing dragon drawing of the map!
index.php

ge_hud_0-cd85d0059.png

1666282138417.png

The most interesting thing (as of now) from the updated Hud asset is what appears to be 6(!?) new Relics, possible related to Temple of Relics, though I don't think so myself. The colors of the new "Relics" seem to correspond to the "Fortifications" posted by NoVa. We now know for sure that these are related to the fortifications, see below for a closer look :)

1673881122853.png

1676210039071.png

I've also included what I assume to be the corresponding relics in the table below. They're not perfect matches all, but the fortifications seems to be placeholder assets anyways, so when those are properly added we should know more which corresponds where, if they do at all :)

Update 12.01.23: We finally have some proper images :)

Great Warrior TempleJaguar Warrior TempleEagle Warrior TempleTemple of InfiltrationCochimetl StatueTlacotzontli StatueZacatzontli Statue
ge_fortification_great_warrior_temple-a907eda52.png
ge_fortification_jaguar_warrior_temple-7ea22db9d.png
ge_fortification_eagle_warrior_temple-959a03646.png
ge_fortification_temple_of_infiltration-39a8b1720.png
ge_fortification_cochimetl_statue-1d17f0528.png
ge_fortification_tlacotzontli_statue-982475299.png
ge_fortification_zacatzontli_statue-f1b166da9.png

Update 12.02.23: We also have some information texts with some more insight into how they will work:

Code:
GEFL|Activate/Deactivate the confirmation window that appears when you have at least one unused fortification building slot left (per encounter). This only applies to the fifth level of the Guild Expedition.
GEFL|Attention
GEFL|For this enounter there is at least one empty slot left to build a fortification. Are you sure you want to continue?
GEFL|Guild Expedition Fortification Notification
GEFL|Guild Expedition Fortification Notification active
GEFL|Guild Expedition Fortification Notification inactive

What was previously "relic" placeholders have now been updated to show these icons, so will most likely indicate which fortifications are active. I've cropped the relevant part of the "ge_hud_0.png" asset from above:
1673881218066.png

There's also a "fortification flap", not sure if that's new or not :)
ge_fortification_flap-81ef2bd99.png

We also finally have an asset with all the fortification assets:
ge_fortifications_0-47baffeac.png

1666283814790.png

* The "Temple of Infiltration" is an interesting name. Perhaps related to this new bonus, and by extension perhaps the other bonus icons in that post are also related to the GE update?

We also have what appears to be a new background image for the fortifications, though the name also says "fortress", so exactly what these will be called eventually I don't quite know. Also, as can be seen in the "GE Icons" section below, this is actually a part of the "ge_icon" asset on the live servers right now, so not quite sure what to make of it.
ge_image_fortress_bg-81ad4e499.png

"/fortifications/ge_image_fortress_bg-81ad4e499.png"

ge_icon_0-2f45bfb57.png

Thanks to @NoVa for posting achievements here:

achievement_icons_impressive_architect-ad15dd954.png

Impressive architect
achievement_icons_impressive_defender-4b1db628c.png

Impressive defender
achievement_icons_impressive_penacho-93c057d07.png

Impressive penacho

Lastly, earlier I made a post of some new boost items I thought were for possible new tavern boosts, but now I feel quite confident they are instead related to the Guild Expedition update :)

These icons seem to be based on the attack / negotiate symbols in the guild expedition, so I imagine they will work something like this:

1666191874862.png
icon_bonus_trade_special_goods:
Require less special goods when negotiating

1666191884952.png
icon_bonus_trade_options
: Some of the negotiation goods options are swapped with previous age goods, or possibly lower the number of options?

1666191865625.png
icon_bonus_infiltration
: Infiltrate button for GE fights.

1666368361925.png

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Yep. 3x2 on the chain building. I really like how these look though. Makes me wonder if we'll be seeing an extra level for Faces and Gates as well. Also, maybe an extra level of GE would be nice too, otherwise the loot pool for GE might start getting pretty dilute.

stay rita

Merchant
Some very cool looking new expedition buildings have been added! Perhaps an upcoming GE update / rework?

Seems like this is a new reward building, with three levels and what appears to be 3 different chain options. Main building:

Level 1 (3x2, Residential)Level 2 (3x2, Residential)Level 3 (3x2, Residential)
R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22a.png

R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22a
R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22b.png

R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22b
R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22c.png

R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22c

To me these seem like chain buildings connected to the back of the building above, some sort of dragon with 3 different tail options, each with 3 different looks (I think?):

"Feathers" (2x2, Decoration)"Spikes" (2x2, Decoration)"Scales" (2x2, Decoration)
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Feathers.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Feathers

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Spikes.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Spikes
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Scales.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Scales
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Feathersb.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Feathersb
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Spikesb.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Spikesb
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Scalesb.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Scalesb
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Feathersc.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Feathersc
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Spikesc.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Spikesc
D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Scalesc.png

D_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22Scalesc

T_SS_AllAge_Expedition16c.png

T_SS_AllAge_Expedition16c

R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition16e.png

R_SS_MultiAge_Expedition16e

W_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22.png

W_SS_MultiAge_Expedition22
any idea on what the last building could be?

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Not really. Looks like it's 3x4 to me, but don't really know more yet. My guess it's another reward similar to Tribal Square etc, probably with a bit more up to date stats.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yep. 3x2 on the chain building. I really like how these look though. Makes me wonder if we'll be seeing an extra level for Faces and Gates as well. Also, maybe an extra level of GE would be nice too, otherwise the loot pool for GE might start getting pretty dilute.
Well since the chain pieces are 2x2, they could replace the role of faces and gates (decos with upside).

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
GE 5 would be great!
nice looking buildings but ritual flame won't use (A/D% for def armies still useless), SSW won't use (expect anything more than 3fps?), so not holding my breath for the rest (expect to be on par with Victory Road, one giving fps, one giving goods, one giving %D) so Dealer will be the one smiling but for my newest city until I get SoA and SO... oh wait, SoA and SO are now in every event, so yeah, dealer only.
Now it would be a real surprise if they actually had some use...

Usura

Farmer
would also be my guess that they take the redesign as an opportunity to remove FoY. would love to see a terrace farm shrink kit :)

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Even if it means revamping guild expeditions, with or without a fifth level that has been requested many times, could you not be consistent in the rewards?

As much as gold coins, furnitures , blueprints and medals are useful at level 1 and 2 as beginners benefit, these gains are paltry at level 3 and especially 4!
50% chance to win medal pack in chest 60/64??? Do the developers know the game?

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
Rather, it is a good reason to remove the FoY from the rewards, as it was done for the events:D
well, if they remove FoY, no reason to stay in the game: I'm not gonna wait for 11 months at the end of the tech tree for a new era (that'll be copy-pasted from previous) if I have no reason to login to work on my farms... or I'll play 3 weeks/year for the new era and that'll be it... which in fact will not be the worst thing to happen this year :D
not having WW and shrink kits in events made them "no need to play them"
no FoY will make GE "no need to play it"
GBG is a no brainer "no need to play it" (enough mindless clicking on one world!)
nothing left in the game, yipee :DD

NoVa

Squire
Spoiler Poster
Looks like there are a bunch more images.
Feathered Serpent Statue

upgrade_set_feathered_serpent_statue.png

icon_chain__feathered_serpent_statue.png

Feathered Serpent Statue Chain

reward_icon_upgrade_kit_feathered_serpent_statue.png

Feathered Serpent Statue Upgrade Kit
reward_icon_selection_kit_feathered_serpent_statue_chain.png

Feathered Serpent Statue Chain Selection Kit
reward_icon_selection_kit__feathered_serpent_statue.png

Feathered Serpent Statue Selection Kit
icon_close.png

icon_close
btn_close_up.png

btn_close_up
btn_close_over.png

btn_close_over
btn_close_active.png

btn_close_active
ge_fortification_zacatzontli_statue.png

ge_fortification_zacatzontli_statue
ge_fortification_tlacotzontli_statue.png

ge_fortification_tlacotzontli_statue
ge_fortification_temple_of_infiltration.png

ge_fortification_temple_of_infiltration
ge_fortification_jaguar_warrior_temple.png

ge_fortification_jaguar_warrior_temple
ge_fortification_fortress_bg_tile.png

ge_fortification_fortress_bg_tile
ge_fortification_flap.png

ge_fortification_flap
ge_fortification_eagle_warrior_temple.png

ge_fortification_eagle_warrior_temple
ge_fortification_cochimetl_statue.png

ge_fortification_cochimetl_statue

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Well that's interesting.

Fortification? For now I'm going to assume those GBG sprites could be placeholders, but "temple of infiltration"..... wonder if this means we'll have something that allows us to use the infiltrate button in Guild Expedition?

Atokirina

Squire
Well that's interesting.

Fortification? For now I'm going to assume those GBG sprites could be placeholders, but "temple of infiltration"..... wonder if this means we'll have something that allows us to use the infiltrate button in Guild Expedition?
GBG sprites?