• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

I've been playing for only 20 months. However, after about 35 GBG seasons and over 230K battles, I've seen a trap used by an opponent just once. My guild has never used them. With the reduction in SC/WT effectiveness I doubt that traps will become popular simply because they provide no benefit to guilds that want to farm for rewards. Let's be honest people, that's what GBG is all about. For sure, it's not about guild prestige. Mobile players (80+% of the player base?) have little reason to be interested in guild prestige. They cannot participate in GvG and won't worry about a statistic that's highly dependent on a guild's GvG performance. Guild leadership may care but the rank-and-file, not so much.

PackCat

Squire
Beta doesn't play like the living.
??? Other than incidental updates and being ahead in events, It plays nearly exactly the same. The configuration of Guilds may be a little different, but everything else should be transparent. The only difference would be your location orientation to the Beta vs Live servers, which would affect ping lag.

I doubt that traps will become popular simply because they provide no benefit to guilds that want to farm for rewards. Let's be honest people, that's what GBG is all about.

traps provide no real benefit, thats the one and only issue.

What if Inno gave us something in return for the GBG nerf, to make up for the reduced number of fights, and changed traps so that they generate a real benefit to the defending guild?

like, everytime a successfull attack hits the zone with the traps in it, theres a chance to automatically reward 10 forge points to a random member of the guild that has placed the trap(s). The chance for a guild member to be the winner of the FP package would be like this: the 1st third in the guilds GBG activity list would have the highest chance (50% chance that the FP reward goes to one of those players). The 2nd third: 30% chance. The 3rd third: 20% chance.

A guild could only place a trap in the same slot in the same zone once a day.

This would of course favour bigger / more active players within a guild, but thats just how it should go: the stronger you are the better rewards you receive.

It would also encourage to participate actively.

The cost for placing a trap would be increased by a large amount.

It would go like this: Invest alot of guild goods into traps, and receive FP in return.

It would add an additional strategic layer to GBG rounds: do you want to risk spending guild goods on traps in a sector that may not be taken by one of the other guilds?

Owl II

Emperor
The part about the traps is only wishful thinking. No one has placed them before and no one will use them after, because no one will have an interest in purposedly reducing the massively reduced number of fights even more.
Well.. let's be honest: traps were useless before the nerf camps. Traps had to be used by the dominant guild in order for them to work. But a strong guild could cope without it. Conversely, it was useless to set traps against 4+ siege camps. Now it makes sense. The traps are finally starting to work, in theory. In practice.. Well, we'll see soon how it will be in practice

Owl II

Emperor
??? Other than incidental updates and being ahead in events, It plays nearly exactly the same. The configuration of Guilds may be a little different, but everything else should be transparent. The only difference would be your location orientation to the Beta vs Live servers, which would affect ping lag.
No. No. Beta activity is much lower overall. And GBG in particular. How often you had 5 swaps per day on beta?

PackCat

Squire
No. No. Beta activity is much lower overall. And GBG in particular. How often you had 5 swaps per day on beta?
LOL You cannot guarantee activity... I have had it both ways... busy in beta with the right partner, and slow in live with no competition in a season.
This change overall would have the same damaging impact on live server, maybe even more.
I listed above my stats for the 1st season change, and the biggest concern is wiping out goods inventory above 100% attrition.

I do not mind the attrition so much, as I do the % escalation which is uneven, If the curve were simply accumulative, and not exponential, it would not be so bad.
If they adjust the one, they need to regulate the other as well. (example: each attrition point =10 percent.)
At 100 attrition it would then be 1000%, 150 attrition =1500%, etc... Or something in that range.

Unfortunately to those who think this would not be fair, it would encourage everyone to build up and fortify their cities.
A person with 1500% attack has earned and deserves to venture further into Attrition than someone with only 300% attack.

Last edited:
Here is one of our last seasons on live world at the waterfalls. The screen is dated May 7, two days before the end of the season. Let's compare now with the last season of Asgard on the waterfall map. 67 thousand fights. Do you feel the difference?
Approximately 60% reduction in fights. Assuming that the same number of players were available both seasons and that the competition was the same, TBH, I was expecting a 75% reduction, more or less.

King Flush

Marquis
I've been playing for only 20 months. However, after about 35 GBG seasons and over 230K battles, I've seen a trap used by an opponent just once. My guild has never used them. With the reduction in SC/WT effectiveness I doubt that traps will become popular simply because they provide no benefit to guilds that want to farm for rewards. Let's be honest people, that's what GBG is all about. For sure, it's not about guild prestige. Mobile players (80+% of the player base?) have little reason to be interested in guild prestige. They cannot participate in GvG and won't worry about a statistic that's highly dependent on a guild's GvG performance. Guild leadership may care but the rank-and-file, not so much.
dissagree think traps will indeed be used often, all guilds will be really even on total fights they can do at least guilds of similar size, strong guilds are not really going to be guilds of strong players anymore but guilds of high numbers (how fundamentally wrong is that) with a slight edge to those which can get those few extra fights, I say fights realistically the edge will go to the guilds who can mobilise their players to do a lot of negotiations to take sectors, players who fight will be looked at negatively for wasting their attrition in such a way, to go for a win or high place, assume that the two or three top guilds will still likely make an alliance to keep the others at bay traps will almost certainly be used. it's going to take time for the tacticians of the game to work it all out but I see so many complaints from these people who think it will be good for them right now when the reality kicks in.

Of course I'm talking about Diamond league here, the lower leagues probably not they'll just all get a general reduction in fights they do accross the board and the maps will be even more stagnent than they already are,

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
LOL You cannot guarantee activity... I have had it both ways... busy in beta with the right partner, and slow in live with no competition in a season.
This change overall would have the same damaging impact on live server, maybe even more.
I listed above my stats for the 1st season change, and the biggest concern is wiping out goods inventory above 100% attrition.
Why is that? I can. A certain level of gaming activity is a prerequisite for joining the guild:) If you're talking about rivals, then yes. Last season on the waterfall map was dead for us. Guys played without me. They were making exchanges with two guilds. And here is the result of that season. This is the absolute minimum on the waterfall map. If you use a helper, it now stores statistics from previous seasons. You can look through the statistics of Asgard, for comparison
So my prediction is: If you find the damaging impact on beta, then it will be at least twice as damaging on live servers. Or even more

Owl II

Emperor
i was expecting a 66,6 % reduction and damn i was close
Do you even understand what I'm talking about?:) This is a comparison of beta and the living world on a similar map. And yes, Asgard is roughly equal in size and composition to my guild in the living world. Moreover, Asgard was created around the same time when I started building my guild

And all this was BEFORE the nerf, of cause

Demeter7

Squire
... But in the previous season (with the full support of the camps at the waterfalls) we had 67 k fights. We made 45 k fights in the first season with the changes. Let me remind you that waterfalls have almost twice as many provinces available for battle with the support of camps. We have in the living world with full support of camps 90-120k fights on the volcano map and 120-160 k fights on the waterfall map (unless we got an absolutely dead group). This is heaven and earth. This is a turtle compared to a cheetah. And we are not the record holders for the number of fights in the living world. how can you test anything on a turtle, expecting it to work with a cheetah?
I think you just proved that this change will work. Those 20K fewer fights that you had will be 20K that other guilds might be able to use. I don't think that very many guilds will feel sympathy that you are "only" getting 45K fights.

Do you even understand what I'm talking about?:) This is a comparison of beta and the living world on a similar map. And yes, Asgard is roughly equal in size and composition to my guild in the living world. Moreover, Asgard was created around the same time when I started building my guild

as i understood it you compared the number of fights per season on

a) your live world pre-nerf
b) beta post-nerf

under similar circumstances.

the result was you could do 60% less fights on beta post-nerf

I missed the mention that the screenshot was for your live world. So, what's the point of this comparison? The only thing in common is the waterfall map. Different servers, different guilds. Different opposition. You are comparing apples with oranges.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
as i understood it you compared the number of fights per season on

a) your live world pre-nerf
b) beta post-nerf

under similar circumstances.

the result was you could do 60% less fights on beta post-nerf
Not yet:) The maps are different, in addition to the composition and opponents. When beta played vоlcano with nerf, there were waterfalls on the live servers. The same as comparing warm with soft. To be honest, this is not the most accurate comparison at all. I just wanted to show the difference in the level of activity on beta and live

Yekk

Regent
I think you just proved that this change will work. Those 20K fewer fights that you had will be 20K that other guilds might be able to use. I don't think that very many guilds will feel sympathy that you are "only" getting 45K fights.
wrong... the map just slowed that much. Those fights do not exist now. Please remember the same number of fights were lost for the other partners also.

Beta King

Viceroy
I think the guild treasury and its sources will be fine. It seemed absurd to me to assume that the role of traps would increase at first. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that the dominant guilds will be able to use them in order to keep the map. If it is impossible to fight, then you should find another way to maintain the advantage
Since this is being pushed by weaker players as their savior the goal going forward for dominant guilds should be to smash and contain the smaller guild with traps and anything else that will lock them out, They currently seem to think that it is not possible with this change so i think that needs to be proven time and time again.

Last edited:

Beta King

Viceroy
because they clearly have lost track of any vision where to go with this game. You can see it in almost every step they took in the last months: The canceled event center, the guild perks debacle, the copy-paste ages, the copy-paste events, the ingame-ads.
At least the Forge Plus horse & Buggy are still in the north field!

Owl II

Emperor
I think you've just proved that you're on your wave again. Because these two numbers refer to at least different map. There are always more fights at waterfalls.