• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Beta King

Viceroy
Why not give yourself the opportunity to buy with diamonds the first place in the ranking of players with 1,000,000,000 points ahead of the second?
This saves you from wasting time fighting without any risk of losing.
So you will have time to enjoy your free time and admire your ranking which seems to be the only thing that has value in your eyes.
There are players with 26 world wishing well farms that contain 2000+ wells so i wouldn't have a chance buying my way to the top anyway. Hopefully the nerf will get all the old top players to quit leaving me at the top!

sirblu

Baronet
And regarding phone/tablet players not being able to play GvG, is that correct?
What do you recommend?
Yes that is correct - GvG is only available in the browser version and cannot be played on mobile - that is why Inno developed GbG to be played on both mobile and browser

Amdira

Baronet
What about admitting that there are 2 sorts of "greedy farmers" in GbG.
1. The ones which have been already top players before GbG and took advantage of their combat strenght
2. The ones, who have started with FoE just about 2 or 3 years ago, knowing nothing about gameplay without GbG, and have been pushed by some guilds to top fighters
Both were using blinkers - the first ones on top of several years of "hard work" enjoying it getting much more easier - the latter ones due to also "hard work" supported by guilds who needed more 24/7 fighters
tbh I don't envy both as I'm playing most of times just for fun, distratction and sometimes to face challenges, but I can understand players, who put a lot of effort for many years in their cities being upset when seeing a blinker with a wild youngster in the back mirror, who didn't half the work as he himself.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
One thought: A lumpsum FP reward to each member based on placement, with a sufficient gradient to reward those who continue to win in higher leagues. Say diamond could offer:
1st - 3000 FP each
2nd - 2000 FP each
3rd - 1500 FP each
4th - 1250 FP each
5th to 8th - 1000 FP each (fighting to avoid relegation to a league with worse prizes)

then platinum could offer a similar distribution with a smaller range - 1000 FP for 1st down to 300 FP for lower places. gold could offer 300 for 1st down to 100 for lower places.

This would shift some of the focus to caring more about winning than farming.

Feels like this could be a great step towards making this change (not being able to hit a sector with 0% chance of getting attrition) a good one. Not saying I agree with those numbers, not saying I don't, but simply the idea of making the rewards actually worth the effort for players to still make strong cities and to show up to fight in Guild Battlegrounds.

Beta King

Viceroy
Ok, Since my previous post asking this question seems to have vanished into thin air, I'll ask it AGAIN!!!!!!

What is the problem so many seem to have with FARMING????
The issue is that the average player cant stand to see you getting so many rewards and they don't have the time or motivation to go get them with you so best to make the max achievable rewards achievable with a minimal amount of effort.

Owl II

Emperor
What about admitting that there are 2 sorts of "greedy farmers" in GbG.
1. The ones which have been already top players before GbG and took advantage of their combat strenght
2. The ones, who have started with FoE just about 2 or 3 years ago, knowing nothing about gameplay without GbG, and have been pushed by some guilds to top fighters
Both were using blinkers - the first ones on top of several years of "hard work" enjoying it getting much more easier - the latter ones due to also "hard work" supported by guilds who needed more 24/7 fighters
tbh I don't envy both as I'm playing most of times just for fun, distratction and sometimes to face challenges, but I can understand players, who put a lot of effort for many years in their cities being upset when seeing a blinker with a wild youngster in the back mirror, who didn't half the work as he himself.
Three. Still others do not want to make an effort, but believe that the first place and all the awards should belong to them. And the fact that others got it is a monstrous mistake of developers needs to be fixed;)
(By no means do I mean you personally. I respect your style of play and attitude to it)

Devilsangel

Baronet
I'm sorry to spoil your dream but the only way that a lower level player (say #8000 with 1MM points) was going to catchup with a higher ranked player (say #800 with 100MM points) is for the higher ranked player to quit playing. I'm #261 on my main world. Recently, my ranking score has been increasing about 1MM per day. Meanwhile, the top ranked players are advancing at 5X-10X my rate AND this is with GBG. The change to SCs won't make any difference. Lower ranked players will not be able to catch up to active high ranked players. Who would play a game where this was possible?
I have another example. I know a player from my main live world. In December he was in the 200-300 ranking +/- played enough but not much, he asked me how he could get to the top. Well I told him all the ways it could be achieved fights/negotiations etc. Today he is #23
He's in a semiactive 30 player guild where there are some fighter, but they are mostly interested in GvG so gbg used to suffer a little. Since December what he does is go to larger guild on the gbg map and begs to be added to the swaps and doesn't even tell he's guildies (at least that's what I heard from them) they work their way to the sectors he needs and most come on only to do the minimum, others can only join once if they're lucky and the shields came down after GvG ended.
I was once on the same map as him making swaps with a friendly guild, he joined in but he avoided all sectors with less than 4 SCs, saying he didn't need those sectors, we were all bored to hell because we had to wait for him, and it was clear that only 1 person was doing the fighting. If it were me, I'd kick him from the swap, but the other guild kept him, I think because of some GvG arrangement they have with the other fighters....he playes only from phone, so all his ranking and fights about 2400 a day come only during gbg and only from there
Anyways...it is possibly to fly up in ranking

The issue is that the average player cant stand to see you getting so many rewards and they don't have the time or motivation to go get them with you so best to make the max achievable rewards achievable with a minimal amount of effort.
I see. In other words, "Real Life" attitudes come into this game. LOL! The crazy thing is that, when I farm, INNO gives me all the fps. They don't come at the expense of other players. We're actually working tiles to flip them over so someone else can profit off them. Limiting rewards for the whole island in all it's methods simply replicates the scarcity paradigms we experience in RL from the world power elites. Inno gives up 'house money' for free! LOL!

Three. Still others do not want to make an effort, but believe that the first place and all the awards should belong to them. And the fact that others got it is a monstrous mistake of developers needs to be fixed;)
(By no means do I mean you personally. I respect your style of play and attitude to it)
RE: "greedy farmers" -- it seems a bit strange to me that, in a game which offers very few opportunities save for plundering, for the strong to take advantage of the weak, there would be people getting worked up over a player working a bit harder at the 'recreation' of game play to advance their city. When I was new, I climbed a learning curve in order to make the game easier for myself. Why should anyone feel pressured by someone else's efforts in a game were INNO goes out of their way to minimize conflicts between players based on strong against weak exploitation. The bottom line is, for every season on the GBG island, the more TOTAL fights there are, the MORE rewards ALL the players receive! And it's All FREE STUFF!!! It comes from INNO for nothing, except maybe goods and troops WHICH WERE ALSO FREE, in essence.

From everything I'm seeing so far in the first Beta season with this travesty they call a 'rebalance' the only thing it will do for sure, is reduce the TOTAL of REWARDS given out to a season FOR EVERYONE!! Our guild is probably down NEAR HALF in rewards. Cui Bono??? At the Macro level, No one I can see...

Beautiful map which is not exclusive to 2 guilds and very good combat figures, showing that the value of a good fighter is not measured in the number of camps.
1600 fights in 5 days, that's a very good average.
"Good Fighter" means one with lots of A/D :) The higher attrition you can still fight under, the 'Better" you will be.

-Alin-

Emperor
But, in previous seasons, where would you have been on day 5 in total number of fights?? My guess is at least twice as many??? That's about where our guild is so far...

In a good sesion of swaps, the first 3-4 players had only them 3-6k of fights, so at least 40k fights in the first 5 days.

In a very good session of swaps, like we used to do with kypiapxoi, first 4-5 players ended with 17k, 15k, 14k, 13k and other numbers similar to these. 140k fights did only that round :))

My last very active round, the session of swaps was medium because of new goods, we just began playing SAJM here in beta.
1656961760024.png

Last edited:

Herr Voxner

Merchant
Never got my question answered by Inno "what is the real problem you are trying to solve?". From reading the forum it appears the underlying problem is Guilds are forced into higher leagues they can't compete in and therefore, can't effectively play GBG. The solution to universally lower max attrition doesn't solve this problem, it only lessens play for everyone.

Solution: Allow guilds the option to reject moving up into higher leagues, also if finishing in lowest 3 spots, an option to move down a league. This solution can't be abused because of the law of diminishing returns. The lower the league, the less rewards. Guilds will find the most efficient league to be, which is the highest league they can be competitive in...anything lower and they will be losing reward efficiency. Guilds still need points to move up leagues or maintain, otherwise they can still fall out of an league automatically.

jovada

Regent
I have another example. I know a player from my main live world. In December he was in the 200-300 ranking +/- played enough but not much, he asked me how he could get to the top. Well I told him all the ways it could be achieved fights/negotiations etc. Today he is #23
Just be honest that is only achieved by exploiting only camps and waiting to fight with 0 attrition, what you are saying is that almost none of the top 200 play GbG if he could make his way so quick this far, or are there 23 players ( of what a 10.000?) that do even more endless fights ??? And you call this a merite, endless clicking just to brag you are nr23 now ?????