• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Regarding Recent Feedback

An recent example could be the space ages offering little purpose beyond expansions. What the community dies to know is to what extend into an solution is looked. Does the dev. team considered or discuss new ideas for them? On which parts of the space ages are they interested into spicing them slightly up? If that can be communicated the community can provide more direct and more constructively helpful feedback/advice. Just as an example let's say the devs would like to spicing up the colonies to making the space ages more enjoyable / appreciated. The community could providing them with tons of ideas to integrate changes contributing into an more interesting/appealing space age. While I can understand that spicing up the space ages concept is an costly and time consuming investment, I think most players are more willing to be patient if they know that the devs are experimenting with new concepts for the space ages. Most specifically stuff to do while waiting for the next age to come around and how to expend upon the previous age.
Especially in response to "What the community dies to know is to what extent a solution is being looked in to"
I have to add, the lack of any response or acknowledgement about the absolute tragedy that is the space ages, makes it feel as if Inno is blissfully unaware of their absolute failings to provide useful and fun content. That appearance of ignorance is the frustrating part, it's even worse than if they just came out and told us they don't care and to suck it up, because at least then we'd know where we stand and to stop trying.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Especially in response to "What the community dies to know is to what extent a solution is being looked in to"
I have to add, the lack of any response or acknowledgement about the absolute tragedy that is the space ages, makes it feel as if Inno is blissfully unaware of their absolute failings to provide useful and fun content. That appearance of ignorance is the frustrating part, it's even worse than if they just came out and told us they don't care and to suck it up, because at least then we'd know where we stand and to stop trying.
Exactly I’ve came across a few ideas and I myself have some minor new mechanics in mind to suggest that would flip the colonies into somewhat strategical city planning by changing 1 thing. Adding a few additional optional purposes. I admit it's hard to figure out something that can be simple in nature yet feeling all the giving an different experience. Which I'm determined to include if I'll share my thoughts in detail for improving future ages. Though before even that, I'm hesitant to share it as I don't know if it's DNSL in some way or they're simple not interested to looking into it or interested in investing into improving later space ages and with it future-proving the game a bit further, or to what extend they're willing/interested to improving future space ages.
I think as we're left to speculate, in particular negative emotions and speculations merging victorious. If there was an clear, definitive answer from the devs that would take away those speculations, it could greatly counter the speculations and contribute to an healthier future. Imo that's basically what the community tried to tell in many different ways and words. The more information in announcements are helpful and appreciated but don't do anything to take away speculations which fuelling the negative spiral.

The latest update seems to have merged the regular and 'event' buildings (confectionaries, sleigh builders, that sort of thing) into one stream for setting up builds. While the idea has merit, I am sure I am not the only person who uses the 'event' buildings for the 'complete x productions of your age' quests, without messing around with the older stuff. With the merged system, now I have to go through a hundred older buildings (particularly blacksmiths, as many of us have them for the 'complete x production' quests) to find the 'event' buildings. It would be lovely to have the option to choose how we stream them, but if that is outside the code, then please return it to the separate streams.

I've been playing this game since before there were GBs or space for more than 10 FPs, and the only things walking the roads were dinosaurs. A lot of changes have been very good, but some just seem to be change for the sake of making a change. Please ask the developers to actually consult their customers (many of us have shelled out rather a large sum over the years) before implementing stuff. We wouldn't be doing beta if we didn't want to make a positive impact on our favourite addiction, er, game!

Emberguard

Emperor
The latest update seems to have merged the regular and 'event' buildings (confectionaries, sleigh builders, that sort of thing) into one stream for setting up builds. While the idea has merit, I am sure I am not the only person who uses the 'event' buildings for the 'complete x productions of your age' quests, without messing around with the older stuff. With the merged system, now I have to go through a hundred older buildings (particularly blacksmiths, as many of us have them for the 'complete x production' quests) to find the 'event' buildings. It would be lovely to have the option to choose how we stream them, but if that is outside the code, then please return it to the separate streams.
Given the issue is for "complete productions of your age", how would you think of this instead?: Everything in one rotation *BUT* in order of age, from highest to lowest?

Finkadel

Marquis
I had quit this forum once. Not only me, a lot of people were done with it after Reading from CM that our voices don't actually matter, because Inno has a pole of opinions from "other sources" and they take rather their feedback, than ours under consideration. That was that, what was there else to do for me, since Inno ignoring this community because of "other sources".

And now there is new CM, new moderators and you all may be finest people of all, bless your good little hearts. But you poke a dragon with a stick writing still the same: "but of course your opinions matter, but of course!" while still all evidences to the contrary... You just don't make the mistake to tell us in the face that you have "other sources" that tell you all opposite from us and you rather take them than us.

So, all this pretty little tales from kindergarden "be nice or no one will listen to you" - you can save for somebody else. We know for a fact being nice or not changes nothing. We are just being ignored - not by you, forum responsible staff - by Inno if we are not happy with their doings.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
As a primary goal of ours, we would like to improve transparency, and therefore, we would like you to get involved in the discussion.
Is this your only annual message where you want to establish a real dialogue?
Because after a week there is no lack of constructive comments, but if you don't make the effort to answer at least the most disturbing ones (either those who come back the most or who are the most liked) you will prove that the community is right when they think you don't respect us.

This is the place to be if you have any questions about our statement
What is it called when we ask questions but have no answers?

Is there a communication manager at Innogames (UX/UI) so that the monologue turns into a real dialogue?

I'll say it again and I don't think I'm the only one, I'd rather be told "no" than not say anything.
And if we can have the reason, even invalid, we will know that it is useless to make other comments in this direction, which will lighten the forum.

I would even like to make a table of all the comments and questions awaiting answers if you agree to give us a clear answer for each point!

Finkadel

Marquis
I mean @Juber and @Fire Witch - my opinions are only towards Inno. No, I won't be nice, since Inno pay no attention no matter my attitude. I get it you are people who transfer those opinions further. And I believe you do your job properly. But opinions are not listened to no matter what you do - are you sincerely satisfied with the outcome of your efforts...? If so, I don't really know where it is failing - and, to be honest, I no longer care. We do our job, provide feedback, you do your job, forwarding it... and then silence. Like it all went into a big hole in the ground. And don't tell me it isn't, please, how many more times could we BEG for answers?!

Finkadel

Marquis
And I get you would only like to see @MooingCat feedback. After all, she's doing the math you can't, apparently. Well, I always appreciate her comments as well I as appreciate notes from @xivarmy because they know what they are talking about. Sorry to be so inconvinient player, not to be able to do Inno game designers work for them... I guess it is time for me to delete my forum account for the second time.

iPenguinPat

Squire
GvG will not see any changes anymore, just as we announced when releasing the Guild Battlegrounds. Only bugfixes will happen.

fwiw, there are plenty of players that have offered to help build a mobile version of gvg. inno could probably crowd-fund gvg if they wanted to. They could make a separate monthly add-on/separate application and people would pay (especially if gvg added some kind of rewards for ranking). There's still a ton of activity and interest for a feature that inno abandoned and tries to hide away.

it's disappointing for inno to rule out future changes despite interest and associated activity.

If you come across any bugs, please report them. We also addressed this topic in the announcement.

Been reporting the gbg unattached flag bug for 2+ years, but it's still happening.

These are against the game rules. If you come across any, please report them to the support team. we will have a look at them and if we can confirm the suspicion, we will ban them. However please not that even if some accounts seem to be obvious multi account, they sometimes not. Maybe a person with their partner created 2 accounts with similar names, maybe someone and their sister play together. These are things you as the player can't see. We of course can't know these things for sure, but we have various tools on our hands to have a deeper look than a normal player.

We have known cases of multi-account/alt account/account purchasing. You've seen in other venues a top player openly admit to this. That player has been reported countless times and has never received any rule enforcement. We can look at GBs, fights, activity. No bans. No GBs deleted. No alt accounts were removed/deleted/etc. Cannot emphasize enough that these are 100% confirmed and admitted and reported.

Same situation here: If you believe someone is using any tools, just report them. Reporting does not harm anyone, but we need them to have a manual look at them in the first place.

We've seen how this goes. Even blatant examples continue to go unenforced. and if enforcement comes, it's very lighhanded.

As a community, there has been overwhelming feedback about the frustrations and/or desires for some of these things. Of course, the discussion around certain topics is limited due to DNSL, but it's also common knowledge that these topics are a major concern of the majority of highly active players. Your response now is appreciated.

We're willing to try to look at these topics from your POV, but we also ask that you look from our POV. When we go through proper channels and yet nothing changes, we feel ignored and put off. (I'm not speaking for *everyone* but my platform does give me a good pulse of the highly active player community)

Same for changes that feel urgent to us, but are low priority for innogames. Heal All and the 2021 GBG battlegrounds matchmaking are both good examples of items that were "high priority and urgent" among the active player community, and yet took many months for innogames to address. Many of the features, events, additions, etc that were released during that time were "low priority and no urgency" for the same player community.

That is the disconnect causing discontent and and feels of being unheard. Poor communication. Poor/No Transparancy. No Roadmap for the future. Backwards prioritization. Lack of urgency. We provide feedback about what's important to us - and in return we get a bunch of junk that we don't really want. (Of course if it's there we'll use it, but we'd have rather our other concerned addressed first. PVP Arena, Guild Perks, Event Hub, and Castle System are all good examples. New Settlements might go on that list too depending on who you ask.)

I'm not aware of innogames doing widespread user surveys. I've seen them for when players have quit playing, and I've heard of them for newer accounts. I got a survey on my iron age EN7 world. Generally speaking, someone in a new iron age city has no clue about what's going on or game balance, so their feedback is from starry eyes, not long built in-game experience.

Looking at user behavior/data alone doesn't always tell the whole story. Someone might do a zillion gbg fights for several months, then finally just quit due to burnout - the data would say gbg was good because of engagement while totally missing the burnout aspect. A lot of people might use pvp arena, but that doesn't mean they prefer that over another feature. Even GvG usage - the game is completely different now than 5 years ago. 5 years ago, GVG was a massive grind and unsustainable for newer players. They didn't have enough attack and the unit loss was hard to manage. Now it's easy to build attack and accumulate units quickly. There is a much large pool of players capable of regular/sustainable gvg participation.

As for the streaming setup, no, putting it by age order would still be more of a hassle than what we have now. A lot of times we choose buildings where we can use a completion time speed-up (God knows what it's called!) and not all buildings work with that. To have my confectionaries mixed up with my bazaars with my whatevers, I still have to spend more time checking which building is up. As it stands now, I more or less know the order in which they'll arise so I can dash through it.

Why does Inno seem to prefer to meddle with things that work, while ignoring those things that drive the customers batty? The comments above about us being ignored for years are quite valid. If you were to read all the chats in various worlds, you'd see that is probably the biggest gripe of all in this game.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Hoping that by Monday night we hear from @InnoGames who started the discussion (unless the goal is to put us to sleep)
Hate to say this but
Honestly don't keep you're hopes high up. I've hardly seen them responding to anything in years.
Told you.

With it I meant to protect you guys from the unexpected disappointment of no response. Though I would have massive respect for them if they, by chance for an black swan event to occur, actually taking their time to respond to the community's most persisting and important concerns. Even while it's an 1-time event in an official statement 'regarding recent feedback.'

Owl II

Emperor
What's the point of a forum if devs don't ever post? Seems ridiculous to me.
Maybe they have nothing to tell us. The problem is the low qualification of performers. But the bigger problem is the lack of inspiration. The poor guy who was assigned to support FOE hates his job:(That's not fair.

Amdira

Baronet
Show me one company who is giving full transparency about their developments to their customers. Not to forget we aren't even customers, but just users of free content.
I understand the frustration and I'm frustrated myself from time to time, too - but to be honest, I think, Inno as any other company is under no obligation to lay open all their plans and intentions. Don't forget the forum users are just about 1% of all players and the majority of players (by numbers) hasn't even an idea how we are thinking this game has to be played :). Stay humble - we are the minority :)