• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Try out Guild Perks on Beta!

Emberguard

Emperor
Whatever adjustment you gonna make, if you do not cancel deactivating the perks, you can scrap the whole idea.
Only if there is SOME WAY to keep/upgrade the perks continuously, then we can talk about it at all.
How would you feel about this as an adjustment?

Perks: keep the 3 week reset -but- also do the following:

Permanent Perk Bonuses / Guild Alterations: for each perk activated in a cycle, gain or level up a corresponding permanent Guild Perk. The levelling up of permanent Perks wouldn’t need to be massive for each level due to having a permanent effect. Perhaps something that would take a year to max out any one “branch” of Permanent Perk.

We have 10 options to choose from each round, and from what I gather there's more Perks than what we've seen this time round. So it would take a long time to max out all possible Guild Perk paths IF Inno was interested in really fleshing it out to have a Permanent Perk.

This could then go a few different ways. You could make the 3 week cycle to level up the permanent part result in a 3 week temporary negative trait (while the permanent trait is only positive) -OR- you could incorporate permanent negative traits into the permanent part as well (possibly removing the negative from the 3 week cycle)

Yekk

Regent
Ember, you may be on to something. It is as easy as giving the buff for a set period, say three weeks during which a guild can collect to keep the buff active.

Since it is done for a guild, which works for the players never against them, no negative buffs can be incurred....

Now... most if not all the buffs need a complete remake.

They make little to no sense... a 10% chance to get a good for a defending army kill??? I have on live a decent defending army and it seldom does a kill...it does hurt the attacker but seldom kills one....Few others in guild have even close to mine nor does inno really set up the possibility of a decent defending army... 5% to attack for defending armies??? I am getting hit by players with 1400 attack 1400 defense. That is just insane...

15% construction time boost? The game is set up to build buildings very seldom. More often they are build and sell for quests never allowed to fully build...
Only "prosper city" is useable as it is. BUT I have billions of coins and supplies as I already said do not build buildings.

Many in my guild still have problems with where the guild perks is at. It is in social but Inno gave the useless event hub a whole beachfront building... This is suppose to be an important addition so why is it hid? And for those that do find it they have to do 30 clicks... How is that FUN? Better would be the ability to set up a auto donate system.

In conclusion, a guild perks should help all guild members, never hurt any. It should be done to further the guild, strengthen it members, build solidarity.

This version does none of that and it is impossible Inno did not see that when coming up with the ideas for this conceptualization. Even dead drunk I could have done better

Emberguard

Emperor
. a 10% chance to get a good for a defending army kill??? I have on live a decent defending army and it seldom does a kill...it does hurt the attacker but seldom kills one..
What if instead of killing a unit, it were per pip of health? If 80 goods (the max amount of health, 88 if the coding accidentally counts the Drummers extra shield thing) is considered too many for a single battle then we always have a maximum limit on the amount of goods per battle allowed.

Only thing is this would be probably the perk most open to abuse due to tying rewards into the battle result. Particularly if it's powerful enough to make it worth going for regardless of whether it's a win or lose reward. If you need to win as a defender make a deal with your neighbours to attack with Rogues. If you need to win as an attacker make a deal to only use a single Rogue on defense (or remove defense for two spears to defend)

I do like the idea of the perk as a concept, just needs to be balanced in a way that works as intended

Yekk

Regent
That still gets back to most attackers take little if any damage plus yes it could easily be abused by players contacting neighbors and setting up junk attacks back and forth. I would prefer that perk just be dropped.

Had a look at it, and have decided the cost is not in any way worth the perk.( especially when the perk only lasts for 3 weeks and it will take one of those weeks just to activate it at level 1 )
If the 3 week cycle could begin once the perk was actually activated ? then it might be worth it. Although even that is questionable
So won't be bothering with it at all.

Fenix

Viceroy
I do like the idea of the perk as a concept, just needs to be balanced in a way that works as intended

That's the problem, for them it works as intended now (it was the same with the 3 impossible battles in the previous pvp arena). Apparently every new thing should not promote the growth of the players, should in fact delayed it (causing him to spend a lot more than he will eventually be able to receive). I think that's why beta testers are ignored and so many things go to live.

Maybe do the perks somewhat like the settlement production bonus? The first 3-week payout for "Perk A" is X. The second time a guild completes the requirements for "Perk A" the payout becomes 1.X times X. Every repeat of a particular perk is at an increased value up to some predetermined maximum? The early levels might not be worth it but the later ones could be. Sure, newly minted guilds will be at a disadvantage but PvP works that way now (even with the weekly decay, veteran participants reset to a level higher than the zero point starting point for new entrants).

I think the basic idea of Guild Perks is not bad, only the current rewards are not so good. If I understood correctly, Inno is still collecting ideas for improvement:

Suggestion 1: a Perks that brings a certain probability (e.g. 1%) to a double reward in Guilds Battlegrounds.

Suggestion 2: a perk that automatically increases the number of goods donated in Treasury, e.g. by 1%.

barsm1

Farmer
I like the general idea of off having Guild Perks, but this iteration of the idea does not fit the picture.
1. Adding negatives to a Perk, along with the many resources needed to unlock - does not make sense
2. I think in the long run, this could actually be a guild killer - too hard to explain, too hard to achieve, too temporary.
3. In it's current form - this will start putting guilds in a box of single era members. Good guilds thrive by adding new blood and mentoring new members. This program will kill it as any negatives at all for newer cities will be too hard to bear for those players.
4. Cost benefit does not make sense.
5. Too many perks to "choose" from, even tho they are currently extremely lame.
6. If there is a choice to be made on choosing the perks - it should be limited to guild Founder(s) and/or Leaders - which in itself is a con, adding yet ANOTHER job for them to do.
7. Why spend time trying to make this work - why not just seriously update GE?????
8. When you ask us to give feedback on a possible new program - at least have the program written by someone who has actually PLAYED the game. The current perks offered were obviously written by someone with no experience of playing the game either as a guild member or guild founder.

5 days in my guild is 75% towards level ONE (still on zero) of savvy navigator (negotiation bonus in gbg), 7 days left in GBG we'll probably get a full day or two of this perk, then 2 days of down time waiting for gbg to reset, then I guess it will last half way the next gbg cycle. I can't imagine our guild making it to level 2 or 3 by the end of the session, and it's a top ranked guild.

I haven't been adding daily, do not need more daily activities on FOE.

jtrucker

Baronet
I haven't been adding daily, do not need more daily activities on FOE.

EXACTLY. Seriously. Too many clicks needed already each day and 30 more clicks just kill the game, no two ways about it.
I am with the game for more than 6 years and it is progressively WORSE in the time demand on daily activities. I'm just waiting for the last straw to quit and if Inno thinks I'm the only one in such state of mind, I believe they are sadly mistaken.
Inno should spend the time and man power on fixing and improving current features, not on implementing yet another "clicking contest"...

Dessire

Regent
And the clear up the recent discussion: All active and inactive perks will be reset to 0 after a cycle ended. Active ones will become inactive and set back to level 0. There is a chance, that they will be available at the next cycle, but the chance, that they will change is very high.
FoE is not the only game which have a feature like "guild perks" there are other mobile games who have the same feature and in those games the perks are available permanently, but the cost of level them up is very high. I would suggest: "if a guild levels up a perk up to level 5. all the next cycles the perk will be at level 5 but you need to spend the resources required to level it up to level 5 to activate."

Dimondus

Farmer
Why not make good donations tied to guild treasury?
In my current guild in S it has a lot of extra stock and with all thos lvl 80 Arcs its only getting bigger.