• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Delay when aborting quests & killing off Questing

aim83

Merchant
delay will not harm bot-miners
delay will harm human players
Delay will not harm bot-miners, it will lower their income.
Delay will not harm human players, it will lower their income.
So, what is your point?
Lowering income, if developers think is necessory, is harming? No, it is not.

Owl II

Emperor
Delay will not harm bot-miners, it will lower their income.
Delay will not harm human players, it will lower their income.
So, what is your point?
Lowering income, if developers think is necessory, is harming? No, it is not.
This not will lower the income of players who make quests without bots. This will deprive them of their income. Because this delay is annoy. Why would I waste my nerves on THIS? I came here to play games, and unwind from the stresses. I won't look at the gray buttons. I'll have to find another way to have fun

Hey, stay optimistic.. maybe they decided in SAV to be just very few RQs finally and they needed to slow us down somewhow upfront :)
Guess we will see in just few days lol

aim83

Merchant
This will deprive them of their income. Because this delay is annoy. Why would I waste my nerves on THIS? I came here to play games, and unwind from the stresses.
I tried it, the delay is about 1s for each aborted quest. So 5 to 10 seconds longer. If your game style is solely based of doing repetable quests all day long, then yes, you will be annoyed, and your income will be lowered in a huge degree. But if you do, for example, one or two repetables per single GB investment, delay barely change your game expirience at all - it is a matter of day or two to get used to it.
So, as I see it, the change is aimed to the players (and bots), who abuse repetables like crazy. In fact, I do it myself in my main city. 140k Arctic era goods per 1.5 months. I will not be overly dissapointed by this change, because i think their intension is to restore some kind of balance.

Last edited:

aim83

Merchant
This won't stop abuse; it will just slow it by a small fraction. What on earth is the point?
Maybe the intension is not to stop the abuse, but exactly to slow it? And if you say it will be slowed by a small fraction - then why is so much hate shown here?

Praeceptor

Marquis
Maybe the intension is not to stop the abuse, but exactly to slow it? And if you say it will be slowed by a small fraction - then why is so much hate shown here?
The reason for the hate is that this only affects those of us who sit in front of the computer playing fairly - it won't affect bot players who can wander off and do something else while the bot plays on their behalf.

Owl II

Emperor
I tried it, the delay is about 1s for each aborted quest. So 5 to 10 seconds longer. If your game style is solely based of doing repetable quests all day long, then yes, you will be annoyed, and your income will be lowered in a huge degree. But if you do, for example, one or two repetables per single GB investment, delay barely change your game expirience at all - it is a matter of day or two to get used to it.
So, as I see it, the change is aimed to the players (and bots), who abuse repetables like crazy. In fact, I do it myself in my main city. 140k Arctic era goods per 1.5 months. I will not be overly dissapointed by this change, because i think their intension is to restore some kind of balance.
Once again: the problem is not that it lower my income. The problem is that you do these things automatically. And еhis automat is broken now. You make clicks faster than it need. It's easier to quit quests or find a macros, like all normal people, than to keep doing it with hands
You should try Microsoft minesweeper then :)
Don't tell me what to do, and I won't tell you where to go.

Last edited:

aim83

Merchant
And this automat is broken now.
No, it is not. I still can do it, but surely it will take time to get used to it. Remember the days we make GB investment by 10fp's? Now, let's imagine this "new" pissibility is removed from game. Lot's of people will be complaining and whining. The fact is, people always complain and whine, and degree of complaining doesn't always corresponds with degree of changes.
It's easier to quit quests or find a macros, like all normal people, than to keep doing it with hands
Using macroses if forbidden, and it can be detected by devs. It's not normal to do this that way. There's a risk of loosing your progress, and most of people surely skip that method.
We do not know the taughts of devs on this matter, I just say it can be intended not to stop automation, but to slow and lower the income of using repetables - to some degree.

-Alin-

Emperor
What makes you think that? Do you say it can't be detected? My statement is plain and simple. Can be, or can't be.

Many people are using macros and click recorders and Inno doesn't care at all, even if they could know about this(but they can't), mostly for GvG to place sieges in a fraction of second, people with higher dexterity using mouse manual and having a very good computer and internet still stand no chance against those people who are using macros for sieges.
For quests people are using click recorders to do things in a loop and that's it.

Back to GvG, according to what they said in the past when we shown them recordings and presented them everything we could via support, they said they can't prove who and when are using them, so they „lied”-(they don't know) all the time, if they really knew who and when used macros/click recorders surely they could let us know untill now the true fact and those people were banned untill now according to their rules.

So for me it's clear they can't prove who are using macros/click recorders.

All they can catch are only scripts/bots because both of them are accesing/reading their data from the browser used and can monitor all movements and behaviours and when are logging in game to collect/plunder whatever are written/programmed to do.
But macros/click recorders are just doing mouse movements, and for doing this account needs to be online all the time(to refresh, internet down and more), so people are all the time monitoring that click recorder actions like other people are monitoring their GPUs rig for mining, lol ...

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
After the answer on the bug-topic " this is not a bug but intentional" we all started complaining and the only action was closing that topic and saying you can create a new one. More then one week feedback (previous and actual) and all we know is that the mods or devs are huge fans of simon & garfunkel.

♫ this is the sound of silence ♫

In all honesty, Mods have nothing to do with this; they are volunteers who by and large are invested in FoE and like playing it. They are mostly just trying their best to keep the forums running, and rarely getting much in the wya of thanks.

I’d bet even many/most Devs have little to do with this large a change other than implementing what they’ve been told to do, but that’s a pure guess; impossible to know.

What is fairly certain is that a major change could only occur if senior Inno management agrees with it. These kinds of decisions aren’t made by middle managers; just those at the top of the corporate hierarchy.

Maybe Inno’s owners see FoE only as a cash cow, and are milking it for maximum profits before they sell it off. Or maybe they just are investing everything into developing new games, and are guessing most players will whine, but keep playing, and enough will even continue paying.

What seems fairly clear is that Inno lacks any sense of loyalty to long-time customers.

Mitos

Squire
... and they even could not make it work normally - on live server i had to refresh page like 10 times - damn thing froze time to time instead of just delaying ...
i hope "one-star-for-app" rebels will make some financial damage to Inno and put an end to this crapy idea
(and to that crapy zoom "feature" that someone thought is cool to have)

Mitos

Squire
and i am just curios: if this "feature" meant to be to prevent abuse - what... tell me, please, WHAT was stopping dev from applying of this usability option ONLY after X RQ per day? What? You want to stop abuse? What is abuse? 10 RQ per day is abuse? 20? 100? Pick a number and USE it - not on everyone with this clearly "amazing" design... But no... :( :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:

nev.

Farmer
Nothing about this prevents abuse. it just makes my city collection longer and more painful.
I wana play not spend time waiting for quests to cycle. and yes RQ is why i leveled my cf. otherwise it has very limited/no purpose. i was bad enough when they added the 2 click on the unbirthday quest, like there is point of paying one without the other. (not like the game doesn't have enough clicking/tapping in it)
This just makes it frustrating. This on top of the lag already in the game, or having to refresh the browser multiple times per day when the recurring doesn't pop up when cycling.
i'm not expecting a 'perfect' game, with no lag or occasional glitches. but don't throw new delay obstacles in the path.