• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2020

Osserc

Merchant
I came here wondering who on earth would make a harvest moon festival on their city and xiv popped in. ;) I mean I guess they're good "per tile", but then you have to have all of these buildings touching each other and a road.
The attack focused setups only use buildings that don't require roads.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I came here wondering who on earth would make a harvest moon festival on their city and xiv popped in. ;) I mean I guess they're good "per tile", but then you have to have all of these buildings touching each other and a road.

Well I mean cost is an issue for me to build a city of it - but if it weren't, maybe I would ;) It's the most interesting set they've put out though - so many ways to build it (and yes I include roads in all my analysis when they're needed). I like the layout game :)

DeletedUser7624

The attack focused setups only use buildings that don't require roads.
Probably because only 20% players would be able to max out barn. Unless some will be really lucky to gather 220 ingredients for 11 grands (11th is barn upgrade)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Probably because only 20% players would be able to max out barn. Unless some will be really lucky to gather 220 ingredients for 11 grands (11th is barn upgrade)

No, because the barn adds nothing to attack.

Attack-focused setups revolve around the most (supported) wheat fields with the least other supporting pieces. The 1x3 or 2x2 buildings make the most sense in this regard. None of which needs road.

The most space-efficient FP layout also doesn't use a barn - because while the barn itself is fine in that regard, to support the barn you have to include many buildings that do nothing for your FP. Also the most space-efficient FP building is the Begonia Bench which leads to trying to max out how many of those you can support. With 5 fields you can get 12 FP in a 3x7 with road only on one side - this is slightly less efficient than the L8 Art Exhibition. With 9 fields you can get 24 FP in a 3x12 with road along the two short sides - this is more efficient than the L8 art exhibition.

People aiming for either the 3x12 FP layout or the 7x6 attack layout need so many fields they would have no problem including a barn if it helped.

What the barn is for is the people who just barely are finishing one full set and aren't worried about space efficiency so much as total value. They could build a 12FP 3x7 layout in less than half the space of the 6x7 intended layout that needs road on at least two sides, or they could have a full layout that produces 20FP.

ffblackice

Farmer
2 days left, even I selected event ingredients in all the daily challenge, I think there are around 20 starts short on the grand prize for the last upgrade, I will need to keep in apprentice league for the last upgrade - the last hope.

I don't think I will play this event in live server if I can not max out the barn in beta.

Lady FB

Farmer
harvestfarm.JPG

I am having a technical problem with the event building. The harvest barn is recognizing the begonia benches as being adjacent to the barn. However, the begonia benches aren't recognizing the barn as being adjacent. Tech support says the begonia fields aren't adjacent. But I think that they are and the barn states they are per the pop up.

harvestfarm1.JPG

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
View attachment 5889

I am having a technical problem with the event building. The harvest barn is recognizing the begonia benches as being adjacent to the barn. However, the begonia benches aren't recognizing the barn as being adjacent. Tech support says the begonia fields aren't adjacent. But I think that they are and the barn states they are per the pop up.

View attachment 5890
They need to be next to unique set buildings, so two begonias next to eachother won't count for the bonuses. So the 1 bonus is from the barn.

GateKeeper

Baronet
If the average player will get 7-8 selection kits without spending diamonds (6 from the baking/milestones, and 1-2 from the League), what is the best combo/pattern for AB for AA (Wheat Field) and DB for AA (Ochre)? Maybe using the Barn, or not, whichever is better.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If the average player will get 7-8 selection kits without spending diamonds (6 from the baking/milestones, and 1-2 from the League), what is the best combo/pattern for AB for AA (Wheat Field) and DB for AA (Ochre)? Maybe using the Barn, or not, whichever is better.

They will get about 180-200 ingredients if they do the ingredient daily challenge every day and stay atop incidents probably which will get them 9-10 grand prizes for 4 selection kits and 1 barn upgrade. They'll get 2 + a barn upgrade from milestones. They'll get 1 anything-selection (barn upgrade or field) from apprentice league (leagues that reward 2 will likely be exclusively the grounds of spenders).

So: They either have

6 Fields + a fully upgraded barn (default layout)
or
7 Fields

The next grand prize field is far away. So they'd have to spend enough to get to silver league for 8 fields and the big attack layout (1 Begonia Bench, 1 Autumn Scarecrow, 4 Wheat Fields + 2 Ochre Yards). I'm not sure if there's any better than losing 1 wheatfield if you were stuck at 7 and trying to make an attack layout - which would make the shape more awkward.

Okamiris

Baronet
Hello @Dudettas , sorry for my bad english :confused:
But with this and with the last ingredient on the quest and the daily challenge, is impossible for me to win the last harvest barn upgrade kit.
20200809_024359.jpg
20200809_024421.jpg
2 ingredient and 1 daily and 2 (eventually) in daily challenge today, is not sufficient to finish a full harvest barn. I have loose some daily challenge, but ....
I found, approximate, 1 or 2 ingredient in the incident per day, but is very tight
with diamonds, yes, is possible
Edit: in french i explain my anxiety correctly

Last edited:
But with this and with the last ingredient on the quest and the daily challenge, is impossible for me to win the last harvest barn upgrade kit.
This is me too, but with a few less ingredients. Have to pass 2 tables with about 16 ingredients, can't even pass one. Rarely got ingredients from incidents. Going to get downgraded to trainee leauge. Was only missing the barn upgrade.

---

Mostly I came to this thread to get the mad building strats though. How are you guys optimizing the buildings?

6zeva9

Baronet
Likewise the Barn will only recognise one of the begonias

2 ingredient and 1 daily and 2 (eventually) in daily challenge today, is not sufficient to finish a full harvest barn. I have loose some daily challenge, but ....
I found, approximate, 1 or 2 ingredient in the incident per day, but is very tight
with diamonds, yes, is possible
Edit: in french i explain my anxiety correctly
Event was designed so that you need to do the Daily Challenge chests each day to get the extra ingredients needed to get the last Barn upgrade to have a full set of 10 parts.

DeletedUser7624

Likewise the Barn will only recognise one of the begonias

Event was designed so that you need to do the Daily Challenge chests each day to get the extra ingredients needed to get the last Barn upgrade to have a full set of 10 parts.
Still without additional ingredients from accidents you won't get 220 to finish 11th grand prize. My current result is 180 baked and about 3-4 left. Another 2+1+2 + maybe 1-2-3 from incidents won't give me 40 needed ingredients. I did missed first 4 days so another 12 ingredients and still less than 40.

Umbrathor

Baronet
I still need 23 stars for the harvest barn, and am just barely in Bronze league. I have 3-11-3 ingredients left (I was unlucky in getting lots and lots of cinnamon, which is a hard ingredient to spend, and a very inefficient one with regard to dailies). I can get 2 more from the daily, getting me to 19 ingredients.
Maybe I get some more from tomorrow's daily and login. But I am not counting on that - ingredients on the final daily makes little sense since the quest may not finish until the event is over. So they may not offer that option. Finding four more in incidents is also unlikely. And even then I will probably not be able to use all the ingredients until 0 are left.

So, to complete the set it seems you need to do the ingredient-daily every day plus not miss any incidents in the city. That is too tight, for the following reasons:
  • it is almost impossible to spend all the ingredients, since you need combinations. People will always have a few ingredients left that they cannot use;
  • not everyone can finish every daily (and I would like to be able to sometimes take the alternative prize, such as 30 fp's or the Cherry garden chest, without missing out on the set)
  • people who don't have Foe Helper are likely to miss some incidents in the city, such as on city streets
It is good that the bronze league offers a selection kit. That allows people to complete the set. However, to sensure that everyone who finished the quest line can complete the set, it might be wise to either:
* include the selection kit in the Amateur league
* expand the bronze league so the percentage covers the percentage of people who, based on previous events, complete the entire questline. [If generally less than 20% of people complete the entire questline, bronze is fine as it is]
* give out a few more ingredients in quests
* allow people to trade ingredients

The Lady Ann

Baronet
I am thinking when this goes live saving all my ingredients for the last day and forgetting about the dailies there was only a couple I was interested in anyway was thinking about a 2nd cottage and cider mill upgrades

So, to complete the set it seems you need to do the ingredient-daily every day plus not miss any incidents in the city. That is too tight, for the following reasons:
  • it is almost impossible to spend all the ingredients, since you need combinations. People will always have a few ingredients left that they cannot use;
  • not everyone can finish every daily (and I would like to be able to sometimes take the alternative prize, such as 30 fp's or the Cherry garden chest, without missing out on the set)
  • people who don't have Foe Helper are likely to miss some incidents in the city, such as on city streets
It is good that the bronze league offers a selection kit. That allows people to complete the set. However, to sensure that everyone who finished the quest line can complete the set, it might be wise to either:
* include the selection kit in the Amateur league
* expand the bronze league so the percentage covers the percentage of people who, based on previous events, complete the entire questline. [If generally less than 20% of people complete the entire questline, bronze is fine as it is]
* give out a few more ingredients in quests
* allow people to trade ingredients

I absolutely agree!
I got 180 stars out of the event and am barely missing apprentice league, which would have given me the last barn upgrade.
I am Iron age and just can't do every single daily quest.

If you would add one selection kit to trainee league, everything would be fine. But how it is now, it leaves me utterly frustrated.
I don't even know if I would play the event on the main servers.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I would go for one of these, going for the left one personally (which building you put in the middle is up to you):
514ce5c5b1b865ace4dbe5e97c21fd8f.png

Left one gives 24/32% attack for 31 tiles, or around 1.8% combined attack per tile. Right one gives 48/16% attack, so in raw numbers it gives slightly more, but per tile they're almost the same and it's much more awkward to build. Neither of the sets require any roads ,so that's definitely a bonus! For my city the Barn isn't worth it, so I'll probably be selling those kits to the auction and only go for the fields.

Havik79

Baronet
I spent diamonds the 2k package, and I am both 7 stars from max level harvest barn and silver league, don't care about the barn but they usually nerf it for live servers.